donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 6:59:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Level VI: The Forest of Beasts // Part II

"Does anyone else know what it feels like to lose someone close to you?..."

Mekaiel was nearing a cave. He'd been walking for a few minutes now, waiting for whatever the voice was telling him to do.
"What do you want!?" Mekaiel looked around and screamed. The voice was completely gone now.
Mekaiel sat down in the cave, still freezing. He looked around but couldn't see anything or anyone. He tried to hide the fear he felt. He had no memory of the past half hour. He could, however, remember everything the voice said. About how he should be king... How Vicksan was chosen when he should have been. Vicksan was incompetent. He could build a home, but a kingdom? Never.

Mekaiel could do better.

"No..." Mekaiel thought. He wasn't sure. He wanted to be King. Even that girl voted for Vicksan. But Vicksan was a good king... But why? What had Vicksan done? What makes him good? Perhaps he wasn't a good King. Mekaiel could do more. He could do so much better.
Mekaiel wasn't sure anymore...

Suddenly, he could hear movement just outside the cave. He couldn't see anything, so the movement must have been coming from the bushes. It seemed to stalk the cave, and circle around it.
Mekaiel grabbed for his sword and waited. He thought he could see eyes staring at him, but every time he noticed them, they disappeared. He wasn't sure if they were ever actually there...

----
CAMP
----

Emberly walked around the fire, worried.
"It's okay, Ember. They will be fine." Warem didn't understand this needless worrying.
"How can you know that?" Emberly stared at him.
"I don't. But does worrying myself help reassure me?" Warem sat down by the fire.
"What's eating her up?" Bookworm asked from across the fire.
'Vicksan and Paramix went looking for Mekaiel." Warem answered.
"Oh... Well that sounds bad. I'd be worried, too." Bookworm replied.
"Just... Does no one listen to me?" Warem sighed.
Bookworm laughed a little. "What did you say you're real name was, again?"
"Again? I never said my name a first time." Warem went to warm his hands.
"Well you should answer anyways." Bookworm smiled.
Warem shook his head, and sighed again.
"Why are you awake, anyways? You don't seem like the night owl type." Bookworm kicked around some sticks in the fire.
"Ember's not going to bed. I'm staying up to give her company." Warem watched the sticks being kicked about.
Bookworm's smile widened.

"Hey!" A voice called out.
Emberly and Warem, as well as Bookworm, look over. Three people came out of the forest, followed by five others.
"Oh, guests." Bookworm sat up.
Ember runs up to them and asks, "Have you seen a player named Vicksan? Oh, and one named Paramix, and another named Mekaiel?"
"Ah... Um, No... I'm sorry."The player looked at her with a little shock on his face, "We were camping together earlier when we saw the lights. We decided to follow it, since who ever made it was probably worth sticking by." The person in front of the group spoke. He seemed to be the leader.

Sokol: Knight. Level 80.
Swordfighting: Respected.

"Well ya. That, and it was pretty cool looking!" Another player, Parasyte, came in from behind him.

Parasyte: Swordsman. Level 52.
Swordfighting: Established

"Paris..." The player looked over, "Shut up." The player wasn't rude in his command, just annoyed. Parasyte, nicknamed Paris by Sokol, stuck out his tongue and walked off.
"So, Emberly, is it? Interesting name... This is your group, right? Can my men join?" Sokol returned his attention to Emberly.
"Well... I'm not in charge." Emberly was flattered, though.
"Oh? Where's your leader?" He looked offsettingly at her.
"He... Well, him and someone else, left to find someone who got lost." She answered. He made her nervous.
"Him, Paramix, and the Mekaiel guy, I assume. Terrible leadership. One guy over the whole group. He's too important to be risking his hide like that for one player who got himself lost." Sokol's look became more offsetting.
"I don't know..." Bookworm dropped in, "I think a leader would risk his life for even one person. We can defend ourselves, we have a camp. Spawns normally stay out of camps unless their small spawns, right?"
"Hm." Sokol seemed to want to drop the topic before a fight starts. "Mind us staying, then." He asks. "Until, of course, your leader returns."
"...Sure. I don't see why not..." Emberly wasn't sure, but it was dark out, so she said yes none-the-less. Warem looked oddly at her, but didn't say anything.

Warem returned to the camp fire.
"So... You think Vicksan's going to be excited?" Bookworm asked. "You know, about the new members?"
"Of course. He wants more people to join up." Warem questioned why though. If Vicksan wanted them safe, or wanted to be their leader. He wasn't sure about Vicksan's mindset.
Warem looked at the fire a little longer, then spoke. "My name." He thought a moment. Bookworm looked up at him. "I suppose you're nice enough to trust. It's Endarkened." He never stared away from the fire.
Bookworm just grinned widely in return.

----
FOREST
----

Vicksan and Paramix was wondering around the trees. The rustling had stopped, and they didn't know where to go.
'Where are you? I need you!' Vicksan messaged the boy, but there was no response.
"Vicksan." Paramix called out.
"He has to be here! Why would the signs stop?" Vicksan was cold now. The cloth helped at first, but not anymore. It was too cold out and the cloth was just as frozen as the air was not.
"Vicksan!" Paramix tried to get his attention.
"Where is he!" Vicksan screamed. He just stared around with unfocused eye, hoping to spot what he knew wasn't there. There was no sign, no path, and no Mekaiel.
Paramix put his hand on Vicksan's shoulder. "We can't find him. We need to head back. This isn't the time to be out here."
Vicksan didn't reply. He was trying so hard to focus and find faith somewhere. There had to be a clue.
"Come on Vicksan." Paramix tried again, but Vicksan snapped back.
"Go then!" He screamed. Paramix just stared, confused and uncertain of how to reply. "Go back to camp! I'm not leaving. I WILL find him. I WILL bring him home, alive." Vicksan began walking off.
...Paramix was astounded. Vicksan wasn't just looking to get points as leader. He was actually intent on finding Mekaiel.

OorrrorrRRROOAAAAHRRrr!

The sound came out from across the forest. Vicksan and Paramix both stood back and grabbed for their sword and staff.
'No...' Paramix thought.
"Whatever that was, it found someone!" Vicksan ran towards it.
"Wait!" Paramix begin after him, but he was gone.

----
FOREST
----

Vicksan neared the cave and looked around. He could see nothing. He looked back, and then at the cave. "Hmm..." Vicksan wondered.
He entered the cave to check. Inside, he saw Mekaiel stand up and grab his sword.

"Mekaiel!" Vicksan grinned as wide the game allowed. He was just about to notice the sword, but Mekaiel interrupted his focus.
"Why?!" Mekaiel asked. "Why are you here? Didn't you hear the Hell Hound?"
Vicksan's hair stood straight. He knew what the noise was, but only now did he realize the situation...
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 7:03:02 PM
Level VI // Part II

Vicksan knew it was behind him...

The foul growling of a sickly creature roared from the cave entrance. Vicksan looked back at the monster. It had raven black hair, wet and maimed. The creature was thin and looked diseased. Its long back legs seemed ready to pounce, and its jaw hung low, ready to snap at anything.
It seemed to growl with every breath. More of them begin to appear.
Vicksan stepped back slowly and got his sword ready. "Stay behind me." He said.
"You can't kill them." Mekaiel rejected his orders, and stood up.
"You got a better idea?" Vicksan replied. "I don't care what I can't do, stay behind me and maybe they won't see you."
Mekaiel didn't care. He got ready to fight. He knew he couldn't though. Even with his sword, he was too cold and weak to do anything.

The Hell Hound breathed in the frost and air around it, and let out a growl that deafened the boys. The growl was rotten, and smelled of decay. The beast jumped at Vicksan, who swung back at it. The sword slid through the beast jaw, but it only shook it off. The beast shook his head, and ran forward, jamming its jaw around Vicksan's hand.
"Ahahhh!" Vicksan screamed in agony, dropping to the floor. He tried to pull away his hand.

-- Let him die --

Mekaiel heard the woman say.

-- He can never take your throne --

Mekaiel just stared... He watched, and thought about it. But he wouldn't let it happen. He swung his sword around, and built momentum. He swung it over his shoulder, brought it around, up, and down onto the creatures neck.

The Hell Hound screamed out a painful howl, and retreated back a ways. It looked at him, and bled a great deal over the grass and stone. The other Hell Hound beside it leaped at Mekaiel. He swung back and cut into the beast's cheek, but its claws had cut him straight across his chest. He fell back and landed against a rock.
"Mekaiel!" Vicksan paid no attention to his hand. He reached for a health potion and threw it at Mekaiel.
"Vicksan, no!" Mekaiel was in a far better position than Vicksan. Vicksan should have used the potion on himself. The creature growled at Mekaiel.
Vicksan looked at the hound, and knew he had to distract it until Paramix arrived. He hesitated, and stared... His eyes gave off the regret he held as he made up his mind, and he threw a rock at the Hell Hounds eye...
The beast twitched its head, and looked at Vicksan. It snapped its jaws deep into Vicksan's shoulder and chest. It pulled him onto the ground. It was about to bite at his neck. But suddenly, a light flashed into the cave. The Hell Hound looked back at the entrance, and saw the other Hell Hound snap at Paramix.
"Fools..." Paramix looked at Vicksan laying on the ground. He was worried.
The Hell Hound that attacked Paramix found itself grabbed by the jaw. Paramix lifted him up, angry and furiously.

"Cosmic Fire!" Paramix yelled. A bright flame broke out from his palm, ripping the beast to shreds before stretching out across the roof of the cavern. The fire engulfed all of the Hell Hounds inside the cave, and burnt them away. The fire burnt where their bodies where, while the rest of the fire turned to smoke.
"Par... Paramix." Mekaiel was near crying.
The Hell Hounds behind Paramix jumped at him. He grabbed one of them by the throat and crushed it's windpipe before swinging the massive creature into the side of another one. He docked and spun underneath the last one, swinging his staff around and bringing it done onto the creature, crushing it against the ground.

The Hell Hounds sat motionless in the dirt. Slowly, they each grew grey, and burst into silver and gold experience.
Paramix ran up to Vicksan. He was in time to see Vicksan distract the beast at the cost of possibly dying. Paramix looked at his wounds. Vicksan was nearing Stage 1 death... The stage at which his character is deemed dead by the game.
"I can't stop death. We need to get him home quick." Paramix was worried.
"But... Can't you heal him?" Mekaiel asked.
"No. His wounds are infected. Hell Hounds poison everything with Rotting Decay." Rotting Decay was an ailment that could only be healed through Black Tulip ash. "The plant we need can only grow in the day, so we need to lay him by a fire and watch him. That'll slow his infection""
"... I..." Mekaiel stared. "I'm sorry..." He knew it was his fault.

In the distance, Sasima watched. She observed the battle, and looked at the body of Vicksan laying on the ground.
She knew she was too late to save anyone and earn Vicksan's permission to stay.
"Sasima." Paramix called out to her.
Sasima stood up straight. He knew she was there, so she moved forward and joined the group. "Mekaiel. So quickly beat." She smirked.
Paramix glared at her, unamused. She looked down and retracted her smile. He picked Vicksan up, and begin for the way home. "Come. We need to hurry."
Mekaiel stood up and followed. Sasima stared a moment, and begin to follow as well.

----
CAMP
----

Emberly got up. She heard motion coming from the forest. "Vicksan?" She yelled out.
Paramix came out of the forest with Vicksan on his shoulder. He ran for the fire, and laid Vicksan down beside it. "Get me a blanket!" He yelled out. Everyone got up, and Warem ran up with a thick cloth.
"Here." Warem gave him the blanket. Paramix wrapped it around Vicksan. Everyone could see the deep gashes in his shoulder and chest, and the blood frozen to his hand and body. "What happened?" Warem asked.
"A Hell Hound. He got attacked distracting it." Paramix looked around. He hoped to spot something he could use, but there was nothing to do but wait. Vicksan was in a deep sleep, breathing slowly.
Vicksan gave a deep breath. It was a raspy, harsh breath, and Paramix could hear blood interrupt the air in his throat. It sounded like gravel.

"Who is that?" Sokol asked Emberly.
"That's Vicksan"" She answered. She was scared, and didn't know what to do or say.
"I see." Sokol replied, and walked away...

"Don't worry, Vicksan." Paramix refused to leave his side. "You won't die... Not right now..."
Everyone begin heading away, unsure of what to do. Warem, Emberly, and Mekaiel stayed. Mekaiel looked at everyone. He knew they would blame him. It was his fault. Vicksan wouldn't have been hurt if Mekaiel would have just came home. He looked away, and walked to the cliff edge, where he sat down. He wanted to be away from the others.

Sasima stared at him, and grinned at his distress, then left for bed.

Mekaiel stared out at the forest beneath the cliff. He thought for a long while... 'Vicksan's dying...' He thought.
He shook his head, 'No... Just sick. Paramix will heal him.' He thought about the new members he saw. 'Vicksan will be glad to see new members here... Although, he made a poor first impression...' He considered for a moment the circumstances...
'Some of the people doubt Vicksan... Especially the new members.' He considered Sokol's reaction to Vicksan's condition. 'Hmm... I can see it... They don't trust him...'

-- You should have been king --

The voice told him. Mekaiel thought a moment longer...

-- You can be king --

Mekaiel looked out at the forest, leaned forward, and grinned.
'yes...' He thought... 'I won't hurt Vicksan... But by god... I will be king.'

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 7:03:29 PM
Last Episode: The Forest of Beasts // Part I . ==> http://www.debate.org...

Next Episode: The Dawn of Midnight // Part I. ==> http://www.debate.org...

----
For the Audience:
----

1 - What do you think of Paramix so far?

2 - What is your thoughts on the new guests?

3 - How do you feel about what went down in the forest over the last three episodes?

What would you like to see in the next 5 chapters?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 5:19:14 PM
At 1/15/2015 4:03:58 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Actually, I just realized Sokol is a higher level than me, and I'm not sure if I'm okay with that.

Levels are meaningless. Warem is a lower level, but he's a Grand Master fighter.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:14:01 PM
<_< nac

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:35:46 PM
At 1/15/2015 5:19:14 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Actually, I just realized Sokol is a higher level than me, and I'm not sure if I'm okay with that.

Levels are meaningless. Warem is a lower level, but he's a Grand Master fighter.

Strange tier system you have there.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:39:42 PM
At 1/16/2015 10:35:46 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/15/2015 5:19:14 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Strange tier system you have there.

Think like this... Levels = experience. Skill = Skill.

A level 500 able can do 1,000,000,000,000+ damage on a level 1 Ultimate... IF he can even hit him. The Ultimate would lose this fight because he can't possibly do enough damage before finally getting hit, but that's not the point lol

It's based on Puzzle Pirates.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:40:05 PM
At 1/16/2015 10:36:29 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
*Claps*

How was the two part story?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:41:41 PM
At 1/16/2015 10:40:05 PM, donald.keller wrote:
*Claps*

I'm lovin' it. I could never write a two part story... I tire myself out after writing one part lol
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:44:08 PM
At 1/16/2015 10:41:41 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
*Claps*

I'm lovin' it. I could never write a two part story... I tire myself out after writing one part lol

Lol wait until Dawn of Midnight. It's 3 parts long.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:48:02 PM
At 1/16/2015 10:41:41 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
*Claps*

Don't forget to reply to Post 3. It's the audience questions :)

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 6:51:39 AM
At 1/14/2015 7:03:29 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Last Episode: The Forest of Beasts // Part I . ==> http://www.debate.org...

Next Episode: The Dawn of Midnight // Part I. ==> TBA

----
For the Audience:
----

I honestly think he might be a divorced step father out of the game (because of his temper and how quick he was to smack Mikal). But seriously, he is an excellent character who contrasts the personality of Vicksan. It's a good balance. Also he can be seen as the true leader of the group. He also was not willing to be leader in the first place, just like Vicksan. I feel he is a reliable person when sht hits the fan or if Sokol's hormones get out of hand. In other words, he's a silent guardian. A watchful protector.

Sokol seems to be infatuated with Emberly. The other guys haven't talked enough for me to make an impression. Sokol seems dangerous. The backstabbing kind of dangerous.
3 - How do you feel about what went down in the forest over the last three episodes?

Absolutely thrilled. Loved the tension and atmosphere. Best parts? Mikal's hallucinations. That's some Macbeth stuff there. I also like the world building. The world seems like a better more sophisticated version of minecraft. It seems fun to live in.
I wonder if you can add me in on this series. I would be the most quitest person though. I would have exactly one person that he would talk to and almost no one else. And I also get anxious easily. It's fine if I'm not in it though, I will still like the story.

I'm excited to see more Bookworm. She's the most suspicious character alongside Emberly. I think she has deeper motives. Warem is like the opposite of Rev's Warped version of Endarkened. He is more relaxed and at ease. I like that about him so he is my favourite character. I'm also excited to see Paramix take new directions as a character. He seems layered and complex. I wonder if he will stay as a good guy forever.

So far love the story. The writing is exciting, which is a gift you have. I was never bored throughout the chapters. Looking damn forward to the next chapter, keep it up man!
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 12:42:40 PM

I honestly think he might be a divorced step father out of the game (because of his temper and how quick he was to smack Mikal). But seriously, he is an excellent character who contrasts the personality of Vicksan. It's a good balance. Also he can be seen as the true leader of the group. He also was not willing to be leader in the first place, just like Vicksan. I feel he is a reliable person when sht hits the fan or if Sokol's hormones get out of hand. In other words, he's a silent guardian. A watchful protector.

Lol Paramix is a lot of things. Some implied, some not. Someone actually guessed what he was in a PM and got it right. He definitely cares because of some deeper impact to his life via real life AND via the game. You guys haven't seen the scale of which this series goes. Think Supernatual level complicated.

Sokol seems to be infatuated with Emberly. The other guys haven't talked enough for me to make an impression. Sokol seems dangerous. The backstabbing kind of dangerous.

Hehe.

Absolutely thrilled. Loved the tension and atmosphere. Best parts? Mikal's hallucinations. That's some Macbeth stuff there. I also like the world building. The world seems like a better more sophisticated version of minecraft. It seems fun to live in.

I actually want to be a game designer.
Mikal's going to the get more interesting. He isn't a Season 1 antagonist.. He's one of the Big Three characters who'll be important indefinitely.

I wonder if you can add me in on this series. I would be the most quitest person though. I would have exactly one person that he would talk to and almost no one else. And I also get anxious easily. It's fine if I'm not in it though, I will still like the story.

I will

I'm excited to see more Bookworm. She's the most suspicious character alongside Emberly. I think she has deeper motives. Warem is like the opposite of Rev's Warped version of Endarkened. He is more relaxed and at ease. I like that about him so he is my favourite character. I'm also excited to see Paramix take new directions as a character. He seems layered and complex. I wonder if he will stay as a good guy forever.

You're suspicious of Emberly?
Bookworm's story is also going to be interesting later on. And Enbarkened is meant to be the facing-reality kind of character who has no problem getting the sword out.

So far love the story. The writing is exciting, which is a gift you have. I was never bored throughout the chapters. Looking damn forward to the next chapter, keep it up man!

Good because here it is: http://www.debate.org...

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 5:44:22 PM
At 1/18/2015 12:42:40 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Lol Paramix is a lot of things. Some implied, some not. Someone actually guessed what he was in a PM and got it right. He definitely cares because of some deeper impact to his life via real life AND via the game. You guys haven't seen the scale of which this series goes. Think Supernatual level complicated.

O.O Now we're talking :D

Hehe.

That's awesome. It would be interesting if in the future my kid starts playing a game made by you.
Mikal's going to the get more interesting. He isn't a Season 1 antagonist.. He's one of the Big Three characters who'll be important indefinitely.
O.o

I will
Awesome!

At first but after chapter 7, not so much. Bookworm though is still suspicious.
Bookworm's story is also going to be interesting later on. And Enbarkened is meant to be the facing-reality kind of character who has no problem getting the sword out.
Yup, I can see that. Hope we get to know more about his backstory.

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 6:30:43 PM
At 1/18/2015 5:44:22 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

A little bit gets revealed in Episode 8.

Hehe.

That's awesome. It would be interesting if in the future my kid starts playing a game made by you.

)
I actually have the whole design of terra.net down.
O.o

Hm?

I will
Awesome!

Hm. Interesting lol.

You will. Who do he think he's closest to right now? And what do you think is going to happen him?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 2:52:52 AM
At 1/18/2015 6:30:43 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 1/18/2015 5:44:22 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

A little bit gets revealed in Episode 8.

Hehe.

)
I actually have the whole design of terra.net down.
Woah. That is pretty cool. Show us some time!
O.o

Hm?

I will
Awesome!

Hm. Interesting lol.

You will. Who do he think he's closest to right now? And what do you think is going to happen him?
Definitely Emberly. I don't think this whole Warem and Bookworm thing will work out. They are just too different. Emberly and Warem though, now we're talking. I think he's likely going to be in a love triangle between Emberly and Warem. Either that, or something terrible happens to him. I think he will be badly injured in some way somehow.

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 8:23:00 PM
I haven't started this one yet, but based on the number of comments something goes down
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...