Jump to topic:

A Game of DDO Season 2: Chapter 2

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:02:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Welcome to the second chapter of AGOD. I have to say that I'm honestly pumped for this season. I hope you guys are too.

For those who need a refresher, here is a brief synopsis of the events that occurred at the end of Season 1:

Bastard Adamus Snow of house Bluesteel decides to drink away his sorrows with his squire JIbber during the wedding of his childhood friend Lady Elizabeth of house Mikal. Lord Altar, Adamus's father, decides to take Queen Gina of house Loria and her child to flee into the Illiquirian mountains, when he receives word that a tyrant who calls himself 'the Lord of darkness' is deciding to raid the city and kidnap Queen Gina. Lady Elizabeth escapes the wedding with her husband, Lord Romani when the wedding is invaded with bandits. She and Romani meet with Altar and the Queen and altogether, attempt to escape the castle. But on their way to the secret tunnels, at the balcony garden, they encounter Adamus, who is drunk, and his squire, with an injured ankle. At the balcony, bandits appear from all sides, including from the entrance to the secret tunnels. The group is attacked. Adamus gets an arrow shot in his leg. Lord Altar suffers from a knife wound in his shoulder. In the end, the group manage to fend off the raiders long enough for Ser Anthony's rescue party to arrive. The raiders retreat, unable to capture the Queen. Her son, the prince of Daltonia, dies however, from a concussion. And Adamus finds out that Lady Elizabeth was kidnapped in place of the Queen.

A month has passed. Jibber is in jail for allowing his master, Adamus, to drink against the law. Queen Zarroete prepares close to a million dragon eggs for the Lord of Darkness in exchange for a 'gift.'

And thus begins the second season of A Game of DDO.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:02:53 AM
====================
Father, son and bastard
====================

Lord Altar gazed into the mirror. His face was stricken with stubs of grey beard, reaching towards his ear. His head was balding and what little hair he had left, he wished he could shave it all off. But he wouldn't. He had already lost most of his dignity since the night of the raid. He would not lose what shred of dignity he had left.

He knew he let the raiders kill her child that night. There was no excuse he could make. He had not been strong enough to protect the both of them. He had failed the Queen.

Forgive me, my queen, he thought. But as usual, his words would not be heard by the Queen. She remained locked in her room, where only her handmaidens would enter to bring her warm steak or steamed potatoes on bread. And always, she did not finish her dishes. For the past month, she had been mourning for her loss. And all because of Lord Altar.

My fault. All my bloody fault.

He gripped the table edge tighter, staring furiously at the mirror. At his pathetic self. He stood straighter, eyeing himself and making sure he looked sharp and powerful. He hoped it was intimidating enough. He needed it for his upcoming meeting.

A knock came from the door behind him.

"Come in." He called out, turning to see his son Stormborn Romani enter the antechamber. Romani looked around the room, seemingly dazzled.

"I wish my room was as gorgeous as this. I know don't come often, though I wish I could. Sorry father, I've just been too busy lately," Romani told Altar.

"What do you need son?" Altar asked his son, knowing exactly what he wanted.

"It's about the mission," Romani replied, caressing an armour that Altar kept on display. Altar felt a slight sensation at the back of his head. Like an itch that irritated him.

"Yes. I told you already. That's not possible."

Romani raised an eyebrow. "No? Just release the squire. Adam will surely come along, after some sulking about going with me, and then with the others that I've chosen already, we will make the journey."

"He's in prison." Altar said, emphasising the word by gritting his teeth. He stared at his son with a hard look. "I do not just release my prisoners whenever I like. Laws cannot be broken."

"Laws you made, father." Romani persisted. He held out his hand, gesturing at Altar. "And only you can break them."

The itch returned. A little more irritating this time. "Careful child," Lord Altar said with a quiet tone. "I'm a man of honour. Not a corrupt governor." But he softened, he did not wish to argue with his son.

"Go. Take someone else. There are more suitable partners for your mission."

Romani was undeterred. "No," he said firmly. "The only person who cares about Liz enough to give up his life other than me is my cousin, Adam. And the only person willing to die for Adam and skilful enough to fight the Lord of Darkness's army is his squire, Jibber. So please, father, re-consider this." Romani was close to tears, pleading Altar. "She's out there father. Waiting for me. Your men? The more suitable ones? They're all useless. Untrained. And the trained ones, the strong ones? You're hoarding all of them in the castle for the supposed second attack of the Lord of Darkness."

Lord Altar sighed and sat on a stool. He understood his son's point. There were very little men the high council would let Romani take. But did he not understand too that it was just as much risk to let Ser Anthony go along with him? Ser Anthony was one of the greatest knights in all of Daltonia's bay. Although replaceable, Ser Anthony's leave would have a dire effect on all his soldiers, who all looked up to him for guidance.

But of course, his son was a soldier. A warrior. A Stormborn. He was not a lawmaker, partial ruler or anything of the likes. He would never understand.

"Son, I -" The door burst open before Altar could say anything, loud and forceful. Someone barged straight into his antechamber. Altar's temper seemed to have left him to another realm and he found himself springing up from his seat, eyes blaring with rage.

"Why don't you bloody knock!" He shouted at the intruder, but stopped as he realised who it was. His anger stayed nonetheless.

"Uncle." Adamus stood in front of him, wearing his winter clothing, black and tall. Taller than Lord Altar.

Romani and him exchanged glances, giving each other slight awkward nods.

"Adamus," Altar did not hide his annoyance. "What in the world are you doing here?"

Adamus grinned. "Why, don't you like seeing me? Father."

The anger boiled hotter inside Altar, and then it died. Altar kept a straight face. "Just tell me your business and then you can go back to your bloody whores."

Adamus kept his smile. "I'm here to talk about my squire. The one you're holding prisoner. I want you to release him. And this time, you will have no choice."

"And why is that?" Lord Altar sighed again. It was yet another foolish attempt from the brat to break the law.

There was a pause.

"Because he requests a trial by combat."

Altar was speechless. The boy was more foolish than he had thought.

"You imbecile! You're letting a squire die for the off chance of some idiotic freedom?"

"It was not my decision." But there was some doubt in his tone. "It was Jibber's. And I'm not letting him rot in his cell any longer." He said with finality.

Before Altar could reply, Romani interjected. "Adam's right. You don't have a choice. If the squire requests it, you must accept. It is law." The itch at the back of Altar's head grew larger and larger. He sat back on his chair, rubbing his forehead as he tried to calm himself. Eventually he replied.

"Fine. You will have what you want." He looked at both Adamus and Romani. His two sons. "The trial will begin tomorrow. You have until then to prepare him."

Adamus looked shocked. "To-tomorrow? There's no way he'll be prepared! Give him a week at the very least."

Altar shot him a dark look. "Your squire has no say in that matter. That is law. And he will duel with none other than myself of course. It will be a pity to kill such a young boy, and all because of his trusted master."

Adamus gulped. Good, Altar thought. the boy would learn not to gamble the life of a person the next time.

Altar got up from the chair. "I have a meeting to attend." He turned towards his son Romani who was expressionless. "If the squire survives, he's yours. Then you may tell your brother about the plan."

"What plan?" Adamus asked, looking confused. Altar walked away to the door.

"Oh and Romani my boy." The Stormborn raised an eyebrow. "The only way he would survive, would be to kill me."

Romani's only narrowed his eyes. "He will do no such thing. He only needs to make you surrender."

Altar laughed aloud. "Surrender? Is that how low you think of me? Is that what you think of your father? An honourless man? And I thought you were my son!" He grabbed the door handle and left the room. He tried to hide the fact that he was deeply hurt. A pain in his chest. It did not help that he was already old with age.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:03:13 AM
He had let the Queen's child die, the only prince of Daltonia. He had let Lady Elizabeth, Mikal's only daughter, get kidnapped. And he had failed to protect the kingdom from the Lord of Darkness. What dignity and honour he had was completely stripped away at the night of the raid.

But this time would be different. Altar would not let the boy win the trial. He would gut him before that could happen. And if by some luck the boy does get the upper hand. He swore to himself never to surrender. Never to give in.

Even if it meant his own death.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:06:01 AM
============
False brothers
============

Rev waded through the forest, pushing past the web of branches and tall bushes. Behind him, his partner Phantom followed, tugging along their prisoner, Lady Elizabeth of house Mikal.

He took a glance back at Phantom, the old bear of a man. "Are we there yet?" He called out to him.

"Almost." Phantom grunted back, struggling to pull the prisoner forward. Lady Elizabeth had a rope tied around her neck. She wore a white ghostly dress that once belonged to a whore. Almost transculent so the brothers could feast their eyes on the treasures beneath. If only the treasures beneath were that wonderful to look at anyway. Lady Elizabeth had lost a lot of weight, under-fed, she looked as skinny as a tree branch. He cheeks were starting to hollow and her eyes had turned a light blue. Her black hair was matted with dirt, sticky and clumped together. All around, she stank of horse manure, from the prison she had been held captive.

Rev could not look at her for longer than a second. He could not bare to look at the red marks around her neck and her bloody bare feet. He could not bare to look at how badly the brothers had treated her.

But what could he do about it? Nothing. He was not superior to the brothers. He was equal, just like them.

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" He asked Phantom, looking at the towering trees that surrounded them.

"Aye. Our new camp should be a little more up north. Now quit asking me and keep walking." He grunted again, Lady Elizabeth walked limply behind him.

"So when can we get rid of her? I mean, how long till that b*tch has what the Lord of Darkness wants?"

"You mean a million dragons? Enough to conquer Debateros? Queen Zarroete should be done by now. Who knows? Maybe she changed her mind and broke the deal."

"So then what was the bloody point carrying around this baggage then?" He motioned his head towards Lady Elizabeth. "We've just been wasting our bloody time."

Rev didn't like how he was addressing Lady Elizabeth. Like she was just a useless sack of meat. But he did not want to show Phantom that this troubled him.

"Easy boy." Phantom laughed. "She ain't entirely uselss. Me and the other brothers are gonna have some fun with her later in the night when we reach camp. It's about time. The Lord of Darkness won't be there until a couple of days. And Queen Zarroete isn't visiting any time soon."

Rev was mute.

"You wanna come?" Phantom's voice was hollow, cautious. Even he knew how Rev felt about matters such as this. Rev could hear his partner's heavy breathing behind him as they continued walking past the trees.

"... The lady might tell on you. She might tell Queen Zarro. Then what would happen to us?" Rev tried reasoning with his partner.

"Don't tell me you're scared Rev boy!" His raised voice made Rev jump slighly. "No one is gonna believe this wench." He grabbed Lady Elizabeth's wrist in his hand. She did not resist. "If she tells on us, we'll say she's lying, obviously. Do you really think the Lord of Darkness would actually believe anything this wench says?"

Rev stopped dead in his tracks. He turned to face the man. Phantom was broad on the shoulders, he was wearing a deer hide and in his big hands, was Lady Elizabeth's arm, like a stick stuck inside two boulders. Lady Elizabeth looked almost dead, gazing at the floor. Her cracked lips seemed to mutter something incomprehensible.

"Phantom. Who are we?"

His partner was taken aback. "Brothers of the Lord of Darkness Revy. What you going on a bout?"

"Yes. But who are we really?" His partner looked confused.

Rev told him the answer. "We're egalitarians. We're equals. We believe in equality for all. And yet look at her." He glanced at Lady Elizabeth. "We're keeping a person prisoner."

The man showed a sign of understanding, and his face softened. "For a good cause. We're going to take back the kingdom. Destroy the monarchy."

Rev did not give in. He was half the size of his partner. But he showed no fear. Phantom owed Rev his life when Rev had saved him back in rat alley. He would never hurt Rev. "Yes. To take back the kingdom. But like this? We're basically keeping a slave here. And now you want to rape her!"

Rev's eyes glowed with ferocity. He glared at Phantom, a flame burning in his heart. Phantom looked shocked.

"You've never complained before. What's gotten into you Revenge?" His voice rumbled, deep with... something. Curiosity? Anger?

"I don't like pretending is all. Pretending that we're doing the right thing. Pretending like we're better than the rest of them! This whole brotherhood f*ckery is fake, Phantom! All of it is just a trick to the fools that we call our brothers! Even you-"

A hand smacked Rev across his ear. He staggered, but kept his footing. Barely. "Oi! What the hells was that -" But he stopped when he saw Phantom loom over him, with dark eyes.

"Keep yer mouth shut Revy. You've been a bloody siren this entire trek." Rev could not say a word. Fear struck him deep. He had his hand on the dagger by his hip. Eventually Phantom backed off, becoming his usual self again.

"Alright! Time to get me a hot bath and have a drink with the brothers. You can come too of course Rev boy" He moved past Rev with Lady Elizabeth dragged behind, whistling. For a moment, their eyes met and Rev saw into her empty blue eyes. He saw the despair.

Phantom was a couple of shield in front. Rev could not tell what the bear of a man was thinking. He felt hurt, betrayed, that his partner had hit him. But there was something else he felt. A sort of pity for his lost brother. Blinded by the mead, whores and privilege. Phantom was no longer the old man he had met in rat alley. Where he was a fair man with an iron heart. Where he had almost been a brother to Rev. The new brother to replace the one that Rev had lost years before.

He tried to remember his brother's face. But he could not even remember his name. He shook his head and stared at his partner's back.

He needed to do something.

But what? What was there to do? The brothers would not listen to him. Big old Mikey or Lordy would not have a care whether or not one of his prisoners were being raped. And Queen Zarro... Would she care? No, he decided. She would not. She did not believe in equality like Rev did.

There was only one thing to do.

The group reached the camp later that evening. Rev got into his own tent, resting on the barren floor, not bothering with the carpet. Outside, he could hear the brothers gathering, making a campfire and laughing over bottles of mead. He formulated his plan. Thinking it over and over. Night had come eventually. The stars plain visible, and here up in the north they streaked across the sky in millions. As if the sky was laden with a million million glowing dragons.

A few hours later, the brothers had gone to sleep and Rev was alone to his own breathing and his thoughts. He crept out of his tent, careful not to make a sound. He knew what to do.

He was going to free lady Elizabeth. And then leave the camp. He was going to abandon his brothers, his home and everything he lived for up until this point. Angel. Phantom. Big Mikey. The brotherhood.

Rev tried to keep his tears from flowing down his cheeks. With a sleeve to his cheek, he made way to the shed where Lady Elizabeth was kept in.

For once in his life. He would do the right thing.

End of Chapter 2
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:12:41 AM
Goddamn it m8. First chance to get laid and I refuse. Y u cockblock meh Adam?

Well...fine, she wasn't that attractive anymore anyway, but still.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:34:17 AM
At 2/13/2015 7:02:16 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Welcome to the second chapter of AGOD. I have to say that I'm honestly pumped for this season. I hope you guys are too.

For those who need a refresher, here is a brief synopsis of the events that occurred at the end of Season 1:

Bastard Adamus Snow of house Bluesteel decides to drink away his sorrows with his squire JIbber during the wedding of his childhood friend Lady Elizabeth of house Mikal. Lord Altar, Adamus's father, decides to take Queen Gina of house Loria and her child to flee into the Illiquirian mountains, when he receives word that a tyrant who calls himself 'the Lord of darkness' is deciding to raid the city and kidnap Queen Gina. Lady Elizabeth escapes the wedding with her husband, Lord Romani when the wedding is invaded with bandits. She and Romani meet with Altar and the Queen and altogether, attempt to escape the castle. But on their way to the secret tunnels, at the balcony garden, they encounter Adamus, who is drunk, and his squire, with an injured ankle. At the balcony, bandits appear from all sides, including from the entrance to the secret tunnels. The group is attacked. Adamus gets an arrow shot in his leg. Lord Altar suffers from a knife wound in his shoulder. In the end, the group manage to fend off the raiders long enough for Ser Anthony's rescue party to arrive. The raiders retreat, unable to capture the Queen. Her son, the prince of Daltonia, dies however, from a concussion. And Adamus finds out that Lady Elizabeth was kidnapped in place of the Queen.

A month has passed. Jibber is in jail for allowing his master, Adamus, to drink against the law. Queen Zarroete prepares close to a million dragon eggs for the Lord of Darkness in exchange for a 'gift.'

I really like this one, a lot. I like especially what you've done with Rev's character. That last bit is brilliant. I'm extremely impressed.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:37:38 AM
At 2/13/2015 7:02:53 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
====================
Father, son and bastard
====================

Lord Altar gazed into the mirror. His face was stricken with stubs of grey beard, reaching towards his ear. His head was balding and what little hair he had left, he wished he could shave it all off. But he wouldn't. He had already lost most of his dignity since the night of the raid. He would not lose what shred of dignity he had left.

Be proud, m8

He knew he let the raiders kill her child that night. There was no excuse he could make. He had not been strong enough to protect the both of them. He had failed the Queen.

Don't be proud, m8. Be stronger.

(Deleted for characters for comments)

"Come in." He called out, turning to see his son Stormborn Romani enter the antechamber. Romani looked around the room, seemingly dazzled.

"I wish my room was as gorgeous as this. I know don't come often, though I wish I could. Sorry father, I've just been too busy lately," Romani told Altar.

Yeah, you know what your son's playing at. Trying to butter you up before asking for money.

"It's about the mission," Romani replied, caressing an armour that Altar kept on display. Altar felt a slight sensation at the back of his head. Like an itch that irritated him.

Hmmm

Romani raised an eyebrow. "No? Just release the squire. Adam will surely come along, after some sulking about going with me, and then with the others that I've chosen already, we will make the journey."

"He's in prison." Altar said, emphasising the word by gritting his teeth. He stared at his son with a hard look. "I do not just release my prisoners whenever I like. Laws cannot be broken."

Yeah but....it was mead though.

"Laws you made, father." Romani persisted. He held out his hand, gesturing at Altar. "And only you can break them."

WELL, FVCK THE RULE OF LAW BRO. DIVINE RIGHT OF KINGS M8

The itch returned. A little more irritating this time. "Careful child," Lord Altar said with a quiet tone. "I'm a man of honour. Not a corrupt governor." But he softened, he did not wish to argue with his son.

Romani was undeterred. "No," he said firmly. "The only person who cares about Liz enough to give up his life other than me is my cousin, Adam. And the only person willing to die for Adam and skilful enough to fight the Lord of Darkness's army is his squire, Jibber. So please, father, re-consider this." Romani was close to tears, pleading Altar. "She's out there father. Waiting for me. Your men? The more suitable ones? They're all useless. Untrained. And the trained ones, the strong ones? You're hoarding all of them in the castle for the supposed second attack of the Lord of Darkness."

Lord Altar sighed and sat on a stool. He understood his son's point. There were very little men the high council would let Romani take. But did he not understand too that it was just as much risk to let Ser Anthony go along with him? Ser Anthony was one of the greatest knights in all of Daltonia's bay. Although replaceable, Ser Anthony's leave would have a dire effect on all his soldiers, who all looked up to him for guidance.

Nah man. I'm not replaceable.

But of course, his son was a soldier. A warrior. A Stormborn. He was not a lawmaker, partial ruler or anything of the likes. He would never understand.

"Son, I -" The door burst open before Altar could say anything, loud and forceful. Someone barged straight into his antechamber. Altar's temper seemed to have left him to another realm and he found himself springing up from his seat, eyes blaring with rage.

"Why don't you bloody knock!" He shouted at the intruder, but stopped as he realised who it was. His anger stayed nonetheless.

"Uncle." Adamus stood in front of him, wearing his winter clothing, black and tall. Taller than Lord Altar.

Well you know what they say about compensation.

"Adamus," Altar did not hide his annoyance. "What in the world are you doing here?"

The anger boiled hotter inside Altar, and then it died. Altar kept a straight face. "Just tell me your business and then you can go back to your bloody whores."

Adamus kept his smile. "I'm here to talk about my squire. The one you're holding prisoner. I want you to release him. And this time, you will have no choice."

"And why is that?" Lord Altar sighed again. It was yet another foolish attempt from the brat to break the law.

There was a pause.

*dramatic lightning*

"You imbecile! You're letting a squire die for the off chance of some idiotic freedom?"

"It was not my decision." But there was some doubt in his tone. "It was Jibber's. And I'm not letting him rot in his cell any longer." He said with finality.

Before Altar could reply, Romani interjected. "Adam's right. You don't have a choice. If the squire requests it, you must accept. It is law." The itch at the back of Altar's head grew larger and larger. He sat back on his chair, rubbing his forehead as he tried to calm himself. Eventually he replied.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT MEAD BRO. CHILL. THIS IS WORSE THAN LES MIS.

"Fine. You will have what you want." He looked at both Adamus and Romani. His two sons. "The trial will begin tomorrow. You have until then to prepare him."

Adamus looked shocked. "To-tomorrow? There's no way he'll be prepared! Give him a week at the very least."

Altar shot him a dark look. "Your squire has no say in that matter. That is law. And he will duel with none other than myself of course. It will be a pity to kill such a young boy, and all because of his trusted master."

Confusing mead with wine and getting people drunk will NOT be tolerated in mah kingdom.

Adamus gulped. Good, Altar thought. the boy would learn not to gamble the life of a person the next time.

Altar got up from the chair. "I have a meeting to attend." He turned towards his son Romani who was expressionless. "If the squire survives, he's yours. Then you may tell your brother about the plan."

"Oh and Romani my boy." The Stormborn raised an eyebrow. "The only way he would survive, would be to kill me."

Romani's only narrowed his eyes. "He will do no such thing. He only needs to make you surrender."

Altar laughed aloud. "Surrender? Is that how low you think of me? Is that what you think of your father? An honourless man? And I thought you were my son!" He grabbed the door handle and left the room. He tried to hide the fact that he was deeply hurt. A pain in his chest. It did not help that he was already old with age.

Why you gotta be a dick brah?
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:50:43 AM
At 2/13/2015 7:06:01 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
============
False brothers

Spoilers
============

"Almost." Phantom grunted back, struggling to pull the prisoner forward. Lady Elizabeth had a rope tied around her neck. She wore a white ghostly dress that once belonged to a whore. Almost transculent so the brothers could feast their eyes on the treasures beneath. If only the treasures beneath were that wonderful to look at anyway. Lady Elizabeth had lost a lot of weight, under-fed, she looked as skinny as a tree branch. He cheeks were starting to hollow and her eyes had turned a light blue. Her black hair was matted with dirt, sticky and clumped together. All around, she stank of horse manure, from the prison she had been held captive.

Poor Lady Elizabeth.

Rev could not look at her for longer than a second. He could not bare to look at the red marks around her neck and her bloody bare feet. He could not bare to look at how badly the brothers had treated her.

But what could he do about it? Nothing. He was not superior to the brothers. He was equal, just like them.

Equality in DEATH!

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" He asked Phantom, looking at the towering trees that surrounded them.

"So when can we get rid of her? I mean, how long till that b*itch has what the Lord of Darkness wants?"

This seems to refer to Lady Elizabeth, but Queen Zarro would make more sense.

"You mean a million dragons? Enough to conquer Debateros? Queen Zarroete should be done by now. Who knows? Maybe she changed her mind and broke the deal."

"So then what was the bloody point carrying around this baggage then?" He motioned his head towards Lady Elizabeth. "We've just been wasting our bloody time."

Rev didn't like how he was addressing Lady Elizabeth. Like she was just a useless sack of meat. But he did not want to show Phantom that this troubled him.

"Easy boy." Phantom laughed. "She ain't entirely uselss. Me and the other brothers are gonna have some fun with her later in the night when we reach camp. It's about time. The Lord of Darkness won't be there until a couple of days. And Queen Zarroete isn't visiting any time soon."

*sighs*

Rev was mute.

"You wanna come?"

You have no shame.

Phantom's voice was hollow, cautious. Even he knew how Rev felt about matters such as this. Rev could hear his partner's heavy breathing behind him as they continued walking past the trees.

She ain't got the right equipment for Rev. :-)

"... The lady might tell on you. She might tell Queen Zarro. Then what would happen to us?" Rev tried reasoning with his partner.

"Don't tell me you're scared Rev boy!" His raised voice made Rev jump slighly. "No one is gonna believe this wench." He grabbed Lady Elizabeth's wrist in his hand. She did not resist. "If she tells on us, we'll say she's lying, obviously. Do you really think the Lord of Darkness would actually believe anything this wench says?"

Queen Zarro might tho.

Rev stopped dead in his tracks. He turned to face the man. Phantom was broad on the shoulders, he was wearing a deer hide and in his big hands, was Lady Elizabeth's arm, like a stick stuck inside two boulders. Lady Elizabeth looked almost dead, gazing at the floor. Her cracked lips seemed to mutter something incomprehensible.

"Phantom. Who are we?"

His partner was taken aback. "Brothers of the Lord of Darkness Revy. What you going on a bout?"

Rev told him the answer. "We're egalitarians. We're equals. We believe in equality for all. And yet look at her." He glanced at Lady Elizabeth. "We're keeping a person prisoner."

Well look at you, Rev.

The man showed a sign of understanding, and his face softened. "For a good cause. We're going to take back the kingdom. Destroy the monarchy."

Rev did not give in. He was half the size of his partner. But he showed no fear. Phantom owed Rev his life when Rev had saved him back in rat alley. He would never hurt Rev. "Yes. To take back the kingdom. But like this? We're basically keeping a slave here. And now you want to rape her!"

"You've never complained before. What's gotten into you Revenge?"

Not Lady Elizabeth, that's for sure.

His voice rumbled, deep with... something. Curiosity? Anger?

"I don't like pretending is all. Pretending that we're doing the right thing. Pretending like we're better than the rest of them! This whole brotherhood f*ckery is fake, Phantom! All of it is just a trick to the fools that we call our brothers! Even you-"

Now you've gone too far.

A hand smacked Rev across his ear. He staggered, but kept his footing. Barely. "Oi! What the hells was that -" But he stopped when he saw Phantom loom over him, with dark eyes.

"Keep yer mouth shut Revy. You've been a bloody siren this entire trek." Rev could not say a word. Fear struck him deep. He had his hand on the dagger by his hip. Eventually Phantom backed off, becoming his usual self again.

Phantom won't hurt me -
*btchslap*

"Alright! Time to get me a hot bath and have a drink with the brothers. You can come too of course Rev boy" He moved past Rev with Lady Elizabeth dragged behind, whistling. For a moment, their eyes met and Rev saw into her empty blue eyes. He saw the despair.

Phantom was a couple of shield in front. Rev could not tell what the bear of a man was thinking. He felt hurt, betrayed, that his partner had hit him. But there was something else he felt. A sort of pity for his lost brother. Blinded by the mead, whores and privilege. Phantom was no longer the old man he had met in rat alley. Where he was a fair man with an iron heart. Where he had almost been a brother to Rev. The new brother to replace the one that Rev had lost years before.

Uchi? xD
Sorry. OUAD reference,

He tried to remember his brother's face. But he could not even remember his name. He shook his head and stared at his partner's back.

Or someone.

But what? What was there to do? The brothers would not listen to him. Big old Mikey or Lordy would not have a care whether or not one of his prisoners were being raped. And Queen Zarro... Would she care? No, he decided. She would not. She did not believe in equality like Rev did.

Ain't that the truth.

Stab Phantom and free Elizabeth?

