Jump to topic:

A Game of DDO Season 2: Chapter 3

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 8:40:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sorry for the delay guys, this is going to be a really long chapter. So I understand if there's not going to be a piece by piece commentary. Please read it and enjoy the ride! ^^

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

==========
Crossroads
==========

Two years ago. In the streets of Gullhorn.

"Phantom. Why are you so grumpy all the time?" Rev asked the old man. Since joining the brotherhood, the previously skinny man had gained some weight. Now, he looked fairly normal. Despite the huge sideways scar he had across his chest, which he kept hidden under his half torned shirt.

Rev had a similar attire.

His friend grunted a hmph. "Lad, when you get to my age and you've seen all the things a man don't want to see in the world, you can get a little grumpy."

He grimaced. "I gutted a man once Rev. Had my hands wrapped around his guts. Before we joined the brotherhood, I was just the local blacksmith. Not a murderer. Not some kind of egalitarian." His voice was thick with the accent of a street-born.

He continued on. "Winters before I met you Rev, I was married and was about to have a family. I had a wife, her name was Carla... She gave birth to our child, Yoref. Just a sweet lil' boy. No bigger than an arm's length."

Rev was cleaning his bloodstained dagger with his shirt. He had his back leaned against the brickwall, sitting on the cold dirty floor. In front of him was a small trench that led out of the alleyway. "What happened?" He asked his partner, sitting next to him.

"We were poor. My blacksmith store, my home, had closed up cause I couldn't damn pay rent to the Land Lord. Carla gave birth to our son in the streets, right out in the public. Course, no one cared to stop by and help us.."

His eyes grew distant and he scratched his growing beard.

"There were no comfy sheets. No warm water. No midwife. Just the street full of so much sh*t, you could swim in it. When it was done, and little Yoref, all pink and soft, was in his mother's arms..."

"Carla turned the child heads down and toes up. Then she slammed the lil' babe's head to the floor." Phantom quivered.

"I know you've seen brains before. I know you've seen those little pink bits squished out of men's skulls. The day you saved my life, you gave those thugs a good whack on the head. It's like squishing fruit. Bloody. But you get used to it. Eventually."

Phantom's mouth hung open, trying to find the words.

"... But if you heard that baby's head crack open... If you've seen how easy his whole brain flew out his head, splat on the walls... Then you've known no greater evil. No bigger sin."

Rev was silent but disturbed by what the man had just said. He continued wiping his blade. Staring emptily at the sharp edge.

"After that, me and Carla fought with each other. She hit me, so I hit her back. Gave her a punch to her belly. Then, she ran away."

Phantom paused for a moment. The air was stale and pungent. He continued, gazing at the opposite wall.

"After wanderin" around the streets for months and months, with no job or money, I started to understand why she killed our baby."

"The streets is no place for children."

Rev nodded, remembering his youth in the slums of Rat Alley.

"I've seen little peasant girls, wanderin' about under moonlight, forced to have sex with drunk merchants. I've seen little boys, no older than you, lured in by whores, then sold off as slaves to some Lord in some land. I've seen children murder each other, using nothing but their hands, fighting over a toy on the street."

He breathed out, eyes closed.

"Life is hell Rev. There will always be them rich f*cks and then there'll always us. The lucky bastards. And the unlucky wenches. The ones who live old. And the ones who die young."

Phantom grunted again. "And that is why I'm always grumpy lad."

Rev stopped wiping the dagger, he turned it over and swung it at the opposite wall. It flew and stuck inside the brick. "Is that why you joined the brotherhood? To find equality? To find... justice?" His eyes were wide like a child.

Phantom chuckled dryly. "It sure is why you joined."

Rev nodded. "I've always been wonderin' about why we have to kill? If we're all equal, then why do we decide who lives and dies?"

His partner sighed. "To get back at the rich f*cks that's why. To take back what's ours. Justice."

"Is that why we steal from others? Because it's ours by right?" Phantom did not answer. Rev gazed at the sky above.

The clouds were beginning to grey and rain would come. Rev knew they needed to move soon. Phantom spoke.

"Rev. If you're having doubts, you can always leave the brotherhood. This sort of business ain't fit for a lad like you"

Rev looked at Phantom cursiously, as if the man had grown two heads. He grinned and nudged the old man on the shoulder. "And leave you alone with Big Mikey? You need me to watch your back."

Phantom smiled, wrinkles forming around his eyes. "You're a good lad ya know that? Annoying as hell but good. Someday, you'd might make a fine man."

Yeah, Rev thought to himself. Someday...
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 8:43:02 AM
=====
Pride
=====

Lord Altar pulled the chest armour over his head. He had a young squire, 21 namedays, to help him. He fastened both gauntlets to his hands. Everything he wore was bronze in colour. Altar would not wear a red cape this day.

The sun had risen. Sunlight poured through his room and illuminated Altar, making his armour shine bright and brilliant. He turned to his squire and nodded. The squire bowed and began to walk away, but then he stopped and turned around.

"Lord Altar, if I may ask. Who will be most honoured to face you today?"

Altar stared at the squire questioningly, then he replied. "A squire like you. But younger."

The squire looked surprised. "Oh is that so? Forgive me for asking, it's just that I'm actually a huge fan of yours. I've heard of every duel you've had in the past. Including the ones that were prisoner trials. They say you've never lost a battle." The squire brimmed with excitement.

"Yes. That is correct. I have never lost. Nor do I intend to. I have a squire to kill in an hour, so please leave and tell Grand Meister Max to prepare the arena and bring in the guests."

The boy was stunned for a second. But he bowed again and rushed out of the room.

Altar stared at the reflection in the mirror. He admitted that he looked much better in the armoured suit. He decided he would not take the shield to the battle. The fight wouldn't take long to finish anyway.

He would not show mercy in the combat, he knew. He did not feel guilty about killing the boy. He never did. I will show you my Queen, Altar thought to himself, determined. I will show you that I am still a worthy man.
__________________________________________________________________________________

========
Freedom
========

Clank. Clank.

Adam touched Jibber's armour plated shoulder as they walked. It felt cold. The plate was made of cheap copper. It worried Adam that Jibber did not carry a shield.

Clank. Clank.

"You alright Jib?" Adam asked. His voice was toneless. Dead.

Jibber nodded. The area around his eyes were red and in the dark of the tunnel, he squinted from the source of light ahead of him.

Clank. Clank.

"Jibber." Adam tried to say something. But his voice was stuck with dread.

Clank. Clank.

"Try not to die."

Jibber nodded again. This time slowly. His face was sombre as he stared at the light at the end of the tunnel. His cheeks were hollow. His hair was messier than hay. Jibber did not look well.

But Adam could see that the boy was ready. Jibber was willing to die for his freedom.

Something else bothered Adam. If Jibber was to win, he would have to either kill his uncle or force his uncle to surrender. Neither options seemed likely. Jibber was not a killer.

But he had to be sure.

"Jibber..."

Jibber looked back at Adam, then straight front. "What is it Adamus?"

Adam couldn't find the right words. He blurted, "try not to kill my dad Jib."

Jibber stared at Adam. There was something hidden in his eyes. Adam couldn't tell what it was. But then Jibber smiled. "This trial has suddenly gotten a lot harder."

Adam couldn't help but laugh. He slapped his friend on the back. Jibber lurched forwards a little. "Whoops sorry JIb."

Jibber regained his posture and replied, "It's fine. I just hope I don't collapse and sprain my ankle again before the battle."

Adam chuckled again. But then turned serious. He looked at Jibber with worried eyes. "Just... Don't die okay? You're the only one I trust in this bloody kingdom."

Jibber nodded, solemn again. Light filled more of Adam's vision. For a moment, everything was blurry. Then he saw it.

Daltonia's Arena.
____________________________________________________________________________________
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 8:43:37 AM
==============
Daltonia's Arena
==============

The crowd erupted in a cheer. They sat around the circular battle arena. A dome shaped ceiling was visible high above.

Among the audience were the members of the high council. Lords Jacobis, Winston, Denbug, Rutherford, Linkish and Baron Lannan. The others were the upper class residents of Daltonia's bay, all excited to see two men fight to the death.

Lord Altar saw the squire and Adamus emerge from the entrance tunnel. They were illuminated by the flame torches surrounding the walls of the small arena. Altar counted at least two hundred audiences that had come to see the battle.

Adamus stood by in the sidelines, besides the high stair-like seats. Watching from the shadows. Altar spotted Romani on the opposite end, also encased in shadow. Come to see me die is it? Watch closely boys. See how a real warrior fights.

The squire walked towards Altar. His armoury was loosely fitted and looked papery thin. It would barely take a nick of Altar's blade to shred it all to pieces. Altar sighed silently. The battle would be even shorter than he had imagined.

"Lord Altar." The squire greeted, as he came a couple of shields apart from Altar. He looked around from left to right. "Is there no Meister?"

"No boy. What do you think this is? A knight's joust?"

The squire was silent.

"Very well," Altar said, pulling his Bluesteel longsword from the scabbath. The tip of it was almost level to his forehead. It shone bright from reflection, a golden colour was cast.

The squire lifted his own sword. It was half the size of Altar's and was made of Roylatham steel. Adamus must have given it to him. The blade was thin and looked black as coal.

They stood unmoving for a while.

Altar began first. He swung his golden longsword at the squire. The squire seemed panicked and deflected it. The metal ring echoed throughout the arena.

The squire regained his footing, planting his feet firmly on the ground. Altar went for the second blow, toying with the squire with light attacks.

Clang. Clang. Clang.

Altar stepped back for a while, blood rushed throughout his body keeping him warm from the cold. His gloved hands tightened on the blade. The squire was breathing hard already, sweat forming on his forehead.

Altar was done testing his opponent. One month in prison had turned his opponent weaker than a street beggar. He could vaguely hear his son Adamus shouting at the squire encouragements.

Altar spoke to the squire, his voice was filled with contempt. "You've broken my law, allowed my son to drink mead. And then have the audacity to ask for a trial by combat to free you of your crimes? Your job was not to whore with my son, let him become drunk blind and then let an arrow shot through his leg."

The squire did not reply. His face was placid. Yet there was a small sign of guilt.

Alrar breathed out, preparing himself. His breath turned to mist. He charged at the squire, faster than he had in almost a decade. The squire did not move from his spot.

When their bodies came close, Altar lifted the sword high above his head and swung it downwards, aiming for the boy's head.

Thunk!

The boy was gone. The tip of the longsword sliced dirt. Dust built around Altar. He searched for the squire.

"Over here." A voice said from behind. Altar turned, swinging his blade swiftly. The sharp metal sliced air.

The dust cleared and Jibber, the squire, faced sideways, a hand behind his back and the thin tip of his sword pointing at Altar. He was only two steps from slitting Altar's throat.

"How did you...?" Altar was lost for words.

What in the seven bloody hells is going on here?!
____________________________________________________________________________________

======
Justice
======

Adam couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Jibber... How did... Jibber couldn't have been this fast in the night of the raid. But then Adam remembered, that night, Jibber had sprained his ankle because of him. He had been pushed by Adam into a barrel of mead.

Adam was only vaguely familiar with the Roylatham lancing position that Jibber stood in. He briefly recalled that it gave the sword user speed and agility beyond his dreams. Where had he learned all this??

Before Lord Altar could even gasp, Jibber's hand became a blur and the thin blade sliced his uncle's cheek just as he fell backwards. Blood oozed out of the cut and Lord Altar wiped the blood with his glove, inspecting the blood on his hand. Adam had never seen his uncle so baffled in his life.

Uncle... Adam had a bad feeling about the fight. There was no way the prideful man would surrender. So what other option was there?

Jibber did not stop. His whole body seemed to have vanished from the spot he was in. A blur, like a ghost, streaked around Lord Altar. Jibber appeared behind him and gave him a wide diagonal slash from top to bottom on his back. His uncle screamed as the armour was torn through, he fell to his knees and turned, swinging his blade frantically, trying to cut Jibber. Jibber backed off, walking slowly from Lord Altar.

"BASTARD!" Adam heard his uncle scream. "You bloody bastard!" Lord Altar fished around his back, as if trying to scratch an itch. Adam saw the long diagonal red wound from the shoulder blades to the hip. It looked raw and angry.

HIs uncle stood up and ran at Jibber, swinging the golden sword like a wooden bat. Losing his patience and all sense of duelling technique.

"Bastard!" He slashed at Jibber and Jibber sidestepped swiftly. Altar tried one more time and attempted to remove Jibber's head. Jibber's arm became a ghost like blur again and in the blink of an eye blood squirted from Lord Altar's arm. His uncle screamed, gripping the gauntlet with his other hand. He cursed and cursed.

But Jibber was relentless.

Slice by slice. Altar's armour was being shredded to bits and blood squirted and sprayed all around the two. A drop had squirted as far as Stormborn Romani. The blood splattered on his face. Adam's cousin did not wipe the blood, his eyes were wide with horror.

Jibber!! What are you doing? Adam panicked. Was his friend really going to kill his uncle? Adam did not like the man. He hated him. But...

Suddenly, Lord Altar's rage had peaked its maximum. He roared for a few seconds, his neck, a web of veins, mouth wide and face almost as red as the fresh trail of blood all around the back of his body. Jibber was motionless for a second, ears hurting from the battle cry.

Stop. STOP! This was all a mistake. How could he have let all this happen? This wasn't what he wanted. Adam watched with growing terror. The world became a fuzzy place, the boundaries between life and death were closing in and Adam was in the middle of it all.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 8:46:38 AM
======
Terror
======

Jibber recovered from Lord Altar's roar. He stammered at first, but eventually his vision refocused on the Lord. How was he that loud? But Jibber did not have time to waste. He needed to tire out Altar, make him give in because of the pain.

He decided there was only one thing to do. He needed to hack off his limbs. Adam wouldn't like it, but it would surely make him surrender.

Jibber prepared to attack. He positioned his legs and feet. And then with a kick, he swirled, spinning clockwise towards Lord Altar. He could only barely see him struggling to get up. The entire arena became a blur. He saw only the colours brown, grey...

And red.

Jibber reemerged from the transition. He swung his blade, spinning as he went, aiming for Lord Altar's upper right arm. The momentum would cut his arm off cleanly.

But at the last second, Lord Altar moved his arm upwards. The blade missed it by a hair's width. Time slowed for Jibber and he saw the black blade swerve under the arm and then the arm reaching for Jibber's throat.

Harkk!

Jibber choked as his windpipe became blocked against his will. Lord Altar's grin was hideous and his eyes were wide with mad fury.

"I've got you now you little bug!" Lord Altar spat at Jibber. Jibber's feet did not touch the ground and he could feel Lord Altar's leather glove tighten around his neck.

Jibber became lightheaded, his eyes rolled upwards and he lost what strength he had regained from last night. Jibber let go of the gauntlet he was holding. His arms dangled by his sides.

He could only barely hear the soft screams made by Adam as the crowd cheered.

=====
Fear
=====

Lord Altar crushed the little squire's throat. The itch in his head was maddeningly annoying now. Like hundreds of ants crawling in his head. He had to let it out. The rage.

The guilt.

He belted another roar. Letting out all the anger, the frustration, squeezing the boy's windpipe like squeezing a rubber tube. He threw the squire down. He hit the floor with a soft thump.

Altar's hands couldn't help but turn to claws, every muscle in his body was tense beyond his control. Spit dribbled down his chin. His vision blurred, the rage taking over his mind. Controlling him.

Like a monster.

He knelt above the squire. The boy's face was purple and his eyes were closed. As he bent to squeeze the boy's throat again, he felt the searing pain from the wounds in his back. He cried out, making a terrible scream, almost like a moan. He felt the hot, fresh wounds, screaming in sync with his own screams. The pain fueled his rage and instead of claws, his hands turned to fists, tightening the gloves until his fingers dug deep into his palms.

With another roar, he hammered the squire across the face from the right. Then another blow from the left. Each time, bruises started forming on the squire's face. The boy's lips cracked open. Blood covered Altar's knuckles and more blood sprayed upon the sandy floor.

Crunch!

The sickening sound echoed throughout the arena. Altar knew he would eventually crack open the boy's skull.

He did not stop the blows.

Crunch!

Out of the corner of his eyes, Altar saw Adamus trying to run to him, but being held back by two Arena guards. He was shouting something.

Crunch!

His vision became blurrier and blurrier. The itch had finally stopped. For the first time in the past month, Altar was beggining to feel relief. He liked the feeling.

The fists kept coming, hammering the boy's head. It felt easy. Like hitting a pillow over and over again. Altar prepared the final blow. Lifting his right fist high. The gauntlet on his arm shone bright. What had happened to his sword? Where was it? And why wasn't he using it? Altar knew why. This way was much more satisfying.

"UuuuOOOAARRR!" He cried out, putting every bit of his strength into the fist that hovered above the squires' head.

Every muscle in his body ached from the extreme tension. His face was bright red with veins popping on his forehead. But Altar felt good. He felt incredible.

Then, suddenly, a voice. It was familiar. Soft. Sweet. Yet sad at the same time.

"Altar!" A female voice shouted at him. The crowd around the arena was immediately shushed from their previous uproar. The still quietness froze Altar in place. His fist still hovered above the indiscernable face of the squire. He turned his head towards the voice. The adrenaline was quickly rushing out of his body.

It was the Queen.

"What is all this? What are you doing with that poor boy!" Her face, pale and slightly hollow, showed horror and shock. Her lips were wide open and her eyes were mixed with concern and terror. She wore her nightgown. A simple elegant silk dress. It showed how thin she had become.

My queen... Altar was lost for words. He fumbled in his head for something to say. A way to explain all this. He eventually stammered. "M-my Queen... I -"

Queen Gina Crescent of house Loria strode towards Altar. All of the eyes from the crowd followed her, amazed to see the 'Mishappen Queen' finally come out of her den since the night of the raid. She stopped in front of Altar and the boy. She looked saddened and pained.

"Is the boy dead?" She asked him, her tone was hollow. Lord Altar knew she was remembering the night when Edward died.

"My Queen?" Altar tried again. But the Queen shot him a furious look.

"IS the boy DEAD?" Altar bowed his head, feeling like a dog. He fumbled for the squire's neck and felt for a pulse. There. A slight beat. But only barely.

"No, my Queen." Altar's voice shook. Fear took hold of him, making him stare at his bloody hands. What have I done wrong?

Adamus had walked up to them now, his face showed horror too. Next was his true son, Romani. Underneath the dark shadow of his eyes, his son looked solemn.

"Stop this." The Queen commanded. Her voice softened as tears came to her eyes. "Please Altar, end this."

"I can't my Queen." Altar looked up at her with begful eyes. Please, don't make me... "This is a trial by combat."

"Then surrender." Her tone was stark. Dead.

Altar tried to plead with her again but stopped. He knew it was pointless. He could not disobey the Queen. Altar's heart felt heavy. The last bit of honour he had was ripped from him. It was the night of the raid all over again. As if the rain from the night had come back, falling on Altar from the ceiling of the arena, drops of his sorrow dripping from his nose.

He cried there. In front of his sons. In front of the Queen. Beside the squire who lay unconcious. The tears rolled down his cheek and splattered on the bulges of the squire's deformed face. Altar stuttered, forcing the words out. "I... Su-surrend.. Der."

Altar stared at the squire. Somehow the boy reminded him of Edward. And all of a sudden Altar was attacked with a powerful sensation of regret and guilt. What have I done?

Monster. The voice echoed in his head. Again and again.

And Altar knew the voices would never stop.
___________________________________________________________________________________

End of chapter 3
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 8:48:25 AM
This is the end of the first ark of season 2, "A Trial by Combat" The beginning of the next ark will be out in two weeks, featuring some new faces.

Thanks for any feedback, and see you in the next ark. Hope you're looking forward to it! ^^

List of Arks in AGOD:
Ark 1: The Royal Wedding
Ark 2: Night of the Raid
Ark 3: A Trial by Combat
Ark 4: A Storm of Darkness Coming soon...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 10:09:05 AM
At 2/21/2015 8:48:25 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
This is the end of the first ark of season 2, "A Trial by Combat" The beginning of the next ark will be out in two weeks, featuring some new faces.

Thanks for any feedback, and see you in the next ark. Hope you're looking forward to it! ^^

List of Arks in AGOD:

Tis an ARC, m8.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 2:10:07 PM
At 2/21/2015 8:40:51 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Sorry for the delay guys, this is going to be a really long chapter. So I understand if there's not going to be a piece by piece commentary. Please read it and enjoy the ride! ^^

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

==========
Crossroads
==========

Well, where have I seen this technique before?

"Phantom. Why are you so grumpy all the time?" Rev asked the old man. Since joining the brotherhood, the previously skinny man had gained some weight. Now, he looked fairly normal. Despite the huge sideways scar he had across his chest, which he kept hidden under his half torned shirt.

So...guess the shirt doesn't hide it so well, then.

His friend grunted a hmph. "Lad, when you get to my age and you've seen all the things a man don't want to see in the world, you can get a little grumpy."

He grimaced. "I gutted a man once Rev. Had my hands wrapped around his guts.

I don't think that's what the word means.

Before we joined the brotherhood, I was just the local blacksmith. Not a murderer. Not some kind of egalitarian." His voice was thick with the accent of a street-born.

He continued on. "Winters before I met you Rev, I was married and was about to have a family. I had a wife, her name was Carla... She gave birth to our child, Yoref. Just a sweet lil' boy. No bigger than an arm's length."

I'mma give you mah whole backstory now.

Rev was cleaning his bloodstained dagger with his shirt. He had his back leaned against the brickwall, sitting on the cold dirty floor. In front of him was a small trench that led out of the alleyway. "What happened?" He asked his partner, sitting next to him.

"We were poor. My blacksmith store, my home, had closed up cause I couldn't damn pay rent to the Land Lord. Carla gave birth to our son in the streets, right out in the public. Course, no one cared to stop by and help us.."

Curse the bourgeoise!

"There were no comfy sheets. No warm water. No midwife. Just the street full of so much sh*t, you could swim in it. When it was done, and little Yoref, all pink and soft, was in his mother's arms..."

Eww....

"Carla turned the child heads down and toes up. Then she slammed the lil' babe's head to the floor." Phantom quivered.

O.o
Guess she wanted a girl.

"I know you've seen brains before. I know you've seen those little pink bits squished out of men's skulls. The day you saved my life, you gave those thugs a good whack on the head. It's like squishing fruit. Bloody. But you get used to it. Eventually."

"... But if you heard that baby's head crack open... If you've seen how easy his whole brain flew out his head, splat on the walls... Then you've known no greater evil. No bigger sin."

Rev was silent but disturbed by what the man had just said. He continued wiping his blade. Staring emptily at the sharp edge.

Hmm. Nicely put.

"After that, me and Carla fought with each other. She hit me, so I hit her back. Gave her a punch to her belly. Then, she ran away."

Phantom paused for a moment. The air was stale and pungent. He continued, gazing at the opposite wall.

"After wanderin" around the streets for months and months, with no job or money, I started to understand why she killed our baby."

And little people know
When little people fight
We may look easy pickings, but we've got some bite!

"I've seen little peasant girls, wanderin' about under moonlight, forced to have sex with drunk merchants. I've seen little boys, no older than you, lured in by whores, then sold off as slaves to some Lord in some land. I've seen children murder each other, using nothing but their hands, fighting over a toy on the street."

Sounds like an average day in West Virginia.

"Life is hell Rev. There will always be them rich f*cks and then there'll always us. The lucky bastards. And the unlucky wenches. The ones who live old. And the ones who die young."

You can read all about it in the Communist Manifesto.

Rev stopped wiping the dagger, he turned it over and swung it at the opposite wall. It flew and stuck inside the brick. "Is that why you joined the brotherhood? To find equality? To find... justice?" His eyes were wide like a child.

Rev nodded. "I've always been wonderin' about why we have to kill? If we're all equal, then why do we decide who lives and dies?"

To equalize, my friend.

His partner sighed. "To get back at the rich f*cks that's why. To take back what's ours. Justice."

"Is that why we steal from others? Because it's ours by right?" Phantom did not answer. Rev gazed at the sky above.

We're Robin Hood m8.

The clouds were beginning to grey and rain would come. Rev knew they needed to move soon. Phantom spoke.

"Rev. If you're having doubts, you can always leave the brotherhood. This sort of business ain't fit for a lad like you"

Rev looked at Phantom cursiously, as if the man had grown two heads. He grinned and nudged the old man on the shoulder. "And leave you alone with Big Mikey? You need me to watch your back."

Yeah! Leave it to me! I'm what, 14?

Phantom smiled, wrinkles forming around his eyes. "You're a good lad ya know that? Annoying as hell but good. Someday, you'd might make a fine man."

Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 2:17:08 PM
At 2/21/2015 8:43:02 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
=====
Pride
=====

Lord Altar pulled the chest armour over his head. He had a young squire, 21 namedays, to help him. He fastened both gauntlets to his hands. Everything he wore was bronze in colour. Altar would not wear a red cape this day.

Capes just make you trip and fall and get sucked into the propellers of a jet plane.

The sun had risen. Sunlight poured through his room and illuminated Altar, making his armour shine bright and brilliant. He turned to his squire and nodded. The squire bowed and began to walk away, but then he stopped and turned around.

Altar stared at the squire questioningly, then he replied. "A squire like you. But younger."

Yeah, I beat up those weaker than me, but I'm not a bully.

The squire looked surprised. "Oh is that so? Forgive me for asking, it's just that I'm actually a huge fan of yours. I've heard of every duel you've had in the past. Including the ones that were prisoner trials. They say you've never lost a battle." The squire brimmed with excitement.

First time for everything. Every time you say you've never lost, you gonna lose.

"Yes. That is correct. I have never lost. Nor do I intend to. I have a squire to kill in an hour, so please leave and tell Grand Meister Max to prepare the arena and bring in the guests."

The boy was stunned for a second. But he bowed again and rushed out of the room.

Altar stared at the reflection in the mirror. He admitted that he looked much better in the armoured suit. He decided he would not take the shield to the battle. The fight wouldn't take long to finish anyway.

That's what Oberyn said.

He would not show mercy in the combat, he knew. He did not feel guilty about killing the boy. He never did. I will show you my Queen, Altar thought to himself, determined. I will show you that I am still a worthy man.

By killing this helpless boy! TROLOLOL!
__________________________________________________________________________________

========
Freedom
========

Clank. Clank.

Adam touched Jibber's armour plated shoulder as they walked. It felt cold. The plate was made of cheap copper. It worried Adam that Jibber did not carry a shield.

Clank. Clank.

Jibber nodded. The area around his eyes were red and in the dark of the tunnel, he squinted from the source of light ahead of him.

Clank. Clank.

Stahp.

Clank. Clank.

"Try not to die."

Aww.

Jibber nodded again. This time slowly. His face was sombre as he stared at the light at the end of the tunnel. His cheeks were hollow. His hair was messier than hay. Jibber did not look well.

But Adam could see that the boy was ready. Jibber was willing to die for his freedom.

Something else bothered Adam. If Jibber was to win, he would have to either kill his uncle or force his uncle to surrender. Neither options seemed likely. Jibber was not a killer.

True. How will this turn out?

But he had to be sure.

"Jibber..."

He was your uncle a minute ago LOL

Jibber stared at Adam. There was something hidden in his eyes. Adam couldn't tell what it was. But then Jibber smiled. "This trial has suddenly gotten a lot harder."

Oo
Dayum.

Adam couldn't help but laugh. He slapped his friend on the back. Jibber lurched forwards a little. "Whoops sorry JIb."

Jibber regained his posture and replied, "It's fine. I just hope I don't collapse and sprain my ankle again before the battle."

Adam chuckled again. But then turned serious. He looked at Jibber with worried eyes. "Just... Don't die okay? You're the only one I trust in this bloody kingdom."

Jibber nodded, solemn again. Light filled more of Adam's vision. For a moment, everything was blurry. Then he saw it.

Daltonia's Arena.

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 2:25:06 PM
At 2/21/2015 8:43:37 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
==============
Daltonia's Arena
==============

The crowd erupted in a cheer. They sat around the circular battle arena. A dome shaped ceiling was visible high above.

Among the audience were the members of the high council. Lords Jacobis, Winston, Denbug, Rutherford, Linkish and Baron Lannan. The others were the upper class residents of Daltonia's bay, all excited to see two men fight to the death.

When in Rome.

Lord Altar saw the squire and Adamus emerge from the entrance tunnel. They were illuminated by the flame torches surrounding the walls of the small arena. Altar counted at least two hundred audiences that had come to see the battle.

Adamus stood by in the sidelines, besides the high stair-like seats. Watching from the shadows. Altar spotted Romani on the opposite end, also encased in shadow. Come to see me die is it? Watch closely boys. See how a real warrior fights.

By battling a poor squire!
Sorry.

The squire walked towards Altar. His armoury was loosely fitted and looked papery thin. It would barely take a nick of Altar's blade to shred it all to pieces. Altar sighed silently. The battle would be even shorter than he had imagined.

"Lord Altar." The squire greeted, as he came a couple of shields apart from Altar. He looked around from left to right. "Is there no Meister?"

Bet you regret that mead now m8. Everyone knows taking mead is equivalent to treason.

The squire was silent.

"Very well," Altar said, pulling his Bluesteel longsword from the scabbath. The tip of it was almost level to his forehead. It shone bright from reflection, a golden colour was cast.

Ooh. Pretty.

The squire lifted his own sword. It was half the size of Altar's and was made of Roylatham steel. Adamus must have given it to him. The blade was thin and looked black as coal.

Altar began first. He swung his golden longsword at the squire. The squire seemed panicked and deflected it. The metal ring echoed throughout the arena.

The squire regained his footing, planting his feet firmly on the ground. Altar went for the second blow, toying with the squire with light attacks.

Yup. He's a dick.

Clang. Clang. Clang.

What? Not clank clank clank? xD

Altar stepped back for a while, blood rushed throughout his body keeping him warm from the cold. His gloved hands tightened on the blade. The squire was breathing hard already, sweat forming on his forehead.

Altar was done testing his opponent. One month in prison had turned his opponent weaker than a street beggar. He could vaguely hear his son Adamus shouting at the squire encouragements.

Altar spoke to the squire, his voice was filled with contempt. "You've broken my law, allowed my son to drink mead. And then have the audacity to ask for a trial by combat to free you of your crimes? Your job was not to whore with my son, let him become drunk blind and then let an arrow shot through his leg."

Good thing he didn't say knee.

The squire did not reply. His face was placid. Yet there was a small sign of guilt.

Alrar breathed out, preparing himself. His breath turned to mist. He charged at the squire, faster than he had in almost a decade. The squire did not move from his spot.

When their bodies came close, Altar lifted the sword high above his head and swung it downwards, aiming for the boy's head.

Thunk!

The boy was gone. The tip of the longsword sliced dirt. Dust built around Altar. He searched for the squire.

He can teleport!

"Over here." A voice said from behind. Altar turned, swinging his blade swiftly. The sharp metal sliced air.

Ah. Well then.

The dust cleared and Jibber, the squire, faced sideways, a hand behind his back and the thin tip of his sword pointing at Altar. He was only two steps from slitting Altar's throat.

What?
*sits on edge of seat*

======
Justice
======

Jibber... How did... Jibber couldn't have been this fast in the night of the raid. But then Adam remembered, that night, Jibber had sprained his ankle because of him. He had been pushed by Adam into a barrel of mead.

Adam was only vaguely familiar with the Roylatham lancing position that Jibber stood in. He briefly recalled that it gave the sword user speed and agility beyond his dreams. Where had he learned all this??

Good question.

Before Lord Altar could even gasp, Jibber's hand became a blur and the thin blade sliced his uncle's cheek just as he fell backwards. Blood oozed out of the cut and Lord Altar wiped the blood with his glove, inspecting the blood on his hand. Adam had never seen his uncle so baffled in his life.

Altar's mad now.

Uncle... Adam had a bad feeling about the fight. There was no way the prideful man would surrender. So what other option was there?

Jibber did not stop. His whole body seemed to have vanished from the spot he was in. A blur, like a ghost, streaked around Lord Altar. Jibber appeared behind him and gave him a wide diagonal slash from top to bottom on his back. His uncle screamed as the armour was torn through, he fell to his knees and turned, swinging his blade frantically, trying to cut Jibber. Jibber backed off, walking slowly from Lord Altar.

Jibber's suddenly an epic fighter. And he shredded that armor! You go, Jib!

"BASTARD!" Adam heard his uncle scream. "You bloody bastard!" Lord Altar fished around his back, as if trying to scratch an itch. Adam saw the long diagonal red wound from the shoulder blades to the hip. It looked raw and angry.

HIs uncle stood up and ran at Jibber, swinging the golden sword like a wooden bat. Losing his patience and all sense of duelling technique.

Wow...some fighter you are then.

"Bastard!" He slashed at Jibber and Jibber sidestepped swiftly. Altar tried one more time and attempted to remove Jibber's head. Jibber's arm became a ghost like blur again and in the blink of an eye blood squirted from Lord Altar's arm. His uncle screamed, gripping the gauntlet with his other hand. He cursed and cursed.

Slice by slice. Altar's armour was being shredded to bits and blood squirted and sprayed all around the two. A drop had squirted as far as Stormborn Romani. The blood splattered on his face. Adam's cousin did not wipe the blood, his eyes were wide with horror.

I can't even think of witty comments. This is too exciting!

Jibber!! What are you doing? Adam panicked. Was his friend really going to kill his uncle? Adam did not like the man. He hated him. But...

Suddenly, Lord Altar's rage had peaked its maximum. He roared for a few seconds, his neck, a web of veins, mouth wide and face almost as red as the fresh trail of blood all around the back of his body. Jibber was motionless for a second, ears hurting from the battle cry.

Stop. STOP! This was all a mistake. How could he have let all this happen? This wasn't what he wanted. Adam watched with growing terror. The world became a fuzzy place, the boundaries between life and death were closing in and Adam was in the middle of it all.

What a poetic ending.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 6:59:32 PM
At 2/21/2015 10:09:05 AM, RevNge wrote:

List of Arks in AGOD:

Tis an ARC, m8.
Lol dammnit! XD
My bad.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 7:10:15 PM
At 2/21/2015 10:09:05 AM, RevNge wrote:

List of Arks in AGOD:

Tis an ARC, m8.

So Rev, what did you think about the finale to this *arc*?
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 7:15:09 PM
At 2/21/2015 2:25:06 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
==============
Daltonia's Arena
==============

When in Rome.

Sorry.

Bet you regret that mead now m8. Everyone knows taking mead is equivalent to treason.

The squire was silent.

Ooh. Pretty.

Yup. He's a dick.

Clang. Clang. Clang.

Thunk!

He can teleport!

Ah. Well then.

What?
*sits on edge of seat*

======
Justice
======

Good question.

Altar's mad now.

What a poetic ending.

Lol there's more brah XD
What are your overall thoughts so far?
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 7:35:23 PM
At 2/21/2015 2:10:07 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

==========
Crossroads
==========

Well, where have I seen this technique before?

So...guess the shirt doesn't hide it so well, then.
Fvckin lol m8 XD sharp as always.

He grimaced. "I gutted a man once Rev. Had my hands wrapped around his guts.

I don't think that's what the word means.
Wut o.o I'm pretty sure. . .

Before we joined the brotherhood, I was just the local blacksmith. Not a murderer. Not some kind of egalitarian." His voice was thick with the accent of a street-born.

I'mma give you mah whole backstory now.
Lol. This is going to be the only time we see Phantom talk so much.

Curse the bourgeoise!
Rofl!

Eww...
Wait, which one?

O.o
Guess she wanted a girl.
Interesting theory lol X)

Hmm. Nicely put.
Thanks! Glad I got it right :)

And little people know
When little people fight
We may look easy pickings, but we've got some bite!

Sounds like an average day in West Virginia.
XD lol I wouldn't know.

You can read all about it in the Communist Manifesto.
XD

To equalize, my friend.
Lol

We're Robin Hood m8.
Interesting theory. . . XD

Yeah! Leave it to me! I'm what, 14?
LOL, he's actually 11 namedays in this scene.

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 7:42:32 PM
At 2/21/2015 2:17:08 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/21/2015 8:43:02 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
=====
Pride
=====

Capes just make you trip and fall and get sucked into the propellers of a jet plane.
Lol, reminds me of the Incredibles.

Yeah, I beat up those weaker than me, but I'm not a bully.
Lol, even Ser Anthony would not mess with Lord Altar. Tis why he's the council leader.

First time for everything. Every time you say you've never lost, you gonna lose.
*grin* I'm glad you had predictions before hand.

That's what Oberyn said.
*grin* this is going very well.

By killing this helpless boy! TROLOLOL!
XD

========
Freedom
========

Clank. Clank.

Clank. Clank.

Clank. Clank.

Stahp.
Lol.

Clank. Clank.

"Try not to die."

Aww.
;)

True. How will this turn out?
Indeed. *grins*

But he had to be sure.

"Jibber..."

He was your uncle a minute ago LOL
Uncle by blood. Father by nurture X)

Oo
Dayum.
Thanks! Glad to know you're feeling the suspense!

Daltonia's Arena.

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 7:55:27 PM
==============
Daltonia's Arena
==============

When in Rome.
Hmm?

Sorry.
XD

X)

The squire was silent.

Ooh. Pretty.
Glad you got the imagery here :)

Yup. He's a dick.
ROFL XD

Clang. Clang. Clang.

LOL. I intended clank to be for amour hitting the floor and clang for swords deflecting off each other.

Lol I intentionally avoided that XD

Thunk!

He can teleport!
*smirk* almost man. Almost.

Ah. Well then.
*grins* lol I'm excited to see your reaction.

What?
*sits on edge of seat*
X)

======
Justice
======

Good question.
Next arc we're going to know a lot more about Jibber.

Altar's mad now.
*grinning like hell* if this is him being mad, then I wonder how you'd describe him later . . .

Thank you! I'm so happy I could die now.

Lol XD

Thanks again! X) I'm glad you find it exciting.

What a poetic ending.
Glad you think so. I was worried that description would be confusing.
Thanks for t
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 7:57:17 PM
At 2/21/2015 7:55:27 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Thanks again for the awesome comments man XD
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 7:57:59 PM

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 8:00:22 PM
At 2/21/2015 2:10:07 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 5:45:19 PM

List of Arks in AGOD:

Love it! Great work! :D The fight was very suspenseful and exciting. I'm duly impressed.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 12:51:30 AM
At 2/22/2015 5:45:19 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

List of Arks in AGOD:

Love it! Great work! :D The fight was very suspenseful and exciting. I'm duly impressed.
Thank you! XD I'm glad it was effective. What were your favourite scenes and which is your favourite chapter so far? I'm figuring out what sort of things to include in the next arc. I'm really excited about it!
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 1:10:32 AM
When laymen, people you don't expect to be able to do anything, come out and do amazing things out of the ordinary.. those moments are so cliche but so awesome!~ XD
Senpai has noticed you.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 1:40:23 AM
At 2/23/2015 1:10:32 AM, Beginner wrote:
When laymen, people you don't expect to be able to do anything, come out and do amazing things out of the ordinary.. those moments are so cliche but so awesome

. . .? Are you talking about Jibber or me lol?
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 1:49:07 AM
When laymen, people you don't expect to be able to do anything, come out and do amazing things out of the ordinary.. those moments are so cliche but so awesome!~ XD

Thanks for reading this chapter man!
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 10:59:25 AM
At 2/23/2015 12:51:30 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 2/22/2015 5:45:19 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

List of Arks in AGOD:

Thank you! XD I'm glad it was effective. What were your favourite scenes and which is your favourite chapter so far? I'm figuring out what sort of things to include in the next arc. I'm really excited about it!
Hmm... This is hard. Each chapter is so good it is hard to choose. I'll think more about it. XD
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 11:26:32 AM
At 2/23/2015 1:40:23 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
When laymen, people you don't expect to be able to do anything, come out and do amazing things out of the ordinary.. those moments are so cliche but so awesome

. . .? Are you talking about Jibber or me lol?

<3
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 11:27:22 AM
At 2/23/2015 1:49:07 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Thanks for writing it.
Jibber's hidden skillz is still hella cliche though. XD
Senpai has noticed you.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 4:47:41 PM
At 2/23/2015 11:27:22 AM, Beginner wrote:

Thanks for writing it.
Shite. . . XD I still hope it makes sense though, Jibber's always been a badazz in season 1
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 4:49:01 PM
At 2/23/2015 4:47:41 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Thanks for writing it.
Shite. . . XD I still hope it makes sense though, Jibber's always been a badazz in season 1

Cliche and bad aren't the same thing.. ^_^
Senpai has noticed you.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 4:52:16 PM
At 2/23/2015 4:49:01 PM, Beginner wrote:
At 2/23/2015 4:47:41 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Thanks for writing it.

Cliche and bad aren't the same thing.. ^_^

Cliche = Bad

DEAL WITH IT NOOB

It would have helped if Adam made it more realistic, though. XD