Jump to topic:

Once Upon a DDO S2E5

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 11:23:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Here is the link to episode 4: http://www.debate.org...

The Pollust
9 Weeks Earlier (6 weeks before the Battle of DDO).
\>

Royal held her hands before her and concentrated. The object of her fixation was a single, simple leaf. It had fallen from its home and lay bloodied and abandoned on the road. Royal lowered her hands and picked up the leaf. She turned it over and stroked its red surface, noting its fragility. It was brittle, weak. She could rip it apart if she wasn't careful.

She rested the leaf on her left palm and raised her right above it. She took a deep breath. She had been practicing for a week. She could do this. This was simple. Royal focused.

A small white light emanated from her right hand. Royal's breath caught in her chest. The light was still faint, but she was getting there! She was sure of it. Eagerly, without so much as breathing for the fear of distraction, Royal watched as the light trickled toward the leaf. Her eyes watered. Her body protested the shutdown commanded by her mind. The light seemed to disperse and run in a thousand different directions.

Royal gasped. Only the sheer force of will kept her from falling to her knees. The leaf drifted to the ground. The light was gone.

Gravity lunged at her, and suddenly Royal found herself on all fours. Her shoulders shook. If she couldn't even restore a leaf to its springtime state, how would she ever be able to see Thett? The shadow had told her that if she helped spread the darkening, he would reunite her with Thett and their child in the new world they created. And her first obstacle to all of that was a leaf. A leaf. A. Leaf.

Royal pushed herself upright and wiped her eyes. A Juggle-damned leaf would not get the better of her. She picked up the leaf and prepared to try again. She would master this magic, no matter what. She would spread the darkening. She would see Thett again. She would see her child again. She would not make the mistakes of the past.

She knew Thett was somewhere in the Kingdom. But she couldn't see him again. Not in this world. Not without their child. Her only happiness lay with the shadow.

The light illuminated her hand again. Royal allowed herself a deep sigh. Then she smothered every thought in her mind, save the leaf and her magic. She would not permit further weakness.

Forcing her fragmented self together, Royal cast the spell again. Once more, the white light appeared. It again slowly shifted into a liquid, dripping toward the leaf. The first few drops made contact. For a moment, it looked as though she'd done nothing but spill milk onto the leaf. Then the glow increased. Heat radiated through her palm. She could feel it leaking into the air all around her. But her resolve was steel. She would not stop.

Just as quickly as it had appeared, the light fled. Royal blinked a few times to make sure. Yes. It was gone. Royal directed her gaze to the leaf.

It was green.

The Kingdom of DDO
Present Day

Jonbonbon sat by OncomingStorm's bed. Her disheveled hair ran in every direction. She felt drained. It seemed doubtful that she would ever gain the energy to stand. Her fingers curled and uncurled a portion of the white blanket draped over Storm's body.

Her vigil had only been interrupted by her meltdowns with NiamC. Other than that, and the call of nature, she'd refused to leave the room. NiamC had been forced to bring her meals. A small part of her regretted adding to his workload, especially because she never ate anything he brought, but the rest of her was too numb to mind. Storm had not woken up.

He'd been so brave, helping bsh1 fight Silence or Silent or whomever. Even now, nobody had learned the man's name. Jonbonbon hadn't thought the names of the dead mattered. But now that she might lose Storm....

The door eased open, and NiamC walked into the room. He stopped next to Jonbonbon and placed a hand on her shoulder. Jonbonbon didn't react.

"We really are doing everything we can," NiamC offered.

"He's not awake," Jonbonbon glared at him. "Whatever you're doing isn't enough."

"I'm sure he'd be glad to know you're here with him," NiamC said. Jonbonbon looked down. She didn't have the energy to stay angry. "But you still need to sleep. How long has it been since you did? Three days? Four?"

"I'm fine." Jonbonbon had no interest in arguing this point. Of course, the moment she said it, her body betrayed her by trying to yawn. Jonbonbon buried her face in the blankets to conceal the gesture.

"I brought you something to drink." Jonbonbon glanced up. NiamC was offering her a cup. Hesitantly, she took it.

"Thanks."

"You should keep up your strength too." NiamC walked around to the other side of the bed. He poked a needle into Storm's arm. "Storm wouldn't want you to mistreat yourself like this."

Jonbonbon drank. The water tasted stale. Or maybe that was just her. She couldn't tell, and she didn't really care either. NiamC offered her a warm smile as she returned the cup. "That's it."

Jonbonbon reclined in her chair and watched NiamC putter around Storm for a few moments. Her eyelids drooped. She felt even more tired than she had a few moments ago. Weariness washed through every inch of her body. Every time she blinked, it took a little longer to see again.

"Sorm." She couldn't click her tongue to make the 't' sound.

"That's it," NiamC repeated.

He waited until he was sure Jonbonbon was asleep. Then he left the room, went over to one of the supply closets, and pulled out a spare blanket. The other shelves were empty. The faintest hint of panic flew through his mind. The Health Forum couldn't handle this sort of workload for much longer. He returned to the room and draped the blanket over Jonbonbon. She gave a quiet snore.

"He'll still be here when you wake up," NiamC told his sleeping friend. Then he left again, softly closing the door behind him. There was still a veritable army of patients to be treated.

They needed funding. No, more than that, they needed supplies. And since Awindar had stopped providing them, they were running low. The demand was far greater than what was available. What were the Practitioners thinking? What had inspired them to sever the trade alliance and kidnap President Mikal?

NiamC seldom considered politics, except when they interfered with his work. Their inner mechanisms weren't his specialty. YYW, Bullish, Airmax - even Mikal and the late TUF had been better there. But there must be a way to get to Awindar.

There had to be. Otherwise....well, otherwise, the only thing NiamC could effectively do was thank Juggle that the season of snow had nearly arrived. Otherwise, it would have been impossible to keep the flies away.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 11:24:01 AM
"Royal?"

It didn't matter who had spoken. It could have been any one of the gathered assembly members. It could have been all of them.

"Everyone looks so shocked." Royal sauntered over to Airmax. "It's not like I was dead."

"You've been gone for months!" YYW was standing now. Royal allowed herself a moment to revel in his confusion. It was a rare occurrence to see YYW flummoxed.

"Even I couldn't find you," Airmax added. "Ore_Ele and I searched everywhere."

"Clearly you didn't," Bullish said dryly. He appraised Royal with calculating eyes. "Welcome back, Royal."

"Yes!" bsh1 approached her. "It's great to see you again! Thett would have been so happy...."

"I've heard." Royal cast her eyes downward. "But I'm not going to brood about the past. Thett helped save the Kingdom. He deserves to be honored."

"Indeed." Bullish rose from the bed. "A proper Kingdom rewards its defenders. Why we have honored its attackers as well with that monument Airmax built escapes me."

"They were members of the Kingdom too, Bullish," bsh1 said.

"They were traitors!" Bullish snapped back. "They do not deserve to have their names immortalized."

"Again," Royal chimed in, "you're all focusing on the past. Who did what when. It doesn't matter. The Kingdom has plenty of perils here in the present. You hardly need to manufacture more conflicts." That shut everyone up. Royal smiled inwardly. "Now I hear you need a ship?"

"We're going to sail to Awindar and rescue Mikal," bsh1 said.

"We don't have a ship," General Lannan said. Royal noticed the glance he shot in Airmax's direction.

"We don't have a ship that can make it to Awindar," YYW qualified. "We have a few for fishing purposes."

"Yeah, it'll sink halfway toward the city." Bullish snorted. "We need to be realistic here."

Royal fondled a strand of her hair. "I can get you a ship."

Silence filled the room. Even Airmax didn't have an immediate response. YYW and bsh1 traded glances. Truth, the one person who had yet to speak, rose to stand beside Bullish. "How do you propose to accomplish that? Did you befriend pirates while you were away?"

The mention of pirates twisted something inside Royal's heart. Thett had always loved stories about pirates.

"No," she said, displaying her usual bravado. "But I did learn a trick or two. It turns out Moderators aren't the only ones who can use magic."

"Did you see the Spellmaster?" Bullish asked.

Royal smirked. "That old fool? No. My travels took me much further than his...wherever he resides."

Airmax placed a hand on Royal's shoulder. He stared directly at her. Royal mastered the impulse to flinch. Airmax was powerful, but now, compared to Royal, he was nothing. "Where have you been, Royal?" He asked. His tone wasn't forceful, the way Royal had expected it to be. Rather, it was soft, tender.

"In the darkness," Royal said softly. Her mind recoiled. She hadn't meant to say that! Fortunately, the response was cryptic enough that it was doubtful if anyone else would pick up on it. She cast her gaze about the room. No one regarded her with even a hint of suspicion. Perfect.

"Let's see this ship of yours." Bullish folded his arms over his chest.

Royal smiled sweetly. "Then let's go to the harbor."

bsh1 looked at YYW. "What do you think?"

YYW pulled him in close. "I think we should see what Royal has planned. If it works," and he paused to brush a strand of bsh1's hair out of his eyes, "if it works, then we'll go and save Mikal. Together."

It'll work just fine, Royal thought to herself. I'll get you your ship. We'll all head out to sea together. Anyone who wants to come is welcome. The more, the merrier, as they say. We can make it a regular sea-going party.

And then I will show you all the truth of this world.

The City of Awindar
Present Day

"A most interesting report," Envisage commented. Adam glanced at Yama. (S)he stood just to his right, idly tossing a small throwing knife in the air and catching it on his - her? - palm. "Though it tells us nothing we didn't already know."

"I do not care what you already knew," Yama replied.

"I doubt Bladerunner would pay for old information."

"Bladerunner pays me to do my job. I have done it. It is not my fault if you dislike the results."

Envisage pulled at a loose string in his robe. "Then how about a job with results we can all like?"

The knife landed in Yama's hand. Yama twirled it, the blade slipping between their fingers. "You may proceed."

"In your view, does DK pose a legitimate threat to the Practitioner's sovereignty?"

"No," Adam spoke immediately. "He's failed in every election prior to this. The attitude of the people has not changed."

"The people," Yama said, "are fickle beasts. The crowd liked DK. They are not enough to elect him. But there are more like them. DK is a risk."

"Everything is a risk," Adam rolled his eyes. "A meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all. That's a risk."

"The Forecaster prevents that." Envisage turned to Yama. "What would you propose?"

"My job is to eliminate risks," Yama said. Envisage turned away in silent deliberation.

"For profit," Adam muttered.

Yama threw him a scornful glare. "Everybody works for profit. People only differ in what poison they select."

"Interesting choice of words," Adam kept his gaze level. "Considering."

"You are not even worth my irritation."

Envisage turned to face the pair again. They immediately fell silent. Envisage nodded to himself. "I have come to a decision. Yama, you will assassinate DK. Adam, I wish for you to continue working with Yama. The both of you will regularly update me or Bladerunner. Is that all understood?"

Yama leaned forward. "Let us discuss terms."
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 2:54:03 PM
Aww the little pirate reference in there :')
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 2:56:47 PM
At 2/12/2015 11:57:28 AM, Beginner wrote:
Royal reminds me of Darth Vader.

Does that make me Padme?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 3:06:26 PM
At 2/12/2015 2:56:47 PM, thett3 wrote:

Does that make me Padme?

Idk, I've never seen Star Wars. All I know is that Darth Vader was formerly a protagonist (LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER!!) and is a huge dumbass for joining the dark side.

Yes. I think Royal is being a huge dumbass.
Senpai has noticed you.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 3:11:49 PM
At 2/12/2015 3:06:26 PM, Beginner wrote:

Does that make me Padme?

Idk, I've never seen Star Wars. All I know is that Darth Vader was formerly a protagonist (LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER!!) and is a huge dumbass for joining the dark side.

What can I say? The possibility of being with me makes women do crazy things
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 4:30:14 PM
At 2/12/2015 11:49:13 AM, RevNge wrote:
I do not see meh.

I don't know whether to be angry or relieved.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 5:29:33 PM
At 2/12/2015 3:11:49 PM, thett3 wrote:

Does that make me Padme?

What can I say? The possibility of being with me makes women do crazy things

Nah. Royal's just totally batsht insane.
Senpai has noticed you.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 8:45:25 PM

Does that make me Padme?

Interesting. But all she wants is to help cover the world in darkness so it can be remade and she can be reunited with Thett and her baby. Really, now, is that so bad?
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 8:50:40 PM
At 2/12/2015 4:30:14 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 2/12/2015 11:49:13 AM, RevNge wrote:
I do not see meh.

I don't know whether to be angry or relieved.

I deliberated for a while over whether or not to include your next scene in this episode. It'll definitely be in episode 6.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 8:53:32 PM
At 2/12/2015 8:45:25 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Does that make me Padme?

Interesting. But all she wants is to help cover the world in darkness so it can be remade and she can be reunited with Thett and her baby. Really, now, is that so bad?

It's like trusting the devil to pave the path to heaven. Bad guys never give you exactly what you want. It's narrative canon. *^* (Also narrative canon that bad guys fail. :))
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 8:55:00 PM
For all its worth, I really like royal's determination. That really gets to me.
Senpai has noticed you.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 8:55:14 PM
At 2/12/2015 8:53:32 PM, Beginner wrote:

Does that make me Padme?

It's like trusting the devil to pave the path to heaven. Bad guys never give you exactly what you want. It's narrative canon. *^* (Also narrative canon that bad guys fail. :))

http://m.memegen.com...

^ if the Devil came up to you like that, you wouldn't trust him?
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 8:58:54 PM
At 2/12/2015 8:55:14 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Does that make me Padme?

Knowing that he's the Devil? Probably not.
I'd probably laugh in his face if he were to approach me like that.
Senpai has noticed you.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 8:59:43 PM
At 2/12/2015 8:58:54 PM, Beginner wrote:
At 2/12/2015 8:55:14 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Does that make me Padme?

Knowing that he's the Devil? Probably not.
I'd probably laugh in his face if he were to approach me like that.

So just because he's an entity made of pure darkness who wishes to cover in the world in eternal night, you automatically assume he's the devil? Racist.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 12:14:50 AM
At 2/12/2015 11:23:47 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Here is the link to episode 4: http://www.debate.org...

The Pollust
9 Weeks Earlier (6 weeks before the Battle of DDO)
Royal held her hands before her and concentrated. The object of her fixation was a single, simple leaf. It had fallen from its home and lay bloodied and abandoned on the road.
This small personification is effective. Nice!
Royal lowered her hands and picked up the leaf. She turned it over and stroked its red surface, noting its fragility. It was brittle, weak. She could rip it apart if she wasn't careful.

She rested the leaf on her left palm and raised her right above it. She took a deep breath. She had been practicing for a week. She could do this. This was simple. Royal focused.

A small white light emanated from her right hand. Royal's breath caught in her chest. The light was still faint, but she was getting there! She was sure of it. Eagerly, without so much as breathing for the fear of distraction, Royal watched as the light trickled toward the leaf. Her eyes watered. Her body protested the shutdown commanded by her mind. The light seemed to disperse and run in a thousand different directions.

Vivid as always man.
Royal gasped. Only the sheer force of will kept her from falling to her knees. The leaf drifted to the ground. The light was gone.

Gravity lunged at her, and suddenly Royal found herself on all fours. Her shoulders shook. If she couldn't even restore a leaf to its springtime state, how would she ever be able to see Thett? The shadow had told her that if she helped spread the darkening, he would reunite her with Thett and their child in the new world they created. And her first obstacle to all of that was a leaf. A leaf. A. Leaf.

God f*cking leaves am I right?
Royal pushed herself upright and wiped her eyes. A Juggle-damned leaf would not get the better of her.
Whoops. Sorry I meant Juggle f*cking leaves.
She picked up the leaf and prepared to try again. She would master this magic, no matter what. She would spread the darkening. She would see Thett again. She would see her child again. She would not make the mistakes of the past.

She knew Thett was somewhere in the Kingdom. But she couldn't see him again. Not in this world. Not without their child. Her only happiness lay with the shadow.

An affair?? Royal, why? Why??
The light illuminated her hand again. Royal allowed herself a deep sigh. Then she smothered every thought in her mind, save the leaf and her magic. She would not permit further weakness.

You can do this girl. I know you can.
Forcing her fragmented self together, Royal cast the spell again. Once more, the white light appeared. It again slowly shifted into a liquid, dripping toward the leaf. The first few drops made contact. For a moment, it looked as though she'd done nothing but spill milk onto the leaf. Then the glow increased. Heat radiated through her palm. She could feel it leaking into the air all around her. But her resolve was steel. She would not stop.

Just as quickly as it had appeared, the light fled. Royal blinked a few times to make sure. Yes. It was gone. Royal directed her gaze to the leaf.

It was green.

O.O Now we're talking.

The Kingdom of DDO
Present Day

Jonbonbon sat by OncomingStorm's bed. Her disheveled hair ran in every direction. She felt drained. It seemed doubtful that she would ever gain the energy to stand. Her fingers curled and uncurled a portion of the white blanket draped over Storm's body.

Her vigil had only been interrupted by her meltdowns with NiamC. Other than that, and the call of nature, she'd refused to leave the room. NiamC had been forced to bring her meals. A small part of her regretted adding to his workload, especially because she never ate anything he brought, but the rest of her was too numb to mind. Storm had not woken up.

Lol XD this is similar to Queen Gina's emotional state.
He'd been so brave, helping bsh1 fight Silence or Silent or whomever. Even now, nobody had learned the man's name. Jonbonbon hadn't thought the names of the dead mattered. But now that she might lose Storm....

The door eased open, and NiamC walked into the room. He stopped next to Jonbonbon and placed a hand on her shoulder. Jonbonbon didn't react.

"We really are doing everything we can," NiamC offered.

"He's not awake," Jonbonbon glared at him. "Whatever you're doing isn't enough."

"I'm sure he'd be glad to know you're here with him," NiamC said. Jonbonbon looked down. She didn't have the energy to stay angry. "But you still need to sleep. How long has it been since you did? Three days? Four?"

"I'm fine." Jonbonbon had no interest in arguing this point. Of course, the moment she said it, her body betrayed her by trying to yawn. Jonbonbon buried her face in the blankets to conceal the gesture.

Lol.
"I brought you something to drink." Jonbonbon glanced up. NiamC was offering her a cup. Hesitantly, she took it.

"Thanks."

"You should keep up your strength too." NiamC walked around to the other side of the bed. He poked a needle into Storm's arm. "Storm wouldn't want you to mistreat yourself like this."

Woah! Dude, are you sure Storm would approve of you sticking needles into her whenever you like? :P Lol jk, but I would freak out if suddenly I wake up and there's a needle in my butt.

Jonbonbon drank. The water tasted stale. Or maybe that was just her. She couldn't tell, and she didn't really care either. NiamC offered her a warm smile as she returned the cup. "That's it."

Jonbonbon reclined in her chair and watched NiamC putter around Storm for a few moments. Her eyelids drooped. She felt even more tired than she had a few moments ago. Weariness washed through every inch of her body. Every time she blinked, it took a little longer to see again.
Descriptions, descriptions man. How come you're brilliant at them?

"Sorm." She couldn't click her tongue to make the 't' sound.

Lol, I thought it was a typo at first. :P
"That's it," NiamC repeated.

He waited until he was sure Jonbonbon was asleep. Then he left the room, went over to one of the supply closets, and pulled out a spare blanket. The other shelves were empty. The faintest hint of panic flew through his mind. The Health Forum couldn't handle this sort of workload for much longer. He returned to the room and draped the blanket over Jonbonbon. She gave a quiet snore.

"He'll still be here when you wake up," NiamC told his sleeping friend. Then he left again, softly closing the door behind him. There was still a veritable army of patients to be treated.

I like this NiamC guy. Heroes come in different forms.
They needed funding. No, more than that, they needed supplies. And since Awindar had stopped providing them, they were running low. The demand was far greater than what was available. What were the Practitioners thinking? What had inspired them to sever the trade alliance and kidnap President Mikal?

Oh sht. Same plotline. We both got people kidnapped. I swear I wasn't copying you brah O_O
NiamC seldom considered politics, except when they interfered with his work. Their inner mechanisms weren't his specialty. YYW, Bullish, Airmax - even Mikal and the late TUF had been better there. But there must be a way to get to Awindar.

There had to be. Otherwise....well, otherwise, the only thing NiamC could effectively do was thank Juggle that the season of snow had nearly arrived. Otherwise, it would have been impossible to keep the flies away.

Aaaand we have the same season too. Lolz m8, I have no idea how that happened.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 12:52:20 AM
At 2/12/2015 11:24:01 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
"Royal?"

It didn't matter who had spoken. It could have been any one of the gathered assembly members. It could have been all of them.

"Everyone looks so shocked." Royal sauntered over to Airmax. "It's not like I was dead."

"You've been gone for months!" YYW was standing now. Royal allowed herself a moment to revel in his confusion. It was a rare occurrence to see YYW flummoxed.

She's been training like a badazz guys.

"Clearly you didn't," Bullish said dryly. He appraised Royal with calculating eyes. "Welcome back, Royal."

"Yes!" bsh1 approached her. "It's great to see you again! Thett would have been so happy...."

"I've heard." Royal cast her eyes downward. "But I'm not going to brood about the past. Thett helped save the Kingdom. He deserves to be honored."

Lol Royal.
"Indeed." Bullish rose from the bed. "A proper Kingdom rewards its defenders. Why we have honored its attackers as well with that monument Airmax built escapes me."

"They were traitors!" Bullish snapped back. "They do not deserve to have their names immortalized."

"Again," Royal chimed in, "you're all focusing on the past. Who did what when. It doesn't matter. The Kingdom has plenty of perils here in the present. You hardly need to manufacture more conflicts." That shut everyone up. Royal smiled inwardly. "Now I hear you need a ship?"

"We're going to sail to Awindar and rescue Mikal," bsh1
Juggle damn it. Our kidnapped people both have 'Mikal' in their names. Why are Mikals always getting themselves captured lol.

"We don't have a ship," General Lannan said. Royal noticed the glance he shot in Airmax's direction.

"We don't have a ship that can make it to Awindar," YYW qualified. "We have a few for fishing purposes."

"Yeah, it'll sink halfway toward the city." Bullish snorted. "We need to be realistic here."

Silence filled the room. Even Airmax didn't have an immediate response. YYW and bsh1 traded glances. Truth, the one person who had yet to speak, rose to stand beside Bullish. "How do you propose to accomplish that? Did you befriend pirates while you were away?"

The mention of pirates twisted something inside Royal's heart. Thett had always loved stories about pirates.

"No," she said, displaying her usual bravado. "But I did learn a trick or two. It turns out Moderators aren't the only ones who can use magic."

Royal smirked. "That old fool? No. My travels took me much further than his...wherever he resides."

Airmax placed a hand on Royal's shoulder. He stared directly at her. Royal mastered the impulse to flinch. Airmax was powerful, but now, compared to Royal, he was nothing. "Where have you been, Royal?" He asked. His tone wasn't forceful, the way Royal had expected it to be. Rather, it was soft, tender.

Holy epic sht.
"In the darkness," Royal said softly.
F*ck yes.

Her mind recoiled. She hadn't meant to say that! Fortunately, the response was cryptic enough that it was doubtful if anyone else would pick up on it. She cast her gaze about the room. No one regarded her with even a hint of suspicion. Perfect.

YYW pulled him in close. "I think we should see what Royal has planned. If it works," and he paused to brush a strand of bsh1's hair out of his eyes, "if it works, then we'll go and save Mikal. Together."

It'll work just fine, Royal thought to herself. I'll get you your ship. We'll all head out to sea together. Anyone who wants to come is welcome. The more, the merrier, as they say. We can make it a regular sea-going party.

The City of Awindar
Present Day

"A most interesting report," Envisage commented. Adam glanced at Yama. (S)he stood just to his right, idly tossing a small throwing knife in the air and catching it on his - her? - palm. "Though it tells us nothing we didn't already know."

D I'm back!

"Bladerunner pays me to do my job. I have done it. It is not my fault if you dislike the results."

Envisage pulled at a loose string in his robe. "Then how about a job with results we can all like?"

The knife landed in Yama's hand. Yama twirled it, the blade slipping between their fingers. "You may proceed."

Yama is pretty scary isn't he/she?
"In your view, does DK pose a legitimate threat to the Practitioner's sovereignty?"

"No," Adam spoke immediately. "He's failed in every election prior to this. The attitude of the people has not changed."

Perfect answer man. I would have just been like 'uh. . . wut?'
"The people," Yama said, "are fickle beasts. The crowd liked DK. They are not enough to elect him. But there are more like them. DK is a risk."

I like DK though.
"Everything is a risk," Adam rolled his eyes. "A meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all. That's a risk."

Lol Adam is one snark bastard XD
"The Forecaster prevents that." Envisage turned to Yama. "What would you propose?"

"My job is to eliminate risks," Yama said. Envisage turned away in silent deliberation.

LOL, don't mess with her dude. He's Yama Von fu*king Karma.

Lol Adam, you're the only one who's audacious enough to f*ck with the Von Karma.
Yama threw him a scornful glare. "Everybody works for profit. People only differ in what poison they select."

Oh man, this is tense.

You're ice cold man.
Envisage turned to face the pair again. They immediately fell silent. Envisage nodded to himself. "I have come to a decision. Yama, you will assassinate DK. Adam, I wish for you to continue working with Yama. The both of you will regularly update me or Bladerunner. Is that all understood?"

Yes sir. Just don't blame me if I accidently kill Yama.

5000 elos. Give or take. What Envisage? We're professionals man'

Juggle! That was really good Endark :)

I really wonder if Adam and Yama will fall in love or something. That would be one hell of a plot twist XD I also like Envisage, he's intriguing. And Royal reminds me of Queen Regina. Dunno why. She's interesting.

As always, I'm looking forward to the next episode!
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 12:23:04 AM
At 2/14/2015 12:52:20 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

She's been training like a badazz guys.

Yeah, she turned a leaf green and everything!

"Clearly you didn't," Bullish said dryly. He appraised Royal with calculating eyes.

"We're going to sail to Awindar and rescue Mikal," bsh1
Juggle damn it. Our kidnapped people both have 'Mikal' in their names. Why are Mikals always getting themselves captured lol.

That...is a good question. I suppose it's for the same reason that our stories are set at the same time. :-)

Holy epic sht.

Oh?

"In the darkness," Royal said softly.
F*ck yes.

(-: <3

Her mind recoiled. She hadn't meant to say that! Fortunately, the response was cryptic enough that it was doubtful if anyone else would pick up on it. She cast her gaze about the room. No one regarded her with even a hint of suspicion. Perfect.

The City of Awindar
Present Day

D I'm back!

Yes. Yes you are. I have plans for you.

Yama is pretty scary isn't he/she?

I certainly hope so! Glad you got that impression!

Perfect answer man. I would have just been like 'uh. . . wut?'

Lol. You wouldn't be employed very long xD

I like DK though.

TRAITOR

Lol Adam is one snark bastard XD

You approve?

LOL, don't mess with her dude. He's Yama Von fu*king Karma.

Lol Adam, you're the only one who's audacious enough to f*ck with the Von Karma.

Sounds like a ship to me.

Oh man, this is tense.

You're ice cold man.

Or woman. Or both.

Yes sir. Just don't blame me if I accidently kill Yama.

LOL. We'll see what Yama has to say about that.

5000 elos. Give or take. What Envisage? We're professionals man'

Juggle! That was really good Endark :)

Thank you!

I really wonder if Adam and Yama will fall in love or something. That would be one hell of a plot twist XD I also like Envisage, he's intriguing. And Royal reminds me of Queen Regina. Dunno why. She's interesting.

From Once Upon a Time? Glad you find her interesting, at any rate! As well as your...romantic future. Oh, so much to look forward to!

As always, I'm looking forward to the next episode!
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 1:09:51 AM
Sooo... Is Envisage stronger than Yama? I'm not sure.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 4:52:26 AM
At 2/15/2015 12:18:01 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You give great comments, Adam! Thanks!

You too! Hope you keep commenting. (no else does at this moment.)