Jesus Camp

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:25:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 10:22:27 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Religious brainwashing at its finest. Absolutely disgusting.

Islam is no better.

ReligiousTolerance.org: "most Muslims believe that all babies are Muslim at birth, and only later in life may accept the teachings of another religion"

http://www.religioustolerance.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:30:36 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:25:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Islam is no better.

ReligiousTolerance.org: "most Muslims believe that all babies are Muslim at birth, and only later in life may accept the teachings of another religion"

Meh, I have already decided not to brainwash my children. I'll introduce them to Islam, but I won't be forcing any of the beliefs on to them. It'll be up to them whether they believe or not.
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:35:19 PM

Orly? I luuved it. I was all !!!!!
Then i spoke randomly about fruit.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:37:26 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:30:36 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Meh, I have already decided not to brainwash my children. I'll introduce them to Islam, but I won't be forcing any of the beliefs on to them. It'll be up to them whether they believe or not.

That's pretty cruel.

You're a Muslim and believe Hell is real. Non-believers go to Hell. You wouldn't help your child avoid Hell by teaching them about God?

If you don't feel like preaching to your child then a) you don't actually believe in Hell or b) you don't care if your child burns.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:39:07 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:37:26 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

That's pretty cruel.

You're a Muslim and believe Hell is real. Non-believers go to Hell. You wouldn't help your child avoid Hell by teaching them about God?

If you don't feel like preaching to your child then a) you don't actually believe in Hell or b) you don't care if your child burns.

BAM.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:39:19 PM

That's pretty cruel.

I am going to teach them about God and such, but if they choose not to believe then whatever. That's their own loss. Some parents actually outright force their children to believe.

See my above statement. :)
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:43:26 PM
Hey! I was talking about Jesus and his Camp.
So back on topic?

btw
I think a person has the right to believe whatever you want about religon. You are shown the facts, and choose from there.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:43:29 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:39:19 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

That's pretty cruel.

I am going to teach them about God and such, but if they choose not to believe then whatever. That's their own loss. Some parents actually outright force their children to believe.

See my above statement. :)

So you're okay letting your kids go to hell eh?
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:45:45 PM

Let's say you're child was standing near a cliff and was contemplating about jumping off the cliff. Would you stand there and say, "Eh, he can choose what he wants. It's his own loss."

If you apply your feelings about your child near the cliff, then you should apply that to your childs safety and protection from eternal Hellfire, correct?
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:47:54 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:45:45 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Let's say you're child was standing near a cliff and was contemplating about jumping off the cliff. Would you stand there and say, "Eh, he can choose what he wants. It's his own loss."

If you apply your feelings about your child near the cliff, then you should apply that to your childs safety and protection from eternal Hellfire, correct?

Hmm...you win. :P lol I'm not up to much debating right now as I was just in a three hour debate.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:48:08 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:45:45 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Win.

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:50:15 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:47:54 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Hmm...you win. :P lol I'm not up to much debating right now as I was just in a three hour debate.

It's not really a debate. It's a question that, does your (future) child face a real and serious risk?
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:50:44 PM
INH is really one religious types here that is least deserving of what you're doing Geo.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:50:59 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:50:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 10:47:54 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

It's not really a debate. It's a question that, does your (future) child face a real and serious risk?

Such a casual outlook for such a serious subject.

True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:51:48 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:48:08 PM, Yvette wrote:
Win.

Obvious win is obvious.
No need to point it out and spam the forums.
Back to the topic? :P
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:52:59 PM
INH, face it, it is time to come over to the dark side of Atheism. We have milk and cookies.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:54:06 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:52:59 PM, FREEDO wrote:
INH, face it, it is time to come over to the dark side of Atheism. We have milk and cookies.

I'm not. I'm not an Atheist.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:54:19 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:51:48 PM, True2GaGa wrote:
Win.

Obvious win is obvious.

Jesus Camp is sort of old news. Plus, it's related to Jesus Camp. Under a Christian perspective, indoctrinating children to believe is necessary. With this current "debate," we get a first hand answer to this issue.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:54:24 PM
Win.

Obvious win is obvious.

So...you're saying that with more "spam". Ok.

I was simply stating in less words than another person that I agreed with a good statement. Let it go. ;)

True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 10:57:18 PM
At 7/9/2010 10:54:24 PM, Yvette wrote:
Win.

Obvious win is obvious.

So...you're saying that with more "spam". Ok.

I was simply stating in less words than another person that I agreed with a good statement. Let it go. ;)

Ooo..Counter pwn..Nice move.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 5:00:01 AM
At 7/9/2010 10:25:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Islam is no better.

No, Islam is just and therefore teaches that children are born pure without sin, meaning they are Muslims before another religion reaches them. Unlike some religions that teach that children are born impure etc., Islam does not.

And do you know what? I will definitely raise my future children in an Islamic way. They will be my children, and my responsibility. For everything to be easier for myself, too, it would be a horrible thing to raise them as atheists or something similar. I want to raise my own children the way I believe is best for them. There is nothing wrong with this. It is called caring.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 6:26:39 AM
This thread contains massive amounts of win and lose. :D. However, Jesus Camp is sick. It may be old news, but its still sick and vile. Ugh.
I miss the old members.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:02:27 AM
At 7/10/2010 6:26:39 AM, Atheism wrote:
This thread contains massive amounts of win and lose. :D. However, Jesus Camp is sick. It may be old news, but its still sick and vile. Ugh.

Yea, it may be quite a few years old now, but it's still relevant. Sadly, religious brainwashing to that extent is still widespread.