Jump to topic:

The Dark Knight - Interrogation

studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 8:55:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
After viewing the Dark Knight Interrogation Scene again, I notice that right after Batman slams the Joker's head on the table, the Joker states, "Never start with the head ... The VICTIM gets all fuzzy."

Clearly, the Joker was talking about himself. He was in the room because he was a suspect, not a victim. Is the Joker trying to tell us that he is a victim of the modern world's greed and superficiality, or is it merely a writer's mishap?
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 9:00:52 PM
At 6/26/2010 8:59:16 PM, FREEDO wrote:
It's obviously not a writer's mishap. That was put in there on purpose.

Okay. Every time I watch the clip, it gets me thinking. I'm wondering if it was there for a purpose, if the writers screwed up, etc. It really got me thinking. I enjoyed the scene as a whole.

Is the Interrogation Scene supposed to symbolize the fact that, in the movie, Batman is more of an unjust, unreasonable representation of authority while the Joker is an offset of it?
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 9:00:57 PM
At 6/26/2010 8:56:48 PM, badger wrote:
was he not just the victim of a box into the head?

10/10
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 9:03:43 PM
At 6/26/2010 9:00:52 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/26/2010 8:59:16 PM, FREEDO wrote:
It's obviously not a writer's mishap. That was put in there on purpose.

Okay. Every time I watch the clip, it gets me thinking. I'm wondering if it was there for a purpose, if the writers screwed up, etc. It really got me thinking. I enjoyed the scene as a whole.

Is the Interrogation Scene supposed to symbolize the fact that, in the movie, Batman is more of an unjust, unreasonable representation of authority while the Joker is an offset of it?

No, actually there is much well-founded speculation that's a right-wing movie that equates Batman with George Bush.
I do think they were appealing to the "Joker philosophy" though, just for his character.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 5:26:48 AM
My initial thoughts are that since Joker is an anarchist, or at least follows a philosophy along those guidelines, he feels somewhat wrongly interrogated.

At the same time, he mentions that Batman "completes him" and thus, this is my theory: The Joker feels the fight between him and Batman is like one between good and evil, and that he is currently the victim, but Batman will be made one in the near future.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 5:51:31 AM
i'd love to hear how freedo equated batman to george bush. i bet you it makes george bush out to be a good guy for going to war in iraq.
signature
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 6:57:29 AM
At 6/27/2010 5:26:48 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
My initial thoughts are that since Joker is an anarchist,

lol. Joker's no anarchist. His son Anarky is, though.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 7:03:39 AM
At 6/27/2010 6:57:29 AM, Reasoning wrote:

In the movie at least he is in the traditional usage related to chaos. Not so much the political intent.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 8:58:28 AM
At 6/27/2010 6:57:29 AM, Reasoning wrote:

Yes, because life without rules =/= Anarchy
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.