Jump to topic:

The Fappening

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 2:38:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Does anyone remember a few months ago when the cloud data storage was hacked and hundreds of female celebs had their nude images leaked? If not, no biggie, but for those of you who caught the wave and was able to see them, I have a question:

Has your view on the actresses changed at all?

I saw multiple nudes of Jennifer Lawrence, and recently while watching the latest hunger games film I just couldn't stop seeing her as the drunk topless chick in the photos. It's as if my respect for her as an actress just dropped out of nowhere. Now, I legit can't even take her seriously. That goes for a majority of the other actresses I saw nude like Selina Gomez, That chick from the Big Bang theory, etc., it's like seeing them nude took away all of the things that kept me interested in them in the first place...

Has anyone else experienced this before?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 2:39:13 PM
PS- I can't believe anyone was dumb enough to trust the cloud data storage in the first place... Like no-one was gonna get into it, lol, nigga please.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 3:42:20 PM
At 3/1/2015 2:38:08 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Does anyone remember a few months ago when the cloud data storage was hacked and hundreds of female celebs had their nude images leaked? If not, no biggie, but for those of you who caught the wave and was able to see them, I have a question:

I saw multiple nudes of Jennifer Lawrence, and recently while watching the latest hunger games film I just couldn't stop seeing her as the drunk topless chick in the photos. It's as if my respect for her as an actress just dropped out of nowhere. Now, I legit can't even take her seriously. That goes for a majority of the other actresses I saw nude like Selina Gomez, That chick from the Big Bang theory, etc., it's like seeing them nude took away all of the things that kept me interested in them in the first place...

I haven't seen such pictures, but it seems like it was pretty stupid of them to take the pictures in the first place.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 8:19:42 PM
At 3/1/2015 3:42:20 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I haven't seen such pictures, but it seems like it was pretty stupid of them to take the pictures in the first place.

http://www.troll.me...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 8:52:45 PM
The title of this thread though...

I've always had trouble separating the celebrity from the role, which is an issue when someone I recognize is in something I want to see or when an actor plays something strangely out of character. This happened to me when watching the mini-series Band of Brothers, a gritty WWII drama. I was insanely into it when then all of a sudden, David Schwimmer comes in playing a drill instructor. It's like, Ross, who are you trying to kid right now?

As for nudity, I've seen so many celebrities nude just from the various roles they've played that it isn't an issue anymore. I would likely be imagining them nude anyway, so that just cuts out the middleman.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 3:10:08 PM
Hmm, yeah. People who get their personal data stolen and distributed worldwide obviously cant be respected. Only classless people get drunk and naked.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 3:58:34 PM
At 3/2/2015 3:10:08 PM, Cermank wrote:
Hmm, yeah. People who get their personal data stolen and distributed worldwide obviously cant be respected. Only classless people get drunk and naked.

"Class"

lol
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 4:06:19 PM
At 3/2/2015 3:58:34 PM, RevNge wrote:

"Class"

lol

?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 4:11:58 PM
At 3/2/2015 4:06:19 PM, Cermank wrote:

"Class"

lol

?

Nothing. :3
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 4:46:49 PM
At 3/2/2015 4:11:58 PM, RevNge wrote:

"Class"

lol

?

yea, you'd better back off
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 4:48:39 PM
At 3/2/2015 4:46:49 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/2/2015 4:11:58 PM, RevNge wrote:

"Class"

lol

?

yea, you'd better back off

Fite me m8

*hides behind TUF*
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 3:41:08 PM

I wasn't saying that I lost my respect for them as a person because they got drunk and naked, because I agree with your point, lots of people do that. My take on it is that it is hard to respect them as professional actors/actresses now that I've seen them drunk and naked. I still think they are fine people in their own rights, for instance lots of them contribute to charities, etc., but as professional actors it's hard to see them in the same light now that I've seen them drunk/fully nude.

I think ultimately it's a psychological thing. I tend to hold famous actors/actresses in higher regards than the average person, so seeing them as normal people, especially nude or intoxicated, removes that special charm that I saw in them before.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 3:58:36 PM
At 3/4/2015 3:41:08 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I think ultimately it's a psychological thing. I tend to hold famous actors/actresses in higher regards than the average person, so seeing them as normal people, especially nude or intoxicated, removes that special charm that I saw in them before.

Holding them in higher regard than anyone else is your first mistake haha. It is hilarious and often painful to watch celebrities comment on politics or social change or world events. If you think the average citizen is uninformed, imagine how skewed your perspective becomes when you are suddenly skyrocketed to the 1% and had handlers and agents who are paid to keep you out of the loop.

Clip is relevant.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 8:28:52 PM
At 3/4/2015 3:58:36 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 3/4/2015 3:41:08 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Holding them in higher regard than anyone else is your first mistake haha. It is hilarious and often painful to watch celebrities comment on politics or social change or world events. If you think the average citizen is uninformed, imagine how skewed your perspective becomes when you are suddenly skyrocketed to the 1% and had handlers and agents who are paid to keep you out of the loop.

Clip is relevant.

Good clip, lol, I love Dave Chappelle. You're absolutely right though, and that was def my first mistake. It's not like I worship them or anything, but sometimes I've got to remind myself that they are just another person like you or me.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 5:33:25 PM
The thing i hate most about the fappening, is how the SJWs came out and started saying "Oh, you shouldnt look at them, its completely the hackers fault and no fault of the people who took the naked pictures, youre commiting psychic rape if you look at them" etc etc etc.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 12:26:56 PM

My opinion of Kate Upton went up a couple notches after seeing her nude.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 12:29:25 PM
At 3/6/2015 1:17:52 PM, Warik wrote:
I have seen most of the pictures. In fact you can still see the pictures online

Yeah, those pics really are all pretty available, sucks for the celebs - but I think their biggest mistake was trusting the Cloud. That was dumb, imo.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 12:31:55 PM
At 3/9/2015 5:33:25 PM, tkubok wrote:
The thing i hate most about the fappening, is how the SJWs came out and started saying "Oh, you shouldnt look at them, its completely the hackers fault and no fault of the people who took the naked pictures, youre commiting psychic rape if you look at them" etc etc etc.

Lmao, I know. I mean, I think everyone is a little guilty of some kind of wrong-doing or mistake. For instance, the hackers are definitely invading private property and unfairly sharing those images without permission, on the other hand, the celebs/models/ect., were dumb for storing them in something as accessible to hackers as the Cloud.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 12:37:03 PM
At 3/11/2015 12:31:55 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Lmao, I know. I mean, I think everyone is a little guilty of some kind of wrong-doing or mistake. For instance, the hackers are definitely invading private property and unfairly sharing those images without permission, on the other hand, the celebs/models/ect., were dumb for storing them in something as accessible to hackers as the Cloud.

"Guilty" is a very dangerous way to phrase it. Would you put blame on a man who forgot to lock his doors and who got robbed as a result?

Should the people have trusted the Cloud? No. Are they at fault? No.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 12:37:33 PM
At 3/11/2015 12:26:56 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

My opinion of Kate Upton went up a couple notches after seeing her nude.

That's an interesting point you bring up actually. Because I'd agree with you, in her case, it upped my opinion of her because she has one hell of a banging body. Now that I think about it, my opinions of most of the models shot up, whereas my opinion of the actresses shot down. I guess it comes down to who I thought actually looked good in those pics. Like, with most of the models, the nudes of them were somewhat classy and they purposely posed nicely and made sure they looked good. Most of the actresses were just pics of them being sloppy drunk and with their skirt pulled up or top pulled down. Some of the actresses looked good, I won't say names though, while others just made me lose any interest I might have previously had. It's a case-by-case thing with me, but ultimately I think the models had much better nudes compared to the actresses.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 12:50:35 PM
At 3/11/2015 12:37:03 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

"Guilty" is a very dangerous way to phrase it. Would you put blame on a man who forgot to lock his doors and who got robbed as a result?

Well, I guess you're right. If anything, they are guilty of not taking better precautions and being too naive in trusting the cloud. Both of which aren't necessarily their fault, but rather just something that could have been avoided if they were a little wiser.

Ehhh, I'm on the fence in regard to if they are at fault or not. I mean, the hackers clearly are, and they are ultimately guilty of invading private property and abusing it via distributing the pics online. As for the celebs themselves, I feel like they are partially at fault too but only because of their naivety. I suppose it falls onto if we view being naive as a fault or not. For me it's kind of a grey area. Like, they should have known better, but I also know it's somewhat unfair to hold naivety against someone if they don't know any better. It's just hard to accept that these celebs, with all their legal counseling over the years due to being famous, didn't realize that the cloud isn't safe.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 4:30:20 PM

i still like her as an actor

I just saw her tits bouncing everywhere , every 5 seconds during hte movie
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 4:36:32 PM

Is Selina Gomez even 18?
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 7:47:51 PM
At 3/11/2015 4:36:32 PM, Geographia wrote:

Is Selina Gomez even 18?

Yeah, she's 22.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:29:59 PM

I didn't think Kaley Cuoco (from Big Bang Theory) had any actual nudes in there... And what makes you think J Law was drunk in her photos?

I don't see why it would make you lose respect for them. Those photos were sent to their boyfriends. They weren't taken at a mardi gras party or something.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 10:35:31 PM

And honestly what happened to them could happen to anyone... Have you never sent a sexual picture to a girl from your phone? Are you sure you don't have all your photos auto-backing up to iCloud? I think it's a default setting.

And you know those recovery password questions -- what was the first street you lived on; what was the first school you attended; what was the name of your first pet. Unfortunately for celebrities, it's really easy for anyone to find those answers. And I had a sketchy "friend" in high school hack my AIM account using those answers. If the person answers them, they can change your password to anything they want. Security experts say to give fake answers to those questions (treat it like a second password, where you pick something random).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 12:46:18 AM
At 3/11/2015 10:35:31 PM, bluesteel wrote:

And honestly what happened to them could happen to anyone... Have you never sent a sexual picture to a girl from your phone? Are you sure you don't have all your photos auto-backing up to iCloud? I think it's a default setting.

I'm not sure if it's an auto-setting or not, when I got my most recent iPhone from an AT&T store the guy asked me if I wanted to connect my phone to the cloud when I first bought it and I told him no. Idk if it's the norm to ask customers or not, but in my case I had the choice.

And you know those recovery password questions -- what was the first street you lived on; what was the first school you attended; what was the name of your first pet. Unfortunately for celebrities, it's really easy for anyone to find those answers. And I had a sketchy "friend" in high school hack my AIM account using those answers. If the person answers them, they can change your password to anything they want. Security experts say to give fake answers to those questions (treat it like a second password, where you pick something random).

That's some really good advice actually. I've never thought about how easy it'd be for people to find that info, especially in regards to celebrities. It makes sense though.

Also, in regards to losing respect for them, I mean, I didn't lose respect in them as a person - because you're right, people send nudes, etc., all the time. I should have been more clear in my OP but didn't think this much into it at the time. Ultimately, it altered my perception of them as professional actresses, like, now when I see them on the big screen I'm brought back to seeing them nude/drunk/whatever in the fappening leak.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 1:06:06 AM

I mean, what happened to them could happen to anyone. I didn't see the pictures because I knew they wouldn't want the pictures to be seen- and I like to extend common decency. I don't see anything wrong with what the 'SJWs' were saying.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 11:34:38 AM
At 3/11/2015 12:37:03 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Uh, yeah, part of the blame does go on the guy for forgetting to lock his doors.

Why do you think there are signs around parking lots reminding you and warning you not to have valuables laying around in your car, or leaving your car unlocked, instead of having signs saying that theft is wrong? Why are the signs aimed at the potential victims of the car thefts, and not the theives themselves? Its because we understand that although theft is wrong, there are specific, and easy preventative actions and measures we can take to prevent, or decrease the likelihood of these things occurring in the first place.