DDO: Game Over -- Season 1, Episode 15

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 9:32:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Level XV: The Way Home // Part III

Game Update 3.2: "2-29-2024. The initiation programming for the Goblin Invasion event is complete. Update 3.2 is ready for release, titled Goblin Apocalypse."

----
MIDNIGHT
----

Bookworm wandered around the town thinking about how silly she felt... She only knew him a week... But she hated the attention he gave Ember...

The fire was warm. She sat in the Town Square, remembering when the town was just a camp. It'd gone so far since then. She almost laughed, but it didn't feel right. She wasn't in the mood to laugh.

"A stray kitty..." Bookworm wasn't sure if what she heard was real. She looked around, but no one was there. Looking forward, she saw Sasima behind the fire staring at her. Sasima didn't say a word, only smiling, the grin grew as she stared.
"Sasima..." Bookworm tripped trying to stand up. She heard the footsteps and laughing around her.
"I hate cats." Mekaiel walked past her. "Xlav. Help yourself. Me and Sasima have a job." He extended his sword into the fire without stopping. The sword caught the flame like hay. Him and Sasima began for the Castle as he swung his sword against the homes and shops along the way. Bookworm watched them slowly take in the flames.

"Xlav. I'm helping." Dtaylor stepped beside Bookworm.
"No..." Bookworm tried stepping back, but Xlav grabbed her shoulder.
"Let's see how loud we can make her scream." Dtaylor laughed.
"A bit crude for me. But I can play along, I guess." Xlav got out his sword.

----
CASTLE
----

Everyone was cheering in the Main Hall. Emberly didn't know what to say... Or how to act. She looked around at the crowd and tried thinking of what to do... Suddenly, her eyes caught the doors... They were open, and she saw a red glow appear.
"Warem..." She got his attention.
Warem was already looking. "What..." The doors weren't open just a moment ago...

"A fire!" Someone yelled. Everyone turned back to see the row of homes extending from the castle burning.
"What!? Where!" A familiar voice yelled out from the crowd. Everyone screamed and ran to the edges of the room, revealing Sasima, Mekaiel, and a white haired man. Mekaiel turned around to look outside, "Oh look. A fire..." He turned back to see Emberly and Warem.
"Mekaiel..." Warem pulled his sword out. The soldiers got up to surround Emberly.
"Warem. You're looking well." Mekaiel pointed his sword at the injured Warem. Warem hadn't yet healed from his fight with Paramix. He only had a tenth his health back. "Vox. Have at 'em." Mekaiel and Sasima walked for the Hallway.
Seb and Adam tried intercepting him, but Warem stopped them, "Let him go. He's either heading for Vicksan or Paramix... Save the people!" Seb and Adam looked back, then ran to get everyone out. Parasyte and 1Harder stayed to help fight Vox.

----
TOWN SQUARE
----

"Please! Noooo..!" Bookworm yelled.
"But it'll be fun." Dtaylor laughed.
"Please..." Bookworm was crying.

"You know what else is fun?" A man asked from behind.
"What.." Dtaylor looked back at Imabench.
"Making fun of idiots..." He twirled Dtaylor's staff around.
"What?" Dtaylor checked his inventory, it was gone. Bench had stolen it.
"Now. Taylor, let my people go!" Bench lifted the staff high, laughing.
Xlav ran at Imabench and jabbed forward, but Bench wasn't there.
"Looking for me?" Bench was by the fire, roasting the staff in it. "Oh... I forgot the marshmallows, silly me."
"Where'd the girl go?" Dtaylor looked around, Bookworm was gone. He returned his attention to Bench.

Bookworm was running for the Castle, where Warem was.

----
FOREST
----

/w X Y ==> Error

/w X Y ==> Error

Vicksan kept trying. The glitch had to work...

"Vicksan. It might not work. Sasima might have been wrong." Bsh proposed.
"Perhaps. But do you have anything else we can try?" Vicksan replied.
"Hm. No. I guess we just keep trying..." Bsh was trying for the glitch too. With two people, it had twice the odds of working.
"So... What's your plan of killing him? You're a Cleric." Vicksan asked. It had just occurred to him that Bsh wasn't a fighting class.
Bsh thought about the answer, but before he could give it...

/w X Y ==> ... ==> ... ==> Spawn Option opened.

"It worked!" Vicksan yelled. He quickly typed King_Goblin.s into the box.

Spawn Option ==> King_Goblin.s
Spawning ==> Complete.

"God I had the oddest dream." The large greyish figure stood up. He had yellow eyes and a thick spine that went high above his head like a crown. His hair was thick, covering everything it touched in a shroud of brown and grey. "A dream where I didn't exist... But I guess that's the life of a bot." He looked at his creators with discontent. He stood high above them... For a big bellied creature, he sure looked fit.

"So... What was your plan?" Vicksan asked Bsh, focused entirely on the level 150 horror...
"Um. Well..." Bsh didn't have an answer.
The King Goblin pulled a massive, jagged wooden sword from his belt. It was filthy with splinters and termites.
Vicksan looked at Bsh with the same fearful face he made towards the Goblin.

The Goblin walked forward, shaking the ground with his steps. He lifted the sword and let gravity bring it down on the two. They jumped out of the way in time to see the sword crush the ground under it. "A game of cat and mouse?" The Goblin saw the two run behind him. "I love the taste of mice." He made a smile, the bending of skin around his dimples sounded like rubber, and his teeth looked like rotting wood.

"Bsh." Vicksan looked at him, hoping for a plan.
"Um. Improvise." Bsh jumped back just in time, barely noticing the swing of the wooden sword fly across his neck. The Goblin looked at Vicksan, and catapulted the sword at him. He jumped back, tripping.
He hit the ground hard and yelped. Bsh looked over at him laying there. The King Goblin had lifted his sword for a second swing.
Bsh jumped and grabbed Vicksan. They both went rolling, barely making it by the time the sword hit the ground. It's landing covered them in smoke and dust.
"Vicksan, I don't think we thought this out..." Bsh got Vicksan up and they both stared at the Goblin.

"Oh players... You never think. No risk... You die, just take off the headset and try again." The Goblin brought his sword back up and looked at them.
Vicksan was shocked by the King Goblins words, but Bsh had fought them on other servers. He already knew what they were like. Thing was... He'd never actually beat one before.

----
GRAND HALL
----

Paris and 1harder ran at Vox_Veritas. They swung their swords at him... But all he did was point at them with two fingers....
The two stopped. They could feel themselves lift off the ground. Vox didn't look at them. He snapped his fingers, and they went backwards towards the wall. They hit hard, and fell to the ground.

"What... What kind of class are you..?" Warem got his sword ready. Vox was only slightly stronger than him in level, but Warem was too weak. He needed to figure out a strategy. "Ember, get out." He commanded. He looked back at Vox.
Ember stepped back. She wanted to argue, but he was right. She turned and ran for the Kitchen, hoping she'd find a way out. Vox looked at her, but she wasn't his mission... Warem and Sokol were.
"What are you... Green eyes aren't in the game... And what was that? Controlling people with your fingers? Those aren't powers in the game... What kind of hack are you? Warem prepared his sword. He was utterly terrified.

"I am..." Vox thought about it. "Me." He lifted his fingers towards Warem.
A sword shoved into his back. Vox_Veritas's health dropped by a tenth. He seems honestly shocked, and turned to see who attacked him.
"Picking on weakened old men? That's my job." Sokol pulled his sword from Vox's back and got ready to fight...
Perfect, Vox thought... Both of his targets together.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 9:33:06 AM
----
LIBRARY
----

Paramix stood by a book. He looked at it and waited, as if he knew they were behind him.
"So much fighting today." Paramix turned around to face Mekaiel and Sasima.
"Seventy percent health? Good... Half the works done already." Mekaiel noted that Paramix's health was low.
"I still have more health than the two of you. So I'm curious what you might be planning." Paramix knew to be cautious.
"Plan?" Sasima laughed, "Nah... We decided to improvise a fight with the strongest person in the game." Her smirk screamed of sarcasm, "For the fun of it."

Mekaiel got out his sword. Paramix Considered the two for the minute.
"You know Cursed Traption won't work on me. So what could you possibly try..?" Paramix considered all of their options.
"It won't?" Sasima acted legitimately shocked.
"I'm sure you know it only works on people with a lower level." He grabbed his staff.
"I see." Sasima continued her act. She pulled her sword from her inventory and swung it about.

Paramix grounded the tip of his staff. It lit up the room with a swirling fire. The burning current swam around Sasima and Mekaiel. They felt their life draining.
Mekaiel aimed his sword and summoned a User Entrapment under Paramix. The curse blew up around him.
Paramix jumped back. The curse took out too much health. He noticed the sword was Level 299...
The fire stopped as soon as Paramix took his mind off it to focus on the sword. Mages were weak against swordfighters when up close. He could handle one, but two might take a while. Especially Sasima... She was fast. Quick swordsmen are made to kill mages...
Paramix lifted his staff at Mekaiel, but before attacking, he bent down in time to see Sasima's sword fly over him. She had gotten behind him, and he almost didn't notice in time. Suddenly, another sword, Mekaiel's, was swinging right in front of him. He jumped up, flipping over Mekaiel. Mekaiel didn't stop swinging, making a full twirl around.
Paramix brought down his staff behind him, catching Mekaiel's sword. He turned and spun his staff around, bringing it back down on the sword, pinning it to the ground. He kicked at Mekaiel's hand, knocking the sword out of it.

Sasima kicked behind Paramix's leg, putting him on his knee. He lifted his staff up to block her sword. He wasn't sure what they were planning, but if she found a way to use her Cursed Traption on him, it'd be over. She couldn't, but it'd be foolish to let her hit him just in cause.

Mekaiel jumped for his sword, and grabbed books from the shelf in front of it. He threw them at Paramix.
Paramix took the hit from the books. Mekaiel knew the books wouldn't hurt him, so he was clearly aiming for a reaction. Paramix wouldn't give him it.

----
GRAND HALL
----

Paris looked at Warem.
"Paris, you and 1Harder get out. Save everyone. Me and Sokol have this." Warem commanded.
"Yes sir..." 1Harder ran from the Hall. He needed to help the people. Paris looked at the door, then back at Warem...
"What are you waiting for?" Warem yelled.
Paris thought about it. Something wasn't right. Mekaiel and Sasima. How would they beat Paramix?... What were they planning?

"Paris!" Warem yelled.
"Warem. Ignore him." Sokol called out at him.
Vox lifted a hand towards both Sokol and Warem. He tried pointing, but Sokol struck his hand with the sword.
Warem ran towards them both. He got his sword in the air, but Vox wasn't there...
"What?!" Warem stopped, and look back.
Vox stood by the Throne near the front. He turned back at Warem and Sokol, his eyes burnt red and hollow, reflecting the flames outside the Castle. It burned in and around his eyes, tinting them in fire.

He lifted his hand near his face and gripped the air. Everything lifted up around Sokol and Warem.
"What is he... That power isn't in the game." Sokol kept his eyes on the plates and candles that floated around them.
"I don't know. He must be hacking..." Warem kept his eyes on Vox.
Veritas begin to step forward. As he kept moving towards them, images of him split from his body, solidifying into copies of his being. They moved towards the two swordsmen in equal pace.
"What..." Sokol nearly stepped back.

Vox snapped his fingers, and Sokol lifted into the air. Everything around them gravitated towards him with immeasurable speed. Warem could hear him scream, and see his health drain.
"Sokol!" Warem ran and jumped at him, knocking him out of the way, taking the remaining hits...

Sokol had sixty percent health left... Warem had six...
"How do we beat them?..." Sokol tried to lift himself from the floor.
"I don't know... Just keep fighting and hope for a miracle..." Warem could barely stand.
"I don't believe in miracles..." Sokol reached to help him keep from falling.
"Neither do I..."

----
TOWN SQUARE
----

Bench and the two were still fighting.
"I'm useless without my staff!" Dtaylor yelled.
"You're useless with your staff, now help me get him!" Xlav yelled back.

"You guys need a hand?" Blah arrived. He had been observing from the far distance.
"Took you long enough!" Dtaylor screamed at him.
"Nah... I was here the whole time watching. I find you too funny to interrupt. Here..." Blah pointed at Bench.
A light drew from Bench's body and was spread around Xlav and Dtaylor... Health Leech.
Bench saw his health decrease to forty percent. "Ouch. Well, time to fly!" He put the staff between his legs like a broomstick and ran behind the burning buildings.
"My staff!" Dtaylor screamed.

"Seb, help me with these three..." Adam appeared.
"Sure thing." Seb was with him.
"You think you can beat us? I can use magic without my staff... Not as well, but I'm a far higher level than you... To the point that it doesn't matter." Dtaylor got ready.
"This'll be exciting... Seeing a real fight." Xlav got ready as well.

"A real fight? three against two isn't a real fight." YYW ran in from behind the three. "Now it's a real fight." He got his staff out and hit it on the ground. It sparked against the dirt.
"A battle mage? Easy." Dtaylor lifted his head, and gathered mana in it. Suddenly, lightening struck from the ground right under him. He felt his health take a hit as he yelled, "I'm done with you people." He threw the mana at Seb, knowing they expected him to throw it at YYW.
The ball hit Seb across the face, exploding with a loud blast. Fire engulfed the air around him. He blew back nearly ten yards.
"Seb!" Adam looked back at him. In his distraction, he didn't see Xlav burst in behind him. The sword was cold, and dug deep into his stomach. His health was cut nearly in half.

Blah used Health Restore on Dtaylor, reviving most of his health.
YYW pointed at Xlav and Blah both, summoning a User Entrapment under both. Something he had been practicing. The hexes blew up, but did little damage.
They were too strong...

----
FOREST
----

Vicksan and Bsh ran behind the trees to think of what they could do.
"I don't know how we're going to beat him... I'm sorry Vicksan..." Bsh looked at him. "I let you down..."
Vicksan was breathing hard. He was holding back tears. "No... I failed you."
"What do you mean?" Bsh could barely breath under the pressure.
"Logging out... I never wanted to." He looked at Bsh.
"What..?" Bsh didn't understand.
"I never wanted to log out... Ember was right. I didn't try. I asked only twice so I could know. Just in case. But I never wanted to leave." A tear begin it's way down his cheek. "I tried so hard to avoid trying..."

Bsh both understood and didn't at the same time... "Why..."
"Because I was the King..." He looked at Bsh. "Because I had nothing to go home to. I didn't want to face my Mother... And now I might never get the chance."

