Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Rush is the best band ever.

bossyburrito
Posts: 14,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 4:23:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's the truth. Undeniable.
"I love that you dress in repp ties, tweed jackets and khakis."

~ YYW

#StandWithZarro

#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 7:59:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/27/2015 4:35:56 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Fleetwood Mac called and want you to GTFO.

Damn it, now I have to listen to Rumours again.
"I love that you dress in repp ties, tweed jackets and khakis."

~ YYW

#StandWithZarro

#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 9:33:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If Rush and Fleetwood Mac are the best you can come up with, then boy, do I have a band to introduce to you.

A band of four college graduates, four excellent songwriters, four great musicians, four interesting men, and some of the greatest at their instruments in the history of rock.

A band that has one singer that can take an enitre audience, and manipulate it with his hands. A singer who commands the concert like a general in a military parade, yet with the sounds of heaven blaring from the speakers, the crowds of thousands which can't contain their sheer pleasure.

This band exists.

It's called Queen.
Cringe
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 9:49:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/29/2015 9:33:18 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
If Rush and Fleetwood Mac are the best you can come up with, then boy, do I have a band to introduce to you.

A band of four college graduates, four excellent songwriters, four great musicians, four interesting men, and some of the greatest at their instruments in the history of rock.

A band that has one singer that can take an enitre audience, and manipulate it with his hands. A singer who commands the concert like a general in a military parade, yet with the sounds of heaven blaring from the speakers, the crowds of thousands which can't contain their sheer pleasure.

This band exists.

It's called Queen.

Yeah, I considered Queen. Then I remembered the Fleet. The Fleet
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:13:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/29/2015 9:49:44 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:33:18 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
If Rush and Fleetwood Mac are the best you can come up with, then boy, do I have a band to introduce to you.

A band of four college graduates, four excellent songwriters, four great musicians, four interesting men, and some of the greatest at their instruments in the history of rock.

A band that has one singer that can take an enitre audience, and manipulate it with his hands. A singer who commands the concert like a general in a military parade, yet with the sounds of heaven blaring from the speakers, the crowds of thousands which can't contain their sheer pleasure.

This band exists.

It's called Queen.

Yeah, I considered Queen. Then I remembered the Fleet. The Fleet

The fleet is commanded by the monarch. The Queen.
Cringe
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:16:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/29/2015 10:13:16 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:49:44 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:33:18 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
If Rush and Fleetwood Mac are the best you can come up with, then boy, do I have a band to introduce to you.

A band of four college graduates, four excellent songwriters, four great musicians, four interesting men, and some of the greatest at their instruments in the history of rock.

A band that has one singer that can take an enitre audience, and manipulate it with his hands. A singer who commands the concert like a general in a military parade, yet with the sounds of heaven blaring from the speakers, the crowds of thousands which can't contain their sheer pleasure.

This band exists.

It's called Queen.

Yeah, I considered Queen. Then I remembered the Fleet. The Fleet

The fleet is commanded by the monarch. The Queen.

http://persephonemagazine.com...
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Subutai
Posts: 4,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:36:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have not had the pleasure of listening to Rush much yet, but I listened to a few of the songs you posted, and I can hardly put them above several songs.
Lying on the hill, crawling over the windowsill into your living room, they stare out, glass-eyed aimless heads, bodies torn by vultures. You are the man whose hands are rank with the smell of death. - Peter Hammill, "The Emperor in His War Room"
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,343
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:45:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/27/2015 4:23:33 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
It's the truth. Undeniable.

I believe that there are some other strong contenders which you've failed to consider:
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? "
- W. B. Yeats -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:48:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/29/2015 10:16:17 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 1/29/2015 10:13:16 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:49:44 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:33:18 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
If Rush and Fleetwood Mac are the best you can come up with, then boy, do I have a band to introduce to you.

A band of four college graduates, four excellent songwriters, four great musicians, four interesting men, and some of the greatest at their instruments in the history of rock.

A band that has one singer that can take an enitre audience, and manipulate it with his hands. A singer who commands the concert like a general in a military parade, yet with the sounds of heaven blaring from the speakers, the crowds of thousands which can't contain their sheer pleasure.

This band exists.

It's called Queen.

Yeah, I considered Queen. Then I remembered the Fleet. The Fleet

The fleet is commanded by the monarch. The Queen.

http://persephonemagazine.com...

Consider this:

Unlike The Beatles, each member of the band, individually, was able to have at least three songs that reached the top 10 in either the UK or the US, all of these hit songs being released under 'Queen', and this is not even counting the numerous hits from their career that have been ambiguously credited as just being written by 'Queen'.

Freddie Mercury alone wrote 10 songs off Queen's first greatest hits album, and if we only took his contributions to Queen, and got rid of the songs by the other three and the cowritten songs, Queen would still have 'Bohemian Rhapsody', 'We are the Champions', 'Somebody to Love', 'Killer Queen', and 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' among countless others. Freddie Mercury wrote more Queen hits than total hits by Fleetwood Mac and Rush COMBINED.

Sans Mercury's songs, the band still has a ton of hits, with songs like 'We Will Rock You', 'Another One Bites the Dust', 'You're My Best Friend', 'Radio GaGa', and 'Fat Bottomed Girls', with tons more.

And if you say that Queen is only a band of hit songs, than I dare you to listen to any studio albums they released between 1973 and 1980, and tell me that they were trash, not to mention later albums like Innuendo and Made in Heaven. Queen also had the greatest live performance, with their performance at Live Aid being considered by many to be the greatest live performance of all time.

No other band besides possibly The Beatles and maybe The Rolling Stones(Which is mainly a testament to their ability to last for over 50 years rather than talent) can match the body of success and versatility that Queen has had. Queen, simply, is they greatest band of all time.
Cringe
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 5:00:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/29/2015 10:48:33 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 1/29/2015 10:16:17 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 1/29/2015 10:13:16 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:49:44 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:33:18 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
If Rush and Fleetwood Mac are the best you can come up with, then boy, do I have a band to introduce to you.

A band of four college graduates, four excellent songwriters, four great musicians, four interesting men, and some of the greatest at their instruments in the history of rock.

A band that has one singer that can take an enitre audience, and manipulate it with his hands. A singer who commands the concert like a general in a military parade, yet with the sounds of heaven blaring from the speakers, the crowds of thousands which can't contain their sheer pleasure.

This band exists.

It's called Queen.

Yeah, I considered Queen. Then I remembered the Fleet. The Fleet

The fleet is commanded by the monarch. The Queen.

http://persephonemagazine.com...

Consider this:

Unlike The Beatles, each member of the band, individually, was able to have at least three songs that reached the top 10 in either the UK or the US, all of these hit songs being released under 'Queen', and this is not even counting the numerous hits from their career that have been ambiguously credited as just being written by 'Queen'.

Freddie Mercury alone wrote 10 songs off Queen's first greatest hits album, and if we only took his contributions to Queen, and got rid of the songs by the other three and the cowritten songs, Queen would still have 'Bohemian Rhapsody', 'We are the Champions', 'Somebody to Love', 'Killer Queen', and 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' among countless others. Freddie Mercury wrote more Queen hits than total hits by Fleetwood Mac and Rush COMBINED.

Sans Mercury's songs, the band still has a ton of hits, with songs like 'We Will Rock You', 'Another One Bites the Dust', 'You're My Best Friend', 'Radio GaGa', and 'Fat Bottomed Girls', with tons more.

And if you say that Queen is only a band of hit songs, than I dare you to listen to any studio albums they released between 1973 and 1980, and tell me that they were trash, not to mention later albums like Innuendo and Made in Heaven. Queen also had the greatest live performance, with their performance at Live Aid being considered by many to be the greatest live performance of all time.

No other band besides possibly The Beatles and maybe The Rolling Stones(Which is mainly a testament to their ability to last for over 50 years rather than talent) can match the body of success and versatility that Queen has had. Queen, simply, is they greatest band of all time.

To be honest, I don't really like Queen... I don't know why. Please don't crucify me.
"I love that you dress in repp ties, tweed jackets and khakis."

~ YYW

#StandWithZarro

#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 5:50:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/30/2015 5:00:57 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/29/2015 10:48:33 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 1/29/2015 10:16:17 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 1/29/2015 10:13:16 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:49:44 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:33:18 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
If Rush and Fleetwood Mac are the best you can come up with, then boy, do I have a band to introduce to you.

A band of four college graduates, four excellent songwriters, four great musicians, four interesting men, and some of the greatest at their instruments in the history of rock.

A band that has one singer that can take an enitre audience, and manipulate it with his hands. A singer who commands the concert like a general in a military parade, yet with the sounds of heaven blaring from the speakers, the crowds of thousands which can't contain their sheer pleasure.

This band exists.

It's called Queen.

Yeah, I considered Queen. Then I remembered the Fleet. The Fleet

The fleet is commanded by the monarch. The Queen.

http://persephonemagazine.com...

Consider this:

Unlike The Beatles, each member of the band, individually, was able to have at least three songs that reached the top 10 in either the UK or the US, all of these hit songs being released under 'Queen', and this is not even counting the numerous hits from their career that have been ambiguously credited as just being written by 'Queen'.

Freddie Mercury alone wrote 10 songs off Queen's first greatest hits album, and if we only took his contributions to Queen, and got rid of the songs by the other three and the cowritten songs, Queen would still have 'Bohemian Rhapsody', 'We are the Champions', 'Somebody to Love', 'Killer Queen', and 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' among countless others. Freddie Mercury wrote more Queen hits than total hits by Fleetwood Mac and Rush COMBINED.

Sans Mercury's songs, the band still has a ton of hits, with songs like 'We Will Rock You', 'Another One Bites the Dust', 'You're My Best Friend', 'Radio GaGa', and 'Fat Bottomed Girls', with tons more.

And if you say that Queen is only a band of hit songs, than I dare you to listen to any studio albums they released between 1973 and 1980, and tell me that they were trash, not to mention later albums like Innuendo and Made in Heaven. Queen also had the greatest live performance, with their performance at Live Aid being considered by many to be the greatest live performance of all time.

No other band besides possibly The Beatles and maybe The Rolling Stones(Which is mainly a testament to their ability to last for over 50 years rather than talent) can match the body of success and versatility that Queen has had. Queen, simply, is they greatest band of all time.

To be honest, I don't really like Queen... I don't know why. Please don't crucify me.

Freddie Mercury died for your sins.
Cringe
ShabShoral
Posts: 4,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 2:52:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just got tickets for a show on the 24th of May. Very excited.

Relevant: https://youtu.be...
: At 10/2/2017 3:00:43 AM, YYW wrote:
: Bossy: You are Regina.

:Inferno wrote:
:You sound rather gay.

-- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

"I believe that my powers of mind are surely such that I would have become in a
certain sense a resolver of all problems. I do not believe that I could have remained in
error anywhere for long. I believe that I would have earned the name of Redeemer,
because I had the nature of a Redeemer. "
ShabShoral
Posts: 4,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 6:31:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/2/2015 2:52:36 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
Just got tickets for a show on the 24th of May. Very excited.

Relevant: https://youtu.be...

Tonight, omg.
: At 10/2/2017 3:00:43 AM, YYW wrote:
: Bossy: You are Regina.

:Inferno wrote:
:You sound rather gay.

-- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

"I believe that my powers of mind are surely such that I would have become in a
certain sense a resolver of all problems. I do not believe that I could have remained in
error anywhere for long. I believe that I would have earned the name of Redeemer,
because I had the nature of a Redeemer. "