Jump to topic:

DDO The Walking Dead: Uprising, Ep 7

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 10:32:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yama finally stopped sprinting and turned down a back alley, with a winded RevNge and That1 User just behind him. Yama was a logistics adviser to a warehouse chain whose HQ was located in Manhattan, and as part of his job he had to routinely investigate and examine various locations that were all part of the industry, including a truck depot tucked into an alley in middle Manhattan. Yama also knew that because the truck depot was so tucked away and private that they didn't even need to have security in order to safeguard the vehicles. Drivers were allowed to leave their keys near the front tires since there wasn't a single instance of a truck getting stolen while this practice went on for the past 7 years.

"Here, Ve can get a truck and plow our way out of Manhattan if we have to" - Yama said, walking towards the first truck near him. It wasn't the size of the semi that annihilated their ambulance just a few minutes earlier, but it was definitely big enough to brush aside any cars or zombies that might get in their way

"Will we all be able to fit in there?" - Rev asked
"It vill be small, but ve can use zhis truck to get to a larger truck depot outside of Manhattan vhere ve can get a bigger truck. Until zhen, zis vill do." - Yama said, after locating the keys and hopping inside. "Zhere is only one slight problem"
"What?" - Rev

"I don't really know how to drive a truck" - Yama

==================================

Endarkened and Wylted made their way back towards New York Methodist hospital, but traffic was at a standstill. Anybody who didn't know a zombie apocalypse was going on knew about it by now, and everyone began to try to escape Manhattan while they thought they still could, completely clogging down all the bridges and tunnels leading off the island. Even trying to use the emergency lanes didn't resolve the situation, because other people tried the same idea only to clog those lanes up as well.

"Endarkened we would need a damn helicopter to get out of here." - Wylted said after several minutes of not moving.
"Well what the hell do you propose we do then, walk?" - Endarkened
"It's worth a shot, the traffic certainly isn't going to get any better!" - Wylted
"What if we run into zombies?" - Endarkened
"What if zombies run into us while we're in here because we are waiting for the cars to move?" - Wylted countered.
"We're not leaving the car" - Endarkened
"Every minute we waste in here is another minute where Esocial could be killed by God knows what..." - Wylted.

Endarkened sighed in defeat, because Wylted had a really good point. Every minute the two would spend just sitting there was another minute where Esocial was left on her own. Endarkened was about to resign and agree that it would be better to move on foot, when a sound caught his ear.

It was soft at first, but then grew increasingly louder and louder, in short bursts to. Endarkened couldn't figure out what it was, it sounded almost like metal being smashed.

He glanced up in his rear-view mirror to see a large truck plowing through cars behind him.

==========================

"WOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO" - Yama yelled as the truck tossed aside cars as if they were made of wood. For his first time driving a truck, Yama was as happy as a kid going to Disney World for the first time.

"FOR GODS SAKE MAN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THOSE CARS!" - That1 yelled, gripped in fear at Yama's driving. Yama had the humanity of a regular German, and he drove just as bloody insane as a regular German as well.

The emergency vehicles lane was cluttered with cars. A person on foot or on a motorcycle could have made their way up the lane with ease without stopping and hitting anything else, but that was of no concern to Yama as the truck he piloted knocked aside cars as if he were driving a locomotive.

They only just barely avoided hitting the car that Endarkened and Wylted were sitting in.

===========================

"Jesus Christ!" - Wylted said as the truck barreled past, knocking cars clean out of its way. The front of the truck was taking a pounding, but the truck plowed right on through, clearing a path behind it in the process.

Endarkened recognized the opportunity and wasted no time. Quickly getting over his shock and surprise, Endarkened stepped on the gas and pulled into the lane that the truck ahead of them was paving. While Endarkened was concerned about what kind of madman was piloting the truck, he wasn't about to pass up the chance to finally get across the Brooklyn Bridge and start speeding towards New York Methodist.

In the end though, the stroke of good luck didn't change what would be the ultimate outcome.

============================

The doors to the ICU in the hospital did not have locks on them so that doctors wouldn't be potentially locked out from a patient who began to flat-line. This was not good news for Esocial, who after calling out for a nurse quickly encountered the zombies that had overrun the hospital. She limped as fast as she could on a broken leg back to her room and tried to shut the door, but the zombies tailed her all the way, and several of them had stuck in their arms, legs, and even heads into the doorframe before Esocial could get it shut. She then used the entire weight of her body to try to keep the door pinned closed, but she would not be able to hold out against the force of a half-dozen zombies for long.

The loud struggle only caught the attention of more zombies in the hospital who soon joined in the siege. After several minutes of heroic resistance where she tried to hold out for some miracle to occur, Esocial simply ran out of energy and let up, causing zombies to finally make their way into the room.

============================

"We're being followed!" - Rev called out to Wylted, noticing the car being driven by Endarkened tailing behind them.

"Sh**, zhey might be trying to steal zhe truck!" - Yama said, letting his imagination run wild and arriving at the worst possibility. Rev and That1 also pondered over the idea, but being gripped in fear at Yama"s crazy driving had inebriated their ability to think rationally.

Yama took matters into his own hands. Many of the cars trying to go through the Brooklyn Bridge were turning south towards Staten Island in order to get get further inland. Turning North would only take them back towards Manhattan where everyone was trying to get out of. And going west would be a dead end as well, since everything west was part of a big island as well. West though was where the bigger truck depot was located, so Yama decided to plow through all lanes of traffic to break through and lose their pursuers. What he didn't know though was that Endarkened and Wylted behind them were also trying to head west, towards New York Methodist Hospital.

Yama found a narrow line through the street lanes where the cars were bumper to bumper. It was along this line that the cars that would part like the Red Sea once the truck plowed right through, ensuring minimal resistance.

He yanked the steering wheel hard to the right, and then even harder to the left to align the truck towards his target with ever increasing speed. He nearly caused the truck to roll over onto its side both times in the process, with the wheels coming off the ground on the second big turn. It stayed upright though, and the truck then plowed through several lanes of traffic as it headed further west.

"HAHAHA!" - Yama called out, cheering that his plan actually worked. The road heading west was completely clear of traffic now and nothing was in their way anymore. His elation was short lived though, for in his side mirror, Yama watched as the car that was tailing them maneuvered through the lane he had just cleared, and followed them westwards.

Yama was convinced now that they were being followed.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 10:32:30 AM
"They"re still following us!" - That1 yelled out, glancing out the other side-view mirror and worrying about who would be pursuing them and why.
"What do they want?" - Rev asked
"They want the truck, what do you THINK they want?" - Yama
"Well what are we going to do, they"re pulling up to the side!" - That1
"I have an idea, watch this!" - Yama said, his inner German coming out.

He yanked the steering wheel to the right and took his foot off the gas, causing the truck to suddenly slow down as it pulled away from the car. He then yanked the steering wheel to the left and floored it. He was going to try to run Endarkened and Wylted right off the road.

He miscalculated.

======================

"Sh**!" - Endarkened yelled, but he was too late.

Endarkened had taken his foot off the gas for a moment as a reaction to seeing the truck suddenly slow and veer to the side. He then slammed down on the gas to accelerate past the truck which was driving insanely. The truck though then sped up and lurched back to the left in front of them, only half a car length ahead of them at this point.

Endarkened then yanked the steering wheel to the right, hoping to avoid hitting the back end of the semi and swinging around to the other side of it to pass. Yama though had put too much gas into his second turn, and Endarkened failed to turn fast enough.

Their car plowed right into the back left end of the semi.

The front of their car was immediately totaled, and the force of the semi moving at almost a 90 degree angle to their car caused their car to start spinning like a top, only miraculously not flipping over and coming to a stop in the middle of the road. The engine was killed immediately, and the airbags went off preventing both Endarkened and Wylted from suffering any serious injury.

The same could not be said for Yama, Rev, and That1 though. In Yama"s hard turn to the left, the top-heavy truck began to lean to the right, and the impact from Endarkened"s car only pushed it further into almost falling onto its right side.

Yama slammed on the brakes and yanked the steering wheel back to the right in an attempt to straighten out the semi, but it was too late. The truck plowed right into the cemented guardrails that divided the large road from the other side with oncoming traffic, tearing into the semi"s front left tire and causing debris to explore all over the street. The impact itself caused the truck to roll over onto its right side where Rev and That1 user were sitting, slamming them into the door as the semi itself slammed into the ground before sliding to a stop.

=============================

After a few minutes, Endarkened shoved the deployed airbag out of his face as his brain tried to recalibrate to its surroundings. His mind was spinning like the car had been spinning just moments ago, and Endarkened couldn't even remember his own name or what had happened for a brief moment. he shook himself back into reality and immediately checked his surroundings. He was fine, so was Wylted beside him, but the car was dead silent, not even running even though the keys were in the ignition and switched to "on".

He popped open the car door and stood outside, the street they were on was eerily abandoned despite the crippling gridlock they were in just moments ago, so there was no risk of another 1harderthanyou-like incident of a car coming out of nowhere and just annihilating them.

For now.

Wylted got out of the car on the other side and shook himself loose, checking himself over to see that he was fine as well.

"I think I"m okay" - Wylted said after a self-diagnosis, panting.
"Same". Not so much the car though" - Endarkened said, observing the front of the car that looked like it got hit by a damn meteorite. he glanced back up at Wylted, and followed his gaze towards the other side of the road, towards the overturned truck.

"Should we help them?" - Wylted asked.
"I dunno"." - Endarkened said, gripped in confusion.
"They did just help us get through that traffic, we kinda owe that to them"." - Wylted
"And they just totaled our car, so now we are stuck on foot" - Endarkened.

It was then that they both heard an audible grunt, followed by the shattering of glass. Someone had kicked open part of the windshield to exit from the vehicle.

Endarkened and Wylted exchanged nervous looks, and then gave in to shear curiosity and went to investigate.

==============================

Yama had slithered out of the front of the truck almost immediately and was already on his feet outside of the truck when Rev started to try to kick out the windshield on his half.

"You're an idiot you know that?" - He angrily muttered as Yama pulled him out of the truck with an extended hand.
"I told you I don't really know how to drive a truck" - Yama said, brushing off the insult and helping Rev to his feet.

Both of their faces were cut up pretty bad, Rev suffering from fresh wounds while the cuts that Yama had on his face from the car accident earlier that day were reopened. The bleeding was minimal, but very present, and after a few minutes they would look exactly like what someone would look like if they were living in a zombie apocalypse.

They were caught off guard when Endarkened and Wylted whipped around the corner. Yama instinctively pulled out his gun.

"Whoa, whoa, easy!" - Endarkened said, raising his hands up to his waist as Wylted did the same.

"Vhy vere you following us?" - Yama asked, as Rev pulled the barely-conscious That1 out of the truck.

"We, we were just trying to get around you man." - Wylted
"Yeah, I'm just trying to get to my wife." - Endarkened.
"That's right! She is at New York Methodist Hospital" - Wylted added, establishing their alibi.

Rev and Yama"s eyes perked open a little at hearing the name of the hospital they were at just an hour or so earlier. The two exchanged looks as if they had imagined that they had heard the name of the hospital they were just at, and Wylted lowered his gun a little.

"There's.... There's no use in heading back to New York Methodist. I was a surgeon there, and he was a doctor there." Rev said, gesturing towards That1User. "We watched as the hospital got overrun and escaped while we could. Anyone who was still there is probably dead."

"Vas she injured?" - Yama
"Yeah, she was in a bad car accident earlier today and was brought to the ICU at New York Methodist."

Rev shook his head, knowing now that it was truly hopeless for Endarkened to find his wife.

"Even if someone could walk it would have been almost impossible for a patient to get out alive. The ICU though is located on the second floor, and if your wife was in a bad car accident earlier, then there is no way she could have gotten out." - Rev

Endarkened shook his head. "She might just be trapped there, she could still be saved!"

"Where are you guys heading?" - Wylted asked, derailing the conversation.
"We were actually heading to a truck depot so that we could get a bigger truck and plow our way out of New York City to somewhere safer." - That1

"Where are you going?" - Rev called out to Endarkened, who was walking up the street
"Im going to get my wife" - Endarkened called back
"Endarkened, man, its useless...." - Wylted called out to him, but he was having none of it.

"Wylted, either help me go get my wife, or you can stay with these guys." - Endarkened
"Dont make me choose Endarkened" - Wylted
"Who's it going to be?" - Endarkened

Wylted, in the middle of the two. Thought it over for a full minute, and then walked voer towards Yama, That1, and Rev, choosing to side with them.

Endarkened, disgusted, resumed his walk towards the hospital.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 10:35:42 AM
Living - Current Status

Daltonian - At temporary HQ
Mikal - At temporary HQ
Endarkened - Heading back to Hospital alone
Wylted - Now with Yama, Rev, and That1
YamaVonKarma - On foot heading towards truck depot
RevNge - Following Yama
That1User - Following Yama

Dead - Mode of Death

Geographia - Eaten by zombies
Mishapqueen - Car Crash
PetersSmith - Car Crash, bitten beforehand
Bennett91 - Overdosed on Cocaine, Zombified
Harder - In ambulance demolished by semi-truck
zmikecuber - Bitten, Zombified
VelCrow - Left behind to die from wounds, Zombified
Esocialbookworm - Eaten by zombies

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 11:52:16 AM
At 2/17/2015 11:36:08 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Endark's idiocy is going to get him killed.

I'm waiting for Yama to have an epic fight scene with someone.

More comments to come later today.

inb4 You get eaten by Annie
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:00:43 PM
Also, poor Esocial. :-(

And Yama killed dozens of innocent people. Classic. But the whole driving sequence was done really well! I could see it, and it was beautifully chaotic. Well detailed, Imabench!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 8:09:04 PM
At 2/17/2015 2:00:43 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Also, poor Esocial. :-(

And Yama killed dozens of innocent people. Classic. But the whole driving sequence was done really well! I could see it, and it was beautifully chaotic. Well detailed, Imabench!

Yeah I had a lot of fun imagining up that whole scene XD

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 1:41:12 PM
Creating Yama was the worst atrocity Germany ever committed.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite