Jump to topic:

DDO The Walking Dead: Uprising, Ep 11

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 11:16:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Dalt and Mikal struggled to keep the car on the tracks, as the concrete the tracks were laid in to were slanted, causing the car to drift off course after a while. This also put a cap limit on how fast they could go, but 30 miles per hour on the railroad tracks was a vast improvement from the 0 mile per hour gridlock they were locked in before.

Knowing that they had basically discovered their own private highway, Mikal and Dalt now needed to know what to do next, and where to even go.

"What about South?" - Mikal
Dalt shook his head. "That will just keep us along the east coast which is heavily populated, meaning that they'll be zombie heavy real quick" - Dalt
"What about further west then? Midwest is really empty, and the rate of spread for zombies would slow to a crawl" - Mikal
"Im thinking more of where we should go in the short term, not long term"." - Dalt said, jerking the wheel to keep the car on the tracks.

Mikal and Dalt mulled over their options out loud as they drove around, none of the ideas having much appeal. The two settled on the idea of heading to upstate New York, which was pretty rural and close by in terms of regional geography, but before they could iron out the details, the two then began to wonder if they should try to sleep for the night, or drive throughout the night.

=======================================================================

Wylted struggled once again to try to wedge himself out of his seat, but it was no use. The tanker they had crashed into had shifted a good chunk of its weight onto the hood of the car, which offered close to zero resistance and caved in, taking the part of the car above Wylted"s legs along with it.

The car held onto Wylted with the strength of a bear trap, and no matter how hard he tried to slide to either side or to pull his legs out, he couldn't budge. The horn of the truck going off attracted more and more zombies towards his location, and soon there were 30 of them surrounding him.

Then 40.
Then 70.
Then over a hundred.

Wylted sighed, and resigned into his seat, realizing that he was hopelessly stuck. He glanced casually at the lone zombie trying to grasp him through the window, being held back only by the twisted metal from the wreck that offered a buffer around the car door Wylted sat near, and observed it. Like so many other zombies he had seen, its skin was dead and peeling, its teeth were dead, its gums were horribly discolored, and its eyes were blood shot and clouded. He then glanced at Rev, who lied dead in the drivers seat after being killed on the impact, and wondered if Rev would end up a zombie as well".

Then Wylted wondered if he would meet the same fate.

He shook his head in disgust, refusing to even entertain the possibility of such a thing from occurring, even though that surely seemed like what would be the outcome. While he was shaking his head though, Wylted glanced towards Rev"s feet and saw the gun he had dropped.

It was just about within reaching distance.

Wylted bent over s far as he could and outstretched his hand, only the tips of his fingers being able to reach the gun. He stretched his arm out as far as he could, struggling as hard as he could, when he finally managed to slip his fingernails onto the gun and pull it towards himself, picking it up after struggling for it for a full 5 minutes.

Wylted held the gun which was very light weight in his hands. It was a small 6 shooter that was built to be easily concealed, not have any real fire-power. After toying with it, Wylted opened up the cartridge and saw how many bullets were left in it.

There were just two.

Wylted looked from the back of the gun up to Rev, and then back to his gun, weighing the options for what he should do next.

His first thought was one for Rev and one for himself, so that neither of them would have to transition into being a zombie. However, he then considered not shooting Rev at all, and letting his lifeless corpse zombify and forever roam the Earth, as punishment for killing YamaVonKarma.

Then Wylted considered that if he offed only himself, there would be one bullet left in the gun, which may by some miracle wind up in the hands of someone else fighting zombies. As slim as those odds were, if Wylted could help one person kill one zombie after he had died, then he would count that as a personal victory, and he decided to go with it.

That of course still left Wylted with the task of ending his own life, which is easier said then done. Wylted stared at the gun he held in his hands as he weighed whether he could really take his own life or not, pondering over the question while the collective hisses and noises from upwards of a hundred zombies surrounded the car outside, still being drawn by the sound of the truck"s horn blaring.

Wylted, hating the idea of taking his own life, hated the idea of becoming a zombie even more, and while weighing the two against each other, he finally came to terms with taking his own life.

"Alright, lets do this" Wylted said to himself, giving himself a slight nod of approval as if someone had asked if he was ready to take his own life.

Wylted looked up from the gun with his eyes closed, keeping himself calm and trying to calm down his heart rate as well. He took several more deep breaths, keeping his eyes closed, and raising the gun up to his head.

He pulled the trigger.

The gun clicked. Wylted cracked open one eye, wondering what the hell happened, and glanced at the gun, wondering if it had jammed or if the safety was on or something.

Upon quick inspection, he discovered that although there were two bullets left in the 6 shooter, neither bullet was in the proper position to pass through the chamber and be fired. Wylted had unknowingly just played a one-man game of Russian roulette with a loaded gun.

He cursed under his breath at his stupidity and took deep breathes to calm himself down again, when he opened his eyes and started blankly at the space in front of him. He then cursed at himself again, realizing that he had almost missed a tremendous opportunity.

He had forgotten that there was a goddamn oil tanker right in front of him!

Rolling his eyes at his own stupidity, Wylted hatched a plan in his mind that he was ashamed he hadn't thought of first. Knowing that there were two bullets in the gun, he fired once straight into the roof of the car, the gunshot ringing out and attracting every zombie in the area that wasn't already surrounding the truck that was still beeping towards him.

Wylted then counted to 60, with a smug smile on his face, waiting for as many zombies as possible to come as close as possible. If he was going down, he was going to take as many zombies down with him as possible.

He reached 10, and counted a little slower. He held the gun perfectly steady, as if he was a sniper attempting a record-setting shot. When he hit 5, he felt no fear. When he hit 3, he smiled, and when he hit 1, he closed his eyes.

The last thing he felt was a slightly hotter-than comfortable blast pass over his face, and a white light that even through closed eyelids was blinding.

In one shot, Wylted set the record for most zombies killed by a single person, at 137 zombies, had it been recorded. That record stood for 10 days, before the Indian government began firebombing its own cities with incendiary bombs, with 1 of those bombs taking out 214 zombies. If you ruled out military personnel and only looked at most kills in a single instance by a civilian, Wylted owned that record by a long shot. The next closest record was 44, so Wylted went down in a class of his own.

And for anyone who knew Wylted, he wouldn't have wanted to go out in any other way.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 11:17:14 AM
"Pull over real quick, I gotta pee" Mikal piped up after a while
"We've only been driving for like an hour" - Dalt
"Yeah but I haven't gone to the bathroom in 6. I didn't go before we left" - Mikal
"It's almost night, we need to keep moving" - Dalt
"I'd rather have to pee now then in another hour when it'll be dark" - Mikal

"Ah fine, just go in a bush or something." Dalt relented, pulling to a stop on the tracks. Mikal threw open a door and made his way towards the bushes and trees on either side of the tracks. He wanted to stay close to the car, but he wanted to be out of earshot so that Dalt wouldn't hear his pee hit the ground.

Mikal went about two bushes deep, so that he was out of sight, but if he leaned back he could see the car and make a quick escape. He then looked around for any signs of zombies or people, and then unzipped his pants when he was in the clear. It took him a while to finally pee, as he was a nervous pee-er, and peeing in a forest near railroad tracks when a zombie apocalypse was taking place was a little nerve-racking. The last thing Mikal wanted to have happen to him was to be chased by zombies while his d*ck in his hand....

He finished relieving himself and made his way back in the car. Dalt resumed their drive along the tracks.

========================================================

Hours passed and it was now completely dark out, Dalt and Mikal were stopped on the tracks. The tracks they were driving on led into a tunnel that was ominously pitch black, so they stopped outside the entrance wondering what they should do next. Their options were to turn around and go back on the main roads, go through the tunnel itself, or go on foot to somewhere else. None of the options were particularly good, so Dalt had put the car in reverse and backed up 1/6th of a mile and killed the lights. They were now out of sight from anyone else as thick trees and bushes lined the railroad, and the two sat in the car, staring at the tunnel in front of them, listening to the radio.

Nearly every city had been devastated. Some cities were simply overwhelmed by how fast the transmission rate was to stop the outbreak, others that had several large hospitals were subdued because the multiple breakout locations prevented a swift and organized response. A few smaller cities went under because police forces that could have stopped the outbreak had been dispatched to surrounding suburbs to handle cases there, causing them to be shorthanded when the breakout began to occur in the cities themselves.

The only city that was holding out, according to the radio, was Detroit of all places. A winter storm had dumped a ton of snow on the city, and since just about everyone there had a gun permit, citizens themselves managed to band together with police and snuff out any zombie outbreak that popped up. Other cities that had been buried in snow recently held out longer as well, but even those cities soon became overrun, whereas Detroit stood its ground.

"Snow slows them down you think?" - Mikal
"Well, It hinders movement, which naturally would slow the outbreak, but on a biological level, the huge cold may impact these zombies and their ability to attack and move on a larger level then the cold slows down normal people." - Dalt

"So do we head north towards the cold where its rural, or west towards Detroit where people are still holding out?" - Mikal asked
"I dunno. Something tells me that Detroit will go under soon enough.... What do you think about the rural New York idea?" - Dalt
"It makes sense that fewer people means fewer zombies popping up, but once the zombies in the cities exhaust their food supply, the first place they are going to head is suburbs and rural areas..... A city full of zombies against rural folk will be a very one sided fight." - Mikal

"How long do you think it would be before zombie hordes start heading towards the rural areas?" - Dalt
"The way things are going right now, Id give it about a week." - Mikal
"What about going DEEP into rural country. Like Kansas or Iowa or some place like that." - Dalt
"Hell it'll take zombies forever to walk to the midwest from the east coast. Rural and cold, like South Dakota or Minnesota, would be our best bet, but how the hell do we get there safely?" - Mikal

"We could try to get someone in the CDC to send a helicopter our way" - Dalt
"We can't go halfway across the country in a helicopter, the noise from it alone will probably just have the zombies follow us all the way there, and the stopping for fuel would make us sitting ducks" - Mikal

"What about a boat?" - Dalt said, thinking outside the box.
"We cant get to Minnesota by boat..." - Mikal
"Actually we can" - Dalt said, shifting in his seat. "We can take a boat up the Hudson river and then ride the Erie Canal straight to the Great Lakes, and we can make our way through each of the great lakes until we hit Minnesota.... In fact, we don't even have to aim for Minnesota, we could stop when we hit Wisconsin, Rural parts of Michigan.... Hell we could just go to Canada if we wanted." - Dalt

"Canada?" Mikal said, shaking his head. "Montreal, Quebec, Toronto and Ottawa are all located near the border along the state of New York, If we head there we'll just be jumping from one fire straight into another slightly more Canadian one" He added.

"Okay fine, but what about the idea of getting a boat in general?" - Dalt
"Well where in the hell are we going to get a boat? I don't even know how to swim for f*cks sake, I don't know how we are going to get a boat. We'd be better off stealing a loaded cruise ship and just living off of that as long as we could" - Mikal

"That'd be a lot of fun actually" - Dalt said with a smile
Mikal chuckled at the thought of it as well... High ranking members of the CDC relaxing on a stolen cruise ship while the world around them became overrun with zombies due to a virus of some sorts. Talk about irony.

Then again one of their other plans was to head to the last functioning city in the US, which was Detroit.

"What do you think we should do right now though?" - Dalt
"I got a bad feeling about going into that tunnel..." - Mikal
"I'm nervous as well, but we don't have many other options" - Dalt
"What if we run into a horde of zombies while in there? We can't drive through them in this dinky thing, and the only escape route we have is to gun it in reverse, which isn't really an escape plan" - Mikal

"I know.... I know. But its completely isolated from the outside world. We could hide in there for the night with minimal chance of being detected, and Id rather take my chances in there then out on the streets where we know we'll be found." - Dalt

"What if a train comes? If it comes from behind us we might not be able to outdrive it, and if it comes from in front of us we're f*cked" - Mikal

"Yeah, you're right" - Dalt said, after a brief pause.

Both of them sat in silence, the radio just repeating everything it had said before. Neither Dalt nor Mikal could make up their minds about what they should do next. going back onto the main streets was tremendously dangerous compared to the relative safety they were in now, but going into the tunnel seemed unnecessarily risky and borderline stupid.

"Lets flip a coin" - Dalt suddenly said, glancing at Mikal.
"We're going to let a quarter decide our plan of survival in a zombie apocalypse?" - Mikal
"Actually I only have a nickel" - Dalt said, producing a nickel out of his pocket. "Heads we go in, tails we go back on the streets"

Mikal relented, because sitting in the car being indecisive was costing them precious time anyways. "Do it"

Dalt flipped the coin, caught it in his hand, and placed it onto his forearm, pausing before glancing at which side was face up.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 11:22:56 AM
Living - Current Status

Daltonian - Driving car on rail tracks
Mikal - With Dalt in car on rail tracks

Dead - Mode of Death

Geographia - Devoured by zombies
Mishapqueen - Car Crash
PetersSmith - Car Crash, bitten beforehand
Bennett91 - Overdosed on Cocaine, Zombified
1Harderthanyou - In ambulance demolished by semi-truck
zmikecuber - Bitten, Zombified
VelCrow - Left behind to die from wounds, Zombified
That1User - Shot, then executed by Yama
Esocialbookworm - Partially eaten by zombies, Zombified
Endarkened - Dead, Zombified
YamaVonKarma - Killed by RevNge
RevNge - Car Accident, Incinerated
Wylted - Suicide, incinerated

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 11:25:53 AM
Last episode will be the finale guys, so brace yourselves :P

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 11:38:15 AM
At 3/12/2015 11:25:53 AM, imabench wrote:

Good episode. Sucks that Wylted died, but awesome how he did it.

"Send me out.... with a bang." - Sergeant Major Johnson
"You're more of a fluentic fail doer who sometimes does a doo dah with a diggity ding, managing to push open doors that weren't meant to be opened, only to find that there's no floor, so you instead become spiderman and crawl on the walls." -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 11:54:19 AM

Both of them are going to die, lol.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 11:58:52 AM
Sig Change.
"You're more of a fluentic fail doer who sometimes does a doo dah with a diggity ding, managing to push open doors that weren't meant to be opened, only to find that there's no floor, so you instead become spiderman and crawl on the walls." -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 9:11:56 PM

Excellent episode as always. That Wylted suicide was epic and satisfying. I'm glad Rev didn't become a zombie and eat him. Would have been anti-climatic for me.

Looking forward to the finale!
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Winnienie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 2:56:43 AM
Hey! I think I recall seeing your username once or twice, but I don't think I was on the old enough during the time you were there to really get to know you.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

http://www.rsgpfast.com...
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 10:30:05 PM

What ever happened to me? I know I'm a zombie but do I make any cameos?? Am I just another zombie doing nothing?

And what about me makes you think I'd OD on cocaine?!