DDO: Game Over -- Season 1, Episode 11

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 1:32:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Level XI: The Trial of Mikal.

Police Report: "Terra Mansen, 17, missing from school. Did not show up at home."

"What do we do?" Emberly was with Vicksan, Sokol, and Paramix outside of the woods. Mekaiel was chained to a tree at the edge of the forest, away from the others. He was within their line of sight.
"I'm not sure. But the girl, Sasima... She mentioned a friend helping him." Warem walked up to them.
"I know. It's worrying me too. But while we're here, we need to deal with Mekaiel." Vicksan looked at Mekaiel sitting there. His eyes seemed darker, and less focused. "We can't keep him here."

"Execute him." 1Harder spoke up. A group of people had begin forming.
"Yes... So he can't hurt anyone again!" Another yelled, and a spree of voices moved across the group, all in agreement.

"I agree." Sokol never took his eyes off the boy.
"No. This is why we separated him from everyone. So this wouldn't happen." Vicksan spoke. "We need to think this out."
"What else is there to ask about or think about?" Sokol asked.
Vicksan stared at Paramix but he wasn't speaking. Paramix just spectated the argument.
"He tried killing Sokol, and wanted you and Paramix to get killed by everyone. He was going to murder people so he could be leader." Emberly spoke up.
"And anyone else who got in the way, too. Bookworm almost died." YYW corrected her.

"Everyone who isn't Ember, Paramix, and Sokol, leave. We need to stay on topic." Vicksan tried, but everyone kept approaching none-the-less. Paramix just watched, clearly in thought more than in focus.
"He tried killing people. Why shouldn't we kill him before he kills us?" Another voice spoke up.
Vicksan took note of Sasima. She seemed to come when talk of killing Mekaiel started. He wasn't sure, but she didn't seem fond of the discussion. She actually seemed concerned when people mentioned killing him.
"Sasima." Vicksan tried talking, but he was interrupted.
"Come. Let's talk to him, then. See what he has to say, since Vicksan wants such a fair trial." Another person spoke.

Everyone began to surround Mekaiel. Vicksan looked at Paramix, "What do we do?"
Paramix seemed to pay attention again. "We? You're the leader here, Vicksan. Stop them. If I keep acting for you, the town will fall apart." Vicksan looked at the group, now around Mekaiel. Paramix continued, "You're a smart leader. You just need to stand up more."

Mekaiel stared at Sasima with pale eyes shrouded in . They were absent of thought. Sasima couldn't tell if they were angry or sad.
"You tried to kill me. You started a fight so you could be a leader at the cost of three lives..." Sokol started. He pulled his sword. "You can speak now... What do you want to say."
Mekaiel's eyes never left Sasima. She thought they looked more sad than angry now. She wasn't sure, and didn't care to find out.
"Why ask him? We know it was him. He didn't defend himself then, and he won't defend himself now. Just kill him." Warem spoke. "Bookworm literally saw him talking about it."
"But what happens when he dies?" Bookworm called out.
"She's right, he might actually die... Or log out. We don't know." Bsh1 spoke.
"But how could he die? I'm curious why everyone's scared of people dying here." YYW replied.
"The game has a garbage dump... The programming, that is, deletes unneeded data. If he can't log out or respawn, his data and mind might hang around and get caught in the in-game garbage system." Bsh1 answered him.
YYW stopped and thought about it... He wasn't sure now.
"We can't not punish him..." Emberly looked at Mekaiel. He was the first person she met here, and she hated saying it.
"Good enough." Sokol got his sword ready. He was a high level, and could kill Mekaiel with a single hit. Several people, after hearing Bsh1 and Bookworm, wanted to stop him.

"Stop!" The voice was loud. It was firm and powerful.
Everyone looked back at Vicksan, who entered the crowd.
"This isn't justice. If you want to kill someone, you can leave afterwards. Now get back." Vicksan looked at Paramix. Paramix just smiled back.
Everyone except Warem and Sokol stepped back. Vicksan was leader, and they knew he held access to the most powerful person here.
"Why?" Sokol looked at him. "He should be executed."
"Sokol. Who are you to pretend the past 24 hours gives you that call?" Vicksan was firm in his decision.
Sokol was about to reply, but he couldn't. He looked at Paramix, and remembered earlier, and knew Vicksan was right. He wanted to say something so badly, but Vicksan was right during the fight, and he was right now. "I was wrong about you. I want you to know that." Sokol stepped back and joined the others.
Warem looked at Mekaiel, then at Vicksan. "It's your call."

Vicksan thought for a moment. "I know asking you won't help. Searching for the answer now would be repetitive... You tried killing someone. You committed treason and tried to betray Midnight... Get up." He unwrapped Mekaiel's chains.
Mekaiel stood up and focused for the first time since he was chained.
"I trusted you... I nearly died for you..." Vicksan continued.
Mekaiel just stood there and stared.

-- Don't Listen --

But he listened regardless.
Vicksan walked up to him. "You're to leave. You won't come back. You will never return to Midnight. You do not deserve what you tried to take." Vicksan lifted his hand. Items flashed around in a ball of light... A gift, although only Mekaiel could see what the items where;

A Hammer to build with.
A Thick Cloth to stay warm.
A Heart for respawning.

Mekaiel looked at Vicksan, confused.
"Take these. And don't come back." Vicksan repeated, gave him the items, and waited.
Mekaiel looked at him a moment, then looked at everyone else. He looked at Sasima one last time, and begin to leave.

Vicksan looked at Sasima now, "I said you had to do one kind thing, selflessly, to stay. You risked your safety to save Paramix and Sokol. You're a full citizen of Midnight now." He smiled at her.
She smiled back. She was thrilled that the plan worked... It was fun... and exciting.
"You're welcome to find a home... We have a few left empty." Vicksan continued.
Sasima looked at the town... It looked boring. The whole time, she wanted to stay, but only as a goal... But as an accomplishment, it didn't seem so fun.

Vicksan looked at Mekaiel one last time, and left.
When Vicksan was out of sight, Sasima looked at Mekaiel far in the distance. "Hmm..." She thought about what she wanted to do.
She looked over and saw Paramix staring at her. She assumed he knew she was the "friend" that helped Mekaiel. Odds are, she was right to assume that. She also knew Paramix wouldn't stop her from entering the town. He did what Vicksan asked loyally. But city life was so boring. Conspiracies and plots, those were interesting.
She turned back and ran toward Mekaiel.

Sasima caught up with him. "You having fun? I am!" She laughed.
"Why are you following me? You wanted to stay in Midnight, now you can." Mekaiel kept walking.
Sasima could tell he was both hurt and angry. "I don't wanna stay at Midnight."
Mekaiel stopped and stared and her. "Why? After everything you did? Why would you abandon all that? You betrayed me, and for nothing?"
"I told you, silly. I prefer to do things the hard way." She smiled.
"And why should I let you stay with me?"
"... Because we still have a fight to settle someday." She continued to smile.
Mekaiel stared a while longer. He sighed, and continued walking, and Sasima walked with him...
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 1:32:47 AM
----
TOWN SQUARE
----

"You know... I like this place. Most town squares have a fountain. We have a week old bonfire." Imabench was warm near the fire. "I mean look at this thing... It's so tall... A fire fountain! Beat that, Kansas City."

Warem walked up to Vicksan. "Why did you let that guy go?"
Vicksan stopped to answer, "If I killed him, I'd have to live with someone's death."
"He tried to kill Sokol." Warem replied. "It's only justice."
"Justice? Let me ask you... Who is Mekaiel?"
"What do you mean?" Warem awaited the answer.
"Who is he? In real life? A boy or a girl? A father? A teenager? An adult? A damn twelve year old..? A kid thinking this is still just a game? Tell me. The next time you kill someone, who was really on the other end of that sword..." Vicksan began to walk away, but stopped to say one last thing. "No one dies. That's the goal." He finished, then walked to the cliff edge.

Warem just stood there, motionlessly thinking about what Vicksan said... Unsure what to say or think.... Mekaiel could have been a child...

----
--------
ONE WEEK LATER
--------
----

The Town of Midnight was complete. There were homes everywhere, and the buildings in the Town Square were turned into shops, and given to members with the best production skills like weaving and woodworking. Vicksan was beginning a program to produce currency... A Gold Coin would be valued at a days worth of food.

The Palace was being built. It was designed so it could be expanded upon later. The massive building held a tower on all sides of the structure. The building held over twenty rooms to be used. One, specially made, held a far from complete library and a study. It was for Paramix. He mentioned once that the game held 4,560 in-game books that could be found or replicated. Not small books, either.

The Main Hall was a long room guarded by grand columns, with a feasting table stretched along the center. Behind the Main Hall was a gathering hall for the Nobility. Emberly wasn't sure why they needed a separate feasting hall for special people. Vicksan insisted it'd be important for private conversations. That way, the higher ups could discuss important things, while the soldiers didn't have to wait outside before getting to eat. It was a rationalization, but a decent one, at least. Even then, she didn't understand the need for nobles... Although whether they tried to have nobles or not, Bsh1 and Sokol were higher up than everyone else anyways. They were leaders of their group before joining the camp. The town only had five soldiers. Warem was head of the guard.

The palace was wonderful. A site for the nearly forty people living in the town, even if forty people hardly counted as a town... The town and the joy of building it helped distract people from the fear of not being able to log out yet. Although, Emberly was questioning if perhaps Vicksan was trying to distract them for wanting to log out... She was suspicious of him.

"I don't know, Warem... I don't think he wants us logging out." Emberly sat in her room. Warem stood by the door. It was a lovely room with a great view and a massive bed. Vicksan seemed to see her as his second-in-command... Oddly, Bookworm thought the same, too, a week ago.
"I don't know how well I trust him either. But do you have evidence that he's trying to sabotage us ever logging out?" Warem wore a white Iron Armor that consisted of gilding around the sides. Inside the armor was thick fur. It looked comfortable.
"What has he done to try to log us out?" Emberly asked him.
"Hm... He said he'd ask around for information, although I don't think he has." Warem thought about it. "What can he do?"
"Well, I don't know... Something, at least..." Emberly looked at herself in the mirror. She wished her real life self was so pretty... Bree... She held on to that name firmly.
"Okay... What could you do?"
Emberly thought about his question. She didn't bother answering. She already knew he was right.

Emberly: Forager: Level 6.
Swordfighting: Able.

----
KING'S ROOM
----

The King's Room was a majestic hall with a study on the left, and a couch and table on the right. The far middle was overwhelmed by a massive bed. Vicksan sat on the bed thinking. He didn't know what to do. How would they ever log off? Where would he even start?

Vicksan: Builder: Level 12.
Building: Master.

He didn't know who to ask... Paramix might be a good start. But if Paramix knew something, he would have told Vicksan immediately. Warem wouldn't know anything, would he?
Vicksan only knew one person he could rely on to know something... Airmax. But Airmax wasn't there.
Vicksan wished he could call Airmax... But only the host can. But thinking about it... Airmax came to him several times. Technically, first person to log on becomes host.
"Hmm..." He thought a moment. "Airmax." He tried.

Nothing happened.
"Hm. Bots..." He never liked them. They just... stared. Stared and replied emotionlessly.

"What?" Airmax stood by the door.
"It worked!" Vicksan sat up.
"I know when you call me. That doesn't always mean I'll come. I'm not restricted to programming." Airmax informed him. "I only came to tell you that."
"Well hold on... I have a question." Vicksan started.
"I know." Airmax waited.
"About logging off... Where do I start?" Vicksan wasn't sure he wanted to. But he still felt the need to know how.
"You're doing good... Your have a third the world here already. They are safe. But you still need the rest. I suppose, though, that can't happen now." Airmax and dodged the question.
"Why can't it?" Vicksan was curious.
"Mekaiel and Sasima. They're gone." Airmax was walking around looking at Vicksan's room. He stopped and stared at Vicksan. His eyes gave away how much he knew.
Vicksan didn't reply.
"You did good. You saved a man's life." Airmax didn't seem proud. He never seemed like anything...
Vicksan tried getting back on topic, "Thank you... So... How do I start figuring out how to log out?"
Airmax stood there for a while and thought... "You don't."
Vicksan didn't reply. He didn't know how to. He only stared in shock.
"We're trying to log you out. And we prefer you not mess with anything." Airmax warned, then was gone.
"Wait!" Vicksan yelled...

He didn't know how to respond to Airmax's statement. It shocked him to consider it. Although, he thought, perhaps that was the answer he wanted. But the town wouldn't accept that answer. How could they allow it?

"Airmax!" He tried calling him back. The answer wasn't good enough. He needed a better answer than that. However, Airmax didn't show up. He tried yelling again, and again, Airmax didn't return.

----
--------
FOREST
--------
----

"Mekaiel." A young player, Xlav, walked up to him.

XLAV: Witch Hunter: Level 32.
Swordfighting: Master.
Warding: Master.

"Midnight has grown to nearly 40 members. But they only have five soldiers." Xlav finished.
Mekaiel was laying down on a log that hung over a chasm. He didn't bother looking. "Good..."
Sasima was sleeping beside the log. She was notably stronger.

"When do we attack them?" Xlav asked. Mekaiel's party was nearly eight men strong.
"We don't. Not yet. But soon." Mekaiel still didn't sit up. "The Citadel. What level is it?"
"Bronze, Mekaiel."
"A Bronze Citadel? Not much fun... Oh well. Tell the men to get ready... We're going on a Citrun."

Sasima: Rogue: Level 49.
Swordfighting: Grand Master.

Mekaiel: Knight: Level 45.
Swordfighting: Grand Master.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 1:33:25 AM
Last Episode: Trouble in Midnight ==> http://www.debate.org...

Next Episode: The Tale of Two Leaders ==> http://www.debate.org...

----
For the Audience:
----

1 - How well do you think Vicksan handled the trial?

2 - What do you think of the city and everything that's happened after 1 week?

What would you like to see in the next 5 chapters?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 3:01:41 PM
At 2/3/2015 2:06:13 PM, RevNge wrote:
Damn. Timeskip or something?

Yep. It'd be boring to watch them build stuff.

I know I haven't given you alot of time on the show, so I'm giving you plenty in the next episode.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:22:42 PM
At 2/3/2015 3:01:41 PM, donald.keller wrote:

I know I haven't given you alot of time on the show, so I'm giving you plenty in the next episode.

WOOT

I don't like meh, though. Even Rev would say that Parasyte is immature and dumb...and that's coming from Rev.

*headdesk*
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:23:26 PM

And I was actually going to do a piece-by-piece commentary on the fanfic, but I accidentally closed the tab so now I'm pissed. XD

I'll do it later, though. :3
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:25:52 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:23:26 PM, RevNge wrote:

And I was actually going to do a piece-by-piece commentary on the fanfic, but I accidentally closed the tab so now I'm pissed. XD

xD

I'll make Rev likable. That's the thing about trollish kids... They're annoying xD Hard to write one well.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:25:52 PM

xD

I'll make Rev likable. That's the thing about trollish kids... They're annoying xD Hard to write one well.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:29:11 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:25:52 PM, donald.keller wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:37:02 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:29:11 PM, RevNge wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh

cuz o.o

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:39:12 PM
At 2/3/2015 1:32:13 AM, donald.keller wrote:

Huh. I was mentioned...now my curiosity has spiked...and I'll have to read this series now...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:40:41 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:37:02 PM, donald.keller wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh

cuz o.o

;_;

Anyway, you said that Grand Master was the third highest rank out of a dozen or so, and the max level was 500. I found it a little odd that the players were only at 10% of the max level and already at such a high rank. Even Vicksan at Level 12 was a Master Builder already. Is there some kind of class that will be unlocked or something?
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:44:53 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:40:41 PM, RevNge wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh

cuz o.o

;_;

Anyway, you said that Grand Master was the third highest rank out of a dozen or so, and the max level was 500. I found it a little odd that the players were only at 10% of the max level and already at such a high rank. Even Vicksan at Level 12 was a Master Builder already. Is there some kind of class that will be unlocked or something?

Skill and Level don't always correlate. You can be a level 10 Ultimate (okay, no you can't, but you get the point.)

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:46:41 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:44:53 PM, donald.keller wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh

cuz o.o

;_;

Skill and Level don't always correlate. You can be a level 10 Ultimate (okay, no you can't, but you get the point.)

Or a Level 500 Able.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:47:47 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:39:12 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Huh. I was mentioned...now my curiosity has spiked...and I'll have to read this series now...

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:49:40 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:46:41 PM, RevNge wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh

cuz o.o

;_;

Or a Level 500 Able.

Yep... I mean, I hope not, but ya lol.
Also, Level 100 is like the top... Every level after that is entering a whole new stage of player. Like, Level 1-100 are normal players, and levels above 200 are new-god like players. Anyone above 400 is a God.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:50:41 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:47:08 PM, RevNge wrote:
Who are the Midnight soldiers, by the way?

Warem.
TN
Sub
and two others I don't have yet.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:51:10 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:49:40 PM, donald.keller wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh

cuz o.o

;_;

Or a Level 500 Able.

Also, Level 100 is like the top... Every level after that is entering a whole new stage of player. Like, Level 1-100 are normal players, and levels above 200 are new-god like players. Anyone above 400 is a God.

So...an Able God?

Wait...Paramix is a god(like)? :O

I've officially converted to a Mixist.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:51:33 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:50:41 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Warem.
TN
Sub

No Sokol?
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:53:00 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:51:10 PM, RevNge wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh

cuz o.o

;_;

Or a Level 500 Able.

So...an Able God?

Lol Paramix kind of is God when you think about it... Or when I think about it, but I know things no one else knows.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:58:05 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:53:00 PM, donald.keller wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh

cuz o.o

;_;

Or a Level 500 Able.

So...an Able God?

Lol Paramix kind of is God when you think about it... Or when I think about it, but I know things no one else knows.

But...then...why won't he log us out... T_T
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:58:10 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:51:33 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 2/3/2015 4:50:41 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Warem.
TN
Sub

No Sokol?

Maybe. It depends. Sokol doesn't really need to join the soldiers to defend the town, and probably wouldn't care to be under Warem in rank.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:59:43 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:58:05 PM, RevNge wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh

cuz o.o

;_;

Or a Level 500 Able.

So...an Able God?

Lol not a god in that sense.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 5:01:03 PM
At 2/3/2015 4:59:43 PM, donald.keller wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh

cuz o.o

;_;

Or a Level 500 Able.

So...an Able God?

So...what's our religious book? The Parable?
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 5:01:42 PM
At 2/3/2015 5:01:03 PM, RevNge wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh

cuz o.o

;_;

Or a Level 500 Able.

So...an Able God?

.... .... .... *cries and leaves* ....

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 5:09:55 PM
At 2/3/2015 5:01:42 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 2/3/2015 5:01:03 PM, RevNge wrote:

xD

Y u hate meh

cuz o.o

;_;

Or a Level 500 Able.

So...an Able God?

.... .... .... *cries and leaves* ....

Pls bruh I must know so I can memorize verses and stuff D:>
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 3:19:47 AM

Finally, done with all my compulsory reading, now time for some leisurely fanfic x).
Police Report: "Terra Mansen, 17, missing from school. Did not show up at home."

"Mansen"! Vicksan manson would have been a good name had Terra been his mom. I wonder, is this dude the creator of Terra the game? Probably lol.
"What do we do?" Emberly was with Vicksan, Sokol, and Paramix outside of the woods. Mekaiel was chained to a tree at the edge of the forest, away from the others. He was within their line of sight.
Holy sht. Getting right into it eh? Spicing things up.
"I'm not sure. But the girl, Sasima... She mentioned a friend helping him." Warem walked up to them.
"I know. It's worrying me too. But while we're here, we need to deal with Mekaiel." Vicksan looked at Mekaiel sitting there. His eyes seemed darker, and less focused. "We can't keep him here."
... Or you can. I mean, he did try to kill Sokol and plotted against you. Or you could have him banished.

...Or that.
"Yes... So he can't hurt anyone again!" Another yelled, and a spree of voices moved across the group, all in agreement.
Uh...

Dammit, I'm too absorbed in the story. Sorry, this is going to be a half empty post.
"No. This is why we separated him from everyone. So this wouldn't happen." Vicksan spoke. "We need to think this out."
Vicksan stared at Paramix but he wasn't speaking. Paramix just spectated the argument.
"He tried killing Sokol, and wanted you and Paramix to get killed by everyone. He was going to murder people so he could be leader." Emberly spoke up.
"And anyone else who got in the way, too. Bookworm almost died." YYW corrected her.

"Everyone who isn't Ember, Paramix, and Sokol, leave. We need to stay on topic." Vicksan tried, but everyone kept approaching none-the-less. Paramix just watched, clearly in thought more than in focus.
"He tried killing people. Why shouldn't we kill him before he kills us?" Another voice spoke up.
Vicksan took note of Sasima. She seemed to come when talk of killing Mekaiel started. He wasn't sure, but she didn't seem fond of the discussion. She actually seemed concerned when people mentioned killing him.
"Come. Let's talk to him, then. See what he has to say, since Vicksan wants such a fair trial." Another person spoke.

Paramix seemed to pay attention again. "We? You're the leader here, Vicksan. Stop them. If I keep acting for you, the town will fall apart." Vicksan looked at the group, now around Mekaiel. Paramix continued, "You're a smart leader. You just need to stand up more."

Mekaiel stared at Sasima with pale eyes shrouded in . They were absent of thought. Sasima couldn't tell if they were angry or sad.
"You tried to kill me. You started a fight so you could be a leader at the cost of three lives..." Sokol started. He pulled his sword. "You can speak now... What do you want to say."
Mekaiel's eyes never left Sasima. She thought they looked more sad than angry now. She wasn't sure, and didn't care to find out.
"Why ask him? We know it was him. He didn't defend himself then, and he won't defend himself now. Just kill him." Warem spoke. "Bookworm literally saw him talking about it."
"But how could he die? I'm curious why everyone's scared of people dying here." YYW replied.
"The game has a garbage dump... The programming, that is, deletes unneeded data. If he can't log out or respawn, his data and mind might hang around and get caught in the in-game garbage system." Bsh1 answered him.
"We can't not punish him..." Emberly looked at Mekaiel. He was the first person she met here, and she hated saying it.
"Good enough." Sokol got his sword ready. He was a high level, and could kill Mekaiel with a single hit. Several people, after hearing Bsh1 and Bookworm, wanted to stop him.

"This isn't justice. If you want to kill someone, you can leave afterwards. Now get back." Vicksan looked at Paramix. Paramix just smiled back.
Everyone except Warem and Sokol stepped back. Vicksan was leader, and they knew he held access to the most powerful person here.
"Sokol. Who are you to pretend the past 24 hours gives you that call?" Vicksan was firm in his decision.
Sokol was about to reply, but he couldn't. He looked at Paramix, and remembered earlier, and knew Vicksan was right. He wanted to say something so badly, but Vicksan was right during the fight, and he was right now. "I was wrong about you. I want you to know that." Sokol stepped back and joined the others.

Vicksan thought for a moment. "I know asking you won't help. Searching for the answer now would be repetitive... You tried killing someone. You committed treason and tried to betray Midnight... Get up." He unwrapped Mekaiel's chains.

-- Don't Listen --

Vicksan walked up to him. "You're to leave. You won't come back. You will never return to Midnight. You do not deserve what you tried to take." Vicksan lifted his hand. Items flashed around in a ball of light... A gift, although only Mekaiel could see what the items where;

A Hammer to build with.
A Heart for respawning.

"Take these. And don't come back." Vicksan repeated, gave him the items, and waited.
Mekaiel looked at him a moment, then looked at everyone else. He looked at Sasima one last time, and begin to leave.

Vicksan looked at Sasima now, "I said you had to do one kind thing, selflessly, to stay. You risked your safety to save Paramix and Sokol. You're a full citizen of Midnight now." He smiled at her.
She smiled back. She was thrilled that the plan worked... It was fun... and exciting.
Sasima looked at the town... It looked boring. The whole time, she wanted to stay, but only as a goal... But as an accomplishment, it didn't seem so fun.

When Vicksan was out of sight, Sasima looked at Mekaiel far in the distance. "Hmm..." She thought about what she wanted to do.
She looked over and saw Paramix staring at her. She assumed he knew she was the "friend" that helped Mekaiel. Odds are, she was right to assume that. She also knew Paramix wouldn't stop her from entering the town. He did what Vicksan asked loyally. But city life was so boring. Conspiracies and plots, those were interesting.

Sasima caught up with him. "You having fun? I am!" She laughed.
"Why are you following me? You wanted to stay in Midnight, now you can." Mekaiel kept walking.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 9:10:19 AM
At 2/4/2015 3:19:47 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Finally, done with all my compulsory reading, now time for some leisurely fanfic x).

"Mansen"! Vicksan manson would have been a good name had Terra been his mom. I wonder, is this dude the creator of Terra the game? Probably lol.

Vicksans name is anthony weaver <_<
Holy sht. Getting right into it eh? Spicing things up.
... Or you can. I mean, he did try to kill Sokol and plotted against you. Or you could have him banished.

He means they can't keep him in Midnight.

...Or that.
Uh...

Dammit, I'm too absorbed in the story. Sorry, this is going to be a half empty post.

-- Don't Listen --

A Hammer to build with.
A Heart for respawning.

????

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --