Jump to topic:

DDO The Walking Dead: Uprising, Ep 2

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 1:25:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mikal arrived home at around 2am, his mind going a mile a minute over everything he saw on the plane that night. The dead bodies that were meant to go to Chicago were resealed and shipped out as quickly as possible, while the people flying the airplane that died were sent to the city morgue in New York City. The few times he turned on the TV to see what else was going on, news stations still blanketed coverage of the plane crash, which was still being quarantined by the CDC due to the nature of the bodies found on the plane.

It wasn't until about 4 that Mikal finally dozed off, and he slept until his alarm went off at 7. As the first person who went onto the plane, and with Endarkened still physically ill from what he saw, Mikal was chosen to answer questions in what would likely be the first of many, many different press conferences regarding what he had seen on the plane, and he wasn't sure if he was even prepared to answer questions since he himself still couldn't believe what he had seen.

As rough as his day was going to be, it wouldn't be half as bad as what a few other people would have to deal with......

======================================================================

Geografia had the crew member and co-pilot of the airplane placed on one side of the room up and ordered the pilot to be wheeled into the center of the morgue for him to examine. As coroner, Geo's workload regularly included interesting bodies, most of them were murder victims, people who died in car accidents, or drug overdoses, but even he was intrigued at examining the bodies of people who died in a plane crash under mysterious circumstances, and he got right to work.

He put on his gloves, put on his scrubs, put on casual rock at a soft volume, and set the recorder next to the examination table to take notes, as he always did before starting a night's work.

"Okay the time is 9am, our subject is John Doe, the pilot of UPS flight 2048 that crash landed in JFK yesterday night....." He started, making casual observations of the body. "Severe damage to the face suffered from what looks like the impact of the plane hitting the ground, though very painful this would not have been a fatal injury."

Geografia quickly glanced at the notes that came with the body. While first responders claimed that the pilot was alive when he was found, he died en route to the hospital, being pronounced dead upon arrival. He looked back at the body, and examined the large wound between the neck and shoulder of the pilot.

"A large wound on the back right shoulder of the pilot indicates substantial blood-loss as several veins were punctured, preliminary x-rays showed no signs of other significant injuries on the body which suggests that the victim died from blood-loss as a result of the plane crash." He said into the recorder.

He examined the wound under microscope further to see what might have caused such a large wound over a large area, when he noticed the ridges of the wound's outline. Rather than be somewhat clean-cut that one would find if the wound was caused by a pipe or a smooth object, the outline of the room was very jagged.

"The wound almost looks like the pilot suffered from severe bite marks since the outline of the wound matches the pattern of a mouth clamping down on the area, which accounts for why the wound is spread out over such a wide area." Geo added, befuddled at why a pilot in a plane crash would have had a large bite mark that led to significant blood loss.

Geografia was interrupted by a knock on the door, which was weird since anybody who needed to talk to them usually strode right in. Geo stood still, wondering if he imagined the whole thing, when the knocking started again. Geo paused his recorder and strode over towards the door past the storage units of other bodies that had been sent to him before.

He opened the door and promptly stared as a microphone was shoved almost right into his mouth.

"CAN YOU TELL US ANYTHING ABOUT THE DEATHS OF THE CREW MEMBERS OF UPS FLIGHT 2048?"

It was a reporter. He was obscenely loud and was clamoring for answers as if he was jockeying with 100 other reporters to have their questions heard and answered, but he was the only one there. He didn't even have an accompanying cameraman behind him, it was just him with a microphone connected to a recording device.

"What? What are, no, get-get out of here, I'm not answering any questions!" - Geografia said after regaining his composure. He slammed the door shut angrily at having his work interrupted, and locked the door with his keys. He strode back up the hallway towards his workplace to continue where he left off, cursing lightly under his breath.

He tossed the keys onto the counter in one side of the room, picked up his recorder, and played back his last recording to see where he had left off. As he listened though, his eye wandered to the corpse of the co-pilot, where he noticed something odd....

..... Its head was now lying slightly but noticeably more on its side which was odd because all heads of corpses in the morgue faced straight up since thats how geography preferred them to be.

He paused the recorder and set it down to go examine the co-pilot, when he noticed something else amiss as well.

The forehead of the co-pilot had a linear imprint across his forehead that could only be seen once his hair was brushed out of the way. The imprint was faded, but it still could be seen with the naked eye, enough to see that this man had worn a hat recently.

Those imbeciles.... Geografia thought to himself, wondering if the first responders could have really been so stupid....... He checked the corpse of the pilot just to be sure, and sure enough, the pilot, whose face had been bashed in from the impact of his head hitting the dashboard on the plane, did not have an imprint on his forehead in the same place the co-pilot did.

Those retards mistook the bodies.

Geo knew that cargo plane pilots were required to wear their uniform caps on airplanes, but the co-pilots did not..... Since the co-pilot had a mark on his forehead that looked like he was wearing a cap of on his head when the plane crashed, it indicated that HE was actually the pilot, and the man thought to have been the pilot was really the co-pilot.

Geo cursed to himself again as he wheeled the cart towards the wall and then moved the cart holding the actual pilot into the middle of the room for examination. He reached down for his recorder to start over, but it was missing.

Looking around, he found that he had left it on the cart of the body originally thought to have been the pilot. He grabbed it, erased what he had recorded before, and turned back towards the body of the actual pilot..... Not noticing that the co-pilots head was now turned onto its side behind him......

================================================================

"Why cant you answer their questions?" - Mikal asked after Dalt prepped him on which questions he will likely be asked and how to answer them.
"Because I wasn't the one who went on the plane." - Dalt replied
"So what? You're more than capable of answering these people" - Mikal
"They don't want to hear what I have to say, they want to hear what YOU have to say" - Dalt said, patting him on the back and nudging him towards the press box.

Cameras immediately started flashing and clicking as Mikal approached a podium with a microphone on it. There were 50 or so reporters were all seated in folding chairs that were set in an empty hanger, facing the podium, with 50 more standing around nearby.

Mikal walked up to the podium, introduced himself, and gave his account of what he had witnessed on the plane the night before.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 1:25:34 PM
"After discovering that authorities had mistaken the identities of the pilot and the co-pilot..." Geo spoke into his recorder "...I erased all prior recordings in light of the fact that they were no longer accurate, and will start over now that I am certain of who are the pilot and co-pilot."

Geo began making observations into his recorder, not noticing that behind him, the head of the co-pilot now faced the complete opposite direction it was lying on from before.

"Pilot John Doe, who was found in the cargo bay of the plane, was found dead on discovery with a substantial amount of blood-loss due to various wounds and gashes on his arms and legs." Geo said, observing the wounds scattered around the body of the pilot. "Signs of a struggle are apparent due to miscellaneous scrapes on the leg and arm, the head suffering no injuries whatsoever."

Geo then opened up one of the eyes of the pilot, and gasped at what he saw". The pilot"s eyes were not cold, grey, and empty like so many dead bodies before him had been". Instead, they were very clouded and horrifically bloodshot.

"Th-the pilot's eyes appear to be very bloodshot and clouded, he possibly may have been suffering from a severe bacterial infection at the time of the flight, which may explain why he was not in his seat when the plane crash-landed."

He then opened up the mouth of the pilot to see if he found anything else out of place.

"Pilot is showing unusual amounts of decay as the gums of the mouth have deteriorated rather extremely. The roots of several teeth are showing, and there appears to even be trace amounts of saliva still in the pilot"s mouth." Geo said, wondering why he was observing such a number of anomalies in this body as he continued to record everything he observed.

He didn't notice the body of the co-pilot lying on the cart behind him quietly sit upright, before turning its head towards his him......

=======================================================

Mikal finished giving his account of what he had found on the plane, and quickly pointed towards one of the reporters as Dalt had instructed him to so as to not be bombarded with a tsunami of questions after he gave his account.

The reporter he pointed to stood up and asked her question.

"You said there were signs of a struggle on the plane, how sure are you that this was the case?" She asked

Mikal glanced down at the stand that only held the microphone and then looked back up. "Um, the sheer amount of blood found on the plane and on all the bodies indicates that there was some sort of struggle.... But I don't have the faintest idea of how it was started or why."

A reporter raised his hand, and Mikal pointed at him.

"Do you have any idea of why all 6 dead bodies being transported were all found outside of the containers they were being transported in?"

Mikal shook his head. "I can't say what caused the events on the plane to happen, and to give any idea of what may have happened is simply speculation. I can only tell you what I saw on the plane"

Another reporter stood up and started speaking before Mikal could point to her.

"Is the reason the plane is continuing to be quarantined somehow tied to the unusual state of the bodies found on the plane?" - She asked

Mikal chose his words carefully.

"I don't know why the plane is continuing to be quarantined, but since all four canisters of the hazardous chemicals on the plane were found to be sealed indicates that it IS the unusual nature of the corpses found on the plane that ate the reason why the plane is continuing to be quarantined."

Another man stood up and asked a question before Mikal could even acknowledge his presence.

"Is it at all possible that the corpses on the plane may have been involved in the struggle that took place on the plane?" - he asked.

Mikal snickered and shook his head.

"I can assure you sir, the dead bodies did not come back to life and start fighting with the crew of the airplane"

======================================================

The co-pilot casually moved his legs off over the side of the kart as he kept his gaze fixed on Geografia, who did not hear the movement due to him speaking outlaid while examining the body of the pilot, plus the smooth jazz still playing softly but more noticeably in the background.

"The pilot's skin appears to be peeling, which is very uncommon for the deceased, but early analysis by the CDC indicates that the body is NOT suffering from any sort of skin ailment that is associated with post-mortem peeling..." Geografia said, as the co-pilot got onto its feet and tried to maintain its balance. He picked up one of the hands of the pilot to examine the fingernails, which had yellowed considerably since the body first arrived.

"Fingernails have yellowed considerably since arrival, further indicating that the body continues to undertake substantial cellular processes despite being deceased, currently considering transferring the body to the CDC for more intense examination." Geo continued, as the co-pilot took its first shuffled step towards him, outstretching both arms as it did so.

=============================================================

"Well that could have gone better" - Mikal muttered to Dalt as he wiped sweat off of his brow
"You did good for your first press conference, and im sure the second one will go much better" - Dalt replied, trying to pick up Mikal"s spirits.
"When will that be?" - Mikal
"Sometime around noon, and that one will be televised." - Dalt

===============================================================

Geo heard what sounded like a footstep directly behind him, but it was far too late.

The zombie co-pilot wrapped its arm around Geo and bit hard into his shoulder, causing Geo to scream in pain and shock as he scrambled towards the other side of the examination room, knocking over several tools in the process.

He quickly checked his shoulder. His shirt was torn from the bite marks and he was bleeding quite a bit. The co-pilot trudged around the kart carrying the corpse of the pilot for a second bite of Geografia, and he scrambled across the floor to the corner of the room to keep his distance, clenched in fear. He had only just gotten back onto his feet when the zombie co-pilot was upon him again.

He raised his arm up in self defense and looked behind him for something to defend himself with. All he saw was a bar of soap near the small sink in the room, and a couple pencils and pens he kept nearby.

The co-pilot bit into Geografia"s arm that was raised up to protect his head, causing him to cry out in pain once again. He kneed the the zombie in the gut and then shoved him backwards as hard as he could, causing the zombie to crash into the kart holding the corpse of the pilot, knocking it onto the floor.

Geografia, horrified, then witnessed the body of the handy man sit upright on the kart holding it up, which was when Geografia really started to freak out, because the handyman was in the worst shape of all the corpses in the room, yet suddenly it was now up and moving.

The co-pilot struggled to stand back up while the 3rd body got onto its feet. Geografia decided to make a break for it. He juked the outstretched arm of the co-pilot and skirted by the handyman and made a break for the door, but tripped when the pilot reanimated and managed to take a swipe at his ankle, hitting it and bringing him to the floor.

Geografia scrambled back to his feet and made a mad dash for the door. He just about ran right into the door trying to make his way out, but then made a terrible discovery.....

......He had left his keys back in the examination room.

He turned around to see the co-pilot, the handyman, and the pilot, making their way down the hallway towards Geografia.....

He was trapped.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:27:50 PM
Awesome, ima! Poor Geo...
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:46:26 PM
At 1/15/2015 1:49:05 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
So, like, is this about zombies?

Nope. Shmombies. Entirely different from zombies. It's almost staggeringly stupid that you make that mistake. How dare you.

imabench and I demand an apology right now.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:46:39 PM

Jk, it's totes zombies.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:48:11 PM
At 1/15/2015 3:46:26 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Nope. Shmombies. Entirely different from zombies. It's almost staggeringly stupid that you make that mistake. How dare you.

imabench and I demand an apology right now.

I'm sowwy :(
I should have known better.
(punches myself) IDIOT!!!
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:35:42 PM
Did you choose the number 2048 because this is the 2048's thread in the Entertainment forums?

Also dissecting the frog here, but is the pilot's name actually John Doe? Why would a company not keep track of their pilots and flights?
0x5f3759df
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:55:23 PM
At 1/15/2015 4:35:42 PM, Bullish wrote:
Did you choose the number 2048 because this is the 2048's thread in the Entertainment forums?

It was actually because I was playing the game '2048' while I was writing the pilot episode, and so I just went with that.

Also dissecting the frog here, but is the pilot's name actually John Doe? Why would a company not keep track of their pilots and flights?

No his name actually is John Doe, that was a gag on my part ;D

SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 3:31:23 PM
At 1/15/2015 4:55:23 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/15/2015 4:35:42 PM, Bullish wrote:

It was actually because I was playing the game '2048' while I was writing the pilot episode, and so I just went with that.

No his name actually is John Doe, that was a gag on my part ;D

This is actually quite weird , I used to play a browser game in which there was a myth of the "first user" his name was John Doe and he had another account in the myth and when he left the game he logged out at exactly the same time on both accounts. That's all I can remember but I think there was something more in the myth O_O
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:39:03 PM
At 1/15/2015 4:07:12 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Is it sad that the moment I saw Geo, I knew he would die for his comments on Frozen?

xDD
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite