Jump to topic:

DDO The Walking Dead: Uprising, Ep 12 Finale

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 1:17:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Previous Episode: http://www.debate.org...

========================================================================

"Heads, we go into the tunnel" - Dalt said, after flipping the coin.

He put the car back into drive, turned on the lights, and the car drove into the tunnel.

It was a very long tunnel that curved slightly left and right, to the point that you could never see what was 40 feet down the tracks in front of you. Dalt crept the car around the corners, vigilant to throw the car into reverse and punch it at any sight of a zombie.

As turn after turn revealed no zombies, and only a longer expanse of railroad, Dalt let his guard down, and began to maintain a constant speed as the car drove through the tunnel, averaging about 15 to 20 miles per hour.

"Do you think we should stay in here for the night?" - Mikal
"I am NOT comfortable with that idea" - Dalt
"I don"t like the idea of sleeping anywhere right now, but i"m exhausted... I"m sure you are too, and this place is far more isolated and closed off from the outside world then anything we can find outside of this tunnel." - Mikal

Dalt pulled the car to a stop and weighed the idea.

"What if we get hit by a train?" - Dalt.
"We can park within sight of the end of the tunnel. If one comes, which it hasn't all day long, then the rumbling and the noise will wake us up and we can get out of the way fast" - Mikal

"That's extremely risky" - Dalt
"There hasn't been a train all day, and we"ve been driving on this track for hours now." - Mikal
"Hang on. Can you check your phone for train times? We may be able to find an actual train schedule for the tracks we"re on" - Dalt

Mikal whipped out his phone and tried to find a train schedule, but the tunnel they were in prevented him from getting any kind of a signal. He dropped the phone into his lap and cursed at himself silently. Both of them paused as they reevaluated the situation.

"If you keep the keys in the ignition but keep the lights and radio off, then we can make a quick escape should something bad happen." - Mikal

Dalt weighed it over for a long time before he finally gave in. "Alright. We haven't seen a train on these tracks yet, and if one does come, we can give ourselves a chance to get out of the way if we stay near the tunnel exit."

Mikal gave him a nod of approval, and Dalt put the car back into drive, accelerating towards the end of the tunnel. After another turn though, the car quickly began to behave erratically, swerving violently left and right as the sound of metal scraping echoed through the tunnel.

"Stop! Stop the car! Sh**!" - Mikal said, alarmed at the sudden turn of events.
Dalt stepped on the brakes and the car came to a stop near one side of the tracks at a very awkward angle. Both of them opened their doors and stepped out to see what had happened, and both of them were very disheartened at what they found.

The tracks that had been laid into concrete that offered them their makeshift road had ended, and resumed into being just regular railroad tracks that sat on the ground, causing Dalt to lose control of the car.

"Can we still drive on this?" - Mikal asked.
Dalt hopped back into the drivers seat and threw the car into reverse in an attempt to back up from the wall. The car went nowhere. He then tried putting it in drive and steering back onto the tracks, where the car lurched forward only to plow right into the other wall, causing a terrible screeching sound to echo through the tunnels once again.

Dalt hopped out of his car and shook his head. "You could give me a lifetime and I wouldn't be able to figure out how to safely drive on these tracks, the car is pretty much gone now" - Dalt angrily muttered, slamming the door shut.

"Well sh**, now what?" - Mikal asked, still wondering why the tracks would change all of a sudden.
"Ummm, hang on. How far are we away from the entrance of the tunnel? Is it like right around this next turn or something?" - Dalt
"Well we"ve been in this tunnel almost forever so it has to end soon" - Mikal reasoned, jogging down the tracks around the corner to see if he could spot anything.

The car lights that illuminated the tunnel had almost completely faded when Mikal went around one last turn and saw the end of the tunnel. The sky was pitch black outside, but he could make out from the moonlight that illuminated the tracks outside the tunnel that that is where the tunnel ended.

He jogged back into the tunnel towards Dalt to tell him about the good news, gaining energy despite how tired he was from the first slate of good news in a while.

"Dalt, the tunnel ends literally just up ahead of us, we can still get the car out of here" - Mikal

Dalt though wasn't as concerned about the car. He explained to Mikal that on foot, the two of them could simply press themselves up against the walls and avoid being plastered by a train should one come, meaning that the car was now pretty much expendable. The two of them both figured that since the car wasn't going anywhere anyways, they could sleep in the car overnight, and then when the next day came, go out on foot somewhere and figure out a new plan.

Dalt kept two blankets in his car for when New York winters proved to be exceptionally cold during his commute, so the he tossed one to Mikal and one into the drivers seat. Both of them hopped in the car, reclined the seats as far back as they would go, and then covered themselves in the blankets. Despite their extensive exhaustion, it took them both almost an hour to toss and turn before eventually falling asleep.

While they slumbered, the world outside them fell deeper and deeper into hell. After it became clear that major cities had become completely overrun, several governments, including the US, began to carry out "strategic" bombing of certain cities to try to wipe out as many zombies as safely as possible. In reality, they were hoping to kill everything that moved, whether it be zombie or human, because if it wasn't a zombie, is was figured that it would likely become one. Only the most urbanized cities were bombed immediately, such as LA, Chicago, and New York City. Smaller cities such as Jacksonville and Atlanta were spared until much later, while some avoided being bombarded at all simply because pilots or incendiary bombs couldn't be found in time.

As bad as things got in the United States though, they paled in comparison to what happened elsewhere. Many corrupt nations in Africa and Asia saw their heads of state flee countries completely, taking their military forces with them, and leaving their former countries on their own. Other nations used the apocalypse as an opportunity to drop nuclear hardware on enemy neighbors, justifying the nuking as an attempt to stop the zombie outbreak from hitting their borders. North Korea nuked South Korea, Israel nuked Iran and several other neighboring countries, and both Pakistan and India nuked each other almost at the same time, causing many people to die as a result of a nuclear blast instead of a zombie bite.

European nations meanwhile refused to bombard their cities and citizens with anything, but their militaries were so small that they were overrun that much quicker. Worldwide, the governments of smaller urban nations like the Netherlands, Japan, England, and Italy had collapsed completely due to how quick the infection spread. Larger nations that had more rural areas such as the US, Russia, Canada, and parts of China held out for a longer period of time, but even they would go under after a while.

The world outside spiraled deeper into hell, and Dalt and Mikal slumbered through it, unaware of a horde of zombies heading into the tunnel they had taken refuge in.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 1:17:38 PM
Mikal woke up first, being awakened by what sounded like something bumping up against the window next to him. He cracked his eyes open and rubbed them to see what was going on, but the tunnel was pitch black, so he couldn't see anything. Mikal checked his watch which had a light on it and saw that it was about 10 am.

He almost jumped out of his skin when a large bump hit the car door on his side. It could have been some animal fleeing fro its life, or a piece of the roof just falling from the ceiling, but Mikal immediately suspected that there may have been a zombie or two near the car.

He was correct, but was off by about 30.

Mikal slowly, and as quietly as he could, turned over towards Dalt and poked him to wake up, hearing several more bumps around the car. Dalt stirred a little before waking up, as Mikal tried to explain to him what was going on.

"Dalt.... Dalt wake up, we got a problem. They're outside" - Mikal
"Hmmm? Who"s outside?" - Dalt
"Keep your voice down. They are outside the car, the zombies" - Mikal
Dalt finally became wide awake.
"Are you sure?" - Dalt
"I, I think so" - Mikal
"I have an idea" - Dalt said, reaching to the keys in the ignition.
Mikal slapped his hand away from it "Are you NUTS???"
"Im just going to turn the key to lower the windows a bit, then we can hear if they're out there" - Dalt
"Oh, oh okay. Yeah, good idea" - Mikal said, keeping his voice to a whisper.

Dalt turned the keys one notch, and the lights came on immediately.
He had forgot to turn them off before he turned the car off, and when he turned the key, they immediately lit back up.

"Oh SH**" Mikal said, sinking down into his chair. The zombies all turned towards the blinding lights in the tunnel and swarmed it. Dalt lept into action, turning the keys all the way to activate the engine, and stepping on the gas.

The car moved about an inch and then went nowhere.

"Its not moving!" - Mikal yelled, as zombies began trying to break through the windows.
"Plan B!" - Dalt yelled, throwing the car into reverse.
"What's Plan B?" - Mikal asked
Dalt floored it again, and this time the car lucked backwards along the rails, ping-ponging between the walls and running over several zombies before the car made its way back onto the rails that were laid into concrete.

"What are you doing??" - Mikal
"Backing up!" - Dalt yelled.
The car drove backwards, backing over several zombies as Dalt tried to navigate while looking out the back window. The zombies in the front of the car gave chase, being lured through the tunnel by the sound of the car and the headlights that were still on.
"Turn the lights off, they're following us!" - Mikal
"I cant, the brake lights in the back are the only way I can see where I am go""

The car then slammed into one of the walls, coming to a halt and causing both airbags to deploy.

"Christ, the car is dead!" - Dalt
"What do you mean???" - Mikal
"Once the airbags go off the car won't go anywhere!" - Dalt
"What!?!? Well then what the hell are we going to do now???" - Mikal
"Bail out!" - Dalt said, throwing open the door and bailing out.

Mikal, freaking out, then hatched the most brilliant and crazy idea he would have that day. He pulled the keys out of the car, turning it off, and then hit the car alarm on the keys so that the car would start flashing and honking.

He bailed out of the car and found himself up against the side of the wall, hoping the plan would work. Some of the zombies went for the car, but some went for Mikal, seeing him from the glimpses of flashing lights from the car.

Mikal got down to a crouch and weaved his way through the zombies. They could only see him when the car lights had flashed on, but by the time they flashed off and then on a second time, Mikal would already have moved somewhere else. His one hope for survival now was to just stay low and keep moving.

While Mikal got lucky in weaving through the zombies, Dalt was not as lucky, having accidentally plowed into a zombie in the dark and then being swarmed by them. Mikal could hear his screams echo through the tunnel, but he kept moving, as it was his only hope.

Dalt had driven the car quite a bit back into the tunnel, and soon the flashing car lights faded, leaving Mikal in the one part of the tunnel that was pitch black.

Mikal slowed down and kept his breathing to a minimum, proceeding slower along the side of the tunnel as he made his way towards the exit. The zombies could smell him, but they couldn't see him, and even though Mikal bumped into several zombies as he crouched his way towards the exit, he kept himself along the wall, and slipped past the zombies before they had any idea where he was.

The end of the tunnel was approaching, the light from outside poured in from the exit and illuminated the last stretch of the tunnel. This signal of the finish line though also made it so that Mikal"s cover was lost, and he wouldn't be able to stealthily slip by the rest of the zombies like he had done before.

He was going to have to make a break for it.

Mikal counted 15 zombies between him and the exit. He was out of ideas, and sprinting for the exit, as crazy as that sounded, seemed like the best option simply because of how close the exit was.

He got to his feet and ran as fast as he could.

The first 3 zombies never saw him.
The next 3 saw him, but were well behind Mikal when they turned to make a swipe at him.
The next 3 saw him coming, and tried to get him, but they only managed to swipe at his clothes.

The last 6 then turned and all made their way towards Mikal.

He tried to maneuver past them, but he soon found himself being grabbed at on all sides, becoming trapped as the zombies tried to pile onto him. Mikal twisted and turned in a fury to try to free himself, crouching down to try to slip past the zombies once again. He could feel the zombies nip at his shirt trying to bite him, being thwarted only by Mikal"s stature and his constant movement. The sheer fear Mikal felt fueled his adrenaline that drove him to keep spinning and moving around. By some miracle, Mikal broke free and ran towards the exit of the tunnel.

Reaching the exit, Mikal immediately ran off the tracks and into the bushes out of sight, quite literally running for his life. Adrenaline gave away to panic as Mikal focused entirely on getting as far away from the tunnel as possible.

After running for a while and losing energy, Mikal came to a stop, panting. He checked his watch to see what time it was"..

".. And thats when he noticed the bite mark on his wrist.

He hadn't felt it before, but as he calmed down, the pain from the bite made itself evident, and his wrist began to feel numb ever so slightly. Mikal cursed at his bad luck, and did so profusely, and out loud as well. Mikal then heard some leaves rustling, and could hear the hiss of zombies in the background.

Mikal, intent on living to the last breath, made his way through out of the bushes and onto a street that was lined with crashed and abandoned cars. He ran as quickly as he could to find refuge, vowing to himself that no matter what happened or how things would turn out, he would find a way to not turn into a zombie, and do whatever it took.

He may have now been a Dead Man Walking.....
But he swore to not become The Walking Dead.....

========================================================================

The End
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 1:21:30 PM
Final Results:

Geographia - Devoured by zombies
Mishapqueen - Died in a Car Crash
PetersSmith - Died in a Car Crash, bitten beforehand
Bennett91 - Overdosed on Cocaine, Zombified
1Harderthanyou - In ambulance demolished by semi-truck
zmikecuber - Bitten, then Zombified
VelCrow - Bitten, Left to die by Endarkened and Wylted, Zombified
That1User - Shot, then executed by Yama
Esocialbookworm - Partially eaten by zombies, Zombified
Endarkened - Bitten, Zombified
YamaVonKarma - Killed by RevNge
RevNge - Car Accident, Incinerated
Wylted - Suicide, incinerated
Daltonian - Devoured by zombies
Mikal - Bitten

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 1:25:42 PM
At 3/17/2015 1:21:30 PM, imabench wrote:
Final Results:

Mikal - Bitten

O_O what and ending.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 1:28:51 PM
At 3/17/2015 1:25:42 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Final Results:

Mikal - Bitten

O_O what and ending.

This actually wasnt even close to what the two I had originally thought about using

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 1:29:51 PM
At 3/17/2015 1:28:51 PM, imabench wrote:
Final Results:

Mikal - Bitten

O_O what and ending.

This actually wasnt even close to what the two I had originally thought about using

Really? Wow.

And what were those, may I ask?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 1:36:22 PM
At 3/17/2015 1:29:51 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Final Results:

Mikal - Bitten

O_O what and ending.

Really? Wow.

The first was have Mikal survive the whole thing, as a surprise back when people thought I had an eternal hatred for him. Then when people found out that me and him made up, I had to scrap this ending since it wouldnt have been as much of a surprise.

The other was to have Dalt shoot Mikal at the exit of the tunnel so that he would live and leave Mikal behind to get devoured, as an ultimate act of betrayal. Problem was that I had made Dalt and Mikal such good friends in the series that it just didnt seem plausible to me to end it like that.

So, I went with the ending #3 :P

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 1:37:27 PM
At 3/17/2015 1:36:22 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/17/2015 1:29:51 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Final Results:

Mikal - Bitten

O_O what and ending.

Really? Wow.

The first was have Mikal survive the whole thing, as a surprise back when people thought I had an eternal hatred for him. Then when people found out that me and him made up, I had to scrap this ending since it wouldnt have been as much of a surprise.

The other was to have Dalt shoot Mikal at the exit of the tunnel so that he would live and leave Mikal behind to get devoured, as an ultimate act of betrayal. Problem was that I had made Dalt and Mikal such good friends in the series that it just didnt seem plausible to me to end it like that.

So, I went with the ending #3 :P

Makes sense.
Suh dude

Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 7:10:42 PM
Oh my god.
If you think you're surrounded by a sh*tton of zombies, the last then you should probably make sure you don't do stupid badly thought out sh*t like sticking the keys in the ignition to open the windows to *make sure* that there are zombies there.
God. What a way to die.
10/10.
Senpai has noticed you.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 10:08:23 PM
Uprising is a mini series of constant orgasms.

While at times a little bit too chaotic such as when Yama and his gang were doing their truck chasing and Yama's death, plus Rev's revenge and then dying and then Endark dying and then...

Well, almost everyone's dead. Almost. And while it sometimes makes things a little bit messy at first, it leads to one hell of a finale.

I especially liked Bench's last words and the twisting of words on "dead man walking" and "the walking dead". I felt satisfied even when I was pretty sure Mikal would die anyway. Ambiguous endings are awesome anyways.

Character relationships were done excellently as well. Mikal and Dalt felt like close partners who've worked with each other for a long time. They feel like they have a history between them. I do feel that the other characters didn't get as much development before their demise, but the creative character dialogues were hilarious and felt real and genuine.

I loved this miniseries and am looking forward to Bench's next instalment. (May it induce as much orgasms as this one.)

Favourite characters:
1) Endark (epic last fight)
2) Bennett (hilarious)
3) Mikal (epic)
4) YamaVonKarma (epic accent)
5) Wylted (epic death)
6) Geographia (I actually liked Geographia's character. The character seemed three dimensional. Maybe it's because of the character's activity and job. It made it seem like the character had other interests beyond the story.)
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 1:56:38 AM
At 3/17/2015 7:10:42 PM, Beginner wrote:
Oh my god.
If you think you're surrounded by a sh*tton of zombies, the last then you should probably make sure you don't do stupid badly thought out sh*t like sticking the keys in the ignition to open the windows to *make sure* that there are zombies there.
God. What a way to die.
10/10.

<3

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 1:58:00 AM
At 3/17/2015 10:08:23 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Uprising is a mini series of constant orgasms.

While at times a little bit too chaotic such as when Yama and his gang were doing their truck chasing and Yama's death, plus Rev's revenge and then dying and then Endark dying and then...

Well, almost everyone's dead. Almost. And while it sometimes makes things a little bit messy at first, it leads to one hell of a finale.

I especially liked Bench's last words and the twisting of words on "dead man walking" and "the walking dead". I felt satisfied even when I was pretty sure Mikal would die anyway. Ambiguous endings are awesome anyways.

Theyre SOOOOOO much fun XD

Character relationships were done excellently as well. Mikal and Dalt felt like close partners who've worked with each other for a long time. They feel like they have a history between them. I do feel that the other characters didn't get as much development before their demise, but the creative character dialogues were hilarious and felt real and genuine.

Thats kinda why I couldnt have Dalt kill Mikal to save himself at the end of it all, which was ending number 2 that I almost went with.

I loved this miniseries and am looking forward to Bench's next instalment. (May it induce as much orgasms as this one.)

Favourite characters:
1) Endark (epic last fight)
2) Bennett (hilarious)
3) Mikal (epic)
4) YamaVonKarma (epic accent)
5) Wylted (epic death)
6) Geographia (I actually liked Geographia's character. The character seemed three dimensional. Maybe it's because of the character's activity and job. It made it seem like the character had other interests beyond the story.)