Jump to topic:

any ideas?

badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 7:45:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
right, i just found out that i'm going out tomorrow night and that there's a karaoke contest on with 1000euro for the winner... and i'm gonna win, but i can't think of a good song to sing. any of you got a good, uplifting song for me that everybody would know. i'd very much appreciate any suggestions and i hate to pressure ye but i'll need them as soon as possible cos im going to bed shortly and probably won't be able to get on tomorrow. i also need time to learn the words. please.
signature
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:13:38 PM
At 6/24/2010 7:59:02 PM, badger wrote:
not one suggestion between 30 of ye?

I just looked at this. How about the song that goes, "Just call me brother, when you need a hand, we all need somebody to lean on ..."

Or how about Say Yes by Snow Patrol? That's a nice, uplifting song.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:18:59 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:13:38 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

I just looked at this. How about the song that goes, "Just call me brother, when you need a hand, we all need somebody to lean on ..."

i was thinking that myself.

'tis one to be considered. i kinda want a song that goes high a nice bit, though.

i can't believe we weren't friends before this. you're a ledgend. thanks very much.
signature
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:20:13 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:18:59 PM, badger wrote:
At 6/24/2010 8:13:38 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

i was thinking that myself.

'tis one to be considered. i kinda want a song that goes high a nice bit, though.

i can't believe we weren't friends before this. you're a ledgend. thanks very much.

You're welcome. If you do high notes well, the "brother song" may be a good one.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:21:41 PM
Megadeth - A Tout le Monde

Very uplifting and melodic.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:21:52 PM
I think Mariah Carey has some high-note songs, if you wouldn't be embarrassed singing one of them. Yet again, she is American. I'm not sure if many people know about her in Ireland.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:24:46 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:21:52 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I think Mariah Carey has some high-note songs, if you wouldn't be embarrassed singing one of them. Yet again, she is American. I'm not sure if many people know about her in Ireland.

we do, and i'd be very embarrassed.
signature
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:25:37 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:24:46 PM, badger wrote:

Lol. I'd do anything to get that kind of money, though.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:27:46 PM
cheers geo. you're another ledgend, but i've never heard that song before. i'm thinking more along the lines of golden oldies that everyone would know.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:29:09 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:25:37 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/24/2010 8:24:46 PM, badger wrote:

Lol. I'd do anything to get that kind of money, though.

yeah, me too. i reckon i've to sing and do justice to something absolutely everyone will know to win it, though.
signature
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:30:07 PM
You guys are ridiculous. Megadeath at karaoke? I hope that's a joke. This whole thing depends if you wanna be silly or realistic and win. If you wanna be silly, the guys usually think it's funny to sing Barbie Girl, I Am Woman, or some other uber feminine song (which I think is really lame and tired in terms of kareoke humor lol but drunk people seem to get a kick out of it at the bars). In that case I'd suggest singing the hell out of a song that's a classic but not overdone, and a song that you can showcase your range on without having it be out of your league. I'd say to look up some of the songs people have done on American Idol and choose one of those. I'd look for you but I'm pressed for time by now... maybe in a bit...
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:30:19 PM
At 6/24/2010 7:47:16 PM, badger wrote:
i promise i'll send 50euro the way of the person whose suggestion i sing if i win.

lol, right.
President of DDO
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:31:26 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:30:07 PM, theLwerd wrote:
You guys are ridiculous. Megadeath at karaoke? I hope that's a joke. This whole thing depends if you wanna be silly or realistic and win. If you wanna be silly, the guys usually think it's funny to sing Barbie Girl, I Am Woman, or some other uber feminine song (which I think is really lame and tired in terms of kareoke humor lol but drunk people seem to get a kick out of it at the bars). In that case I'd suggest singing the hell out of a song that's a classic but not overdone, and a song that you can showcase your range on without having it be out of your league. I'd say to look up some of the songs people have done on American Idol and choose one of those. I'd look for you but I'm pressed for time by now... maybe in a bit...

that's an excellent idea. another ledgend.
signature
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:31:45 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:30:19 PM, theLwerd wrote:
i promise i'll send 50euro the way of the person whose suggestion i sing if i win.

lol, right.

Lol. I had two legit options that were not ridiculous, though. The "Just Say Yes" song could work really well.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:32:36 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:30:19 PM, theLwerd wrote:

lol, right.

you don't trust me?
signature
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:32:50 PM
You guys are ridiculous. Megadeath at karaoke? I hope that's a joke.

Listen to the song first, then judge. There's high notes from both Megadeth and the female singer. Don't let the name fool you. Megadeth is very melodic.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:33:03 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:31:26 PM, badger wrote:

I'm guessing "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" is out the window?

It is going to be Michael Jackson's one year death anniversary. If you like high pitches, how about you do an MJ song? People will at least like the fact that you're giving a tribute, and will fall for you if you sing it well at all.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:34:36 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:31:45 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Lol. I had two legit options that were not ridiculous, though. The "Just Say Yes" song could work really well.

Yeah but nobody knows that song. If you're gonna do kareoke the whole point is to sing a familiar song that most people know... Some of the most over-done songs that I've seen (but that can work) are Don't Stop Believing by Journey, or that friggin Bon Jovi song Living on a Prayer... kljfdjfdksjf. How about some Frank Sinatra? Or "Mack The Knife" by Bobby Darin lol. Most overdone kareoke song of all time: Sweet Caroline. I complained about that all over DDO when I was on my cruise last year lol.
President of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:35:26 PM
I see that people want well known classics, so I have this to suggest.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:35:57 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:33:03 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/24/2010 8:31:26 PM, badger wrote:

I'm guessing "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" is out the window?

It is going to be Michael Jackson's one year death anniversary. If you like high pitches, how about you do an MJ song? People will at least like the fact that you're giving a tribute, and will fall for you if you sing it well at all.

i was thinking mj too.
signature
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:36:08 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:33:03 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

He's easy to sing though, unless he does a really cool version like David Cook did on American Idol... but he won't be able to with kareoke which already has a standard instrumental track.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:36:56 PM
You'd probably gets pops if you took a really popular pop song and then did a cool rendition of it that varied from the original -- like a cool Lady Gaga or something. That sounds gay but you can easily make it masculine. I dunno. Or you can just stick with the classics.
President of DDO
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:37:12 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:34:36 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/24/2010 8:31:45 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Yeah but nobody knows that song. If you're gonna do kareoke the whole point is to sing a familiar song that most people know... Some of the most over-done songs that I've seen (but that can work) are Don't Stop Believing by Journey, or that friggin Bon Jovi song Living on a Prayer... kljfdjfdksjf. How about some Frank Sinatra? Or "Mack The Knife" by Bobby Darin lol. Most overdone kareoke song of all time: Sweet Caroline. I complained about that all over DDO when I was on my cruise last year lol.

I thought everyone knew "Just Say Yes." It's such a moving song. Have you heard it before?
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:38:12 PM
Stick with an MJ song and make it your own. The audience will love it. Change some of the words, the tune if you can. It would work out nicely.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:40:16 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:35:26 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I see that people want well known classics, so I have this to suggest.

You have clearly never ever been to a kareoke bar lol.
President of DDO