The tree was cut in two. The wooden sword didn't even pause against it's bark. Vicksan turned to see the King Goblin hover over him. Before the tree hit the ground, the Goblin had shoved the sword deep into Vicksan's chest...

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 9:33:43 AM
----
LIBRARY
----

Paramix kicked back, forcing his foot into Sasima's stomach.
"Ah!" She screamed and fell back.
"Sasima. Get up." Mekaiel got to his feet.
Sasima stood up and grabbed at the table. She threw it at Paramix. He grabbed it it like paper. She laughed at him.
"I'll never understand you kids..." Paramix threw the table back at her. It crushed against her chest and ribs, pinning her to the wall. She could hear the bones snap, and howled in agony.

Mekaiel brought his sword over and down against Paramix. Paramix threw up his leg and kicked Mekaiel's arm away. He shoved his hand against Mekaiel's throat, and held him in place.
Mekaiel stared into Paramix's eyes, envisioning any possible means of fixing the situation. "You won't win." He forced out a laugh... It hurt.
Paramix looked at him and lifted him high into the air. "I can't imagine that's true."
Mekaiel saw Sasima get up. "Ha... That's funny... Cause I can..." He smiled.
"How so?" Paramix asked.

Suddenly, Sasima's sword jabbed into his chest. He felt the Cursed Traption flow threw his body and leave.
"I told you... You're not high enough of a level to use that on me." Paramix looked back at her.
"No..." Mekaiel begin. "But my sword is." He flipped the sword towards Paramix and shoved it into him...

This time it worked... Paramix couldn't move. The curse ran through him like blood.
"My sword is a higher level then you... Sasima went ahead and cursed it for me. The curse need only come from a higher level... No one ever said it had to be my level..." Mekaiel laughed.

Paramix was paralyzed... At any time, Sasima had only to command it, and his life would drain... fast.
Sasima fell down, holding her chest. It hurt... The broken bones... They felt real...
"Sasima. Kill him." Mekaiel demanded.
She held herself... It looked like she was crying... Three bones, and she felt them all.
"Sasima!" Mekaiel yelled.
Sasima looked up at him. He stared at her with nothing but anger. She lifted her hand, and clicked her fingers.

Paramix's health begin to drop...
55%...
50%...
40%...
35%...
25%...
10%...

"NO!" Paris jumped at Sasima and pinned her. He punched at her rib cage. The pain nearly destroyed her focus and conscious...

5%... That's where it ended... The curse was broken when Sasima lost her concentration...
"No!" Mekaiel yelled. He threw his sword into Paris... The sword pierced into his shoulder and heart. The wound burned with lightening and fire, blistering with a darkness was covered his arm. Paris screamed out in pain and collapsed.

Paramix barely saw it happen... He was in shock from the pain, and hadn't even noticed... But he did now. His eyes barely focused as he lifted his staff at Mekaiel.
Sasima managed to grab a book she recognized... A transporter... and was gone. Mekaiel wasn't.

The light was as unfocused as Paramix was. And it made it far more dangerous. Mekaiel felt the light hit into him, and pierce through his body. He flew back against the wall.
"NOOOOOOO!" Paramix yelled as he got up. His life begin to plummet under the use of power. He was turning his life into mana. At one percent life, he shoved the remainder of his energy into the spell...

Mekaiel broke through the wall, and outside of the Castle. He didn't see the ground. He only saw the Castle grow smaller and smaller... The fire under him made the abyss below seem endless...

"PARASYTE!" Paramix ran to him. He was bleeding from his nose and mouth. He looked down at the dying child.
"Paramix..." Paris coughed.
"Paris... Why..." Paramix held him... The blood drip in sync with the tears. The light had burned into the books and wood of the Castle... It was lit in fire. Paramix didn't notice it.
"Because they were going to kill you..." Paris's eye grew distant.
"You should have let me die... You should have ran..." Paramix cried the words from his mouth.
"I couldn't..." Paris was barely staring at Paramix now...
"Why... Paris, why..." The fire burned and howled around them. Pieces of burning paper danced around them.
"Because... That's not what my brother would do..." Paris tried breathing... He struggled for air, but the struggle ended... His face tilted down, and his eyes no longer saw...

"NO!!!!" Paramix yelled through the fire. "NO!!!!!!"

----
--------
UNKNOWN
--------
----

It was nighttime in St. Louis. The stars were hard to see, and the clouds hid behind the skyscrapers.
"Hm." Vicksan was under the Arch staring up.
The Arch was so calm... It stood so high, touching the darkness above him. He couldn't grasp the scale of it...

"Anthony!" A woman called. He didn't look.
"Anthony! How could you do this!" The woman hollered.

The police surrounded him. "Anthony Weaver. Get on your stomach." Their suits were black and metallic. It wasn't the normal police force...
Anthony got on his stomach, and felt them pulled back his arms and handcruff him.

"How could you..." His mother yelled. "I can't believe you... ... Don't ever come home... Don't ever come back..." Those were the last words he heard...

The night was calm again. Everyone was gone...
"You want to know why I did it?" Anthony spoke.
"Yes..." The boy from the forest replied. The young voice was curious and faint.
"Because it was notable..." Anthony just sat there and spoke. "It was the only notable thing in my life..."
"Do you really think that?" The voice asked.

Anthony sat up. "I'm like... that kid. The personification of no one. You know... That kid who, when they wrote the book of notable people and got to the list of unimportant characters, they forget to write down..." Anthony looked up at the arch one more time.
"..." The boy didn't reply.
"I wish I was like that... Like Paramix... All I wanted was to be someone... And I lost it all..."

----
FOREST
----

"VICKSAN!" Bsh yelled.
Vicksan just laid there motionless. The sword stuck through him, covered in his blood... Bsh was terrified.
The King Goblin looked at Bsh. He looked at the tree he'd cut down. He picked it up and slammed it down at Bsh.
Bsh barely jumped away from the stump, but the branches hit him like whips. He fell against the ground and yelled, "Vicksan!"

-- You can save him --

Vicksan sat there cold and frozen...

-- You are some one --

Bsh crawled from the Goblin. The giant spawn begin in his direction.

-- You are who you choice to be --

Vicksan's eyes gained focus. He saw the King Goblin lift the tree high above his head.

-- You have the weapon to beat him --

Vicksan grabbed the wooden sword... It was heavy, and hurt his chest to lift... Blood poured from his wound.
"Goblin!" Vicksan yelled.
The King Goblin looked back at him. "You think you can beat me with that sword? You're too weak... You could, at most, hit me once."
"Then by God, I'll make it count." Vicksan got ready.
"Haha!" The Goblin laughed. He got up the tree and prepared to swing it down at the boy... He threw the tree over his shoulder, roaring as the tree made it's way over...

The moment seemed to stop... The wooden sword find itself shoved into the Goblin's open mouth... The creature stepped back and shook intensely... The wooden sword fell from his mouth, covered in Vicksan and his blood...
"Your... Blood." The Goblin fell to his knees, he's skin rotting from his mouth outwards. "Rotting Decay..." The Goblin began to rot away, his skin looked like it was collapsing in on itself.
The Hell Hound's ailment... Vicksan realized they gave him the ash from only one Black Tulip plant... He was still infected. And now so was the Goblin, but the Goblin didn't have the cure... The Goblin couldn't survive the ailment.

The Goblin grew grey and began to fade into experience... Golden experience. The bright power submerged Vicksan and healed him as he leveled up... Level 35...

Vicksan felt his inventory get heavier... He checked, and there it was... The Modder's Ring.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 9:34:26 AM
----
GRAND HALL
----

Vox watched Warem and Sokol... They were weak and dying. He had expected more from them.
He sat back as his duplicates moved in on the two. Everything around the two lifted and flew back as they moved by... The two were in perfect sync.
Warem needed a way to win... Him, Sokol, Ember, they all depended on it... Bookworm and his soldiers depended on it...

"Why are you still fighting...?" Vox asked.
"Because I must..." Warem answered.
"Why? You can't save yourself..." Vox didn't understand.
"It's not to save myself..." Warem corrected him. Vox was confused... "I have to fight... To save them all..." Warem got his sword ready. He just needed to be in range...
Vox stared in confusion and shock... He didn't understand any of what Warem meant... Dying to save others... "Why would you die for others?" He asked. "What could make you do that?"
"An emotion I guess you don't have." Warem was ready... The two duplicates were in range.

Warem ran forward and fell to the ground. He slid beside the two, and spun his sword around both of their legs. He twirled slightly, and grabbed one of them with his foot, pulling the duplicate down and stabbing his sword deep into it's back twice. The third time he pulled the sword out, he kicked against the duplicate, spinning towards the last one. His sword spun deep into the third Vox's side.

Sokol ran in between them, and spun around his sword, cutting clean through both of their necks. The duplicates, beheaded, burst into experience. Both Sokol and Warem received the experience, flooding their bodies with power and life.

Warem: Knight: Level 59.
Swordfighting: Legendary.

Sokol: Knight: Level 82.
Swordfighting: Master.

Vox watched the two kill his duplicates. He saw they had level up, and had full health again. "I see..."
Warem and Sokol was lost by Vox's lack of feeling...
"It seems... Pointless. The pain. Why not just die? What does dying slower do for you?" Vox had no understanding of the two.
"Somethings are worth dying slower for." Warem replied.
"I see... Then... I will help with it." Vox pushed forward his hand towards Warem and Sokol.

The two flew against the floor. Vox aimed towards Warem... He lifted Warem up and swung him against the wall, then towards the other wall. He finally slammed him down in the center of the room.
Warem yelled in pain. He cried in anguish.
Vox let go, "Can I ask you Warem... Can these emotions save you?"
Warem managed to get to his feet. "I'll ask you... What does it mean to be saved?"
Vox looked oddly at him.
"Is being saved about staying alive?" Warem continued. He observed Vox's lack of understanding. "If I die with love and happiness, I'm already saved... The only person who needs to be saved is you..."

Vox grew angry with Warem. He threw Warem back.
Warem hit the floor, screamed, but got back up. Vox didn't know what to do or think... He forced Warem back again.
"Warem!" Sokol yelled.
Warem struggled but got back up. He stared at Vox with darkened eyes.
Vox threw out his hand again, shoving Warem against the table. Warem heard a snapping sound as he hit the floor. He screamed and hollered. The pain was unbearable... But again, he got up, tears running down his face.

Vox just stared, growing angrier... "I'm done with you..." He pulled his hand back, and shoved it forward as hard as he could...

But the yelling was of a different voice...

"WAREM!" Bookworm jumped in the way. She had finally made it in time only to see Warem dying...
"Bookworm!" Warem yelled, but it was too late. He could feel the wind and power that had hit her... It blew through his hair. His tears where pushed across his face by the force...

Bookworm hit the floor. Warem ran up to her and grabbed her.
"Bookworm you idiot... Why?..." Warem could barely speak.
"Because... I couldn't watch you die... You're too important." Bookworm could barely breath. She could hear the blood crackle in her throat.
"I'm not important... You shouldn't have done that..." Warem spoke between the breaths and tears. "I don't want to lose you..."
"But Warem... You are important..." Bookworm wiped the tears off Warem's face... "You have kids... And a girlfriend... Maybe... Or maybe a wife..."
"What..." Warem reached for and held Bookworms hand...
"Your kids... And their Mother... You're important to her..." Bookworm coughed, and felt the blood creep down her cheek.
"Bookworm..." Warem held her close to him...

Vox watched Bookworm... "So that's it..." Vox stared with an interest he had never felt before... "That's... the emotion..."

"Bookworm! Warem!" Emberly ran from behind Vox... She decided not to leave the Castle... she couldn't bring herself to.
Vox watched her run to them. She fell to her knees beside the two, and help hold Bookworm up. Sokol made his way to them, crawling up to help hold the poor girl...
Vox_Veritas just stared... Prior unsure of what it was that brought them to this pain... But now he knew... If he died, would Mekaiel care for him like that...?

"I see..." Vox spoke. Warem and Emberly looked up at him. "This emotion... I see now." Vox stepped back. "So that what I don't have... What makes me... different?" He stared... Questioning why he wasn't like them, then he was gone.

----
FOREST
----

Vicksan looked at the Modder's Ring.
"So... What now?" Bsh asked.
"I put it on. It'll give me the power of a Guide Bot... I can download the server onto a Proxy IP Address... The connection between the Server and our computers are broken. If I download the Server onto another computer, it can connect from there." Vicksan explained...
"Something about that... Sounds wrong." Bsh thought about it...

Vicksan put on the ring... It was... Powerful. "I'm going to do it... You can't stop me..."
"What?" Bsh looked at him.
"So don't try to stop me... Tonight, I save everyone..."

"Vicksan. Don't do it." Airmax was behind them. Bsh looked back at him in shock.
"I told you... I'm saving everyone..." Vicksan lifted the ring, and begin the download...
"Vicksan. Stop!" Airmax yelled. "The Link to the server has been open ever since it crashed... Even if the connection wasn't there!"

==> DOWNLOADING // 50%...

"Vicksan!" Airmax screamed. He grabbed at Vicksan.
"Let go!" Bsh grabbed and pulled Airmax to the ground.
"Vicksan! stop now!" Airmax pushed Bsh off.

==> DOWNLOADING // 75%

"Anyone who clicked that link... Anyone at all, has a signal waiting for this Server to open up and accept it! It'll redirect them all here! Everyone who is playing right now and has clicked that link is in danger!" Airmax yelled at him...

==> DOWNLOADING // 90%

Bsh realized what he meant... But Vicksan wouldn't stop... It didn't matter if they could all log out afterwards, right?
"No!" Airmax grabbed at Vicksan, "Vicksan! Stop!" But it was too late...

==> DOWNLOADING // 100%.
==> Server 112B is now Downloaded... Connection open...

The sky lit with lights. Hundreds.... Thousands of them... They fell like stars. Vicksan watched them all...

Players...

Thousands of Players were logging into the server... But Vicksan tried... He couldn't log out...
"Vicksan! The Log Out connection is preset!" Airmax yelled. "Just because you can log in from a connection doesn't mean you can log out from there! It had to be the right Proxy IP! It had to be the original!"

Vicksan just watched... The lights led to the players spawn point... He watched them all light up across the sky... Tens of Thousands of players... Trapped in Server 112B...

"Vicksan! Why!? Why didn't you listen! How could you do this!?" Airmax yelled.

"Anthony! How could you do this!" He heard his Mother yell in his head...

"Vicksan! I can't believe you!" Airmax watched the log ins...

"Don't ever come home... Don't ever come back..." He heard his Mother... Those was the last words he heard...

-- Vicksan? --

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 9:35:38 AM
----
TOWN SQUARE
----

Everyone had stopped... YYW, Adam, Dtaylor, Xlav, 1Harder... They all stopped.
"My God..." Xlav saw all the lights... They recognized them... Log ins... Everywhere.
"I'm out of here... I'll finish this fight later..." Dtaylor backed up and ran. Xlav and Blah followed.

"Adam... ... Those... Those are..." YYW watched in horror.
"I know, YYW... I know what they are..." Adam couldn't conceive what he saw...

Seb ran up and stopped to watch the lights... Everyone in the City of Midnight was watching now... The lights didn't stop...

/w ==> 5,632 Players

"There are almost 6,000 players trapped in the game..." YYW counted...
"Count again..." Seb looked at him.

/w ==> 7,330 Players

"No..." YYW fell to his knees... "No..."

/w ==> 8,054 Players

----
LIBRARY
----

"Paris..." Paramix lifted up his hand. "I can save you..."
His hand barely lit... Life Transfer... But he had a percent of health left... It'd kill him...
"I can save you..."

----
GRAND HALL
----

"Ember... Check Paramix..." Warem told her.
"O... Okay..." Ember got up and went to check on Paramix and Paris.

"Warem... The lights." Sokol knew Warem wouldn't care... But he had to mention it... The lights filled the sky just outside the doors...

"Bookworm..." Warem sat against the table... Bookworm would survive if she preserved her energy.
"Warem... I..." Bookworm tried to speak.
"I know..." Warem spoke, "I know what you were doing." He held her.
"I bet your girlfriend, or wife, misses you..." Bookworm hated thinking about it...
"Bookworm... I don't have a girlfriend... I haven't since Jr. High..." Warem told her...
"But... You have three kids..." Bookworm didn't understand.
"No... They aren't my kids..." Warem had trouble saying it... "They're my nephews and niece..."
Bookworm didn't know what to say... "Then... Then why did Bsh say they were yours?"
"Because I care for them..." Warem saw Bookworm's confusion... "Because sometimes, we lose people we care about..." Warem spoke. "But dammit I won't lose you too..."

It begin to rain...

"What..." Sokol looked outside at the rain. It was sudden, and without cause... He saw the fire slow and fade. "It's... Raining?"

----
LIBRARY
----

"Paramix!" Emberly ran into the room. The room was burnt and smelled of ash. "Paramix...? Where are you...?"
She walked further into the room and looked at the wall... Paris laid there barely breathing... With one percent of his health...
Paramix laid beside him, cold and motionless.
"Paramix!" She ran up to him... He was grey, and without life. "No!" She didn't know what to do... "Warem!... Bookworm!..." She begin to cry... She wasn't a Queen... She wasn't a leader... What could she do... "Vicksan..." She didn't know what she could do to save him...

He was gone....

----
OUTSIDE OF MIDNIGHT
----

Mekaiel sat against a tree... He was dying... and barely had the strength to pull himself to where he was now.

The rain was cold. He could feel it... It felt too real.
The lights around him gave him no attention, and he gave them none... He had failed... But he could sense it... He could fell his enemy... Paramix... Had passed. But it didn't make him feel better.
Paramix died of something other than Mekaiel... He wouldn't receive the experience. He wouldn't be revived...

"Mekaiel." Sasima laid down beside him.
"How did... you find me..?" He could barely ask.
"The /w function, silly." She pulled her sword and placed it to his neck. "You know... I followed you so we could fight one last time... But this... I guess this will do..." She looked at him... He didn't seem to care... Dying now was all the same.

"Go ahead... You wanted to kill me... Now do it." Mekaiel looked at her.
She thought about it, but couldn't.
"Even now, you can't do it..." Mekaiel closed his eyes... He remembered the time he spent in the game... Getting banned from Midnight... Surviving the forest... Hell hounds... A rogue bot... It all felt so... petty now...

He remembered Vicksan... He remember Vicksan telling him to never return. He remembered feeling shocked when Vicksan gave him gifts to help them... What were those? A hammer... A blanket....

And a heart...

Mekaiel's inventory lit a bright red... It engulfed him and buried him in new life... The light reflected in the rain around them like sparks.... Millions of them surrounding the tree...

The light was beautiful... A Heart... That rarest item in the game... A gift...
The light thinned out around him, and was gone... And he was gone with it...

"Mekaiel?" Sasima looked around, but couldn't see him... "Mekaiel?!"

Mekaiel had respawned...

Vox stared out at the rain... He was around the trees where Mekaiel and Sasima couldn't see him. He watched Mekaiel respawn... He wondered where Mekaiel would respawn to... He watched Midnight grow dark as the fire subsided... It was him... He created the rain. No one else could do that... Why could he?

They... asked what he was... Why he was... different? All he wanted now was to know... Why was he unlike them... Why did he not have what they had...

In all the time he'd been stuck in this game, he never understood... Even that boy from the beginning hated him... It'd been so long since he saw that boy...

But now he would figure it out after almost ten years of waiting... He would learn why he was...

----
--------
END
--------
----

// Season 1: Credits
// Writer: Donald.Keller
// Primary Editor: EndarkenedRationalist
// Secondary Editor: Cody_Franklin
// Special Thanks To: Airmax1227
// Season 2 will begin on March 20th! See you then!
//
//
// Trigger Activated -- King Goblin Has Been Killed ==> Event Activated ==> Goblin Apocalypse Initiated.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 9:36:30 AM
Last Episode: The Way Home // Part I ==> http://www.debate.org...

Season 1: https://www.facebook.com...

----
For the Audience:
----

1 - Who's story line was your favorite? (Emberly/Vicksan/Mekaiel)

2 - Which arc did you most enjoy?

3 - How well did you enjoy this episode?

What would you like to see in the next season?

----
BONUS
----

Terra was the girl from the first chapter. Did anyone note that Vicksan, Ember, and Mekaiel ditched school like any normal day, but when Terra did the same, the police were called in to find her?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 10:06:54 AM
Holy fvck, man. Only a paragraph in and I can tell this is going to be one of the best (if not the best) fvcking fanfic episodes ever to exist on DDO.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 10:31:57 AM
At 2/20/2015 9:36:30 AM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Vixen. His insecurity makes him an ideal imperfect protagonist.

The Way Home. It was epic.

Fvck you for killing Paramix.

Other than that, it was insane. In a good way of course. :3

----
BONUS
----

Terra was the girl from the first chapter. Did anyone note that Vicksan, Ember, and Mekaiel ditched school like any normal day, but when Terra did the same, the police were called in to find her?

inb4 she's the creator of the game
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 10:32:36 AM
At 2/20/2015 10:31:45 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/20/2015 10:25:00 AM, RevNge wrote:
Oh wait, I lived.

THAT'S HARDLY A COMPENSATION THOUGH YOU LIL SON OF A

https://osopher.files.wordpress.com...

lol
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 10:33:41 AM
At 2/20/2015 10:32:36 AM, RevNge wrote:
Oh wait, I lived.

lol

Paramix sacrificed himself for you. You better start training.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 11:17:00 AM
At 2/20/2015 10:12:24 AM, RevNge wrote:
And where dafuq did I come from? I thought it was Seb and Harder, not me and Harder? O.o

You where in the hall room too. Everyone but sokol and bookworm was.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 11:22:57 AM
At 2/20/2015 10:31:57 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 2/20/2015 9:36:30 AM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Vixen. His insecurity makes him an ideal imperfect protagonist.

Goood. What do you think him unlocking the game, but only for people to enter? And his fight with the King Goblin?

The Way Home. It was epic.

I was so scared I wouldn't be able to fit the last chapter in one thread xD
Which fight did you like the most

Fvck you for killing Paramix.

Lol I didn't kill him... he killed himself saving you XD

Other than that, it was insane. In a good way of course. :3

<_<

----
BONUS
----

inb4 she's the creator of the game

Lawl

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 12:21:58 PM
At 2/20/2015 10:33:41 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh wait, I lived.

lol

Dat moment when I'll finally realize that he was *censored for spoilers*.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 1:22:55 PM
At 2/20/2015 12:21:58 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 2/20/2015 10:33:41 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh wait, I lived.

lol

Dat moment when I'll finally realize that he was *censored for spoilers*.

That was on my mind the whole time I wrote it *evil laugh*

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:34:54 PM
At 2/20/2015 4:28:45 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
So I killed Esocial?

No. She survived.
Any thoughts?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:53:03 PM
At 2/20/2015 4:34:54 PM, donald.keller wrote:
So I killed Esocial?

No. She survived.
Any thoughts?

You put a lot more work into your fanfics than I do with mine. A lot more. Either that or you're just plain talented. Or both.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:56:32 PM
At 2/20/2015 4:53:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:34:54 PM, donald.keller wrote:
So I killed Esocial?

No. She survived.
Any thoughts?

You put a lot more work into your fanfics than I do with mine. A lot more. Either that or you're just plain talented. Or both.

Lol thanks. I normally spend an hour on each chapter, so I don't know if I put more work into it than others.

Who's storyline are you most interested in for next season?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 5:18:38 PM
At 2/20/2015 5:14:51 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Mekaiel.

Gooooooooooooooood.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 5:22:10 PM
At 2/20/2015 5:18:38 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Mekaiel.

Gooooooooooooooood.

Your Emperor Palpatine impression needs to stop.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 5:23:52 PM
At 2/20/2015 5:22:10 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Mekaiel.

Gooooooooooooooood.

I'm not impersonating anyone -.-

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 5:26:16 PM
At 2/20/2015 5:23:52 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 2/20/2015 5:22:10 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Mekaiel.

Gooooooooooooooood.

I'm not impersonating anyone -.-

https://m.youtube.com...