Jump to topic:

DDO House of Cards (Episode 13)

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 9:38:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is the penultimate episode of the first season of DDO House of Cards. I was originally planning on making this a 2-parter to finish off the season today, but I haven't finished writing the last part, so I'll just make that the 14th episode, and extend it.

So, without further ado...

DDO House of Cards
Episode 13
Written by: Daytonanerd
=============================================================
With my morning tea in hand, I took a look at the day's Washington Post, and saw a headline that gave me so much joy:

'Gay Senator YYW Whores Out!'

I love how such an esteemed newspaper like the Washington Post will devolve themselves to a tabloid-like simplicity when stories like these break. It just makes my day, seeing their hypocrisy displayed quite openly on every newsstand in the city.

I got a phone call right then. I knew who to expect.

"Are you shocked, my dear?"-Seventhprofessor

"Not in the least, Seventh"- Daytonanerd

That was a bit of a shock.

"Were you expecting someone else, Seventh? Like, perhaps, YYW? I would be pretty mad too, if someone I had a one-night stand with decided to post some quite embarassing pictures of me iin the newspaper, while photoshopping themselves out."- Daytona

I grit my teeth.

"How the hell did you know that this was me? I had a wife, for Christ's sake!"- Seventh

"Well, where is she now, Seventh? If she was around, I'm sure she wouldn't be happy with you toying around with YYW for political advantage. It was quite obvious, really. One simply had to connect the dots... Or track every senator..."- Daytona

"... What did you say?"- Seventh

"You heard me loud and clear. I have been tracking the movements of every senator ever since I got to this godforsaken town. If something like this ever happened, I'd be prepared. So tell me, Seventh, why shouldn't I use these pictures to my advantage? Say, sometime in the future? I don't think you're confident that you can hold the original pictures in your possession much longer."- Daytona

"Daytona, you know I am your ally with the most power and influence. I think you need me more than I need you. You're just another annoying senator without me."- Seventh

"Perhaps.. Alright, I'll play along, but this deepens your hole with me, you know that. And considering these pictures, I think you have experience with deep holes."- Daytona

"F*ck off."- Seventh

I hung up the phone. Not 5 seconds later did I get another call.

"Why hello there. Shocked?"- Seventh

"WHAT THE F*CKING HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU CORRUPT SOUTHERN HICK BASTARD?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?"- YYW

That was what I was expecting

"Oh calm down, YYW. These pictures aren't that bad."- Seventh

"Not that bad? NOT THAT F*CKING BAD?!?!?!? THIS IS THE END OF MY POLITICAL CAREER!!!!!!! THIS IS THE END OF MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY FANTASTIC BOYFRIEND!!!! WELL NO WAY MISTER!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH DESTROYING MY LIFE!!! NO SIR!!! I AM GOING TO DESTROY ANY CHANCE OF YOU MOVING UP FROM YOUR $HITTY POST!!!! THIS WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL!!! WHEN I CONTACT BSH, IT'LL BE-"- YYW

I hung up right then and there, and called Bsh, who, at this point, was probably dead on the inside.

"Hey, Bsh? It's me, Seventh. I saw what happened in the paper this morning. That is really terrible. I am so sorry."- Seventh

"*sigh* No, it's not your fault, Seventh. I put all of my trust into that lying bastard. God, my life is ruined. He was the love of my life, man! What do I do now? Where do I go from here? He was my everything. And then he threw it all away. What did I do wrong? How did I let him slip away?"- Bsh

"Bsh, this was not your fault. YYW is the one with the problem. He did come across as the kind of guy who was never satisfied, and would come up with lies to try and pin the blame on other people. This cheating, it is just the evolution of his problems. I am just sorry that he got you involved with this $hit. But believe me, Bsh. There are many men who'd be happy to have you. You're a great guy, and any guy in the world would be lucky to have you. Hell, I am happy to have you as a friend. Believe me, you have a lot of good left in you, to share to the world."- Seventh

"Thanks, Seventh. You really know how to bring a guy up. Oh, it looks like YYW is trying to call me. I don't think I should answer, should I?"- Bsh

"No, Bsh. He'll probably just try and spout out lies. In fact, he called me just before I got to call you, and he was just blowing hot air, blaming the system and the tabloid culture for causing this. All of that kind of nonsense."- Seventh

"Wait, he called you before he called me?! That bastard! Always making me the last priority! Well, I won't have it anymore. I'm done. I'll kiss his @ss goodbye. This has been a kind of problem, but doing it now, he's made me realized that I can't stand that type of person. I'm finished. Thanks for the encouragement, Seventh!"- Bsh

"No problem, Bsh. Anything for a friend."- Seventh

"By the way, I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but we need some good news to brighten the morning, you are the frontrunner for the VP slot!"- Bsh

"Really? That's wonderful! I wasn't expecting my name to come up in these talks!"- Seventh

"Yeah, I and a couple of the president's friends vetted you for the spot, and it seems to be the one Airmax likes, at this point. We'd like to see a strong VP after seeing how Thett was, and we think that you are a very strong man to have in our corner, especially after passing the healthcare bill. Hell, we even think you have a shot at being the president after Airmax is done in office in 6 1/2 years!"- Bsh

"You're too kind, Bsh. It does seem a bit early to think about the presidency, but I guess it doesn't hurt to keep it in the back of my mind."- Seventh

"Well, after seeing what you've accomplished in your career, you do have that kind of presidential caliber potential."- Bsh

"Thanks for the flattery, Bsh. I really must be going now. I wish you good luck, and I hope you make it through alright!"- Seventh

"Same to you, buddy!"- Bsh

Oh Bsh. I'm so glad you've vested your trust and loyalty in me. What will be your reward for such dedication? Maybe a tad bit of mercy? I don't think I can guarantee that. I don't think I'll ever guarantee that.
I looked out of my scenic office window, enjoying the site of a city in a printed form of chaos. I'd imagine that YYW's office across the street was probably dealing with a $hitstorm of press. And what better way is there to get away from the press than getting in your car and driving away? That's why...

"Hey, Seventh, you called?"- Yay

"Yes, Yay. Did you attach the device already?"- Seventh

"Of course I did. I set these things up well ahead of time. We should be hearing or seeing the results any minute now. You know, you're starting to worry me, Seventh."- Yay

"Why is that, Yay?"- Seventh

"You've been kind of a recluse in your office, solely calling the shots from your office. You've got to go out once in a-"- Yay

A loud boom resounded in the air

"Did you just hear what I hear, Yay?"- Seventh

"Oh, I did, Seventh. I did. The results."- Yay

"Alright, I'll talk to you soon. Goodbye."- Seventh

I turned on to television, to CNN, to hear the breaking news:

"An explosion has occurred in the parking lot of the Congressional Offices in Washington. From reports, it is believed that the explosion came from the car of embattled Senator YYW, in the middle of a crowd of journalists."- CNN

Goodbye, YYW. This is not what you intended, but it was what you had coming.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 10:24:06 AM
I've also taken notice to the fact that, looking back, there are a lot of characters who haven't been making appearances, recently. I hope to bring back at least some of these characters in the finale and season 2.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 5:13:15 PM
oh sht
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...