Jump to topic:

Once Upon a DDO S2E4

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 11:52:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The previous episode can be found here: http://www.debate.org...

The City of Awindar
5 Years Earlier

"Rev! Rev!"

Rev turned over in his bed, eyes still closed. He smacked his lips together and mumbled something. Uchi shook his brother's shoulder impatiently. "Rev! Wake up!" Rev's only response was a low moan. Shaking his head, Uchi sat back and examined the sleeping form. Rev looked to be in the middle of a good dream. More than that, now that Rev wasn't being an obnoxious noob (as Uchi's little brother, Rev would always be a noob to him), he looked surprisingly peaceful. Through the window, a slanted ray of moonlight landed on Rev's face.

Uchi grabbed an empty cup from the nightstand and proceeded into the bathroom. He returned moments later with a full cup. A wide grin crossed his face as he knelt beside the bed. With a mother's care, Uchi extracted Rev's arm from beneath the blankets and held his hand above the cup of water. Then he let go.

"You know," Rev groaned, as they were trudging down the dimly lit road some twenty minutes later, "we wouldn't be late if you had woken me the normal way."

"I did awaken you the normal way." Uchi grinned. "For a brother."

"Go to the three hells." Rev moaned. "Mother's going to be pissed."

"Interesting choice of words."

"Shut up." Rev glowered at a nearby streetlight. "How much further?"

"Complaining again, little Rev? Perk up! Or I'll have to remind Uchi to give you a muzzle." The female voice floated over to them. Rev and Uchi turned to see a girl emerge from a nearby alley.

Uchi bowed low. "Angel, your radiant beauty -"

"Shut up." Angel smirked. "Come on out, Adam!" Adam stumbled out of the same alley. He waved at Rev, nodded at Uchi, and more-or-less hid behind Angel. "Well, we're all here." Angel beamed. "Took you long enough. Shall we go?"

"The Practitioner's Tower is off-limits," Rev said, "but I know another place with a great view. The Valos Spire."

"You cannot get us in there," Angel scoffed.

"We don't have to go inside it." Rev's smile could give someone cavities. "Just up it."

"I will chop off your balls," Angel complained as she climbed. "I will put them on a platter and make you eat them."

"Why you hate me?" Rev called down from above. He'd already made it to the top, scaling the spire with ease. Uchi was near the top. Adam was just above Angel.

"If you fall," Angel told Adam, "it'll be your balls I chop off."

"What is your fascination with balls?" Adam glanced down and nearly lost his footing. Fortunately, he managed to catch himself at the last moment.

"I'm motivating you to keep climbing."

"You suck at it." Adam panted. It wasn't his fault he didn't climb towers everyday! Well, maybe it was, but he could hardly be blamed for that!

By the time Adam and Angel reached the top, Rev and Uchi were already there, staring out into the distance. Wordlessly, Adam and Angel joined them. Seeing the city from above (nearly) made the climb worthwhile. The houses could have been sleeping individuals. The lights below emitted a soft glow. In the distance, the still forms of dunes could be discerned, so large that they might have been the body of a dragon.

"Tonight, the great sands will calm," Uchi said. "The Practitioners are deactivating the Forecaster."

"Is it true that it's supposed to snow?" Adam looked up at Angel. When she didn't answer, he turned his gaze to Rev.

"Let's just see," Rev said.

A shimmer of blue sparks erupted through the night sky. They looked like miniature stars bursting above the city. Rev was awestruck. The sparks expanded outward, forming a rough circle, before racing down toward the earth. They vanished upon striking the surface.

A gust of wind rolled through the city. It was as though Awindar itself was breathing, or gasping, finally having found fresh air. The four friends could hardly believe their senses.

"Look!" Adam pointed at the sky. Rev followed his finger. Small white balls were drifting gently downward, dancing in the rhythm of a lullaby he could not hear. As they drew closer, Rev amended his description. They weren't balls. They looked more like bits of confetti. He reached out, and one of them came to rest in his palm. It was cold. As he stared, it turned into a tiny drop of water.

"Beautiful," Angel gaped.

"You are," Uchi agreed. Angel elbowed him in the ribs.

Adam tugged on Rev's shoulder. "Is this snow?"

"I think so."

Adam sighed happily. "I wish it could always be like this."

Rev gave him a scathing look. "Adam, haven't you ever read a book? Saying something like that is right up there with 'well, at least it can't get any worse.' You just don't say that."

Adam looked away. "Why should I read when I can experience? Reading about friends isn't the same as having them."

Rev didn't have a reply to that. He redirected his attention to the sky. Who knew when the Forecaster would be dropped again? He should enjoy it while it lasted.

Adam was right. It would be nice if the world came to a standstill, and everything could remain the way it was.

The Kingdom of DDO
Present Day

Everybody always assumed Imabench had a plan.

He'd let himself get banned by Airmax? He must have had a plan. He helped CP kill Larz? He must have had a plan. He freed kbub during the final battle for DDO? He must have had a plan.

Their speculations amused Imabench. He knew no one could figure out his thoughts. He was the Lord of the Trolls. Part troll, part human. Nobody could understand him. Sometimes he didn't even understand himself. This never alarmed him. To Imabench, life was little more than a never-ending banquet with all sorts of delicacies to be sampled and played with.

Right now, though, Imabench did have a plan. That plan was to make 9space shut up.

Below the tree Imabench had been enjoying a leisurely nap in, 9space was conducting a rap battle with himself.

"Look at this face, it's 9space, tryin' beat me makes you a disgrace!"

His rapping was a disgrace, Imabench thought. Not just to rapping, but to vocal cords in general.

"9space!"

"What up, Imabench? I'm a...mench...wench...clench...."

"Yes, yes, very good. Don't you have other work to be doing? Spying on the Kingdom, for example?"

"Nothing's happening." 9space pouted. "Airmax is all BANHAMMER BANHAMMER BANHAMMER, and YYW and bsh1 are all like *slurp slurp slurp* and Romanii's all like 'duhhhhhhhh,' and Jonbonbon's just, like, 'waaaaah,' and -"

"Enough!" Imabench glared down at 9space. "Go find one of the other trolls and rap with him."

A wide grin burst across 9space's face. He saluted and rushed off into the Pollust.

Imabench settled back onto his nice branch and closed his eyes. There was still plenty of time before anything would happen. That suited him just fine. Let everyone else be boring. Imabench knew how to let all that go.

A chill cut through the air.

Imabench lazily opened one eye. There was a figure standing on the branch near him. Hurriedly, he scrambled to his feet, now wide awake. But the figure was just Bookworm.

"You startled me, Bookie." Imabench relaxed. "What is it?"

Bookworm stepped closer to him. "I've been looking for you, Imabench."
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 11:52:45 AM
Airmax sat in the only chair in his inn's room. Despite his better judgment, he harbored a bitter distaste for his surroundings. He strongly suspected that the bedsheets hadn't been washed in many, many moons, and it seemed more likely than not that there was some type of insect nesting in the walls. Airmax silently thanked Juggle that the inn was merely a temporary meeting place. Romanii had awakened, and NiamC insisted that the Health Forum was overflowing with patients and that there weren't any other rooms available.

To Airmax's right stood Lannan. Even here, the general wore his uniform with pride. Airmax appreciated that loyalty. "Lannan, are you ready?"

"I don't understand why I have to argue against it," Lannan groaned. "It was my idea."

"YYW always works best when he's challenged. You know that."

"Bullish will challenge him though, don't you think?"

"Undoubtedly." Airmax met Lannan's gaze. "So challenge him first."

As it waiting for those words, the door opened, and Bullish, Blade of Truth, YYW, and bsh1 entered the cramped room. Bullish scoffed at the interior and sank onto the bed. Truth sat by his feet. YYW and bsh1 sat as well, completing the approximate circle.

"Thank you all for coming." Airmax gestured, and the door closed with a soft thud. "I know it's a busy time for all of you, but before we cut to the heart of the matter...." He turned toward YYW. "How's Romanii?"

"You'd have to ask NiamC for specifics," YYW said, "but from what I can tell, he's lost his memory. Completely. Doesn't even remember who he is."

"We shall pray for him," Airmax noted. "But right now, we have a more urgent task at hand. We must rescue President Mikal."

"He's likely dead," Bullish commented.

"He's likely not," YYW countered. "Mikal is a valuable political prisoner. Bladerunner's not stupid. He won't kill Mikal."

"I agree with YYW," bsh1 chimed in.

"Big surprise."

bsh1 ignored Truth's comment. "Mikal is a part of our community. As he is responsible to us, we are to him. Who knows what they're doing to him right now? Rescuing him is the right thing to do."

"What sort of message," YYW interjected, "does it send if we allow our president to be kidnapped without retaliation?"

"I think we're all forgetting one little, tiny, trivial, insignificant, microscopic detail," Bullish announced. "Barely worth mentioning, really. But Mikal was captured by Bladerunner, a Practitioner of the Silver Arts. The Practitioners are based in Awindar. Awindar is across the sea. What, exactly, do you think we can do?"

"It's obvious, isn't it?" YYW rhetorically asked the others. "We have to go. We have to find Mikal."

Bullish opened his mouth to reply, but someone beat him to it.

"DDO's barely done anything with sea travel!" General Lannan protested. "We don't even have more than a handful of ships, and we certainly don't know if any of them are seaworthy! You're proposing we voyage into the unknown, untrained and inexperienced, to save a president who was never democratically elected?"

"Yes." YYW snaked his hand through bsh1's. "I suppose I am."

"Where," Truth inquired, "do you propose we find the resources to construct a ship capable of sailing to Awindar? Not to mention the time expense required for that job!"

"Oh, boys." As one, the remaining representatives of the Kingdom's government turned toward the new voice. There, in the doorway, stood Royal. She winked. "I think you'll find that time is one of my specialties."

The Night Palace

Seventh bowed her head, more to hide her confusion than to express loyalty. "My Lord, what do you mean that Romanii is a blank slate?"

Romanii has awakened. But his memories have not.

"You mean, he has amnesia?"

If you like. The shadowy figure loomed over her. His mind is ripe for the darkening. Go to him, Seventh.

Seventh kept her head lowered. "I...I don't know if I can."

Remember what he did to you. How he lied to you. How he regarded your love with contempt.

"Yes...but...."

The truth of the world is unknown to him. Educate him. Endarken him.

"I would have thrown myself into the Openny River to hurt him," Seventh whispered. She remembered that day well. She nearly died. She would have died, if not for GCL. GCL.... Seventh mulled over her image. What would she make of this darkening business?

I know. Seventh couldn't tell if the words were sympathetic or indifferent. She stood.

"I will go to him, my Lord." Turning on her heel, she departed the throne room. The shadowy figure watched her go. Once the doors closed, it spoke.

What do you think, Linkish?

Linkish emerged from the shadows. A skilled assassin, no one had seen him since the Battle of DDO. He had played an instrumental role in killing Ore_Ele. But that was personal. This was business.

"I think I should keep an eye on her, my Lord."

Do so. For you both may understand the truth of the world, but all understandings are not equal. You realize more than she, do you not?

The world had killed GCL. Linkish understood its truths all too well. He nodded.

"Yes, my Lord."
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 1:26:31 PM
I nominate Endark as the #1 egoistical fanfic writer on DDO.

Seriously, he's like some kind of god loaded up on booze or something.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 1:28:28 PM
At 2/4/2015 11:52:30 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I believe the correct line is "Y u hate meh," by the way.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 2:24:34 PM
At 2/4/2015 1:26:31 PM, RevNge wrote:

Lol. What makes you think it's me? I'm one of the only fanfic writers who HASN'T put myself into my story.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 3:40:16 PM
wait, so Uchi and Romanii are two different people? Not fair mannn
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 3:59:50 PM
At 2/4/2015 3:40:16 PM, thett3 wrote:

Right? So crazy! Like Thett and Royal. Two different people. Who would have thought?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 4:02:11 PM
At 2/4/2015 3:59:50 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Right? So crazy! Like Thett and Royal. Two different people. Who would have thought?

hey soulmates, even if they're two pieces of the same soul, aren't literally the same people!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 4:51:06 PM
At 2/4/2015 2:24:34 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Lol. What makes you think it's me? I'm one of the only fanfic writers who HASN'T put myself into my story.

That's what I was thinking as I read it. That you've been dropping all these hints that it's you only to have it be RM in the end or something.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 5:05:52 PM

I directly quote:

Nice try bruh.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 5:11:52 PM
At 2/4/2015 2:26:17 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/4/2015 1:25:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
Me in the first half: http://replygif.net...

xD

Me in the second half: http://replygif.net...

Like...in a good way? Or a bad way?

What do you think? :P
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 5:56:14 PM
At 2/4/2015 5:05:52 PM, RevNge wrote:

I directly quote:

Nice try bruh.

That's a verb, brah.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 5:56:58 PM
At 2/4/2015 4:51:06 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

That's what I was thinking as I read it. That you've been dropping all these hints that it's you only to have it be RM in the end or something.

>:-)
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 7:28:43 PM
At 2/4/2015 4:02:11 PM, thett3 wrote:

hey soulmates, even if they're two pieces of the same soul, aren't literally the same people!

Cermank would like a word with you.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 7:31:36 PM
Uchi grabbed an empty cup from the nightstand and proceeded into the bathroom. He returned moments later with a full cup. A wide grin crossed his face as he knelt beside the bed. With a mother's care, Uchi extracted Rev's arm from beneath the blankets and held his hand above the cup of water. Then he let go.

I actually tried that on someone last summer, lol.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 7:33:11 PM
At 2/4/2015 7:28:43 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 2/4/2015 4:02:11 PM, thett3 wrote:

Cermank would like a word with you.

GETREKT
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 6:40:23 PM
Fvcking brilliant as always man.

Oops, just accidently thought out loud. I mean to say it was great and well done! The writing is precise and concise. The chara ter thouhts are handled well too. Looking forward to the next chapter.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 10:46:14 PM
At 2/5/2015 6:40:23 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Oops, just accidently thought out loud. I mean to say it was great and well done! The writing is precise and concise. The chara ter thouhts are handled well too. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Thank you so much!

*blushes*

Glad your character was spot on!
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 12:18:55 AM
At 2/5/2015 10:46:14 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/5/2015 6:40:23 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Thank you so much!

*blushes*
Anytime m8. I love good writing when I see it.

Glad your character was spot on!
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 3:19:47 PM
The City of Awindar
5 Years Earlier

Wait, it's five years earlier?

So I was eight and Uchi was ten back then?
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 11:43:24 PM
At 2/6/2015 3:19:47 PM, RevNge wrote:
The City of Awindar
5 Years Earlier

Well...you're a but older than that.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 11:44:13 PM
At 2/6/2015 11:43:24 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
The City of Awindar
5 Years Earlier

So I'm eight and butt years old?
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 11:47:42 PM
At 2/6/2015 11:44:13 PM, RevNge wrote:
The City of Awindar
5 Years Earlier

*bit
Dammit
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 12:12:04 PM
At 2/6/2015 11:47:42 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/6/2015 11:44:13 PM, RevNge wrote:
The City of Awindar
5 Years Earlier

*bit
Dammit

LOL