donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 8:20:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Level 1: Tutorial // Part 1

"Jon won't be with us today."

The day was just waking up, and was staring into the school window. Staring back at it was Anthony Weaver, a messy haired, sixteen year old student. He sat at his desk locked in thought. After nearly half an hour of waiting, he was interrupted by a worried voice.
"Weaver, did you see where Terra went?" The teacher stared around searching.
"Nope. No idea." Anthony didn't care, and went back to staring outside, waiting.

----
Playground:
----

"Annie!" Mikal stood up and shouted. All the school yard looked over at him.
"Mikal. Shut up. You're embarrassing us." Anthony walked up to him. "You see Terra? She went missing."
"Who?" Mikal replied.
"Pfft. Like I know." Anthony sat down with Mikal. "I can't wait to go home. I have so much sleep to catch up on. It's so hard to sleep when you have so much homework to not do."
"Yea, but knowing your luck, you"ll end up dreaming about the homework you didn"t do."
"Ha" Right." Anthony didn't have many friends. Not because he was lonely, but because he didn't talk a lot, and he liked having his time to himself. None-the-less, him and Mikal were best friends, and they hung out like brothers. "I have an idea." Anthony looked over.
"Me too." Mikal knew exactly what Anthony was up to. They nodded at each other, and began for the edge of the playground.

"You see that?" Bree pointed over. "Those two boys just ditched school."
"Them? So? You expect anything else from those two?" Her friend replied.
"Those two? Why do you say that?" Bree was curious.
"They're trouble. Those two should have been expelled years ago. Best to pretend you don't know them." Bree's friend said before returning to her book. Bree wasn't very interested in the conversation, or the lack thereof. She also didn't care about going back to school, so she decided to join the fun by leaving also. She got up and began walking home.
"Where are you going?" Her friend looked up at her.
"To the restroom." Bree lied, smiling before walking home.

----
At Home:
----

Anthony got home before his Mother, which was good since he also got home before school ended.
He went to his computer and sat before it. He pressed on buttons and clicked a few links before a window opened on the screen.

TERRA.Net // Log On.

The screen beeped twice, then wrote across the top, "Logging on ==> Place Headset over Head."
Anthony picked up a thin head set. The headset was mostly headphones with a thin pair of glasses attached. Much more than just that, but that's how they appeared. Placing it over his face, he heard a ding noise.

Log On Complete ==> Welcome VICKSAN ==> Pick a Server.

Anthony clicked on the server titled "Server 112b" and waited. Terra.net was massive, and Server 112b was proof. Server 112b was nearly three hundred miles across both ways. Vicksan had never been on the server before, but it's always been there. The glasses began to light up. They scanned his eyes for configuration, then stopped. The earpieces beeped and dinged a few times.
After nearly half a minute of preparation, the headset finished. The computer now said something else, but Anthony was asleep. His mind had been converted into data, he was now online.

Server Request Successful ==> User Is Now In Comatose State. DO NOT DISTURB.

----
Mikal's House:
----

Mikal put his headset on. No one knew that he played Terra.net, and he preferred to keep it that way.
"Hm.. Not many servers online." Mikal thought before clicking Server 112b.

Log On Complete ==> Welcome MEKAIEL ==> Pick a Server.

----
Bree's Home:
----

"No thanks Mom! I'm going to bed!" Bree yelled down the stairs. Her Mother asked about dinner, but she wasn't hungry. Her Mother didn't care that she wasn't at school. Bree sat down at her computer, and just like Mikal and Anthony, she picked up her headset.

Log On Complete ==> Welcome EMBERLY ==> Pick a Server.

Bree looked at the options. Not many servers were online yet. Everyone was still at school. Arus Server and DOTA Server were full... Server 112b had 140 people online. It wasn't full, but it wasn't empty. Bree clicked on the server, and after a minute of preparation, was in.

----
--------
SERVER 112B:
--------
----

Vicksan was walking about the forest looking for people. He hadn't seen any all day. He was far west of his respawn point, and night time was coming. A character's spawn point was safe, but being so far, he knew he'd have to build shelter soon.

Not long into his walk, he got out his ax. Vicksan began eyeing some trees when he heard footsteps behind him. Looking back, he saw a blonde haired player step out from the forest. The player looked at him. The Username said Mekaiel - lvl 3.
"New to this server?" Vicksan asked.
"I could ask you, too. You"re not that high a level either." Mekaiel replied.
"I'm Vicksan. Don't attack me, and I'll build you a shelter too." Vicksan offered. He was level 4, and with only a level between them, skill was the deciding factor, and Mekaiel looked very prepared. Vicksan had no idea who Mekaiel was.
"A shelter? I guess. Sure." Mekaiel noticed night approaching.
"Great. I was an ultimate builder in Arus Server." Vicksan smiled.
"Ultimate builder"? Not a fighter, or a mage" A builder...? Great work, dude. And let me guess, ultimate digger, as well?" Mekaiel laughed.
"You just wait and see." Vicksan laughs. Despite Mekaiel"s gesture, building and digging were valuable skills.

Vicksan began chopping at the tree. Mekaiel sat and watched. A line of text above the tree read "10-10." It went to 9-10, then to 8-10. It went down to zero before the tree vanished. Vicksan looked at his inventory to see what he needed to get still. He had 26 wood by this point, and some other supplies.

Vicksan walked into a forest clearing in search of flax for string. Suddenly, without warning, he heard a noise. He looked back at Mekaiel, but he didn't notice it.
Vicksan looks around, listening... It sounded like static and heavy breathing. The world seemed to move around him, and it got harder for him to breath.

"Anthony." A voice called.
"What..." Vicksan looked back. Everything was fading into static behind him, and in front of him was a Guide Bot named Baramir. "A bot? What are... Why are you here?" Only the host got a Guide Bot.
"My name is A... M... Number 11..." Static was interrupting the bot, "I'll return. Sit still, and don't log out." He faded out.

Vicksan didn't understand. He looked around, and only then did he see the world breaking down. The textures began fading and glitching. He looked back at where he came from, but it was gone" The whole area had gone black. Just then, Vicksan could feel something on his lip. He wiped it off, only to see that it was blood. His nose had begun to bleed, and he felt" lost.

Suddenly, the whole world began vanishing. Resetting and fading into static. Vicksan looked around, scared. The static turned to black, and than to nothing...

----
--------
STATIC
--------
----

Error --
Booting BIOS ==> Complete.
Checking System ==> System Not Found.

Relocating System --
System Recompilation ==> Beginning Reboot.
System Reboot ==> Resumed.

Vicksan awoke in the brush, unaware of what happened.
"Good morning." A voice spoke out. "A bed of thorns, hm? I enjoy pushing my limits as much as any player, but that's quite the commitment."
Vicksan jumped up in pain, looking back at the thorn bush he was sleeping on. He looks over at the player, Paramix, a level 230 mage.

"So, I take it you saw the server crash?" Paramix asked.
"Um..." Vicksan wasn't sure how to reply, "Yes?"
"Good; it is the server, then. Very curious. I thought my computer had died." Paramix looked around. "More curious still, where has your friend disappeared to?"
"What?" Vicksan also began checking around. "Where did... Mekaiel!?" he yelled, but Mekaiel was nowhere around...
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 8:21:00 AM
Level 1: Tutorial // Part 2

----
--------
ERROR: UNKNOWN
--------
----

Mekaiel looked around. He had no clue where he was. Red and Green code spun around him, some fast, some slow. He didn't understand any of what it said.
Some of the code surrounded him. It felt like the code was... scanning him...
The room was dark and horrid, and smelled of rotting air. The very code began to decay before him, and he stepped back.

Suddenly, a white light appeared near the front of the room. Mekaiel heard a voice, and looked back at a human shape walking towards him. He couldn't describe what he saw, but it was beyond any fear he had known. He turned back and ran for the light, and upon hitting it, respawned.

----
--------
FOREST
--------
----

Mekaiel was standing around the forest. He thought he could hear someone scream when respawning. He was too busy thinking about what he saw, but that thought ended when a girl began speaking behind him.
"Where... Where did you come from?" The girl's username read Emberly.
"Oh. Were you the girl screaming?" Mekaiel asked.
"What? Me... No..." Emberly was clearly lying.
"Right. I'm leaving now." Mekaiel tried resuming his thoughts, but Emberly wasn't done.
"Wait! Hold on. I'm lost.. What was happening just a minute ago?" Emberly asked.
"Like I would know. I"d like to find out too, but I clearly won"t by talking to you. See ya, um, never." Mekaiel began walking away.
"But hold on..." Emberly stared around, than back at him. "Did you hear that?"
Mekaiel looked around. He spotted a man walk out of the forest. He had scars around his left ear, and extremely short black hair. His username read XxWaremxX.

XxWaremxX: Swordsman. level 55.
Sword Fighting: Grand Master.

"XxWaremxX?" Emberly asked. She'd never seen him before, and was scared of his stats. He didn't appear like the friendly type.
"The server reset." Warem answered.
"What?" Emberly was confused.
"You were asking about what happened." He replied.
"Oh. Right..." Emberly looked at Mekaiel, hoping she could trust him to defend her if Warem attacked. He'd die trying, but at least she could escape.

The game's list of skills worked off numeral levels to represent experience, but most of the skills also ran off a ranking system, from Able to Ultimate. Grand Master was under Legendary, which was under Ultimate. Warem was a lvl 55 Grand Master swordsman, and Emberly was a lvl 2 nothing.

"What? You think that guy will protect you?" Warem understood exactly what she was hoping for.
"Me? Pfft. As if. I'm out of here before you start asking me to grant wishes and fart rainbows, too." Mekaiel lifted his hand, and snapped a finger.
Nothing happened.
"What?" He tried again, but still got no response.
"You can't log out." Warem watched with a very serious look on his face.
"Bull. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Just give me a minute, I just didn't do it right." Mekaiel scolded back.
"Try again, than." Warem sat back and watched. Mekaiel tried, but couldn't log out.
"But" No, I"m just doing it wrong still" That"s all." Mekaiel kept trying.
"Calm down, before you stress yourself out." Warem tried settling Mekaiel down.
"I can"t log out! At what point should I not be stressed out!" Mekaiel screamed!
Warem stood straight up. He looked incredibly serious now, until they were interrupted.

"I get it now!" Emberly yelled. "Your name... It's War, written both ways. The second war is upside down though."
Warem looked over at her. He looked like he was trying very hard to still be serious.
"My name" We can"t log out, and you think about my name""
Mekaiel took a deep breath, and thought a moment. "We have to find a way to log out. It"s obviously just a bug, but until it"s fixed, we"ll need to work together. Night"s still coming. We have, at most, an hour."
Warem replied, "Agreed. Let"s work together."
They begun for the most open looking path through the woods. While none of them mentioned it, the idea that no one could log out buzzed in the back of their minds.

----
FOREST
----

"So. We're stuck here...?" Vicksan looked out from the cliff, across the forest below.
"It certainly seems that way. Extraordinary." Paramix responded.
"I see." Vicksan looked down a bit, worried and scared, but relieved. He enjoyed the idea of making this game his life, but he kept that to himself. He wasn't sure if Paramix was fooled by it.

"Vick!" Mekaiel yelled from the forest, running out towards him.
"Mekaiel!" Vicksan was happy to see him again.
"Well, it's nice to see you've made it through the restart. Mekaiel, is it? I am Paramix."
"Paramix? That's a weird name..." Mekaiel replied. "So... Are you... really an NC?" He asked.
Paramix laughed. "Such a bold speculation makes for a poor first impression."
"A reply like that is a dead give away." Warem sat down on a rock by the cliff.

NC's, or Networked Characters, are players who hook more than one computer to their character, making the game run more smoothly and allowing them to run more than one Moderator-approved modification. They often put the word Para in their name to warn others.

"We don"t know when this logging-out bug will be fixed, so we should stick together as a team. We"ll need to build shelters. It won"t be simple, building a hut alone requires a lot of materials and a lot of different combinations. Without shelter, we will no doubt die." Warem continued.

Everyone got quiet quickly. The thought of dying while unable to log out never occurred to them.
"I can build us shelters." Vicksan said.
Mekaiel laughs, "You and your shelters."
"We will also need a party leader," Paramix added. "I can take care of myself, but a group like ours demands organization."
"Who's the leader going to be?" Mekaiel asks, hopeful.
"Vicksan can build homes, and that means he'll own the Primary deed." Paramix stated. Looking around, he came to the conclusion that only Vicksan and Warem understood. "When a building is constructed, the system gives the builder two deeds: the Primary designates the owner, the Secondary the residents."
"So... I guess if he builds the shelters, he leads us?" Emberly asked.
"Unless he should choose to transfer the deed, yes." Paramix answered.
"What about a vote?" Warem asked.
"Me." Mekaiel responded.
"I vote me." Warem voted.
"Um... Me." Emberly voted. Mekaiel stared at her angrily.
Okay... Paramix!" VIcksan shouted. Everyone looked at him curiously.
"Hm. Let me think." A wry smile crept onto the mage's face as he delivered his vote. "Vicksan."
Everyone looked around at each other, and finally at Vicksan.

Mekaiel seemed angry, then smiled forgivingly, as though he understood it. "Vicksan."
Vicksan looked around at everyone.
"Vicksan." Warem changed his vote.
"Vicksan." Emberly revoted.
Everyone had voted, and Vicksan was the leader.
"But... Why?" Vicksan asked.
"Power falls most gracefully upon those who do not seek it out, and none, save you, thought to cast a ballot on another's behalf."
"So, Vicksan" You"re the boss. Whatcha need, and we"ll fetch." Mekaiel smirked eagerly.
"Um... Well..." Vicksan looked around, excited... He never expected to be voted leader. "First. I need a lot of wood, Mekaiel can get the wood since the forests are nearby..." Vicksan tells everyone what he'll need, and they move out to get the supplies.

Meanwhile, from a cliff in the far distance, Baramir the Guide Bot stares at the group. He keeps an eye on them, before heading off to find the other players, and lead them to the group.
"Moderator 11." A voice is heard in his ear.
"I'm on it. Don't worry. They will get out alive. All of them." He replies.
"We aren't worried about the players, Moderator 11." The voice responds.
"I am." The Bot snaps his fingers to break communication, and fades away.

----
--------
Last Logged On: July 1st, 2033.
--------
----

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 8:21:45 AM
Next Episode: The Welcoming of the Guests. ==> http://www.debate.org...

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 9:07:21 AM
I'm so giddy!

Merry Christmas Don.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 9:25:01 AM
Best DDO fanfic I've seen. Excellent job!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 10:24:20 AM
At 12/25/2014 9:25:01 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Pfft, like you've seen anything else.

Either way, I'm impressed, although I'm not as interested in unoriginal fanfics that actually mimic another story's plotline.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 10:53:14 AM
At 12/25/2014 10:24:20 AM, RevNge wrote:

Either way, I'm impressed, although I'm not as interested in unoriginal fanfics that actually mimic another story's plotline.

Good thing mines original lol

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 11:50:28 AM

This definitely has a basis in SAO, but it's not a blatant ripoff.

The DDO Blog:

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 11:50:52 AM
Nice start, I'll definitely follow this story as it develops.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 11:51:35 AM
At 12/25/2014 11:50:28 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Unlike your Death Note fanfic, yes.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 11:56:22 AM
At 12/25/2014 11:51:35 AM, RevNge wrote:

Unlike your Death Note fanfic, yes.

It's considerably different from the actual show by this point.
Speaking of which, I haven't made a new episode in a long time.

The DDO Blog:

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 11:58:56 AM

Lol not at all actually. I've never seen that show. I got some inspiration from .hack//sign. But the story is an original one I made a year ago

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 12:07:17 PM
At 12/25/2014 11:58:56 AM, donald.keller wrote:

Lol not at all actually. I've never seen that show. I got some inspiration from .hack//sign. But the story is an original one I made a year ago

Random question: Have you ever seen (or at least heard of) a show called Serial Experiments Lain?

The DDO Blog:

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 12:11:14 PM
At 12/25/2014 12:07:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Random question: Have you ever seen (or at least heard of) a show called Serial Experiments Lain?

No. Whats it about?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 12:20:07 PM
At 12/25/2014 12:11:14 PM, donald.keller wrote:

No. Whats it about?

It was some 1990s anime about the internet being another dimension or something and the main character turns out to be some kind of overseer of the boundary between the two dimensions. Something like that.

The DDO Blog:

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 12:22:41 PM
At 12/25/2014 12:20:07 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

No. Whats it about?

It was some 1990s anime about the internet being another dimension or something and the main character turns out to be some kind of overseer of the boundary between the two dimensions. Something like that.

So digimon. But without the digimon.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 12:45:48 PM
At 12/25/2014 12:22:41 PM, donald.keller wrote:

No. Whats it about?

It sounds like it's cooler than Digimon.

The DDO Blog:

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 12:50:03 PM
At 12/25/2014 12:45:48 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

No. Whats it about?

The only thing cooler than Digimon is Pokemon. All else falls short, lol.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 12:52:54 PM
At 12/25/2014 12:50:03 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

No. Whats it about?

Digimon Adventure 01 and Digimon Tamers were good. The rest of them? Not so much.

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 12:54:32 PM
At 12/25/2014 12:52:54 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

No. Whats it about?

Digimon Adventure 01 and Digimon Tamers were good. The rest of them? Not so much.

I watched a few episodes of Digimon Fusion and was tempted to claw my eyes out.

The DDO Blog:

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 12:54:41 PM

No. Whats it about?

Tamers 4ever

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 12:56:27 PM
At 12/25/2014 12:54:41 PM, donald.keller wrote:

No. Whats it about?

Tamers 4ever

Digimon Tamers was made by the guy who made Serial Experiments Lain.

The DDO Blog:

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 12:57:19 PM

No. Whats it about?

I'm not even sure which digimon show it was that I watched back in the day. It had to of been the original one because I can remember when it was first blowing up in popularity. I didn't stick with it for nearly as long as I did with Pokemon, but it was pretty cool when it first came out back when I was a kid.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 12:59:19 PM
At 12/25/2014 12:57:19 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

No. Whats it about?

I'm not even sure which digimon show it was that I watched back in the day. It had to of been the original one because I can remember when it was first blowing up in popularity. I didn't stick with it for nearly as long as I did with Pokemon, but it was pretty cool when it first came out back when I was a kid.

I was too young to have watched it when it first came out. But, it's on Netflix streaming, which is how I watched it.
Now, if only Neon Genesis Evangelion was put on Netflix streaming...

The DDO Blog:

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 1:04:05 PM
At 12/25/2014 12:59:19 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

No. Whats it about?

I was too young to have watched it when it first came out. But, it's on Netflix streaming, which is how I watched it.

O I didn't know it's on netflix now, I might have to watch a few episodes for nostalgia, lol.

What's Neon Genesis Evangelion? That's a pretty epic show name!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 1:06:55 PM
At 12/25/2014 1:04:05 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

No. Whats it about?

O I didn't know it's on netflix now, I might have to watch a few episodes for nostalgia, lol.

A show that I'd pay 50 bucks to be able to watch.
Look it up, and if you ever get the chance to watch the show, tell me how it was.

The DDO Blog:

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 1:10:18 PM
At 12/25/2014 1:06:55 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/25/2014 1:04:05 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

No. Whats it about?

A show that I'd pay 50 bucks to be able to watch.
Look it up, and if you ever get the chance to watch the show, tell me how it was.

Haha okay, will do!
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 2:04:34 PM
At 12/25/2014 8:20:25 AM, donald.keller wrote:
Level 1: Tutorial // Part 1

"Jon won't be with us today."
dun dun dun

The day was just waking up, and was staring into the school window. Staring back at it was Anthony Weaver, a messy haired, sixteen year old student. He sat at his desk locked in thought. After nearly half an hour of waiting, he was interrupted by a worried voice.
"Weaver, did you see where Terra went?" The teacher stared around searching.
"Nope. No idea." Anthony didn't care, and went back to staring outside, waiting.
Uh oh :o

----
Playground:
----

"Annie!" Mikal stood up and shouted. All the school yard looked over at him.
"Mikal. Shut up. You're embarrassing us." Anthony walked up to him. "You see Terra? She went missing."
LOL
"Who?" Mikal replied.
"Pfft. Like I know." Anthony sat down with Mikal. "I can't wait to go home. I have so much sleep to catch up on. It's so hard to sleep when you have so much homework to not do."
"Yea, but knowing your luck, you"ll end up dreaming about the homework you didn"t do."
"Ha" Right." Anthony didn't have many friends. Not because he was lonely, but because he didn't talk a lot, and he liked having his time to himself. None-the-less, him and Mikal were best friends, and they hung out like brothers. "I have an idea." Anthony looked over.
AWW
"Me too." Mikal knew exactly what Anthony was up to. They nodded at each other, and began for the edge of the playground.

"You see that?" Bree pointed over. "Those two boys just ditched school."
"Them? So? You expect anything else from those two?" Her friend replied.
"Those two? Why do you say that?" Bree was curious.
"They're trouble. Those two should have been expelled years ago. Best to pretend you don't know them." Bree's friend said before returning to her book. Bree wasn't very interested in the conversation, or the lack thereof. She also didn't care about going back to school, so she decided to join the fun by leaving also. She got up and began walking home.
"Where are you going?" Her friend looked up at her.
"To the restroom." Bree lied, smiling before walking home.
ROFL
----
At Home:
----

Anthony got home before his Mother, which was good since he also got home before school ended.
He went to his computer and sat before it. He pressed on buttons and clicked a few links before a window opened on the screen.

TERRA.Net // Log On.

The screen beeped twice, then wrote across the top, "Logging on ==> Place Headset over Head."
Anthony picked up a thin head set. The headset was mostly headphones with a thin pair of glasses attached. Much more than just that, but that's how they appeared. Placing it over his face, he heard a ding noise.

Log On Complete ==> Welcome VICKSAN ==> Pick a Server.

Anthony clicked on the server titled "Server 112b" and waited. Terra.net was massive, and Server 112b was proof. Server 112b was nearly three hundred miles across both ways. Vicksan had never been on the server before, but it's always been there. The glasses began to light up. They scanned his eyes for configuration, then stopped. The earpieces beeped and dinged a few times.
After nearly half a minute of preparation, the headset finished. The computer now said something else, but Anthony was asleep. His mind had been converted into data, he was now online.

Server Request Successful ==> User Is Now In Comatose State. DO NOT DISTURB.
DUN DUN DUN
----
Mikal's House:
----

Mikal put his headset on. No one knew that he played Terra.net, and he preferred to keep it that way.
"Hm.. Not many servers online." Mikal thought before clicking Server 112b.

Log On Complete ==> Welcome MEKAIEL ==> Pick a Server.

----
Bree's Home:
----

"No thanks Mom! I'm going to bed!" Bree yelled down the stairs. Her Mother asked about dinner, but she wasn't hungry. Her Mother didn't care that she wasn't at school. Bree sat down at her computer, and just like Mikal and Anthony, she picked up her headset.

Log On Complete ==> Welcome EMBERLY ==> Pick a Server.

Bree looked at the options. Not many servers were online yet. Everyone was still at school. Arus Server and DOTA Server were full... Server 112b had 140 people online. It wasn't full, but it wasn't empty. Bree clicked on the server, and after a minute of preparation, was in.

----
--------
SERVER 112B:
--------
----

Vicksan was walking about the forest looking for people. He hadn't seen any all day. He was far west of his respawn point, and night time was coming. A character's spawn point was safe, but being so far, he knew he'd have to build shelter soon.

Not long into his walk, he got out his ax. Vicksan began eyeing some trees when he heard footsteps behind him. Looking back, he saw a blonde haired player step out from the forest. The player looked at him. The Username said Mekaiel - lvl 3.
"New to this server?" Vicksan asked.
"I could ask you, too. You"re not that high a level either." Mekaiel replied.
"I'm Vicksan. Don't attack me, and I'll build you a shelter too." Vicksan offered. He was level 4, and with only a level between them, skill was the deciding factor, and Mekaiel looked very prepared. Vicksan had no idea who Mekaiel was.
"A shelter? I guess. Sure." Mekaiel noticed night approaching.
Hmmm
"Great. I was an ultimate builder in Arus Server." Vicksan smiled.
"Ultimate builder"? Not a fighter, or a mage" A builder...? Great work, dude. And let me guess, ultimate digger, as well?" Mekaiel laughed.
"You just wait and see." Vicksan laughs. Despite Mekaiel"s gesture, building and digging were valuable skills.
Interesting
Vicksan began chopping at the tree. Mekaiel sat and watched. A line of text above the tree read "10-10." It went to 9-10, then to 8-10. It went down to zero before the tree vanished. Vicksan looked at his inventory to see what he needed to get still. He had 26 wood by this point, and some other supplies.

Vicksan walked into a forest clearing in search of flax for string. Suddenly, without warning, he heard a noise. He looked back at Mekaiel, but he didn't notice it.
Vicksan looks around, listening... It sounded like static and heavy breathing. The world seemed to move around him, and it got harder for him to breath.
Uhh ohh 0.0:
"Anthony." A voice called.
"What..." Vicksan looked back. Everything was fading into static behind him, and in front of him was a Guide Bot named Baramir. "A bot? What are... Why are you here?" Only the host got a Guide Bot.
"My name is A... M... Number 11..." Static was interrupting the bot, "I'll return. Sit still, and don't log out." He faded out.

Vicksan didn't understand. He looked around, and only then did he see the world breaking down. The textures began fading and glitching. He looked back at where he came from, but it was gone" The whole area had gone black. Just then, Vicksan could feel something on his lip. He wiped it off, only to see that it was blood. His nose had begun to bleed, and he felt" lost.

Suddenly, the whole world began vanishing. Resetting and fading into static. Vicksan looked around, scared. The static turned to black, and than to nothing...
0.0 tf...

----
--------
STATIC
--------
----

Error --
Booting BIOS ==> Complete.
Checking System ==> System Not Found.

Relocating System --
System Recompilation ==> Beginning Reboot.
System Reboot ==> Resumed.

Vicksan awoke in the brush, unaware of what happened.
"Good morning." A voice spoke out. "A bed of thorns, hm? I enjoy pushing my limits as much as any player, but that's quite the commitment."
Vicksan jumped up in pain, looking back at the thorn bush he was sleeping on. He looks over at the player, Paramix, a level 230 mage.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 2:08:17 PM
At 12/25/2014 8:21:00 AM, donald.keller wrote:
Level 1: Tutorial // Part 2

----
--------
ERROR: UNKNOWN
--------
----

Mekaiel looked around. He had no clue where he was. Red and Green code spun around him, some fast, some slow. He didn't understand any of what it said.
Some of the code surrounded him. It felt like the code was... scanning him...
The room was dark and horrid, and smelled of rotting air. The very code began to decay before him, and he stepped back.

Suddenly, a white light appeared near the front of the room. Mekaiel heard a voice, and looked back at a human shape walking towards him. He couldn't describe what he saw, but it was beyond any fear he had known. He turned back and ran for the light, and upon hitting it, respawned.
----
--------
FOREST
--------
----

Mekaiel was standing around the forest. He thought he could hear someone scream when respawning. He was too busy thinking about what he saw, but that thought ended when a girl began speaking behind him.
"Where... Where did you come from?" The girl's username read Emberly.
"Oh. Were you the girl screaming?" Mekaiel asked.
"What? Me... No..." Emberly was clearly lying.
Lol
"Right. I'm leaving now." Mekaiel tried resuming his thoughts, but Emberly wasn't done.
"Wait! Hold on. I'm lost.. What was happening just a minute ago?" Emberly asked.
"Like I would know. I"d like to find out too, but I clearly won"t by talking to you. See ya, um, never." Mekaiel began walking away.
Meanie -_-
"But hold on..." Emberly stared around, than back at him. "Did you hear that?"
Mekaiel looked around. He spotted a man walk out of the forest. He had scars around his left ear, and extremely short black hair. His username read XxWaremxX.

XxWaremxX: Swordsman. level 55.
Sword Fighting: Grand Master.
WOOOTTT MYYYYY BAEEEE

"XxWaremxX?" Emberly asked. She'd never seen him before, and was scared of his stats. He didn't appear like the friendly type.
"The server reset." Warem answered.
"What?" Emberly was confused.
"You were asking about what happened." He replied.
"Oh. Right..." Emberly looked at Mekaiel, hoping she could trust him to defend her if Warem attacked. He'd die trying, but at least she could escape.

The game's list of skills worked off numeral levels to represent experience, but most of the skills also ran off a ranking system, from Able to Ultimate. Grand Master was under Legendary, which was under Ultimate. Warem was a lvl 55 Grand Master swordsman, and Emberly was a lvl 2 nothing.

"What? You think that guy will protect you?" Warem understood exactly what she was hoping for.
"Me? Pfft. As if. I'm out of here before you start asking me to grant wishes and fart rainbows, too." Mekaiel lifted his hand, and snapped a finger.
Meanie -_-
Nothing happened.
"What?" He tried again, but still got no response.
"You can't log out." Warem watched with a very serious look on his face.
"Bull. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Just give me a minute, I just didn't do it right." Mekaiel scolded back.
"Try again, then." Warem sat back and watched. Mekaiel tried, but couldn't log out.
fix'd
"But" No, I"m just doing it wrong still" That"s all." Mekaiel kept trying.
"Calm down, before you stress yourself out." Warem tried settling Mekaiel down.
"I can"t log out! At what point should I not be stressed out!" Mekaiel screamed!
Warem stood straight up. He looked incredibly serious now, until they were interrupted.

"I get it now!" Emberly yelled. "Your name... It's War, written both ways. The second war is upside down though."
Warem looked over at her. He looked like he was trying very hard to still be serious.
"My name" We can"t log out, and you think about my name""
Lol
Mekaiel took a deep breath, and thought a moment. "We have to find a way to log out. It"s obviously just a bug, but until it"s fixed, we"ll need to work together. Night"s still coming. We have, at most, an hour."
Warem replied, "Agreed. Let"s work together."
They begun for the most open looking path through the woods. While none of them mentioned it, the idea that no one could log out buzzed in the back of their minds.

----
FOREST
----

"So. We're stuck here...?" Vicksan looked out from the cliff, across the forest below.
"It certainly seems that way. Extraordinary." Paramix responded.
"I see." Vicksan looked down a bit, worried and scared, but relieved. He enjoyed the idea of making this game his life, but he kept that to himself. He wasn't sure if Paramix was fooled by it.

"Vick!" Mekaiel yelled from the forest, running out towards him.
"Mekaiel!" Vicksan was happy to see him again.
"Well, it's nice to see you've made it through the restart. Mekaiel, is it? I am Paramix."
"Paramix? That's a weird name..." Mekaiel replied. "So... Are you... really an NC?" He asked.
Paramix laughed. "Such a bold speculation makes for a poor first impression."
"A reply like that is a dead give away." Warem sat down on a rock by the cliff.

NC's, or Networked Characters, are players who hook more than one computer to their character, making the game run more smoothly and allowing them to run more than one Moderator-approved modification. They often put the word Para in their name to warn others.

"We don"t know when this logging-out bug will be fixed, so we should stick together as a team. We"ll need to build shelters. It won"t be simple, building a hut alone requires a lot of materials and a lot of different combinations. Without shelter, we will no doubt die." Warem continued.

Everyone got quiet quickly. The thought of dying while unable to log out never occurred to them.
"I can build us shelters." Vicksan said.
Mekaiel laughs, "You and your shelters."
"We will also need a party leader," Paramix added. "I can take care of myself, but a group like ours demands organization."
"Who's the leader going to be?" Mekaiel asks, hopeful.
uh oh
"Vicksan can build homes, and that means he'll own the Primary deed." Paramix stated. Looking around, he came to the conclusion that only Vicksan and Warem understood. "When a building is constructed, the system gives the builder two deeds: the Primary designates the owner, the Secondary the residents."
"So... I guess if he builds the shelters, he leads us?" Emberly asked.
"Unless he should choose to transfer the deed, yes." Paramix answered.
"What about a vote?" Warem asked.
"Me." Mekaiel responded.
"I vote me." Warem voted.
"Um... Me." Emberly voted. Mekaiel stared at her angrily.
-_-
Okay... Paramix!" VIcksan shouted. Everyone looked at him curiously.
"Hm. Let me think." A wry smile crept onto the mage's face as he delivered his vote. "Vicksan."
Everyone looked around at each other, and finally at Vicksan.

Mekaiel seemed angry, then smiled forgivingly, as though he understood it. "Vicksan."
Vicksan looked around at everyone.
"Vicksan." Warem changed his vote.
"Vicksan." Emberly revoted.
Everyone had voted, and Vicksan was the leader.
"But... Why?" Vicksan asked.
"Power falls most gracefully upon those who do not seek it out, and none, save you, thought to cast a ballot on another's behalf."
LOL
"So, Vicksan" You"re the boss. Whatcha need, and we"ll fetch." Mekaiel smirked eagerly.
"Um... Well..." Vicksan looked around, excited... He never expected to be voted leader. LOL
"First. I need a lot of wood, Mekaiel can get the wood since the forests are nearby..." Vicksan tells everyone what he'll need, and they move out to get the supplies.

ROFL
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.