Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

DDO House of Cards (Episode 14, S1 Finale)

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 5:59:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yes, the final episode of Season 1. Now, this episode is going to be split into multiple parts, in order to accommodate the large sizes of the scenes of this episode. I request that you don't post until after I've posted the final part of the episode. After the episode, in full, has been posted, I have some thank you's, that have been in order for a long time.

Now, it is time to start the stalling, and start up the political machine for the last time. For a while, at least.

DDO House of Cards
Season 1, Final Episode
Episode 14, Part 1
Written by: Daytonanerd
=============================================================
Black. Black. Black, everywhere. That was what the streets of Washington were seemingly made of on this day. Even for a man that faced a Leviathan-sized scandal on his very last day alive, he was still adored and loved in the hearts of the masses.

Oh, don't get me wrong. There were still the standard religious zealots who condemned this man with the wrath of 10,000 suns. And of course, the Westboro Baptist Church chose this funeral for the daily funeral trolling.

Luckily, I was well insulated from those scum. I was at the head of the pack, closer than essentially all other members of Congress. I was chosen to comfort and accompany Bsh during his time of need.

"Seventh... You're a good friend, you know? Through... Through everything that has happened with... With him... And talking to me...- Bsh

Now he couldn't hold in this round of tears

"I couldn't ask for a better friend! I... Can't even begin to... Thank..."- Bsh

Bsh tried to speak through his sobs, but he couldn't now. His eyes...

I think this is the first time I began to feel bad for him. Why is that? Why do I feel empathy for this man? He played the game in Washington. He had to prepare for the worst to happen. I saved him, didn't I? I saved him, from the pain he would have inevitably felt when he confronted YYW! So why, why now is he crying for the man who hurt him so bad, wrecked his emotions? And why is it that I, too, feel sad? I never gave a damn for YYW. Hell, I despised the man! I killed him, for Christ's sake! He got what he deserved! He never really loved Bsh! All he ever did was use him! He's no better than me! He"s just another player in the game! And he lost! He lost! It was inevitable, and a sight I see constantly! I see people lose this little game known as politics all the time! Hell, I caused many people to lose this game, without an ounce of sympathy nor regret! So why is it that at this funeral, this little sham of a ceremony thrown for a sad little man who lost a game he was never really cut out to play, do I feel sadness?!

Wait...

His eyes...

That"s right...

The eyes that Bsh has right now... I've seen them before...

Yes... Those eyes... Those eyes of great grief and sorrow...

Were once my eyes, back in a time when it was all so different... Yes... Back at the beginning... A time when I was a new face in the game... It was a different time. The world was different, then.

But am I different? Have I changed from who I was, all those years ago? What happened to me, when I lost her? Have I thrown away my morality, in a selfish crusade to avenge her death? Was I even really avenging my death, or was I just fulfilling my own greed for power?

YYW's casket was now about to be buried. It was time for Bsh to say goodbye.

I know now... I must do the same. I never really said goodbye, did I? I could never learn to accept that you were really gone. I guess I could never really believe it. I just couldn't believe that I would have to live my life, take charge of it, alone.

That's it. That's what I have been trying to do for all these years. I've been trying to prove that I could lead life, live it, and conquer it, alone. And you know what?

I succeeded.

So now, it is time to say goodbye, and carry on, accepting that I must go it alone. Time to accept the destiny that has been passed to me.

"Goodbye, Royal."- Seventhprofessor
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 6:05:49 PM
DDO House of Cards
Season 1, Final Episode
Episode 14, Part 2
As the front-runner for the now-open Vice Presidential seat, at least, in the eyes of the public, I was swamped with interview requests. I have never received so many requests in my life, and it was a pain in my @ss to look through them all to find the good ones. There were some major players in the pile of $hit.

CNN, in primetime, bringing in the decaying corpse of Larry King to interview me.

NBC Nightly News, who everybody knows for its sterling record of reliable anchors, like the incorruptible Brian Williams, as well as NBC"s Meet the Press, hosted by *Insert generic anchor here*.

Whoever the f*ck will be hosting a show on Comedy Central.

The O'Reilly Factor, the cream of Fox News" crop of primetime shows hosted by kindergartners.

However, I got two requests that were particularly interesting, both from" Well, we"ll call them "Old Friends".

"Yay?"- Seventhprofessor

"Yes, my lord?"- Yay

"You know, that is really unnecessary, Yay. What do you think this is, a colony of Britannia in Japan? Get out of the History Channel past, man!"- Seventh

"But it's the future, Seventh!"- Yay
"... I'm not even going to ask. Anyway, I need you to do a favor for me. You remember Democratic Underground?"- Seventh

"You mean that radically liberal site that is probably just a front for a money laundering scheme?"- Yay

"Yes, that one. I need you to shoot up the place."- Seventh

"Why do you need pictures of the place? How can that possibly help us?"- Yay

"That wasn't what I meant by "Shoot up the place..."- Seventh

"All right, then what did you... Oh."- Yay

"Yeah, that's what I meant."- Seventh

"You know, Seventh, I don"t mean to question you, because you are my boss after all..."- Yay

"Go on..."- Seventh

"Haven't we killed enough people already? I mean, we killed a pirate hooker-"-Yay

"I'd prefer to think of that as'"Cleaning Washington's streets of a prostitution epidemic'"- Seventh

"In the explosion, we killed a bunch of journalists-"- Yay

"Oh spare me, Yay. Those weren't real journalists. These days, what they call 'journalists' are really just glorified tabloid writers. What we did was raise the integrity of our news, and journalism overall."- Seventh

"And we killed YYW!"- Yay

"That was just appealing to traditional marriage advocates. They've been neglected for too long by the members of our party, so I decided to throw them a bone."- Seventh

"Seventh, this is getting to be absolutely insane! I mean, I like blowing people up as much as the next guy, but this is getting to be a bit too much for my taste."- Yay

"Is this you getting soft, Yay?"- Seventh

"No... No it isn't."- Yay

"Because that's what it sounds like, Yay. In your job, your job to me, softness isn't an option. I have plenty of people who would mug the local Salvation Army guy for your job. And yet, I keep you. I'm not even sure that I remember why I keep you. Get your $hit together, Yay. Do you understand, now?"- Seventh

"Yes, I see, Seventh."- Yay

"Good. Now shoot up some stoners."
I walked into the office of EndarkenedRationalist at Fox News' office at the Watergate Hotel, to find him in astonishment, watching the local news.

"Today's shooting at a crackhouse in the suburbs of Langley has paralyzed the community. Among the four dead was a woman known as Esocialbookworm, who was suspected to be a prostitute, and a man identified as Progressivedem, who still had a needle in his arm when he was found by the police. The killer left behind a note, saying 'Liberal Media is dead! It is the time of Conservative Media! The O'Reilly Factor, starting at 8! And don't forget to watch Hannity at 10! Only on Fox News!'"

"By the beard of Allah... Who'd do such a thing?"- Endark

"What, shoot up a crackhouse, or watch Fox News?"- Seventh

Endark turned his head around to me in shock

"Because only one of those questions can be answered."- Seventh

"What are you doing here?"- Endark

"See, Endark, I need you for something important" Though anything I'd say would be more important than anything at Fox News."- Seventh
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 6:11:53 PM
DDO House of Cards
Season 1, Final Episode
Episode 14, Part 3, Final Part
A day that I had anticipated for so long, though not the most important one, had arrived. Yes, on this day, I had an audience with the president, Airmax. A few weeks before, we had a few beers to celebrate the passage of the Healthcare Bill, but it wasn't the meeting at the White House I had been anticipating.

No, the meeting I was going for was one concerning higher office for me. Something that took much patience and much alcohol.

My sheer ecstasy was interrupted by my phone ringing while I was walking on the White House lawn.

"Hello?"- Seventh

"Hello, Seventh. I take it you're close to the White House?"- Daytonanerd

"I'm on the lawn now, you son of a-"- Seventh

"No need for such language, Seventh. Or, as I'll probably have to say in a few hours, Mr. Vice President."- Daytona

"So what's your play, calling me?"- Seventh

"Oh you know, checking in on my guy, making sure you're alright, wondering how you ordering those shootings affected your conscience."- Daytona

"First things first, I'm not your guy. Second, you probably should stop saying these things over the phone. It is likely that this phone will be bugged once I become VP."- Seventh

"What's to say it already hasn't?"- Daytona

"You know, you"re pretty $hitty at keeping secrets."- Seventh

"I still have a lot to learn in this town."- Daytona
"Hello again, Seventh!"- Bsh

"Always nice to see you, Bsh. Hopefully, today we meet under happier circumstances."- Seventh

"I'm not going to spoil the president's surprise, but I can definitely assure you, the circumstances are in your favor."- Bsh

I gave off a chuckle

"Now you've got me excited, Bsh."- Seventh

"Well, no point in keeping you waiting. I"ll take you in to see the president now."- Bsh

The walk over... Well, I won't lie. I got pretty excited. Hell, who wouldn't? I was one walk away from being a heartbeat to the Presidency.

"Hello, Seventh. How have you been?"- Airmax

"Oh, I've been trying to get over my hangover from the last time we met, but I haven't been having a lot of luck."- Seventh

"Well, I think your luck is about to change... For the better."- Airmax

"What do you mean by that, Mr. President?"- Seventh

"Oh, you won't need to call me that, Seventh, because we're about to see each other a lot more."- Airmax

The status quo mandated that I act surprised.

"What do you mean by that, Mr. Pres- Airmax?"- Seventh

"Well, I don't think it should come as a surprise, if you haven't been living under a rock."- Airmax

"Wait... You don"t mean..."- Seventh

"Yes, Seventh. I want you to be my Vice President."- Airmax

A pause, for dramatic effect.

"You... You can't be serious! This... Why?"- Seventh

"You're the best man for the job, Seventh. You know how to get things done. I know that the VP spot gets a bad reputation, people calling it powerless and all. But I am confident that you, Seventh, will make the most out of the position, take charge, and bring pride to the administration. You're the hottest man in politics right now. You have the experience. You have the confidence. It must be you."- Airmax

"Wow... I don't know what to say... What do you say to that?"- Seventh

"Well, I have an idea..."- Airmax

"And what would that be?"- Seventh

"Yes."- Airmax

As much as I hated the guy, I just had to smile at that.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea, Airmax."- Seventh
Here I am. I am one step to the zenith of power in American politics... No, the world...

You know, people like to trash the Vice Presidency a lot. Interesting that most people to say that aren't the Vice President. And they sure as hell aren't me.

Airmax... You might think that you've satisfied me" But I"m never satisfied. The only thing you've done is clear up my sniper lens, and now I'm able to put you in my crosshairs.

The Kennedy Assassination will look clean after I'm finished with you.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 6:23:29 PM
Wow... 2,087 words... That's how long that finale came out to. This, obviously, is the longest episode of the show I've ever written.

Anyways, it's time for some thank you's!

First and foremost, thank you to Imabench! He came up with the whole concept, idea. This was going to be his series, but I had to take over for him, and I've enjoyed this opportunity! Though, it was hard to swallow that the first episode, which he wrote, was the longest in the series, though now that has changed. Thanks buddy!

I'd like to also thank Donald.Keller and Zaradi, who came up with this show's story along with myself and Imabench. The story was really the skeleton for this fanfic. Without it, like the human body, this story would just be mush. I just had the pleasure of expanding upon it with fat and skin, and I think the result came out beautifully.

Thank you to all the people who signed up eons ago. You probably don't remember that. Thanks for letting me play God with your characters!

And of course, I'd like to thank you guys, the readers, for taking time out to read what I wrote. You guys, reading this, is probably the reason I like writing this so much. I hope to entertain you next season as much, if not more than I did this season.

Thank you, and goodnight.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 6:48:18 PM
Black. Black. Black, everywhere.

are you sure? it looks gold to me
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 6:50:37 PM
At 2/28/2015 6:48:18 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Black. Black. Black, everywhere.

are you sure? it looks gold to me

With a little bit of color correction and beating your head with a rock, I'm fairly certain you'll start to see black.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 6:51:22 PM

lol wtf
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 6:52:08 PM
At 2/28/2015 6:51:22 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

lol wtf

It was hard to think of a chick for this part. So I went with Royal.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 6:59:52 PM
The 7th/Airmax conflict (and the 7th/bsh/airmax love triangle?) will be a really interesting plot next season, and I look forward to reading it!
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 6:35:51 PM
At 2/28/2015 6:59:52 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
The 7th/Airmax conflict (and the 7th/bsh/airmax love triangle?) will be a really interesting plot next season, and I look forward to reading it!

A. Bump?

and

B. Yeah, I'm busy, figuring out the 'plot' of this next season...
#FeeltheFreezerBern
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 6:36:47 PM
At 4/21/2015 6:35:51 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

A. Bump?

and

Pumped for the love triangle mostly
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 6:38:34 PM
At 4/21/2015 6:36:47 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 4/21/2015 6:35:51 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

A. Bump?

and

Pumped for the love triangle mostly

I'm not sure which I'm going to release first. The second season of this, or DDO Rocky. They're in about the same stage of development. I might just go with DDO Rocky first, so I don't rush the development of this. I feel as though it'd be easier to improvise elements of DDO Rocky than with this one.
#FeeltheFreezerBern