donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 4:00:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Level IV: The Unchosen.

"They attacked his squad, and he died saving as many people as he could..."

The forest was dark" And cold. It felt so real, and hurt and walk through. Mekaiel sat against a tree and rested. He could see the lights in the sky, but ignored them. He held himself and tried to stay warm while the sound of creatures and spawns wandered around him. Their shadows evaded him, and their eyes watched over his cold body.
Mekaiel kept his sword out, ready to stop any creature that tried to attack him, but they didn't seem to want to harm him. The cold was unbearable, and he tried thinking of something to distraction him.

"Mikal." A voice crawled out from the darkness.
Mekaiel stood and grabbed for his sword.
"Mikal. Follow." The words were cracked and rustic. Mekaiel just stared into the dark, and decided not to follow. The man could show himself if he wanted to talk. Mekaiel began to leave.
Suddenly, a group of spawns crept out from behind the trees. They stood tall, and looked like men, but they had no eyes or mouth. Simply a white face that seemed to stare in all directions.
"Sov oediv cis." The creature, a Hollow, whispered.
"Mae teunimmoc te, aut unam ed eius amina." Another spoke silently.
Mekaiel lifted his sword, but he knew he couldn't fight Hollows. He thought of a way out, but before he could, the Hollows moved forward.
Mekaiel waited for one to get near, and when it did, he swung down. However, instead of a Hollow, his bladed slid down a wall of letters.

"Mikal." The voice could be heard again.
The wall was of green coding, much like what Mekaiel saw when the system first rebooted. "Mikal." The coding decayed in front of him, and before him was a person standing where the Hollowed was. He had grey skin. The skin of a character who had died. But it was not a character" In front of Mekaiel was a guide bot.
"Who" Who are you..?" Mekaiel asked.
"I am"" The bot seemed to glitch, "... I am." The bot didn't seem to know what his name was. At the top of his character, the name Maragon could be read.
"... Maragon?" Mekaiel was both scared and curious. "Why are you here?"
"I am your guide bot." Maragon seemed serious. But Mekaiel wouldn't have a guide bot.
"Are you kidding me? Only a host has a guide bot""
"The host or first member online will have a guide bot. You were the first to reload when the system reset." The bot seemed sickly, and his left eye looked as though it was bleeding green from his pupils.
"So" I have a bot"" Mekaiel was more curious than scared now, although still very scared.
"Yes." The bot replied. He snapped his fingers, and Mekaiel"s sword dissolved. In it"s place was a charred Hollow sword. It was long, and made of multiple blades smelted together. Mekaiel lifted it up and stared at it. The blade was level 299. Mekaiel, at only level 4, shouldn't have been able to hold it. A player can hold a sword fifty levels above him, but no more. Bots had a lot of power, but they couldn't break the game like that. Mekaiel looked up, but Maragon was gone. Where he stood, there was only decaying plants and rotting textures.
Mekaiel stepped back. The forest was empty now, and he was safe. He wasn't sure what had happened, but he knew he was cold and alone. He thought about the bot, hoping it'd distract him from the cold. He rubbed his shoulder. He could feel dried blood. His hands shook as it got colder. "I"ll head home tomorrow"" He thought, but he was lost, and he knew it.
"I'll return tomorrow, and Vicksan will have built a warm home for me... Than we'll try to log out."

-- They don't understand --

The voice ran across his mind. Mekaiel looked around, but no one was there.

-- It's just a game -- They don't understand --

"Who are you!" Mekaiel couldn't see anyone.

-- They take it too seriously -- It's not fair -- You should have been it --

Mekaiel tried to ignore the voice. The voice was unsettling and it scared him. He thought about everything else instead, but the voice kept speaking. He couldn't stop hearing it. He even tried thinking about the cold; for once, the cold was his distraction.

-- You weren't chosen --

----
CLIFF
----

Vicksan stood by the forest and stared. It was freezing and unwelcoming.
"Hm." Vicksan thought. "Mekaiel"s missing." Vicksan couldn't stop thinking about the bot, only breaking the thought to think of Mekaiel in the forest.
The Silent Flare broke through the sky, and yet the forest was still dark. It got that way at night.
"Is Mekaiel okay?" Emberly came up from behind him.
"I don"t know." Vicksan looked back at her. She seemed worried, but tried hiding it. "Why do you play?" Vicksan asked her.
"What?" She seemed confused.
"Everyone has a reason for playing. Usually, they play because it"s fun. But I"m curious why you play." Vicksan wanted to distract her from Mekaiel.
"No" No reason or sad story. I just like playing." She replied. Vicksan couldn't tell if she was lying or not. "Do you know who Mekaiel is?" Emberly asked him.
"No. I have no clue." Vicksan replied.
"Okay... What are we doing tomorrow?" Emberly asked.
Vicksan thought for a while. "What do you think we should do?"
Emberly thought about it. "You said we need to stay alive, so I guess finding stuff to make hearts?"
"You don't know what you make hearts out of?" Vicksan asked.
"No... I don't play a lot."
'It's not a bad idea." Vicksan wanted everyone's opinion, but it wouldn't change his decision. If Mekaiel didn't show up before then, they'd be out looking. Nothing else was more important. "Go stay warm." Vicksan told her. Emberly gave a worried smile, and left for the fire.

Vicksan stared into the forest some more. Emberly's question was stuck in his head. To her, it was just a curiosity, but the words meant more to him. Who is everyone? Kids? Mothers? Husbands? Everyone was someone, and he couldn't live with the idea of someone dying. Mekaiel was lost in the forest, and might be dying, or dead.
"You going to go look for him?" Paramix was behind him. Vicksan was so trapped in thought that he hadn't noticed that the spelled had stopped.
"Yes. I know you'll try to stop me, but I'm going none-the-less." Vicksan answered him.
"I'm not stopping you. I'm joining you." Paramix handed him a iron long sword, "You seem more like the magic type, but at your level, magic won't do much."
"... Thanks." Vicksan smiled. He began for the forest to find Mekaiel, Paramix just behind him.

Emberly looked back from the fire, and saw they were gone. She stared for a moment, then looked back at the fire with a worried look. No one else seemed to notice Mekaiel was gone. No one except Sasima, who seemed to look around the group more than Emberly did...

----
FOREST
----

Mekaiel couldn't feel his hands or feet. It didn't stop him though. He sat there, intent on getting through the night. It was simply impossible to make it through the forest at night at his level.

-- It wasn't fair --

The words ran through his mind like wind. He couldn't stop thinking about them. They were female, and rustic.

-- It should have been you -- it was always you --

The words sounded corroded.

-- You should be king --

Mekaiel couldn't stop. he tried thinking of anything else. "Vicksan's a great leader..."

-- You could be better --

Mekaiel got up and tried leaving. He figured if the voice wouldn't leave, he'd leave. At least, he hoped that would work. He held the sword close in hand, in case something attacked him.
"I'll find shelter... A cave, maybe. Anything is better than this."
Suddenly, a Hollowed walked out in front of him.
"Gol ed ilon." The hollow whispered.
Mekaiel lifted his sword. The creature walked towards him, and the closer it got, the less life Mekaiel seemed to have. He got weaker and felt colder. The sound of wind got louder, and from within the wind, he still heard the voice...

-- You were unchosen --
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 4:01:28 PM
Last Episode: The Tall Tower. ==> http://www.debate.org...

Next Episode: The Forest of Beasts // Part I. ==> http://www.debate.org...

----
For the Audience:
----

1 - Knowing only one Guide Bot may exist in the game, what do you think of Maragon?

2 - What do you think Sasima is thinking in this chapter?

What would you like to see in the next 5 chapters?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:00:54 PM
At 1/6/2015 4:00:54 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Are these short intros about Vicksan's dad or something?
The forest was dark" And cold. It felt so real, and hurt and walk through. Mekaiel sat against a tree and rested. He could see the lights in the sky, but ignored them. He held himself and tried to stay warm while the sound of creatures and spawns wandered around him. Their shadows evaded him, and their eyes watched over his cold body.
Mekaiel kept his sword out, ready to stop any creature that tried to attack him, but they didn't seem to want to harm him. The cold was unbearable, and he tried thinking of something to distraction him.

LOL WOODEN SWORD NOOB >:D
"Mikal. Follow." The words were cracked and rustic. Mekaiel just stared into the dark, and decided not to follow. The man could show himself if he wanted to talk. Mekaiel began to leave.
Suddenly, a group of spawns crept out from behind the trees. They stood tall, and looked like men, but they had no eyes or mouth. Simply a white face that seemed to stare in all directions.

O_O
"Sov oediv cis." The creature, a Hollow, whispered.

Dafuq?
"Mae teunimmoc te, aut unam ed eius amina." Another spoke silently.

This sounds like Latin.
Mekaiel lifted his sword, but he knew he couldn't fight Hollows. He thought of a way out, but before he could, the Hollows moved forward.
Mekaiel waited for one to get near, and when it did, he swung down. However, instead of a Hollow, his bladed slid down a wall of letters.

YOU HACKER
"Mikal." The voice could be heard again.
The wall was of green coding, much like what Mekaiel saw when the system first rebooted. "Mikal." The coding decayed in front of him, and before him was a person standing where the Hollowed was. He had grey skin. The skin of a character who had died. But it was not a character" In front of Mekaiel was a guide bot.
"Who" Who are you..?" Mekaiel asked.

He's RM the hacker.
"I am"" The bot seemed to glitch, "... I am." The bot didn't seem to know what his name was. At the top of his character, the name Maragon could be read.
"... Maragon?" Mekaiel was both scared and curious. "Why are you here?"

He's going to give you OP hax items.
"I am your guide bot." Maragon seemed serious. But Mekaiel wouldn't have a guide bot.
"Are you kidding me? Only a host has a guide bot""
"The host or first member online will have a guide bot. You were the first to reload when the system reset." The bot seemed sickly, and his left eye looked as though it was bleeding green from his pupils.

Eww...
"So" I have a bot"" Mekaiel was more curious than scared now, although still very scared.
"Yes." The bot replied. He snapped his fingers, and Mekaiel"s sword dissolved. In it"s place was a charred Hollow sword. It was long, and made of multiple blades smelted together. Mekaiel lifted it up and stared at it. The blade was level 299. Mekaiel, at only level 4, shouldn't have been able to hold it. A player can hold a sword fifty levels above him, but no more. Bots had a lot of power, but they couldn't break the game like that. Mekaiel looked up, but Maragon was gone. Where he stood, there was only decaying plants and rotting textures.

BRUH

YOU HACKER

D:<
Mekaiel stepped back. The forest was empty now, and he was safe. He wasn't sure what had happened, but he knew he was cold and alone. He thought about the bot, hoping it'd distract him from the cold. He rubbed his shoulder. He could feel dried blood. His hands shook as it got colder. "I"ll head home tomorrow"" He thought, but he was lost, and he knew it.
"I'll return tomorrow, and Vicksan will have built a warm home for me... Than we'll try to log out."

Emphasis on try.

Wat.

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Shouldn't have eaten those forest mushrooms like Yama.

O.o
Mekaiel tried to ignore the voice. The voice was unsettling and it scared him. He thought about everything else instead, but the voice kept speaking. He couldn't stop hearing it. He even tried thinking about the cold; for once, the cold was his distraction.

THE COLD NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
-- You weren't chosen --

Vicksan is Harry Potter now?
----
CLIFF
----

"Hm." Vicksan thought. "Mekaiel"s missing." Vicksan couldn't stop thinking about the bot, only breaking the thought to think of Mekaiel in the forest.

NO, Vicksan. Mekaiel is NOT missing.

*headdesk*
The Silent Flare broke through the sky, and yet the forest was still dark. It got that way at night.

I don't know, he's missing you dumb bish.
"I don"t know." Vicksan looked back at her. She seemed worried, but tried hiding it. "Why do you play?" Vicksan asked her.
"Everyone has a reason for playing. Usually, they play because it"s fun. But I"m curious why you play." Vicksan wanted to distract her from Mekaiel.
"No" No reason or sad story. I just like playing." She replied. Vicksan couldn't tell if she was lying or not. "Do you know who Mekaiel is?" Emberly asked him.

A crack addict.
Emberly thought about it. "You said we need to stay alive, so I guess finding stuff to make hearts?"

Hearts? What?
'It's not a bad idea." Vicksan wanted everyone's opinion, but it wouldn't change his decision. If Mekaiel didn't show up before then, they'd be out looking. Nothing else was more important. "Go stay warm." Vicksan told her. Emberly gave a worried smile, and left for the fire.

Vicksan stared into the forest some more. Emberly's question was stuck in his head. To her, it was just a curiosity, but the words meant more to him. Who is everyone? Kids? Mothers? Husbands? Everyone was someone, and he couldn't live with the idea of someone dying. Mekaiel was lost in the forest, and might be dying, or dead.

What if Paramix was a five year old kid? O.o
"You going to go look for him?" Paramix was behind him. Vicksan was so trapped in thought that he hadn't noticed that the spelled had stopped.
"Yes. I know you'll try to stop me, but I'm going none-the-less." Vicksan answered him.
"I'm not stopping you. I'm joining you." Paramix handed him a iron long sword, "You seem more like the magic type, but at your level, magic won't do much."

I guess with level 230, he has a right to be condescending.
"... Thanks." Vicksan smiled. He began for the forest to find Mekaiel, Paramix just behind him.

Emberly looked back from the fire, and saw they were gone. She stared for a moment, then looked back at the fire with a worried look. No one else seemed to notice Mekaiel was gone. No one except Sasima, who seemed to look around the group more than Emberly did...

KILL DAT BISH
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:02:58 PM
Mekaiel couldn't feel his hands or feet. It didn't stop him though. He sat there, intent on getting through the night. It was simply impossible to make it through the forest at night at his level.

HA NOOB
-- It wasn't fair --

Bruh, you a rager or something?
The words ran through his mind like wind. He couldn't stop thinking about them. They were female, and rustic.

-- It should have been you -- it was always you --

The words sounded corroded.

-- You should be king --

Mekaiel couldn't stop. he tried thinking of anything else. "Vicksan's a great leader..."

Vixen? ;D
-- You could be better --

Mekaiel got up and tried leaving. He figured if the voice wouldn't leave, he'd leave. At least, he hoped that would work. He held the sword close in hand, in case something attacked him.

Oh I see, you have a hax sword. T^T
"I'll find shelter... A cave, maybe. Anything is better than this."
Suddenly, a Hollowed walked out in front of him.
"Gol ed ilon." The hollow whispered.

SPEAK ENGLISH YOU DUMB SOB
Mekaiel lifted his sword. The creature walked towards him, and the closer it got, the less life Mekaiel seemed to have. He got weaker and felt colder. The sound of wind got louder, and from within the wind, he still heard the voice...

-- You were unchosen --

YOU BE TRIPPIN ON SOME STRANGE SHT BRUH
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:08:43 PM
At 1/9/2015 6:00:54 PM, RevNge wrote:

Are these short intros about Vicksan's dad or something?

;) nope. Good guess though.

LOL WOODEN SWORD NOOB >:D

Emphasis on try.

Wat.

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Shouldn't have eaten those forest mushrooms like Yama.

O.o

THE COLD NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
-- You weren't chosen --

Vicksan is Harry Potter now?
----
CLIFF
----

NO, Vicksan. Mekaiel is NOT missing.

*headdesk*

I don't know, he's missing you dumb bish.

A crack addict.

Hearts? What?

Their respawns. You die, you lose a heart.

What if Paramix was a five year old kid? O.o

I guess with level 230, he has a right to be condescending.

KILL DAT BISH

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 3:51:21 PM
It feels weird giving comments when I'm helping you with the series via PM. So I'll just give this episode a seal of approval. Even though there's not enough Warem. :-)
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 3:54:11 PM
At 1/10/2015 3:51:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
It feels weird giving comments when I'm helping you with the series via PM. So I'll just give this episode a seal of approval. Even though there's not enough Warem. :-)

Wait for episode 5. You'll like it ;)

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 3:58:57 PM

Next one will be out in 2 days, since I switched to 3 day periods. But I might go to 4. I'm testing around the schedule.

Level V has been out for a day now :)

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 12:15:34 AM

You read Level V yet? :)

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --