donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 4:42:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Level V: The Forest of Beast // Part I.

"Losing a parent is a terrible thing. And we should pray for Jon..."

The hollow came close, and Mekaiel swung his sword down. The hollow screeched at him, and he was thrown back across the clearing. His sword flew out from his hand. Before he could get up, the hollow was standing before him. The creature picked him up from his shirt, and seemed almost to breath in his life. Mekaiel could see his life dwindling. For a moment, he almost gave up, but then the sword was in his hand again. Mekaiel gave it one last try, and jabbed the sword forward.

The sword barely cut into the hollow, but the creature seemed to scream before fading in an explosion of pixels. The pixels were grey and silver... Experience. They swarmed Mekaiel, and faded into him. He suddenly felt warm again, and his life was full. The User Interface claimed he had went up to Level 11.
He looked at the sword and knew that with it, he was stronger than Sasima or Vicksan.

"Mikal." The rustic voice came from behind him. It was Maragon. "I want..." Maragon thought a moment. "I'm going to test you." Maragon didn't seem to know how he wanted to say things.
This would be an easy fight... Guide Bots are level 5. They can level up, but this one hadn't. At level 5, Maragon stood no chance.
"Why?" Mekaiel demanded an answer.
"Because I must guide you. And to guide you, I must know you." The bot spoke with wide eyes and bluish lips.
Mekaiel lifted up his sword and spoke, "Fine. But don't play games. You might be able to break the game, but don't try it here." Guide Bots are programmed to listen.
"I can't test you if I cheat." Maragon stepped forward. Mekaiel swung his sword down and cut into Maragon's neck, but it didn't seem to hurt him. Maragon lifted his hand, and touched Mekaiel's shoulder, healing it.
Mekaiel stepped back. The bot was unaffected but the sword. "You must be cheating..." Mekaiel concluded.
"Your sword can't hurt me." The bot answered.
Mekaiel seemed annoyed, and put away his sword. He was level 11, and the bot was level 5. Melee would work too. He jumped at the bot and swung, but the bot grabbed his hand and held him there.
"What..?" Mekaiel couldn't move his hand. It was stuck in Maragon's grip.
"You're not..." Maragon thought a moment, "You aren't very good at this." He threw Mekaiel aside.
Mekaiel slammed against a tree, and got up quickly.
"There's no way you're doing this with out cheating." Mekaiel coughed the words. He tried for another hit, and threw a right hook straight across Maragon's cheek. But it didn't work.
Maragon slipped his hand up and around Mekaiel's neck, and lifted him up nearly three feet. "Mikal..." He spoke. He threw Mekaiel nearly across the entire clearing they were in, and against a rock. Maragon began walking in his direction.
"Mikal... I want to tell..." He stopped to think, "I'm going to tell you something... Great..." He continued walking. He tried smiling, but he didn't know how. "Something... Wonderful..."

----
FOREST
----

Vicksan and Paramix walked around the forest in search of Mekaiel. It was freezing, and they both used thick cloth Paramix brought to keep warm.
"Mekaiel!" Vicksan screamed!
Paramix lit the forest around them with a spell. "It's dangerous to scream out here. I know you want to find him, but you have to consider the mission first, or we never will."
"I know..." Vicksan replied sorrowfully. They had yet to even begin exploring the whole forest, and he knew the odds of finding Mekaiel was far too small.
They kept exploring. The forest was a gritty dark color, void of the greens and oranges that normally filled the trees and leafs. Vicksan thought about all the things that could happen to Mekaiel out here. He'd have to rest, and eat... He'd have to get something to drink... How could he possibly stay capable of defending himself out here if he didn't have the supplies to. He didn't even have a good sword...

-- He's not here --

The voice came from the back of Vicksan's mind. Vicksan turned around to see who it might have been, but no one was there. It was the voice of a young boy. Much younger than Vicksan.

-- Follow me --

"What?" Vicksan looked around but still couldn't see anyone. Paramix stopped to look at him.

-- I'm not here --

That's when Vicksan realized the voice was a PM. But from whom? The voice may have been a PM, but it felt a lot closer than that.
Suddenly, a loud rustling came from the bushes. Vicksan and Paramix both pulled their swords.

-- Follow me --

"I... I think we should head over there." Vicksan began walking towards the bushes. The rustling had stopped.
"Vicksan?" Paramix wasn't sure what Vicksan was doing, but he followed him anyways. If Vicksan heard a loud rustling, and decided that was the path, there must have been details Paramix didn't know. "I hope you'll explain this later."
'Who are you?' Vicksan sent a message back.

-- I'm me --

'But... That doesn't answer my question. Who are you?' Vicksan asked again.
There was a long pause.

-- I don't know --

Vicksan just kept following. He didn't understand, but he only wanted to find Mekaiel, and the boy seemed to know where he was...

----
FOREST
----

Mekaiel was laying against the ground. He had no memory of what had happened merely a few minutes ago.
He got up, struggling the whole way. His sword was the same Hollowed sword, and his shoulder was healed. He remembered meeting that bot again, but he couldn't remember how the fight went.
He looked up, hearing people move around the forest.

-- Don't find them -- You aren't ready --

The female voice called to him. Mekaiel grabbed his sword, and began for the bushes.

Vicksan and Paramix arose from the trees and stepped into the clearing, but no one was there.
"There's blood near the tree." Paramix stepped over to the tree where Mekaiel was.
"Do you think it's Mekaiel's?" Vicksan asked.
"Yes. Creature's blood decays after a while. Only a human's blood stays around." Paramix stared at it for while. "I don't know how you knew to come this way, but please keep it up. We need to find him. He's hurt." Paramix looked around, hoping to find a clue as to where Mekaiel had went.

A rustling came from the bushes to the side. Vicksan and Paramix stared over at it.
"You think that's where we should head?" Paramix asked.
"Yes." Vicksan replied. The two ran towards the bushes, and were gone.

----
CAMP
----

Emberly sat around the forest, away from the fire. She was waiting.
"Why are you waiting here? It's cold out." Someone asked. Emberly turned back to see Warem there.
"I'm just waiting for some people to return..." Emberly replied.
"Hm. I see." Warem sat down beside her, "What do you think of Vicksan as a leader?" He asked her.
"I don't know. I mean, he's risking his life to find Mekaiel. So there's that. Why do you ask?" Emberly wondered.
"I'm not sure. Something about him I'm not certain about." Warem felt like Vicksan was having too much fun for someone who 'wanted to log out.'
Emberly didn't respond.
"I'm sure they'll be okay." Warem tried to comfort her.

From behind them, Sasima sat. She watched them talk, and thought to herself. She liked it here. The forest looked... cold. She was warm, and wanted to stay.
"One kind act." Vicksan had told her. She thought about it. She wanted to stay, and if Vicksan died, she wouldn't be able to... But if she saved him and Mekaiel, she could.
She got up, and began for the edge of camp. When no one was looking, she ran into the forest, and went to find Vicksan and Mekaiel.

"Did you see that?" Emberly asked. Warem looked over, but didn't see anything. "I thought someone jumped into the forest."
"Hm. Sucks to be them." Warem replied.
"I know. It's so cold out." Emberly tried staying warm.
"Not just that." Warem kept an eye on the forest. "This part of the night is when the Hell Hounds come out..."
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 4:42:23 PM
Last Episode: The Unchosen. ==> http://www.debate.org...

Next Episode: The Forest of Beasts // Part II. ==> http://www.debate.org...

----
For the Audience:
----

1 - What do you expect from the Hell Hounds?

2 - What do you think Mekaiel will do?

What would you like to see in the next 5 chapters?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 5:59:57 AM
Aww, I was hoping you would use the two paragraphs I wrote. :P Oh well. Gripping tale as per usual. Looking forward to reading this next one >:)
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 3:57:53 PM
At 1/10/2015 5:59:57 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Aww, I was hoping you would use the two paragraphs I wrote. :P Oh well. Gripping tale as per usual. Looking forward to reading this next one >:)

I've been thinking about Rev's complaint about size. If I switched to 1-2 post long stories, I can implement that kind of action. I want to, so I probably will.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 4:28:28 PM
Posted: 9 months ago

Did I miss something here?

Btw, I like how the story is going so far :D
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 7:39:25 AM
At 3/6/2016 4:28:28 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Those are prologue-like text... They foretell the next enemy.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 1:40:37 PM
At 3/7/2016 7:39:25 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 3/6/2016 4:28:28 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Those are prologue-like text... They foretell the next enemy.

Some of the dialogue or actions sometimes feel rushed, but they're still good.
Also, Mikal and his lvl 299 sword = OP
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya