Jump to topic:

DDO The Walking Dead: Uprising, Ep 4

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 2:10:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mikal's cellphone rang at around 11pm, It was Daltonian calling him once again.

'Hopefully there wont be any more crazy sh** to deal with' Mikal thought to himself. He had just barely managed to put the images of the bodies out of his mind long enough to doze off earlier that day, and the thought of more press conferences only kept him awake in anxiety even more.

He answered the phone. "So whats gone haywire this time?"
"I know its your day off and you deserve one more than anybody else, but we have a problem. How soon can you come in today?" - Dalt
"Ummm, an hour or so. Why, whats going on now?" - Mikal asked.
"Real crazy sh**, and it does NOT involve your friends from the airplane" - Dalt
"On a scale of 1-10 how weird and concerning is it?" - Mikal
"Like Walking-Dead level weird" - Dalt

Mikal became very concerned after hearing the gravity in Daltonian's voice. "I'll be right in" Mikal replied, hanging up and scrambling to put on his work clothes.

What crazy sh** awaits me this time?

Dalt looked over the files even more as a dozen coworkers raced around in the background trying to organize and prioritize data. The conference room was usually only used for lectures and meetings, but it had been recently and temporarily converted into a command center for the Airplane fiasco, and now the room was once again a hive of activity as more reports kept coming in.

Mikal then barged into the room, looking groggy and sleep-deprived as ever, and even he was taken-aback by the buzz in the room. He made his way over to Daltonian to see what fresh hell awaited him this time.

"I'd prefer to be home sometime before 3am this time, but whats up, and why is everyone else still here?" - Mikal
Dalt handed him a file without saying a word, to which Mikal read without saying a word as well.

===================================================================

2 hours earlier

That1User watched over the ICU on his own, as all other doctors and nurses were called into the lower floors a while ago to deal with the influx of patients that were coming in. Since the ICU only had 11 rooms with 9 of 11 people in stable condition, He only had to occasionally check up on two people. Mr Erickson, who suffered from grave stab wounds in a mugging, and Mr. Billick, who was close to death from Cancer. The last available bed had become occupied by Esocial, who suffered all kinds of fractures from the car crash she was involved in.

It was after a routine sweep that That1User did once again the thing that had gotten him into trouble several times in the past....... He fell asleep while on duty.

================================================================

That1User slept like a rock, and was not awakened when two of patients he was meant to keep an eye on flat-lined at the same time. Billick went first, cancer finally claiming him, and Erickson followed almost immediately afterwards. Even had 1User been awake, he would not have been able to save either of them for reasons he would discover shortly.

As he slumbered on though, Erickson reanimated, and slowly got onto his feet as the various wires, tubes, and needles began to be ripped out from his corpse. Billick followed shortly after. The two were put in the same room, and after confirming that both of them were zombies, they turned towards the door.

Hearing the snoring of That1User, the two slowly trudged towards him, eagerly seeking their first meal. Neither of them noticed Esocial in the bed lying directly across the hall from their room.

==============================================================

Yama had been in the bathroom for several hours now. He had originally gone in due to stomach discomfort, but after relieving himself, he became lost in playing games on his phone, not noticing hours tick by. He didn't even know that zmike's condition from the bite had drastically worsened, and was in fact fighting for his life.

Meanwhile down the hall, 1harder had just survived his surgery, being brought back from the brink of death. He was kept sedated in the operating room though because there were no more rooms to put him in. The head surgeon began phoning other Hospitals seeing if they could take him, but every Hospital he turned to turned him away, for they were being inundated with patients as well. Several of them mentioned that they were seeing an influx of patients who had suffered bite wounds from various people.

RevNge, the head Surgeon who was making all of these phone calls, was the first to realize that something very, VERY bad was going on. And so he called his old friend at the CDC, Daltonian, to bring him up to speed.

=====================================================

"How sure are you that this is true?" - Mikal asked, after reading the report. the report was a transcript of the telephone call between Daltonian and RevNge. In it, RevNge informed Daltonian about how hospitals were becoming overcrowded with patients, many of whom had suffered bite marks, and more concerning, how some of the first patients admitted due to bite wounds had drastically worsened in condition, and started showing very strange side-effects....

...... Side effects similar to the bodies of the crew that Mikal observed on the airplane.

"Ive known this guy for a long time, and he doesn't ever exaggerate or bullsh** people. He also does his research, so I am sure that what he is telling me is true." - Dalt

"But if he's telling the truth, then that means that the disease that we found on the airplane escaped! And that its out there killing and infecting other people!" - Mikal

"Exactly" - Dalt

"But that cant be possible.... The plane was quarantined from the get-go, and all of the bodies on the plane are quarantined as well....." - Mikal

"Not all of them." - Dalt said, handing Mikal a second file.

The second file was another transcript of a phone call, this one was made to a random worker of the CDC from a local NYC police officer. In it, the police officer claims that he and his partner had gone to check on Geografia at the city morgue to collect his report of the stiffs found on the plane. Upon arrival though, one of the officers was attacked and bitten, while the other shot the three attackers, all of which had come from inside the morgue.

Inside, they also had found the body of Geografia, which had been torn apart and thrown all around the floor, leaving a hugely bloody mess in the process.

"Christ, how long ago did this happen?" - Mikal asked, horrified

"The report only just now came to my attention. It had been made to a low-level employee at the CDC, so it had to work its way up the chain of command before it was finally brought to my attention." - Dalt

"How long ago di-" - Mikal
"About 7 hours ago" - Dalt said, interrupting him.

The two stared over the files as they both realized that they had a drastic situation on their hands. How drastic though was something that they could never have comprehended at the time, and as the night progressed, the situation would only worsen.

=========================================================

That1User was woken up when a cup full of pens was knocked down onto him off the counter. He shook himself awake to see the reanimated corpses of two patients reaching out trying to grab him.

That1User scrambled to his feet and backed up against the wall, as he was horrified at what he was seeing. Unlike everyone else before him, That1 knew a zombie when he saw one.

He eyed the staircase across the hall, on the other side of the room, and made a break for it.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 2:10:09 PM
Endarkened, Peter, Wylted, and MishapQueen had almost finished cleaning up the house when the home phone rang. Endarkend answered it, half expecting it to be Bennet91 calling from a local jail asking to be bailed out.

Again.

The call was far worse. A doctor at a local hospital informed Endarkened that his wife, Esocial, had been in a bad car accident and was currently in intensive care. Endarkened and Wylted agreed to haul a** over to the hospital, while Peter and MishapQueen agreed to stay behind, since Peter was starting to look ill, and Mishap wanted to keep an eye on him.

==========================================================

Yama, after his butt began to ache in pain from sitting on the toilet so long, finally got up and ventured out into the hallways of the hospital, only to walk into what looked like a scene from a disaster-movie awaiting him.

There was shouting, people were scrambling all around the place, others sat in the hall waiting for a room to be treated in while their loved ones yelled at overwhelmed nurses about why they weren't being treated. The lone security guard who was trying to pacify some of the more outraged people was failing badly at attempting to restore order.

The place was a mad house.

What concerned Yama though was that when he went to check on Zmike's room, Zmike wasn't there anymore. In his bed was someone else who had been bleeding profusely, who had also been bitten by some unknown attacker.

He noticed one doctor, RevNge, in bloody scrubs, make a bee-line down the hall. He stopped him to ask him what happened to his friend Zmike.

"He vas in zhis room a while ago and now he's not zhere anymore, vhere did he go?" - Yama asked.

RevNge shook his head. "Sir i'm only a surgeon, I dont know anything about where patients are being roomed." He said, before trying to make his way around Yama.

Yama stopped him. "Whoa hang on zhere. I am looking for mein freund. Can you please help me?"

RevNge was about to rebuke Yama's offer yet again, but then, a blood curdling scream rang through the halls, while someone else almost ran right into RevNge.... It was That1User.

"Sir, sir there is some crazy sh** happening in the ICU I think you-" - He started, before him, Rev, and Yama all saw where the scream came from.

One of the patients who had been bitten and had not yet received a room had turned, and had proceeded on burying his teeth into the woman that was sitting next to him, blood immediately spewing everywhere as other patients trampled over each other trying to get away.

"Sir look!" - That1User said, pulling RevNge around and pointing him towards the stairway.

The two reanimated patients from the ICU, who That1User managed to escape from before, had followed him down the staircase and into the hallway, trudging towards the trio with outstretched arms and their mouths agape.

Yama, resorting to his military training he received a while ago in Germany, Immediately put together that the two patients from the ICU and the patient currently biting the screaming woman, must have been suffering from the same disease, and had become instruments of death.

He quickly dashed over towards the lone, incompetent security guard and stole his gun. Before the security guard even noticed his gun was missing, Yama had raised it with both hands towards the patients walking towards RevNge and That1User, and fired 5 shots. 3 into one of the patients, 2 into the other.

The first two plowed into the chest of the first patient, but the third pierced through his skull, killing it instantly. The other two shots were also headshots, which brought down the second one.

More screaming ensued at the sound of gunshots, as all hell broke loose. The security guard, whose gun Yama had stolen, promptly fled from the Hospital rather than try to get it back, basically choosing flight over fight. Almost everyone else followed the guard out of the hospital, both scared of the gunshots and of the patient who was trying to eat other patients.

If there was ever a moment when the Apocalypse started, this would be it.

Yama lowered the gun that he was still gripping with both hands. He had suffered some bad wounds to his face from his car accident, but because one of his eyes had been bandaged over, it gave him uncanny aim at a time that he normally wouldn't have had, so it was a mixed blessing to say the least.

It was then that zmikecuber emerged from one of the hospital rooms, upon hearing the gunshots.

He had turned into one of them as well.

The three stared at zmike as he began to limp his way towards the trio, and in other rooms, other former bite patients who had turned emerged as well. First there was one, then two, then five.

Then ten

Yama fired more shots.

"Doctor, ve have to go, now!" - Yama said, as zombies dropped left and right. It seems though that every time Yama killed a zombie, another one would emerge from another hospital room.

Rev, thinking quickly, came up with an idea.

"Follow me!" - He said, and he led That1User and Yama towards the operation room, where he had left 1Harderthanyou.

The hospital always had one ambulance driver on duty at any given time. He could use 1Harder as an excuse to get one of them, and then have the driver move them all towards another Hospital that hopefully hadn't gone to complete sh**. There should be enough space in the back to fit 1Harder, 1User, himself, and Yama, without alerting the driver as to what might be really going on, at least for now.

Yama popped one more zombie in the head and sent it to the ground as the trio made their way into the operation room, where 1Harder still lied on a cart. Rev quickly looked over him, and found that he was good enough to be moved, all while explaining to Yama and That1 what they were going to do. Yama guarded the door while Rev and That1 moved 1Harder out into the hallway, and then out the back entrance to where the ambulances would bring in patients.

They went outside to the back which was quiet compared to the mayhem going on in the front, and they spotted an ambulance with a driver waiting for orders.

================================================================

Endarkened and Wylted arrived at the Hospital out front, just missing the mayhem of everyone running for their lives from the Hospital to escape. They found a parking spot and the two quickly dashed inside.

They dashed in as Endarkened made a bee-line towards the service desk, but he stopped in his tracks to see the place deserted. Not only that, there appeared to have been a struggle. Chairs were overturned, there was blood on the floor in one area, and a lot of it at that, and an eerie silence had consumed the entire room.

"What the f***, where is everyone?" - Wylted asked, checking around and glancing back outside.
"I.... I'm not sure" - Endarkened said. Even he was thrown off by the abundance of missing people
"We're at the right Hospital, right?" - Wylted asked, noticing the large blood stain on the floor in one part of the waiting room.
"Yeah... Yeah this is it, Esocial is here somewhere" - Endarkened
"Well clearly she isn't, this place looks deserted.... And what the hell is that smell?" - Wylted
Endarkened smelled it too, but he wasn't as preoccupied with it as Wylted was.

"It doesn't matter, come on, we have to find Esocial." - Endarkened
"Well what are we gonna do, just poke around and hope we run into someone?" - Wylted
"Thats EXACTLY what we are going to do" - Endarkened.

The two then casually opened up a door, and ventured deeper into the overrun hospital.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 2:11:57 PM
1- Geographia - Dead, Eaten
2- Daltonian - Alive
3- Mikal - Alive
4- Endarkened - Alive
5- Mishapqueen - Alive
6- PetersSmith - Alive but bitten
7- Bennett91 - Dead, Zombified
8- Wylted - Alive
9- Esocialbookworm - Alive but hurt
10- Harder - Alive
11- zmikecuber - Zombified
12- YamaVonKarma - Alive but hurt
13- RevNge - Alive
14- That1User - Alive
15- VelCrow - Alive

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 2:24:06 PM
Then I dipped my finger in the blood and tasted it.

"Yummy, it's B negative and tastes young. Just like Esocials"
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 4:00:33 PM
At 1/29/2015 2:24:06 PM, Wylted wrote:

roflmao
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 4:10:27 PM
At 1/29/2015 2:24:06 PM, Wylted wrote:

Oh my...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 4:12:19 PM
At 1/29/2015 4:11:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
I just thought of something. What if I tasted infected blood?

Then TWD would be an even worse love story than Twilight.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 6:01:34 PM
At 1/29/2015 4:12:19 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/29/2015 4:11:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
I just thought of something. What if I tasted infected blood?

Then TWD would be an even worse love story than Twilight.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 11:33:51 AM
At 1/29/2015 2:10:02 PM, imabench wrote:

You are a really good writer lol
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 12:27:40 PM
At 1/29/2015 9:46:55 PM, Bullish wrote:
Yama is badass.

Yeah ive pretty much decided that Yama and Wylted are going to be the two who kick wholesale a**

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 1:05:07 PM
At 1/30/2015 12:27:40 PM, imabench wrote:
Yama is badass.

Yeah ive pretty much decided that Yama and Wylted are going to be the two who kick wholesale a**

Guess that means Wylted won't be drinking infected blood and dying in the hospital.

So...Mishap will likely die...and I'll likely die. Without my Annie. :-(

This is why you never go to a hospital during a zombie apocalypse. People like That1User fall asleep and ruin everything. I blame him.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 5:36:43 PM
At 1/30/2015 1:05:07 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Yama is badass.

Guess that means Wylted won't be drinking infected blood and dying in the hospital.

This is why you never go to a hospital during a zombie apocalypse. People like That1User fall asleep and ruin everything. I blame him.

I blamed Geo. I'm glad I didn't die yet, but I'm pretty sure we'll all die eventually.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 3:16:48 AM
At 1/30/2015 1:05:07 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Yama is badass.

Yes, I'll die, and then prosecute Peters for murder and Bench for aiding and abetting.

You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 8:58:53 PM
1- Geographia - Dead, Eaten
2- Daltonian - Alive
3- Mikal - Alive
4- Endarkened - Alive
5- Mishapqueen - Alive
6- PetersSmith - Bitten, close to death
7- Bennett91 - Dead, Zombified
8- Wylted - Alive
9- Esocialbookworm - Alive but hurt, left behind
10- Harder - Alive, injured but stable
11- zmikecuber - Zombified
12- YamaVonKarma - Alive but hurt
13- RevNge - Alive
14- That1User - Alive
15- VelCrow - Alive but bitten

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 8:59:11 PM
sorry, wrong thread