Jump to topic:

DDO The Walking Dead: Uprising, Ep 8

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 4:26:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"You don't have to do this man! You have to know when to just let it go!" - Wylted called out to Endarkened, but that just angered him more. He hated that song with a burning passion.

They watched as Endarkened slowly made his way down the street towards the hospital, hoping he would cool off, come to his senses, and come back.

It wasn't meant to be.

============================

Mikal was just informed by Dalt about how they were being moved further inland, and he proceeded on looking over any information he needed to take with him. He grabbed some files about the original people on the plane, and tried to find files about the earliest zombie patient that he could find. In his haste in looking for the files, he paused to look up around him.

The other people in the makeshift HQ were close to outright panic. Word had gotten out somehow that the government was starting to move people to more secure locations, and they all started to fear for their own safety. They didn't know yet that Mikal and Dalt were to be moved, all they knew was that people were being moved, and some people really started to panic. Many had stopped doing their job and were trying to track down loved ones, while those who believed they would be saved if in danger toiled their time just confirming more and more reports of what was already obviously happening, people turning into zombies.

Mikal grabbed what he could and tracked down Dalt, who was ready to move out.
"Where are we meeting our ride?" - Mikal asked, trying to keep a low profile so that anybody within ear shot wouldn't be heard.
"Out in the parking lot in 15 minutes. When they land, I"ll come find you and we can quietly slip out without anybody else noticing at first, just stay near the door and look busy until then so that I can find you in a hurry.

Mikal nodded, and Dalt was whisked away as a phone call had come in for him. Mikal, heeding Dalt"s words, glossed over some files near the exit as Dalt ordered him to and waited for the helicopter to come.

===========================

Dalt picked up the phone that an Intern handed to him.
"What is it?" - Dalt
It was the Chief of Staff again.
"The helicopter has been compromised and is no longer available, so we have worked out another way to get to you." He said
"Give me the short version" - Dalt

"We cannot guarantee safety in the air anymore due to a breakdown in air traffic control at local airports. We've had several cases of planes crashing or colliding since control towers are either being abandoned or simply overrun, which we did not anticipate to occur so quickly. We are using local National Guard troops to pick up high-priority targets for us and have them move people to safety." - the chief of staff stated.

"What do I have to do?" - Dalt

"We need you to make your way to Middletown, New Jersey where we are having other individuals meet so we can pick them up all at once."

"New Jersey? Why there?" - Dalt
"Newark International airport is the only major airport that is still functioning that we can coordinate troops out of."
"What about La Guardia and JFK?" - Dalt
"Both have gone dark, we can only assume that the worst has happened, and you should avoid those areas as much as possible."
"What about everyone else who is heading that way?" - Dalt
"They're screwed. Everything east of Manhattan is going to be a killing field and then a dead zone within a few days, if not by the end of the night.

============================

Wylted solemnly joined the group of Yama, RevNge, and That1, after Endarkened angrily stormed off on foot towards New York Methodist hospital on his own. This was the second time that day that Wylted had abandoned or betrayed Endarkened, but he felt less guilty this time around because he believed that it was a hopeless mission, and that he would likely die if he followed Endarkened on his suicide mission.

"Where did you guys say you were heading?" - Wylted finally asked, forgetting if they had already told him.
"We are heading east towards a big truck depot so that we can forcefully make our way inland." - That1User
"Oh right. Right. I think you mentioned that before..... So how far away is this truck depot?" - Wylted
"About 10 miles further vest, vhich vill be a problem if ve have to go on foot" - Yama
"Will it be safe?" - Wylted wondered out loud
"A lot of people here have probably made their way towards La Guardia or JFK to escape, while others either drove off, fled by boat, or something else. We should be okay." - Rev

"Lets go." - Yama

Yama and Wylted then started walking down the abandoned street, with Rev and That1 behind them. Endarkened was no longer in sight.

================================

Breaking into a rage-filled sprint, Endarkened had almost exhausted himself by the time he even caught a glimpse of New York Methodist hospital. He would be thoroughly exhausted by the time he made it to the parking lot.

Several zombies had wandered out into the parking lot, trudging around aimlessly and only changing course when some sound drew their attention. Endarkened crouched behind a tree across the street from the hospital, realizing that he had absolutely no weapon of any sorts to fight his way in or out. He looked around for anything he could use or swing, and something caught his eye.

It was a bench.

It was an old, rusted park bench that was either turned into modernist art, or just horrifically unmaintained. One of the arm rests on the bench was rusted to hell, and one side of it was only attached to the bench itself on one side. Endarkened figured that if he could break off the dilapidated arm rest on the bench, he could wield it as if it were a lead pipe and beat the f*ckit out of any zombies that got in his way.

He scurried over to the bench, and tried to rip off the arm-rest. It was metallic and hard to really grip, so he put one foot on the bench and tried to use leverage to tear off the piece of metal. The bench put off one hell of a fight. Endarkened was already tired from his sprint towards the hospital, and therefore weaker than usual. His hands quickly began to become sore, with blisters and even some tiny cuts materializing the longer Endarkened struggled. However, he was making progress. With every desperate heave, the piece of metal on the bench bent a little bit more towards being taken off, and Endarkened was not going to give up.

"God dammit this stupid f*cking bench!" - Endarkened angrily said to himself. "Why dont be useful for once in your life and--"

With one powerful heave, the arm-rest on the bench finally broke off. Unfortunately, the piece flew right up and caught Endarkened right in the face, slicing open his cheek to the point he even knocked out a molar in the back of his mouth.

He fell to the ground, dropped the piece of metal and clutched his face, howling in pain. He had never experienced any sort of pain quite like having a rusty piece of iron gash his face, and he was paralyzed in pain as he clamped his hands over the wound as hard as he could.

The screaming and writhing pain soon attracted the attention of the zombies in the parking lot, and they began to make their way towards Endarkened.

After a few seconds, Endarkened blacked out from the pain.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 4:27:05 PM
"Drop everything, we have a problem" - Dalt said to Mikal, who awaited him at the door when he left before.
"What? Why?".. What happened?" - Mikal said, keeping his voice down.

Dalt explained the situation to him that the helicopter wasn't coming, and then they themselves would have to slip out and make their way to Middletown New Jersey to be picked up there.

"Why Middletown? Wouldn't it be easier to just go right to Newark International Airport?" - Mikal
Dalt shook his head. "Everyone else would be going there, and we would just become lost in the crowd before anyone finds us."
"Well what happens if we go to Middletown and we DONT get picked up?" - Mikal
"Then we put the gun I carry in my glovebox to good use, and find our own way to safety" - Dalt

Mikal, pacified, then quietly followed Dalt as they slipped out of the building to make their way South.

=======================================

The group of 4 made hopped over a few concrete dividers onto the sidewalk after several cars started to show up on the streets, all of them heading deeper west and away from Manhattan. Almost all of them were driving erratically, with several of them blaring their horns as accidents almost occurred left and right.

"Serious sh** must be going down back East." - Yama muttered out loud after another car accident almost took place.

"That way is west" - Wylted corrected.
"No, east. Manhattan is east of us" - Yama countered.
"We"re heading east Yama, Manhattan is west of us" - Rev
"Yeah, you are taking us east. East is that way, West is behind us" - That1 said.

Yama stopped in his tracks. "Guys, do not vuck with me. Ve are heading vest, not east."
Everyone else stopped. "Holy sh**, do you not know the difference between East and West?" - Wylted asked, dumfounded.

It was true. When Yama was plowing his truck through parked traffic across the Brooklyn Bridge, he had mistaken that he was actually going east, not west. The car chase had messed up his sense of east-and-west because of how "in-the-moment" he was, but he still knew where he was going and where he could find the truck depot they were looking for, he had simply gotten east and west mixed up. Unfortunately, RevNge, Wylted, and That1User mistook Yama"s mixup as a sign that they had been going the wrong direction the entire time, and that the truck depot itself was actually west of Manhattan, further inland.

"You idiot, you're leading us in the wrong direction!??!?" - That1
"Nein, nein, I zimply got confused" - Yama
"How do you f*ck up something as easy as east and west?" - That1
"Do you know where the location of the truck depot is?" - Rev said, pinching the space between his eyebrows in frustration.
"Of course he doesn't, He thinks east is f*ckin WEAST" - That1 said, recalling the infamous spongebob episode of "east? I thought you said weast"

"Vhat is Veast?" - Yama asked.
"You mean WHAT is WEAST, LEARN HOW TO PRONOUNCE THE LETTER "W" " - That1
"Do NOT make vun of mein accent!" - Yama said, gritting his teeth
"Dude calm down" - Wylted
"Nein, I vill not calm down because I do not know ze difference between East and Vest" - That1 said, parodying Yama"s accent.

Yama responded by punching That1 right in the mouth.

That1 fell to the ground hard and growled in pain, clutching his mouth which had quickly begun to bleed. His point of view on the ground though put him in the only position where he could see what was behind the group.

The mass panic that had started at La Guardia International Airport just north of their location started early in the day when a couple poor saps got trampled to death. They zombified a few hours later, and promptly triggered a mass panic, as people scrambled and trampled over each other to try to get away. Several people got bitten, several more got trampled to death themselves, and those who showed up late to the airport who tried to make their way through the crowd to get a ticket to anywhere ended up either getting trampled or bitten in the end. The panic soon spilled out onto the streets as people ran for their lives, many of which dashing to JFK international airport to the south and east before the rest of the crowd did. The path between the two airports crossed right over where Yama, Wylted, Rev, and That1 were located.

Cars whipped around corners as if they were in a f*ckin street race. Many smashed right into the concrete barriers and were thrown into the air like toys, while other cars just ping-ponged off of other cars in the mad dash towards the closest remaining airport. Cars soon began driving on the wrong sides of the streets and on the sidewalks in their scramble towards JFK. The whole fiasco looked like it was a movie stunt that Micheal Bay was filming for a f*ckin Fast and Furious movie. Twisted metal soon began to be flung left and right as car horns blared. Screams were soon being heard. It was as if the apocalypse itself decided to come to them.

"Guys, sh**, we need to get inside now!" - Rev said, after one car looked as if it were going to run over all of them before swerving into another car at the last second. He and Yama helped That1 get to his feet, while Wylted checked out an alley between two buildings nearby, recognizing it, and trying to remember why it looked familiar to him.

=========================================

Endarkened began to wake up ever so slowly. He had lost a sh**load of blood in his accidentally self-inflicted wound, and his head hurt like sh**, only exacerbating the ill effects from the loss of blood. He tried to move, but he lacked the energy. He could barely even roll over onto his side, and became preoccupied with spitting out blood.

He grunted in pain as he rolled over again to be face-down on the ground and then struggled to get onto one knee. The first thing he saw was the huge bloodstain on the ground from where he had first passed out, this was when he first got a really good idea of just how much blood he lost.

The second thing he saw was the shadows of three zombies right behind him.

He turned around, but there was nothing he could do, the zombie collapsed onto Endarkened and bit down hard onto the back side of his arm, sinking its teeth into him. The two other zombies approached slowly, but reached out their arms to try to get their own meal.

Endarkened though was having none of it. Shaking himself free of the zombie, he located the iron bar he had pulled off of the bench, and got onto his feet, the sheer adrenaline rush replacing his low blood supply to help him leap into action. He nailed the zombie that bit him across the jaw, knocking it 20 feet away, before bashing in the skull of the same zombie shortly afterwards. He then made quick work of the second zombie, landing a crushing blow right onto the eye of the zombie and sending it to the ground, where he then raised the bar over his head and brought it down hard onto the zombie, killing it as well.

Zombie number 3 though tackled him from behind, and bit into almost the same spot the first zombie bit into. Endarkened"s adrenaline rush was quickly replaced by a feeling of unbearable pain, made all the more worse when he spotted 2 more zombies making their way towards him. And 3 more behind them, and then 5 more behind them.

He shook the zombie off, and tried to rotate himself to swing at the zombie. However, in his attempt to get into position, the zombie fell back onto him, the metal bar he was holding going straight into its stomach, where its contents spilled out all over Endarkened. The zombie sank lower and lower onto the bar as it tried to eat Endarkened"s face, and he fought as long as he could as others closed in on him. He resorted to punching the zombie in the head as hard as humanly possible to see if that would somehow work.

It did, but the other zombies soon began to pile on top of him, pinning him, before he passed out in pain again.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:15:24 PM
At 2/21/2015 5:11:40 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Endark died 0/10 worst episode over

Endark died 10/10 best episode *EVER
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:18:37 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:15:24 PM, RevNge wrote:

You sure you wanna go here?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:54:19 PM
At 2/21/2015 11:18:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I'm as sure as I was when I posted you Suzaku pics.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:57:13 PM
At 2/21/2015 11:54:19 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 2/21/2015 11:18:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I'm as sure as I was when I posted you Suzaku pics.

Even though I'm still writing OUAD...which you haven't commented on...and I can still decide your fate?