Jump to topic:

Parasyte

PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 4:26:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Anyone else watch Parasyte? It's probably my favorite anime of the season and in my top 5.

Since barely anyone posts in this thread I expect it'll be a few years before someone replies.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 4:32:05 PM
At 1/1/2015 4:26:29 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
Anyone else watch Parasyte? It's probably my favorite anime of the season and in my top 5.

No, but I'll give it a watch.
Since barely anyone posts in this thread I expect it'll be a few years before someone replies.

LOL
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 5:32:26 PM
At 1/1/2015 5:28:17 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Post me some good dubbed animes dudes.

To answer your previous question, it's Japanese.

I prefer subbed to dubbed, so idk if Parasyte is dubbed yet or if it's any good in dub.

TTGL is a great anime that has dub.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 5:33:31 PM
At 1/1/2015 4:32:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/1/2015 4:26:29 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

No, but I'll give it a watch.

Awesome

It's got great fluid animation
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 5:34:12 PM
At 1/1/2015 5:32:26 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

To answer your previous question, it's Japanese.

I prefer subbed to dubbed, so idk if Parasyte is dubbed yet or if it's any good in dub.

TTGL is a great anime that has dub.

Meh. I avoid mech suits.
I'm looking for something darker too. Along the lines of Monster or Paranoia Agent.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 5:42:27 PM
At 1/1/2015 5:34:12 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Meh. I avoid mech suits.
I'm looking for something darker too. Along the lines of Monster or Paranoia Agent.

Psycho pass would be along those lines. I enjoyed the first season but haven't gotten into the second.

Parasyte is also darker and psychological in nature, so I'd definitely recommend that, unless you don't like subbed at all.

You also may enjoy Death Note (you may have already seen it), as it has dark aspects (not necessarily in blood, but definitely in death, as the title suggests) and is also psychological/thriller.

Then there's Attack on Titan, Deadman Wonderland, and Mirai Nikki. I've watched Attack on Titan and greatly enjoyed it, but ...

I only watched part of Deadman Wonderland and didn't like it because there was just too much gore/blood. Too edgy lol. But definitely lots of twists and turns in there that gives you a pretty dark/bad feeling.

I know very little about Mirai Nikki (think it's actually a manga, not sure), but I've heard that it's really dark themed, too.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 5:44:28 PM
At 1/1/2015 5:37:44 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Cheers though. Not to be ungrateful. :)

It's fine. Sometimes there's just some things in entertainment we don't enjoy :)

Kind of like how I'm not a huge fan of episodic anime.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 5:44:41 PM
At 1/1/2015 5:42:27 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

Meh. I avoid mech suits.

Psycho pass would be along those lines. I enjoyed the first season but haven't gotten into the second.

Parasyte is also darker and psychological in nature, so I'd definitely recommend that, unless you don't like subbed at all.

You also may enjoy Death Note (you may have already seen it), as it has dark aspects (not necessarily in blood, but definitely in death, as the title suggests) and is also psychological/thriller.

Then there's Attack on Titan, Deadman Wonderland, and Mirai Nikki. I've watched Attack on Titan and greatly enjoyed it, but ...

I only watched part of Deadman Wonderland and didn't like it because there was just too much gore/blood. Too edgy lol. But definitely lots of twists and turns in there that gives you a pretty dark/bad feeling.

I know very little about Mirai Nikki (think it's actually a manga, not sure), but I've heard that it's really dark themed, too.

I really don't like subbed lol. I figure maybe I'm leaving stuff til later in life in not liking it, rationing it out. :P
Cheers mate. I've seen a bunch of them (nearly all of them), but cheers.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 5:50:43 PM
At 1/1/2015 5:44:41 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/1/2015 5:42:27 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

Meh. I avoid mech suits.

I really don't like subbed lol. I figure maybe I'm leaving stuff til later in life in not liking it, rationing it out. :P
Cheers mate. I've seen a bunch of them (nearly all of them), but cheers.

Oh well, good luck in finding a good anime!
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 10:38:31 PM

I was digging through the entertainment forum and just found this quote from you:

"Anyone who likes Death Note should be ashamed of themselves, to be quite frank."

I am ashamed : p

But at least you like Code Geass!
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 10:40:04 PM
At 1/1/2015 10:38:31 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

I was digging through the entertainment forum and just found this quote from you:

"Anyone who likes Death Note should be ashamed of themselves, to be quite frank."

I am ashamed : p

But at least you like Code Geass!

lol....Sorry mate.