Jump to topic:

Teenage Gay Kiss on TV

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 1:47:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Drudge Report indicated that a TV show on ABC Family called "The Fosters" made history recently: they had the first gay kiss between two 13 year old characters.

http://www.advocate.com...

I remember what it felt like when I was 13, and I agree with the what one dude said on twitter... indeed, life would have been a lot easier if that show was on TV when I was that age.

I had my first kiss when I was 11 or 12... I really can't remember, and it was a lot more awkward than the way this was portrayed on TV, but the times they are a changin'.

It may seem like a trivial thing or gesture to someone who isn't gay, to see two boys like that engaged in what would reasonably be regarded as a "normal teenage thing," but what happened on that show has never happened before.

When I watched TV shows as a kid, and even now, and I'm trying to relate to the characters, I could never relate to a heterosexual character in the same way that I can relate to a gay character.

I think that for a kid who watched that show now, who felt like they were different, and weird and gay or who was straight, or whatever... this is one more step in making "gay" normal, and that is a *very* good thing.
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 2:08:32 PM
At 3/5/2015 1:47:49 PM, YYW wrote:
Drudge Report indicated that a TV show on ABC Family called "The Fosters" made history recently: they had the first gay kiss between two 13 year old characters.

I remember what it felt like when I was 13, and I agree with the what one dude said on twitter... indeed, life would have been a lot easier if that show was on TV when I was that age.

I had my first kiss when I was 11 or 12... I really can't remember, and it was a lot more awkward than the way this was portrayed on TV, but the times they are a changin'.

It may seem like a trivial thing or gesture to someone who isn't gay, to see two boys like that engaged in what would reasonably be regarded as a "normal teenage thing," but what happened on that show has never happened before.

When I watched TV shows as a kid, and even now, and I'm trying to relate to the characters, I could never relate to a heterosexual character in the same way that I can relate to a gay character.

I think that for a kid who watched that show now, who felt like they were different, and weird and gay or who was straight, or whatever... this is one more step in making "gay" normal, and that is a *very* good thing.

"This video is not available."
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 2:16:12 PM
At 3/5/2015 2:08:32 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

"This video is not available."

The first video was Bob Dylan's "Times They Are A Changin'"

The second video pasted in post 2 is what you're looking for.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:18:40 PM
At 3/5/2015 4:16:23 PM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
At 3/5/2015 1:48:24 PM, YYW wrote:

i feel weird watching 13 year olds kiss

but yes, tis good

I'd agree lol
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 1:13:44 PM

+1
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 1:29:55 PM
Whenever I hear that song I always think of Watchmen lol
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...