~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 7:59:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/27/2015 4:35:56 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Fleetwood Mac called and want you to GTFO.

Damn it, now I have to listen to Rumours again.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 9:33:18 PM
If Rush and Fleetwood Mac are the best you can come up with, then boy, do I have a band to introduce to you.

A band of four college graduates, four excellent songwriters, four great musicians, four interesting men, and some of the greatest at their instruments in the history of rock.

A band that has one singer that can take an enitre audience, and manipulate it with his hands. A singer who commands the concert like a general in a military parade, yet with the sounds of heaven blaring from the speakers, the crowds of thousands which can't contain their sheer pleasure.

This band exists.

It's called Queen.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 9:49:44 PM
At 1/29/2015 9:33:18 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
If Rush and Fleetwood Mac are the best you can come up with, then boy, do I have a band to introduce to you.

A band of four college graduates, four excellent songwriters, four great musicians, four interesting men, and some of the greatest at their instruments in the history of rock.

A band that has one singer that can take an enitre audience, and manipulate it with his hands. A singer who commands the concert like a general in a military parade, yet with the sounds of heaven blaring from the speakers, the crowds of thousands which can't contain their sheer pleasure.

This band exists.

It's called Queen.

Yeah, I considered Queen. Then I remembered the Fleet. The Fleet
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:13:16 PM
At 1/29/2015 9:49:44 PM, Maikuru wrote:

This band exists.

It's called Queen.

The fleet is commanded by the monarch. The Queen.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:16:17 PM
At 1/29/2015 10:13:16 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

This band exists.

It's called Queen.

http://persephonemagazine.com...
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:36:02 PM
I have not had the pleasure of listening to Rush much yet, but I listened to a few of the songs you posted, and I can hardly put them above several songs.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:45:32 PM
At 1/27/2015 4:23:33 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
It's the truth. Undeniable.

I believe that there are some other strong contenders which you've failed to consider:
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:48:33 PM
At 1/29/2015 10:16:17 PM, Maikuru wrote:

This band exists.

It's called Queen.

Consider this:

Unlike The Beatles, each member of the band, individually, was able to have at least three songs that reached the top 10 in either the UK or the US, all of these hit songs being released under 'Queen', and this is not even counting the numerous hits from their career that have been ambiguously credited as just being written by 'Queen'.

Freddie Mercury alone wrote 10 songs off Queen's first greatest hits album, and if we only took his contributions to Queen, and got rid of the songs by the other three and the cowritten songs, Queen would still have 'Bohemian Rhapsody', 'We are the Champions', 'Somebody to Love', 'Killer Queen', and 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' among countless others. Freddie Mercury wrote more Queen hits than total hits by Fleetwood Mac and Rush COMBINED.

Sans Mercury's songs, the band still has a ton of hits, with songs like 'We Will Rock You', 'Another One Bites the Dust', 'You're My Best Friend', 'Radio GaGa', and 'Fat Bottomed Girls', with tons more.

And if you say that Queen is only a band of hit songs, than I dare you to listen to any studio albums they released between 1973 and 1980, and tell me that they were trash, not to mention later albums like Innuendo and Made in Heaven. Queen also had the greatest live performance, with their performance at Live Aid being considered by many to be the greatest live performance of all time.

No other band besides possibly The Beatles and maybe The Rolling Stones(Which is mainly a testament to their ability to last for over 50 years rather than talent) can match the body of success and versatility that Queen has had. Queen, simply, is they greatest band of all time.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 5:00:57 PM
At 1/29/2015 10:48:33 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

This band exists.

It's called Queen.

Consider this:

Unlike The Beatles, each member of the band, individually, was able to have at least three songs that reached the top 10 in either the UK or the US, all of these hit songs being released under 'Queen', and this is not even counting the numerous hits from their career that have been ambiguously credited as just being written by 'Queen'.

Freddie Mercury alone wrote 10 songs off Queen's first greatest hits album, and if we only took his contributions to Queen, and got rid of the songs by the other three and the cowritten songs, Queen would still have 'Bohemian Rhapsody', 'We are the Champions', 'Somebody to Love', 'Killer Queen', and 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' among countless others. Freddie Mercury wrote more Queen hits than total hits by Fleetwood Mac and Rush COMBINED.

Sans Mercury's songs, the band still has a ton of hits, with songs like 'We Will Rock You', 'Another One Bites the Dust', 'You're My Best Friend', 'Radio GaGa', and 'Fat Bottomed Girls', with tons more.

And if you say that Queen is only a band of hit songs, than I dare you to listen to any studio albums they released between 1973 and 1980, and tell me that they were trash, not to mention later albums like Innuendo and Made in Heaven. Queen also had the greatest live performance, with their performance at Live Aid being considered by many to be the greatest live performance of all time.

No other band besides possibly The Beatles and maybe The Rolling Stones(Which is mainly a testament to their ability to last for over 50 years rather than talent) can match the body of success and versatility that Queen has had. Queen, simply, is they greatest band of all time.

To be honest, I don't really like Queen... I don't know why. Please don't crucify me.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 5:50:34 PM
At 1/30/2015 5:00:57 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/29/2015 10:48:33 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

This band exists.

It's called Queen.

Consider this:

To be honest, I don't really like Queen... I don't know why. Please don't crucify me.

Freddie Mercury died for your sins.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 2:52:36 AM
Just got tickets for a show on the 24th of May. Very excited.

Relevant: https://youtu.be...
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 6:31:56 AM
At 5/2/2015 2:52:36 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
Just got tickets for a show on the 24th of May. Very excited.

Relevant: https://youtu.be...

Tonight, omg.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty