Jump to topic:

Soooo.... funny story.....

AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:13:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Actually, not so funny for me, but some of you may find it funny....

So the other day, i was just minding my own business and you know, listening to music on my phone and stuff like a normal basic btch, and so then my headphones get caught and they pull my phone straight out of my pocket, and as it's falling, i try to save it. Obvi, i dont catch it, and it falls, and gets wet. So then when i got home, i tried blow-drying it (i know, pretty pathetic) but that kinda doesnt work. So now i can't turn the screen on, though it does flash sometimes, and i feel it vibrate. I can still make calls by holding down the home button and using "voice command"--no, i dont have siri, because i still have my shitty little iphone4. So i stuck it in rice last night, which supposedly helps absorb the water out...or if youre one of "those", it "attracts the asians to your house at night and they eat the rice then fix your phone for you" but basically, it's supposed to fix your phone after you get it wet. Well.... i'm probably gonna wait for a while before checking on it again, adn hoping that it works. if it doesnt, i probably have to go get it fixed professionally.

Anyone else have any stories/advice on when they somehow or other damaged their phones or got it fixed?
I may or may not be a cat
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:26:34 AM
At 1/17/2015 11:13:46 AM, AngelofDeath wrote:

So the other day, i was just minding my own business and you know, listening to music on my phone and stuff like a normal basic btch, and so then my headphones get caught and they pull my phone straight out of my pocket, and as it's falling, i try to save it. Obvi, i dont catch it, and it falls, and gets wet. So then when i got home, i tried blow-drying it (i know, pretty pathetic) but that kinda doesnt work. So now i can't turn the screen on, though it does flash sometimes, and i feel it vibrate. I can still make calls by holding down the home button and using "voice command"--no, i dont have siri, because i still have my shitty little iphone4. So i stuck it in rice last night, which supposedly helps absorb the water out...or if youre one of "those", it "attracts the asians to your house at night and they eat the rice then fix your phone for you" but basically, it's supposed to fix your phone after you get it wet. Well.... i'm probably gonna wait for a while before checking on it again, adn hoping that it works. if it doesnt, i probably have to go get it fixed professionally.

Anyone else have any stories/advice on when they somehow or other damaged their phones or got it fixed?

I've tried the rice thing. One of the jokes about it, which is all too true, is: if your phone gets wet, turn it off and put it in a container of rice for three days. Three days later, you'll have a broken phone that smells like rice. I've found it to be all too accurate.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:27:26 AM
At 1/17/2015 11:26:34 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I've tried the rice thing. One of the jokes about it, which is all too true, is: if your phone gets wet, turn it off and put it in a container of rice for three days. Three days later, you'll have a broken phone that smells like rice. I've found it to be all too accurate.

Lol what does rice supposedly smell like?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:28:39 AM
At 1/17/2015 11:27:26 AM, AngelofDeath wrote:

That's actually a surprisingly difficult question to answer. I'll pretend to be all profound and say 'like rice'.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:31:53 AM
At 1/17/2015 11:28:39 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

That's actually a surprisingly difficult question to answer. I'll pretend to be all profound and say 'like rice'.

Lol As an asian, i've gotten so used to the smell of rice it just smells like air to me
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:37:21 AM

When you mentioned pretty much how your phone is useless, but you still "feel it vibrate" I got such the wrong idea.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:39:18 AM
At 1/17/2015 11:37:21 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

When you mentioned pretty much how your phone is useless, but you still "feel it vibrate" I got such the wrong idea.

Lol i may be kinky online, but i aint that bad irl :P

nah, i just meant that when i hold it, it vibrates at random intervals. It's not completely useless, it's just the screen that doesnt work :o
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 2:28:13 PM
At 1/17/2015 11:31:53 AM, AngelofDeath wrote:
You put it in brown rice, right?

My cousin's phone fell in a pool and he put it in a container with hard brown rice (uncooked ofc) and it fix'd :/
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 3:47:58 PM

Lol As an asian, i've gotten so used to the smell of rice it just smells like air to me

I can understand. I'm German/Irish/Russian, so I've gotten used to the smell of alcohol.
- Hilaire Belloc -
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 4:17:05 PM

So the other day, i was just minding my own business and you know, listening to music on my phone and stuff like a normal basic btch, and so then my headphones get caught

What did your head phones get caught on?

and they pull my phone straight out of my pocket, and as it's falling, i try to save it. Obvi, i dont catch it, and it falls, and gets wet. So then when i got home, i tried blow-drying it (i know, pretty pathetic) but that kinda doesnt work. So now i can't turn the screen on, though it does flash sometimes, and i feel it vibrate. I can still make calls by holding down the home button and using "voice command"--no, i dont have siri, because i still have my shitty little iphone4. So i stuck it in rice last night, which supposedly helps absorb the water out...or if youre one of "those", it "attracts the asians to your house at night and they eat the rice then fix your phone for you" but basically, it's supposed to fix your phone after you get it wet. Well.... i'm probably gonna wait for a while before checking on it again, adn hoping that it works. if it doesnt, i probably have to go get it fixed professionally.

"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:42:01 PM
At 1/17/2015 2:12:09 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
I didn't find this story funny at all.

it was more of a anti-humor/trying-to-laugh-off-my-idiocy type funny :P
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:43:12 PM
At 1/17/2015 2:28:13 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
normal rice.... idk what type specifically, but it's white, soooo....
My cousin's phone fell in a pool and he put it in a container with hard brown rice (uncooked ofc) and it fix'd :/
was it the asians that the rice attracted, or the water that the rice absorbed? XD
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:43:54 PM
At 1/17/2015 3:47:58 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I can understand. I'm German/Irish/Russian, so I've gotten used to the smell of alcohol.

Wow, so how much do you drink daily???
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:44:51 PM
At 1/17/2015 4:17:05 PM, SamStevens wrote:

So the other day, i was just minding my own business and you know, listening to music on my phone and stuff like a normal basic btch, and so then my headphones get caught

What did your head phones get caught on?
Idk, some corner, edge, non-slippery surface, something that yanked it out of my pocket :/
and they pull my phone straight out of my pocket, and as it's falling, i try to save it. Obvi, i dont catch it, and it falls, and gets wet. So then when i got home, i tried blow-drying it (i know, pretty pathetic) but that kinda doesnt work. So now i can't turn the screen on, though it does flash sometimes, and i feel it vibrate. I can still make calls by holding down the home button and using "voice command"--no, i dont have siri, because i still have my shitty little iphone4. So i stuck it in rice last night, which supposedly helps absorb the water out...or if youre one of "those", it "attracts the asians to your house at night and they eat the rice then fix your phone for you" but basically, it's supposed to fix your phone after you get it wet. Well.... i'm probably gonna wait for a while before checking on it again, adn hoping that it works. if it doesnt, i probably have to go get it fixed professionally.

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:46:02 PM
At 1/17/2015 7:43:12 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

YOU BEING RDASIS?! D:<
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:46:07 PM
At 1/17/2015 7:43:54 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

One or two cocktails, though not every day, usually 4-5 out of the week. I prefer gin gimlets, manhattans, cognac, and rum.
- Hilaire Belloc -
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:47:35 PM
At 1/17/2015 7:46:02 PM, RevNge wrote:

Not quite sure what rdasis is, but if you meant "racist" nah bruh, i'm practically a white girl mahself man, why would i be racist against myself? XD
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:48:30 PM
At 1/17/2015 7:46:07 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

One or two cocktails, though not every day, usually 4-5 out of the week. I prefer gin gimlets, manhattans, cognac, and rum.

Dude, how old are you and where do you live? Sounds like a pretty chill life you have rn lol
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:49:34 PM
At 1/17/2015 7:47:35 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Not quite sure what rdasis is, but if you meant "racist" nah bruh, i'm practically a white girl mahself man, why would i be racist against myself? XD

YOU SAY WHITE IS NORMAL AND BROWN IS NOT?! DIS IS OUTRAGE TO MY COUNTRY

...oh wait...I'm not black...

._.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:50:45 PM
At 1/17/2015 7:48:30 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Dude, how old are you and where do you live? Sounds like a pretty chill life you have rn lol

26, just outside the Philadelphia suburbs. I read, I cook, I drink, and I garden. It's quite relaxing.
- Hilaire Belloc -
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:06:14 PM
At 1/17/2015 7:49:34 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/17/2015 7:47:35 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

YOU SAY WHITE IS NORMAL AND BROWN IS NOT?! DIS IS OUTRAGE TO MY COUNTRY
most rice i see daily is white, brown is minority.... o.0
...oh wait...I'm not black...
loool
._.
P
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:06:41 PM
At 1/17/2015 7:50:45 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

26, just outside the Philadelphia suburbs. I read, I cook, I drink, and I garden. It's quite relaxing.

Bruh, let's get married <3
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:07:38 PM
At 1/17/2015 8:06:41 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Wrong gender </3 ='(
- Hilaire Belloc -
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:12:38 PM
At 1/17/2015 8:07:38 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Wrong gender </3 ='(

You're gay?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:13:38 PM
At 1/17/2015 8:12:38 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Wrong gender </3 ='(

You're gay?

Yep.
- Hilaire Belloc -
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:14:57 PM
At 1/17/2015 8:13:38 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Wrong gender </3 ='(

You're gay?

Yep.

):
i have just been friendzoned....
That's okay! ily anyway <3 :D
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:17:17 PM
At 1/17/2015 8:14:57 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Wrong gender </3 ='(

You're gay?

Yep.

):

Thanks =D I hope you have more luck with the rice trick than I did, lol.
- Hilaire Belloc -
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:20:53 PM
At 1/17/2015 8:17:17 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 1/17/2015 8:14:57 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Wrong gender </3 ='(

You're gay?

Yep.

):

Thanks =D I hope you have more luck with the rice trick than I did, lol.

Lol i hope so too, for the sake of my sanity XD