Jump to topic:

Once Upon a DDO S2E6

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:24:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The previous episode can be found here: http://www.debate.org......

4 Weeks Ago (1 Week Before the Battle of DDO)
The Church of Universal Faith

Zaradi and Thett sat in the makeshift war council room beneath the church. Zaradi was poring over a makeshift map (really, everything about the revolution was makeshift) spread across a table. Thett had his eyes closed. There was nothing to occupy him from his thoughts. The room certainly wasn't worth looking at. He was pretty sure that there were termites in the walls, and the whole room stank like curdled milk. It was a thoroughly miserable place to plan a revolution, and Thett had no trouble telling Zaradi as much.

"Endure it," Zaradi replied. "Suffering breeds strength."

Thett opened his eyes. Zaradi didn't appear to have even looked at Thett when he replied. Thett bit his lip. He wondered how long Zaradi had lived his life according to that mantra. Suffering breeds strength. Thett couldn't bring himself to accept it. In the weeks since Royal had left, Thett certainly hadn't felt any stronger. If anything, he was lesser. Incomplete. Little more than an object, something that functioned. A chair, perhaps. Thett the chair. It was hardly a grand title, but then, it wasn't supposed to be.

"The Evil Queen Airmax and the devil Ore_Ele will likely station troops around the palace. Here," Zaradi pointed at a spot on his map. "And here." He reclined in his seat and frowned. "What do you think, Thett?"

Thett tried reclining as well, only his chair tipped backwards, and he had to flail to avoid falling. "Whatever you say, Zaradi."

Zaradi tapped his leg. "Come on, now. This is war. I'm not asking your opinion on a new book. This is for you. For all of us. YYW can be yours."

Thett started. YYW. Right. There was a certain beauty about the man. Intelligent. A skilled fighter. Handsome. A strong, ambitious drive, tempered only by his affection for bsh1. There was something familiar in such motivation.

"You're right." Thett offered Zaradi a small smile. "Let's make history."

Zaradi smiled in return. "That's all I've ever wanted to do."

Present Day
The City of Awindar

"What do you think of our chances?"

Angel pursed her lips, considering DK's question carefully. She pondered each word as though it had physical weight. Then she gave a sugary smile.

"Bright as the sun glinting off snow, DK!"

DK shook his head, chuckling. "You're ridiculous."

"Ridiculous as the new tax levied by the Practitioners."

DK wandered over to the coffee pot sitting innocently on a shelf. He poured himself a cup. Sure, it was midafternoon, but he needed something if he was going to endure Angel's perpetual cheeriness.

"Coffee, Angel?" He asked as he finished pouring. She shook her head. "How about you, History?"

"No, thank you."

DK shrugged. "More for me, I suppose." He returned to his seat. Angel sat on the couch opposite him. Her feet were up on the small glass table. Again. "History, what about you? What do you think of our chances of winning?"

"In the past," History began, as he always did, "the people have always voted to allow the Practitioners to retain power. Six years ago, we received 43% of the popular vote. Six years before that, our party got 39%. And six years before that, it was 31%. So we're moving in the right direction. Debility - Liz's party - always siphons a few votes, but she's never gotten more than 8%."

"We could have formed a coalition with her six years ago," DK thought aloud, "if she weren't hell-bent on abolishing technology."

"It wasn't six years ago she got the 8%," History said. "Six years ago, she received only 3% of the vote."

"43%." DK set his coffee cup on the table and rested his hands on his knees. "Is there any rhyme or reason to our increases in popularity?"

"None," History replied.

"Must be your good looks," Angel winked.

DK curled his hands into fists for a moment. Then he relaxed. "Is there any truth to the rumor that the Practitioners have kidnapped the president of DDO?"

"Probably," Angel commented. "It wouldn't surprise me one bit!"

History anticipated where the conversation was going. "It's a conspiracy, DK. If you run with that attack - that the Practitioners have orchestrated a war to remain in power - you'll be branded a nutjob. We'll lose all of the support we've worked so hard to build."

"If only we could find proof," DK mused. He picked up his coffee and took a sip to buy a few seconds of silence. How could they find proof? Break into the Practitioner's stronghold? That was madness.

As he pondered, there was a commotion from outside the room. The door burst open, and a young man burst in. He looked to be no older than 18. His gaze darted around the room. When his eyes fell on DK, his mouth dropped open, and a sound like air bubbling from a tire came forth.

Angel walked around behind the man and closed the door. Smiling, she reached into her shirt and pulled out a knife.

"Angel! What the hell?" DK spat out his coffee. The liquid splattered over the floor.

"Who are you?" Angel prodded the intruder in the back. "Why are you here?"

"Are you insane?" The man was trying to crane his neck to see Angel.

"Angel, put away the knife!" DK agreed. He'd thought she was so cheery and happy - what was up with this? Why would Angel carry a weapon in her...?

"Who are you?" Angel repeated, ignoring DK. "Why are you here?"

"I just...I just got lost looking for the bathroom!"

"Okay." Angel tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Which leg are you more fond of? Your right or your left? I'd hate to sever your favorite hamstring."

"Wait!" The man gave up trying to turn around. DK could read the panic in his eyes. He set the coffee down again and stood up from the couch. He glanced at History, who was watching the scene unfold as though it were a play. Shaking his head, DK walked over to the intruder.

"It's alright. She won't hurt you. Tell us who you are."

The man gulped. "My name's 1harder."

"1harder." DK nodded. "Would you like some coffee?"

The Kingdom of DDO

Romanii slept peacefully in his room.

NiamC had administered some drugs to induce a dreamless sleep. Romanii shifted beneath the blankets. His mind was a dark void. At that moment, he was aware of nothing. It was hardly better than when he was awake.

Late afternoon dawned in the Kingdom. Through the window blinds, long shadows stretched into the room as the sun gradually turned away. Aside from Romanii's occasional snore, the scene could have been a painted image. Still. Silent. Eerily beautiful.

Then one of the shadows twitched.

Like spider legs, or tendrils, more and more shadows arose. They began to weave themselves together, almost as if sewing a dress from the bottom-up. They reached upward a few feet, just enough to form a humanoid shape.

Seventh stepped out of the shadows, and instantly, they returned to what reality dictated they be - mere patches of darkness cast by the obstruction of light.

Seventh swiftly but softly approached the bed. NiamC was somewhere else in the hospital, in all likelihood and there didn't appear to be any other doctors or nurses around. Romanii was alone with her. Romanii. The man who had broken her heart.

Seventh glance down at Romanii. He didn't appear to be moving. Gingerly, she reached out, and laid her hand on his head. She ran her fingers through his hair. In her other hand, a point of silver glittered against the darkness.

Could it really have been so easy? What had happened to him, anyway? She didn't think he'd been this injured in the battle. Had he tried to free kbub without her?

It didn't matter now.

Seventh slowly raised the knife above her head.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:24:56 PM
Well, here we are." Bullish indicated the Openny River with a wave of his hand. "The closest thing our Kingdom has to a harbor. To reach the sea, you'd need to sail along the Openny River for...well, awhile, I imagine."

"First, of course, you would need a ship," Truth chimed in.

"Royal says she can get us one." YYW stood next to bsh1. They were holding hands.

Royal nodded. She looked around. There was a small storehouse with wood and iron nearby. Two small fishing boats bobbed gently in the river's current. The temperature was nice - good for sailing. Granted, Royal found herself wishing that the sky was a bit cloudier than it was. She didn't have much use for the afternoon sun. But everything else - yes, the supplies would do nicely.

"Sit back and watch," Royal told the others. She held out her hands and closed her eyes. She could do this. She knew she could do this. She could do it because she had to. This was the first step toward reuniting with Thett. With her child.

"By Juggle!" General Lannan gaped. The two fishing boats were being drawn toward Royal. He could hear the wood creaking in protest as Royal's spell overpowered the naturally flowing current and forced the boats closer. Wood and iron began pouring out of the storehouse, heading toward the boats.

Airmax gripped Royal's shoulder. "What are you doing?" He demanded.

Royal snorted. "It's simple. I'm bringing your boats to a time when they are seaworthy."

"What does that mean?"

Royal mastered the impulse to gloat. "My magic allows me to control the flow of time. The ships may not be seaworthy now, so I am merely evolving them into a future where they are seaworthy." She opened one eye and saw the look on Airmax's face. "Relax, Airmax. I can control my powers just fine."

A brilliant white light burst forth from Royal's hands. It engulfed the ships, the wood, the iron - even the water. Everyone else shielded their eyes. A small grin tugged at Royal's lips as she stared into the light. Of course everyone else averted their gaze. Light was painful. It was darkness that offered relief.

As the light began to fade, exhaustion swept over Royal. She would have collapsed right there if Airmax hadn't been holding her.

"Royal," she heard him say as the light evaporated, "where did you get this power?"

"Sorry, Evil Queen," Royal replied coyly, "but I guess this means your monopoly is broken." Turning toward the others, Royal beamed triumphantly. "Well?"

There, floating in the river, was a single ship, the likes of which nobody had ever seen. Granted, its size wasn't terribly impressive, but the build, the mast - the representatives of DDO were awestruck. Even Airmax didn't have words.

Truth walked toward the riverbank. He laid a hand on the stern frame. "Amazing," he breathed.

"Teach me to do that!" General Lannan agreed. "Whoa!"

Royal gave a small curtsy. "Your ship awaits, gentlemen. Now who's off to rescue Mikal?"

It turned out, that question hadn't quite been decided yet. Most of it had - Airmax had handpicked a small squad to sail to Awindar and liberate the president. But YYW and bsh1 were having a disagreement.

"I won't stay behind!" bsh1 clung to YYW. "You promised we'd never be separated again! You promised!"

"You'll be safer here," YYW coaxed. "There could be all sorts of dangers on the open sea. There are all sorts of dangers in Awindar. I won't put you in danger."

"That's not your choice to make!" bsh1 screamed. "It's mine! And I'm going with you!"

"You sure you don't want to go?" Airmax asked Bullish, ignoring the commotion.

"I'm sure," Bullish answered. "Someone needs to stay here and keep the Kingdom running. You can count on me, Airmax. I won't let anything bad happen."

Airmax nodded. "Truth, you'll keep him safe?"

"Of course." Truth saluted.

Airmax turned back to Bullish. "I'm going to give you temporary Moderator powers. You'll need them to help you govern the Kingdom in my absence."

"I humbly accept." Bullish inclined his head. Airmax placed the tip of his finger on Bullish's forehead. There was a flash of sapphire light, and Airmax stepped away. Bullish looked up at him. Then his eyes rolled back in his head, and he collapsed to the ground.

"What the?" Truth ran forward. "What have you done?"

"Relax. His body's simply adjusting to the magic energy. He'll be fine." Airmax clapped his hands. Purple smoke issued forth - the same smoke he had used to expel Imabench so long ago. The same smoke Ore_Ele had used to terrify so many citizens. But Airmax wasn't Ore_Ele.

The smoke cleared, revealing a very disgruntled-looking NiamC.

"I told you," he groaned. "First of all, never summon me by magic. Second, I'm a little busy treating everyone at the Health Forum."

"You're needed," Airmax replied. "No one else knows what supplies to look for. You're the only one of us with any medical training, so if something goes wrong.... There are other doctors and nurses to look after your patients at the Health Forum. I promise you, they'll be looked after until your return. I've..." he paused. "I've asked Oryus' sister to come and help."

Saying that name, after everything Airmax had done, after what he had done to his best friend, felt like swallowing poison. Airmax knew he didn't deserve to speak that name.

"What about Jonbonbon?" NiamC either hadn't noticed Airmax's momentary lapse, or he had chosen to overlook it.

"She's needed," Airmax agreed, "but she won't leave Storm." He attempted a joke. "She'd probably just kill me if I summoned her here."

It wasn't a very good joke.

"Fine!" YYW threw his hands up in the air. "Do you know how to defend yourself?"

"I can fight," bsh1 replied indignantly. "Storm taught me a few things...before...and ever since the battle, I've been training. I won't be a burden to you."

"You're never a burden to me," YYW answered immediately. All signs of their earlier fight melted away as they kissed.

Royal coughed. "Are we leaving or what?"

"Right." General Lannan nodded. "Let's get going, then."

The party hesitantly boarded the ship, as if afraid it might turn into a dragon and consume them. Only Royal bounded onto it eagerly. General Lannan inched his way up. NiamC went right after him, and even Airmax seemed a bit cautious.

"Come on, lovebirds!" Royal called down to YYW and bsh1. "Or we'll leave you behind. It's a long journey. You'll have plenty of time for kissing...or whatever."

YYW shot her an angry glare, but he and bsh1 boarded the ship.

"Do we have supplies?" NiamC asked.

"Already magicked them into the hold," Airmax winked. NiamC whistled appreciatively.

"Anchors away! Or something," Royal said. The ship began to drift down the river.

"Keep the Kingdom safe!" Airmax called out to Truth and Bullish, the latter of whom was still unconscious. Truth waved in acknowledgement.

"We're off on a brand new journey," bsh1 remarked to YYW.

YYW squeezed his hand. "We're off on a brand new journey together."

bsh1 smiled. "Together."

Royal looked down. The Openny River flowed loosely below her. The ship created waves of disturbance, but there were brief seconds where the water was calm, and she could almost discern her reflection.

The Openny River carried them onwards. Toward the sea. Toward Awindar.

Toward the unknown.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 5:16:10 PM
Oh, I didn't even realize you updated.

Well, it looks like the start of several new, interesting storylines. Another great episode!
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 5:31:20 PM
At 2/21/2015 5:16:10 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

xD
Well, you're in this one.

Well, it looks like the start of several new, interesting storylines. Another great episode!

Thanks, Seventh!
Which storyline do you find the most intriguing?
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 5:48:25 PM
At 2/21/2015 5:31:20 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/21/2015 5:16:10 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

xD
Well, you're in this one.

Thanks, Seventh!
Which storyline do you find the most intriguing?

Well Seventh not killing Romanii and questioning the darkening OR Seventh's guilt as the hunt for Romanii's killer goes on will be interesting, but, especially considering blade's abilities nearly matching Max's, Mikal's rescue and how they go about it will be really fascinating.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:30:59 PM
lol at the "suffering is good" bit
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 2:18:29 AM
At 2/20/2015 3:24:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
The previous episode can be found here: http://www.debate.org......

4 Weeks Ago (1 Week Before the Battle of DDO)
The Church of Universal Faith

This name is quite interesting I find.
Zaradi and Thett sat in the makeshift war council room beneath the church. Zaradi was poring over a makeshift map (really, everything about the revolution was makeshift) spread across a table. Thett had his eyes closed. There was nothing to occupy him from his thoughts. The room certainly wasn't worth looking at. He was pretty sure that there were termites in the walls, and the whole room stank like curdled milk. It was a thoroughly miserable place to plan a revolution, and Thett had no trouble telling Zaradi as much.

I'm intrigued as to why you decided the war council room is under a church. I am wondering what the allegory or symbol is here.
"Endure it," Zaradi replied. "Suffering breeds strength."

Thett opened his eyes. Zaradi didn't appear to have even looked at Thett when he replied. Thett bit his lip. He wondered how long Zaradi had lived his life according to that mantra. Suffering breeds strength. Thett couldn't bring himself to accept it. In the weeks since Royal had left, Thett certainly hadn't felt any stronger. If anything, he was lesser. Incomplete. Little more than an object, something that functioned. A chair, perhaps. Thett the chair. It was hardly a grand title, but then, it wasn't supposed to be.

Your internal monologues are really unique. You make the chracters compare themselves to things, objects. And then switch back to omniscient narrator.
"The Evil Queen Airmax and the devil Ore_Ele will likely station troops around the palace. Here," Zaradi pointed at a spot on his map. "And here." He reclined in his seat and frowned. "What do you think, Thett?"

'I'm thinking that I should make a smart azz reply right about now'
Thett tried reclining as well, only his chair tipped backwards, and he had to flail to avoid falling. "Whatever you say, Zaradi."

Inside his head : 'damnit! Just when I had something witty to say!'
Zaradi tapped his leg. "Come on, now. This is war. I'm not asking your opinion on a new book. This is for you. For all of us. YYW can be yours."

Love triangles are a b*tch aren't they? Always causing wars and sht.
Thett started. YYW. Right. There was a certain beauty about the man. Intelligent. A skilled fighter. Handsome. A strong, ambitious drive, tempered only by his affection for bsh1. There was something familiar in such motivation.

You must make YYW very flattered bro. I mean if I read in a fanfic such a beautiful description of my chracter I would more than just blush.
"You're right." Thett offered Zaradi a small smile. "Let's make history."

Zaradi smiled in return. "That's all I've ever wanted to do."

Oh sht. Zaradi, not you too ><
Unlessof course my theory is false and he's not in love with thett.

Present Day
The City of Awindar

Hell yeah! Awinder baby!
"What do you think of our chances?"

Angel pursed her lips, considering DK's question carefully. She pondered each word as though it had physical weight. Then she gave a sugary smile.

That descriotion makes me hungry.
"Bright as the sun glinting off snow, DK!"

Woah, DK you've got your own 'King in the north' appraisal now.
DK shook his head, chuckling. "You're ridiculous."

"Ridiculous as the new tax levied by the Practitioners."

I find the mixture of politics and magic quite unique and interesting.
DK wandered over to the coffee pot sitting innocently on a shelf. He poured himself a cup. Sure, it was midafternoon, but he needed something if he was going to endure Angel's perpetual cheeriness.

Uh, wait, so drinking coffee in the afternoon is bad? Sht.
"Coffee, Angel?" He asked as he finished pouring. She shook her head. "How about you, History?"

"No, thank you."

DK shrugged. "More for me, I suppose." He returned to his seat. Angel sat on the couch opposite him. Her feet were up on the small glass table. Again. "History, what about you? What do you think of our chances of winning?"

"In the past," History began, as he always did, "the people have always voted to allow the Practitioners to retain power. Six years ago, we received 43% of the popular vote. Six years before that, our party got 39%. And six years before that, it was 31%. So we're moving in the right direction. Debility - Liz's party - always siphons a few votes, but she's never gotten more than 8%."

"We could have formed a coalition with her six years ago," DK thought aloud, "if she weren't hell-bent on abolishing technology."

"It wasn't six years ago she got the 8%," History said. "Six years ago, she received only 3% of the vote."

You gotta love them statistics. XD
"43%." DK set his coffee cup on the table and rested his hands on his knees. "Is there any rhyme or reason to our increases in popularity?"

"None," History replied.

"Must be your good looks," Angel winked.

Man, even DK is getting extremely flattered. Lol X) just sayin.
DK curled his hands into fists for a moment. Then he relaxed. "Is there any truth to the rumor that the Practitioners have kidnapped the president of DDO?"

"Probably," Angel commented. "It wouldn't surprise me one bit!"

History anticipated where the conversation was going. "It's a conspiracy, DK. If you run with that attack - that the Practitioners have orchestrated a war to remain in power - you'll be branded a nutjob. We'll lose all of the support we've worked so hard to build."

"If only we could find proof," DK mused. He picked up his coffee and took a sip to buy a few seconds of silence. How could they find proof? Break into the Practitioner's stronghold? That was madness.

God I love conspiracies!
As he pondered, there was a commotion from outside the room. The door burst open, and a young man burst in. He looked to be no older than 18. His gaze darted around the room. When his eyes fell on DK, his mouth dropped open, and a sound like air bubbling from a tire came forth.

Who the shite is this?
Angel walked around behind the man and closed the door. Smiling, she reached into her shirt and pulled out a knife.

She's as violent as in AGOD lol :P
"Angel! What the hell?" DK spat out his coffee. The liquid splattered over the floor.

OMFG LOL!
Endark, you're way too good at comedy.
"Who are you?" Angel prodded the intruder in the back. "Why are you here?
Angel's character makes everything so exciting!
"Are you insane?" The man was trying to crane his neck to see Angel.

"Angel, put away the knife!" DK agreed. He'd thought she was so cheery and happy - what was up with this? Why would Angel carry a weapon in her...?

Cause she's awesome! ^^
"Who are you?" Angel repeated, ignoring DK. "Why are you here?"

"I just...I just got lost looking for the bathroom!"

what the shite? The bathroom?
"Okay." Angel tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Which leg are you more fond of? Your right or your left? I'd hate to sever your favorite hamstring."

Holy fvck I am loving her!
"Wait!" The man gave up trying to turn around. DK could read the panic in his eyes. He set the coffee down again and stood up from the couch. He glanced at History, who was watching the scene unfold as though it were a play. Shaking his head, DK walked over to the intruder.

"It's alright. She won't hurt you. Tell us who you are."

The man gulped. "My name's 1harder."

XD
"1harder." DK nodded. "Would you like some coffee?"

XD
That was crazy good man. As always.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 2:22:32 AM

The Kingdom of DDO

'Surprise!' said Adam as he barged into the room.
NiamC had administered some drugs to induce a dreamless sleep. Romanii shifted beneath the blankets. His mind was a dark void. At that moment, he was aware of nothing. It was hardly better than when he was awake.

Man, that is scary.
Late afternoon dawned in the Kingdom. Through the window blinds, long shadows stretched into the room as the sun gradually turned away. Aside from Romanii's occasional snore, the scene could have been a painted image. Still. Silent. Eerily beautiful.

Poetic sht right here.

Creepy.
Like spider legs, or tendrils, more and more shadows arose. They began to weave themselves together, almost as if sewing a dress from the bottom-up. They reached upward a few feet, just enough to form a humanoid shape.

Holy fvck that's creepy.
Seventh stepped out of the shadows, and instantly, they returned to what reality dictated they be - mere patches of darkness cast by the obstruction of light.

Seventh?? How you've changed! (Ps. Shes one of my fav characters)
Seventh swiftly but softly approached the bed. NiamC was somewhere else in the hospital, in all likelihood and there didn't appear to be any other doctors or nurses around. Romanii was alone with her. Romanii. The man who had broken her heart.

Uh oh. . .
Seventh glance down at Romanii. He didn't appear to be moving. Gingerly, she reached out, and laid her hand on his head. She ran her fingers through his hair. In her other hand, a point of silver glittered against the darkness.

Oh shite.
Could it really have been so easy? What had happened to him, anyway? She didn't think he'd been this injured in the battle. Had he tried to free kbub without her?

It didn't matte
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 2:44:00 AM
At 2/20/2015 3:24:56 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, here we are." Bullish indicated the Openny River with a wave of his hand. "The closest thing our Kingdom has to a harbor. To reach the sea, you'd need to sail along the Openny River for...well, awhile, I imagine."

Openny river? A river that opens? Cool! XD
"First, of course, you would need a ship," Truth chimed in.

Truth??
"Royal says she can get us one." YYW stood next to bsh1. They were holding hands.

Brah, I sincerely think thett and YYW should totally be together. Team thett ya know?
Royal nodded. She looked around. There was a small storehouse with wood and iron nearby. Two small fishing boats bobbed gently in the river's current. The temperature was nice - good for sailing. Granted, Royal found herself wishing that the sky was a bit cloudier than it was. She didn't have much use for the afternoon sun. But everything else - yes, the supplies would do nicely.

Cloudy skies? What are you planning Royal?
"Sit back and watch," Royal told the others. She held out her hands and closed her eyes. She could do this. She knew she could do this. She could do it because she had to. This was the first step toward reuniting with Thett. With her child.

Go Royal!
"By Juggle!" General Lannan gaped. The two fishing boats were being drawn toward Royal. He could hear the wood creaking in protest as Royal's spell overpowered the naturally flowing current and forced the boats closer. Wood and iron began pouring out of the storehouse, heading toward the boats.

Airmax gripped Royal's shoulder. "What are you doing?" He demanded.

Royal snorted. "It's simple. I'm bringing your boats to a time when they are seaworthy."

"What does that mean?"

Royal mastered the impulse to gloat. "My magic allows me to control the flow of time. The ships may not be seaworthy now, so I am merely evolving them into a future where they are seaworthy." She opened one eye and saw the look on Airmax's face. "Relax, Airmax. I can control my powers just fine."

Royal you're OP as shite ya know that? X)
A brilliant white light burst forth from Royal's hands. It engulfed the ships, the wood, the iron - even the water. Everyone else shielded their eyes. A small grin tugged at Royal's lips as she stared into the light. Of course everyone else averted their gaze. Light was painful. It was darkness that offered relief.

The truth has been spoken.
As the light began to fade, exhaustion swept over Royal. She would have collapsed right there if Airmax hadn't been holding her.

"Royal," she heard him say as the light evaporated, "where did you get this power?"

From da darkness b*tch!
"Sorry, Evil Queen," Royal replied coyly, "but I guess this means your monopoly is broken." Turning toward the others, Royal beamed triumphantly. "Well?"

There, floating in the river, was a single ship, the likes of which nobody had ever seen. Granted, its size wasn't terribly impressive, but the build, the mast - the representatives of DDO were awestruck. Even Airmax didn't have words.

I'm so proud of you Royal! &#128514;
Truth walked toward the riverbank. He laid a hand on the stern frame. "Amazing," he breathed.

Yer goddamn right it is.
"Teach me to do that!" General Lannan agreed. "Whoa!"

Royal gave a small curtsy. "Your ship awaits, gentlemen. Now who's off to rescue Mikal?"

Uh. . .
It turned out, that question hadn't quite been decided yet. Most of it had - Airmax had handpicked a small squad to sail to Awindar and liberate the president. But YYW and bsh1 were having a disagreement.

"I won't stay behind!" bsh1 clung to YYW. "You promised we'd never be separated again! You promised!"

"You'll be safer here," YYW coaxed. "There could be all sorts of dangers on the open sea. There are all sorts of dangers in Awindar. I won't put you in danger."

"That's not your choice to make!" bsh1 screamed. "It's mine! And I'm going with you!"

"You sure you don't want to go?" Airmax asked Bullish, ignoring the commotion.

"I'm sure," Bullish answered. "Someone needs to stay here and keep the Kingdom running. You can count on me, Airmax. I won't let anything bad happen."

I have a feeling that's exactly what's gonna happen X)
Airmax nodded. "Truth, you'll keep him safe?"

"Of course." Truth saluted.

Airmax turned back to Bullish. "I'm going to give you temporary Moderator powers. You'll need them to help you govern the Kingdom in my absence."

"I humbly accept." Bullish inclined his head. Airmax placed the tip of his finger on Bullish's forehead. There was a flash of sapphire light, and Airmax stepped away. Bullish looked up at him. Then his eyes rolled back in his head, and he collapsed to the ground.

Man. Now I want to be a moderator too!
"What the?" Truth ran forward. "What have you done?"

"Relax. His body's simply adjusting to the magic energy. He'll be fine." Airmax clapped his hands. Purple smoke issued forth - the same smoke he had used to expel Imabench so long ago. The same smoke Ore_Ele had used to terrify so many citizens. But Airmax wasn't Ore_Ele.

The smoke cleared, revealing a very disgruntled-looking NiamC.

"I told you," he groaned. "First of all, never summon me by magic. Second, I'm a little busy treating everyone at the Health Forum."

"You're needed," Airmax replied. "No one else knows what supplies to look for. You're the only one of us with any medical training, so if something goes wrong.... There are other doctors and nurses to look after your patients at the Health Forum. I promise you, they'll be looked after until your return. I've..." he paused. "I've asked Oryus' sister to come and help."

Saying that name, after everything Airmax had done, after what he had done to his best friend, felt like swallowing poison. Airmax knew he didn't deserve to speak that name.

"What about Jonbonbon?" NiamC either hadn't noticed Airmax's momentary lapse, or he had chosen to overlook it.

"She's needed," Airmax agreed, "but she won't leave Storm." He attempted a joke. "She'd probably just kill me if I summoned her here."

It wasn't a very good joke.

"Fine!" YYW threw his hands up in the air. "Do you know how to defend yourself?"

"I can fight," bsh1 replied indignantly. "Storm taught me a few things...before...and ever since the battle, I've been training. I won't be a burden to you."

Oooh, training eh?
"You're never a burden to me," YYW answered immediately. All signs of their earlier fight melted away as they kissed.
*ahem*
Royal coughed. "Are we leaving or what?"

"Right." General Lannan nodded. "Let's get going, then."

The party hesitantly boarded the ship, as if afraid it might turn into a dragon and consume them. Only Royal bounded onto it eagerly. General Lannan inched his way up. NiamC went right after him, and even Airmax seemed a bit cautious.

"Come on, lovebirds!" Royal called down to YYW and bsh1. "Or we'll leave you behind. It's a long journey. You'll have plenty of time for kissing...or whatever."

YYW shot her an angry glare, but he and bsh1 boarded the ship.

"Do we have supplies?" NiamC asked.

"Already magicked them into the hold," Airmax winked. NiamC whistled appreciatively.

Freakin magic amiright?
"Anchors away! Or something," Royal said. The ship began to drift down the river.

Lol Royal. Scratch what I said earlier, you're my favourite character now.
"Keep the Kingdom safe!" Airmax called out to Truth and Bullish, the latter of whom was still unconscious. Truth waved in acknowledgement.

"We're off on a brand new journey," bsh1 remarked to YYW.

YYW squeezed his hand. "We're off on a brand new journey together."

bsh1 smiled. "Together."
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 2:45:59 AM
At 2/20/2015 3:24:56 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Royal looked down. The Openny River flowed loosely below her. The ship created waves of disturbance, but there were brief seconds where the water was calm, and she could almost discern her reflection.

The Openny River carried them onwards. Toward the sea. Toward Awindar.

Toward the unknown.
I am seriously excited right now. Can't wait for the next chapter!! XD
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 8:01:02 AM
At 2/22/2015 2:22:32 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

The Kingdom of DDO

'Surprise!' said Adam as he barged into the room.

Man, that is scary.

Poetic sht right here.

Creepy.

Holy fvck that's creepy.

Seventh?? How you've changed! (Ps. Shes one of my fav characters)

<:*

Uh oh. . .

Oh shite.

It didn't matte
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16