The group reached the camp later that evening. Rev got into his own tent, resting on the barren floor, not bothering with the carpet. Outside, he could hear the brothers gathering, making a campfire and laughing over bottles of mead. He formulated his plan. Thinking it over and over. Night had come eventually. The stars plain visible, and here up in the north they streaked across the sky in millions. As if the sky was laden with a million million glowing dragons.

A few hours later, the brothers had gone to sleep and Rev was alone to his own breathing and his thoughts. He crept out of his tent, careful not to make a sound. He knew what to do.

He was going to free lady Elizabeth. And then leave the camp. He was going to abandon his brothers, his home and everything he lived for up until this point. Angel. Phantom. Big Mikey. The brotherhood.

Rev tried to keep his tears from flowing down his cheeks. With a sleeve to his cheek, he made way to the shed where Lady Elizabeth was kept in.

I'm sure this won't turn bad in any way whatsoever.

End of Chapter 2
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 12:11:59 AM
At 2/13/2015 10:12:41 AM, RevNge wrote:
Goddamn it m8. First chance to get laid and I refuse. Y u cockblock meh Adam?

Whoever said you were a virgin ;)
Well...fine, she wasn't that attractive anymore anyway, but still.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 12:14:24 AM
At 2/13/2015 10:34:17 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

I really like this one, a lot. I like especially what you've done with Rev's character. That last bit is brilliant. I'm extremely impressed.

I'm glad X) Of course, this is just the beginning.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:19:49 AM
At 2/13/2015 10:37:38 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:02:53 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
====================
Father, son and bastard
====================

Be proud, m8
Of being bald XD

Don't be proud, m8. Be stronger.
Lol

(Deleted for characters for comments)
Wait, what were they though ??

Yeah, you know what your son's playing at. Trying to butter you up before asking for money.
F*cking lol.

Hmmm
huh?

Yeah but....it was mead though.
Pure mead XD

WELL, FVCK THE RULE OF LAW BRO. DIVINE RIGHT OF KINGS M8
ROFL

Nah man. I'm not replaceable.
Lol XD

Well you know what they say about compensation.
I'm dying!

There was a pause.

*dramatic lightning*
Damn. Should have added something similar.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT MEAD BRO. CHILL. THIS IS WORSE THAN LES MIS.

Confusing mead with wine and getting people drunk will NOT be tolerated in mah kingdom.
XD Nobody screws with Lord Altar. Nobody. *serious stare*

Why you gotta be a dick brah?
X)
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:27:33 AM
At 2/13/2015 10:50:43 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:06:01 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
============
False brothers

Spoilers
Lol, god damnit ! XD
============

Poor Lady Elizabeth.

Equality in DEATH!

"So when can we get rid of her? I mean, how long till that b*itch has what the Lord of Darkness wants?"

This seems to refer to Lady Elizabeth, but Queen Zarro would make more sense.
Whoops. Sorry for the confusion. Yup, you're right.

*sighs*

Rev was mute.

"You wanna come?"

You have no shame.

Phantom's voice was hollow, cautious. Even he knew how Rev felt about matters such as this. Rev could hear his partner's heavy breathing behind him as they continued walking past the trees.

She ain't got the right equipment for Rev. :-)
Lol Rev was b*tching about the same thing.

Queen Zarro might tho.

"Phantom. Who are we?"

Well look at you, Rev.

"You've never complained before. What's gotten into you Revenge?"

Not Lady Elizabeth, that's for sure.

His voice rumbled, deep with... something. Curiosity? Anger?

Now you've gone too far.

Phantom won't hurt me -
*btchslap*

Uchi? xD
Sorry. OUAD reference,

Or someone.

Ain't that the truth.

Stab Phantom and free Elizabeth?

(deleted for space for comments)

I'm sure this won't turn bad in any way whatsoever.

Thank you for commenting Endark. Couldn't reply to everything since I might give spoilers. But thanks for the comments anyway XD!
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:45:22 AM
At 2/14/2015 12:14:24 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 2/13/2015 10:34:17 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

I'm glad X) Of course, this is just the beginning.
Can't wait!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam