Jump to topic:

DDO FANFIC: Survivor book 1 episode 16

DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 9:35:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Please do not post until I finish posting.

Episode 00:http://www.debate.org...
Episode 01:http://www.debate.org...
(RACE FOR SURVIVAL)
Episode 02:http://www.debate.org...
(WAR?)
Episode 03:http://www.debate.org...
(BROKEN)
Episode 04:http://www.debate.org...
(FEAR IS THE GREATEST WEAPON)
Episode 05:http://www.debate.org...
(BOND)
Episode 06:http://www.debate.org...
(TIME)
Episode 07:http://www.debate.org...
(THE SENSIBLES.)
Episode 08:http://www.debate.org...
(UNITED AS ONE.)
Episode 09: http://www.debate.org...
(A LITTLE MADNESS IN THE MIX.)
Episode 10:http://www.debate.org...
(THERE ARE ALWAYS CASUALTIES.)
Episode 11:http://www.debate.org...
(THE ALMOST PERFECT DAY.)
Episode 12: http://www.debate.org...
(STANDING TALL.)
Episode 13: http://www.debate.org...
(DYING WISH.)
Episode 14:http://www.debate.org...
(LIFE AND DEATH.)
Episode 15: http://www.debate.org...
(DIVIDE.)

Sign-Up Sheet:http://www.debate.org...

Yup, I"m back, and so is Survivor!

EPISODE 16: DENIAL AND ACCEPTANCE.
=====================================================================
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 9:45:03 AM
Group 01:
POV: DarthKirones

Okay... I'm ready to give up my Anarchist ideology now... This is just ridiculous.

DarthKirones, DDD and Pots were all that were left from the members of the ship destroying themselves, each other and the ship. Everyone but them had their personalities altered in a bad way...

20 minutes previous...

*BANG*

"Hugggh! What the?!" Darth snapped his head up. He had fallen asleep while repairing the damaged weapons and armor from the most recent incursion of the Defenders (Episode 14! -Darth.)

Darth, who was becoming more and more immersed in technology and distant from the real world, was not used to such noises anymore. His dirty blonde hair was tangled and his clothes tattered and ripped, except for his black hoodie, his only reminder of his lost home... Earth.

I almost forgot what my voice sounded like. It's been so long. I only talk during the weekly Defenders meetings, and to my hoodie, but... I need a break... Maybe I should see if there is any coffee left?

Darth grabbed a spare gauntlet that he had designed. The gauntlet had a similar feature to that of Pot's energy shield, where it could great a large energy sphere that blocks virtually any kind of attack, it could also become a smaller, discus shape that can be used for offensive purposes.

Darth pulled the door open, only to find almost everyone on the ship fighting each other. The members of the Defenders used their tools and weapons, others improvised and used various objects on the ship as weapons and the rest simply used their fists, legs and even their heads.

"WHAT THE F@$% IS GOING ON?" Darth screamed.

Every damn one of us are odd and not normal, but at least we are usually rational enough to not go and start fighting everyone. So what is with them?

Darth needed a plan, but even with his shield, he couldn't last forever in a fight, and if he were to simply go back to his room, they would destroy the ship.

Wait. Those burns don"t seem... natural.

Of course! Everyone that was fighting had square orange burns that seemed to be growing slowly. But before Darth could exploit this apparent weakness, Lannan pushed Rev and Marie on the ground and rushed at Darth like a rhino. Darth slid behind his energy shield, which kept Lannan at bay.

"Lannan, buddy! What has gotten into you? Into everybody?" Darth pleaded, pushing the bright purple energy shield on Lannan"s clenched fists.

"Screw off! All you are is a sad little nerd that surrounds himself in technology to make up for his pain! I take action, I risk my life to fight for good as a Defender, but you? You hide behind a desk, making doo-dads and ding-dongs and say that you are helping. Why don"t you go back to your little hole and continue to lose yourself in your machines, at least there would be none of you left to bother us!"

Darth was able to stand up, shoving Lannan with the shield into Carriead and That1User with his shield. But Darth couldn't fight anymore, not because of physical injury, but rather because what Lannan had struck him like lightning... But the worst part? It was completely justified, and 100% true, and Darth knew it.

So that is how DDD felt like when I told him my theory about the explosion on Earth (Waaaaay back in Episode 1! -Darth.) All I want to do is run I can"t fight the truth anymore. I am a liability, I am useless, and I am a fake. I've just been fighting it for too long...

Darth ran from the battle, and burst into the cockpit, shutting the door before anyone else could get in. There he saw DDD and Pots, talking happily and being completely oblivious to the conflict outside the metal doors.

"...And that is why I am a Hufflepuff!" Pots rambled, sipping his tea while gazing at nearby stars. The ship was stopped, as every 12 hours, DDD and Pot's would take a rest.

"Great sto- Darth? What are you doing in here? And why are you sweating?" DDD ate a Blurgen Sandwich, a delicacy on Madessia that he had gotten before they left. Despite their past friendship, he and DDD have had some tension.

"Everyone has become moral-black holes and are all trying to kill each other." Darth impatiently explained, wanting to formulate a plan.

DDD scratched his red hair while taking another bite of his sandwich. "Okay... You're going to have to back that claim up."

"9spaceking is one of them, and he wasn't cracking any of his jokes. He wasn"t even talking. Just stone-cold with murder."

"Oh man... You're serious." Pots spilled a bit of his tea on his pants.

"Yea, and soon we will also be killed if we don"t come up with a strategy..."

-Aerogant

-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 9:51:59 AM
Group 02:
POV: Potbelliedgeek

Y'know, It is just an accident that I am a good space pilot. I actually wanted to be a professor. Now I am in space. Fighting my friends and allies, people who have saved my life on numerous occasions that have their personalities inverted. Oh momma, oh momma. How did this happen?

10 minutes previous...

"Any ideas, Darth? You are the only one here who has actually seen this conflict." Pots asked. To be able to make an actual plan, he needed as much information as possible.

"Well, they did have have orange burns. All of 'em had a large square one."

"What about their personality changes? Could you describe them?"

"The only one I could thoroughly describe is Lannan. He seems to have gained sociopathic traits, attacking others and pushing them down so he can go on to his next target."

Well, that means that talking isn't an option. I guess I will have to think of something else.

"The burns are a weak point, so we can target them. And remember all of those challenges we had to do under the influence of nanobots that we inhaled? It sounds a lot like that, so I could blast an EMP at them. No more fighting, with only a small headache." DDD suggested.

"Nice plan. Only one problem, the EMP would affect all the electronics on the ship. We would be sitting ducks in a giant metal can that has no artificial oxygen or gravity in it." Pots pointed out.

"Nah. As long as there are no open doors, the blast will be contained, which means only a small amount will be damaged." Darth refuted.

"Heh. You seem to know everything, don't you Darth? How about you lead us, O wise one?" DDD sarcastically snarled.

"What"s that supposed to mean? Still don't believe my theory on how the explosion that ruined OUR LIVES worked? I have backed it numerous times, with graphs, math, and science. I have figured out how the explosion happened, where it happened and why it happened. So no. I don"t know everything, no, I won"t lead us here, and yes, I forgive you, you are my friend, I want to trust you, but friendship is a two way street. SO stop complaining and start helping!" Darth retorted, calmly.

"Whoah! Guys! Calm down! Stop! We"re supposed to be the ones who were not turned into psychos!" Pots separated the two, as DDD"s face went almost as red as his hair.

They fight more than my cats. Man, I miss my cats.

Pots prepared his crossbow and waited for Darth to open the door and DDD to blast everyone with his EMP gun.

The metal door opened carefully, and the trio walked open, where there was more bloodshed, no deaths at that moment however.

The door closed again, leaving DDD to fire the small gun. He walked in front of the others and fired the EMP.

*BLAM*

With no color, or even a flash, everyone in front of DDD fell over like dominoes in an earthquake. "Wait... That"s it? Kind of... Anticlimactic." DDD laughed.

"Yea. I guess they were nanobots all this time!" Pot also began to laugh. I guess this wasn"t a big deal. Better get this ship moving aga-

Malacoda was the first to get up. He dropped his staff, which was now useless, He cracked his knuckles as everyone else stood up. Their orange bruises looked faded, but were not fully gone.

"Alright everyone. We hate each other, and it"s bad to bottle up our emotions. They think we can still pretend to be friends." Malacoda chanted. "So, how about a temporary truce to get these fools?" He proposed. Everyone seemed to agree.

"Okay... I"m ready to give up my Anarchist ideology now... This is just ridiculous." Darth, who was behind DDD at the EMP, still could use his shield. He turned the shield's function to create a larger shield, creating a purple bubble that went around himself, Pots and DDD.

"So it"s not nanobots?" DDD switched his gun from EMP mode into a regular blaster.

"No. If it was nanobots, then the EMP would have deactivated them." Darth wiped the sweat of his forehead.

"Could it be some kind of Alien virus?" Pots suggested. "It would make sense, since it's not electricity based, it could be organic!" Pots had his crossbow loaded, ready to fire in case he needed it.

"Yeah... That does make sense! I could reconfigure the nanobots I used to help heal Max with for getting rid of this viral infection!" Darth beamed as if a light bulb had lit up in his head.

"How long would it take?" Pot"s questioned.

"Minutes. but only if I have a piece of tissue and access to my lab."

"Consider it done."

Wow, am I a cocky-b@sterd. Oh well, I don't want to live for forever anyways.

-Aerogant

-Heil being retarded

-Airmax
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 10:00:10 AM
Group 03:
POV: DDD

5 minutes later...

It was two.

One philosophy-loving geek and a self -proclaimed leprechaun stood in between their friends who had their mental state affected by an alien virus and are now trying to kill them and a nerd from Canada who is overprotective of his hoodie and is trying to reprogram nanobots that will be inhaled by those inflicted with the disease.

No words can describe how I feel hitting and getting hit by my friends. I don"t want to do this, but what Mal said... Do I simply keep my resentment for these people trapped like an animal in a cage? Am I denying that like how I denied the death of... of... The death of my family?

DDD set his gun to stun, he wouldn"t kill his friends! But they had to be slowed. They couldn"t be stopped and DDD knew it. They were simply too many, too strong and too... motivated.

"Hey, triple-D. It"s been an honor servin" with you." Pot"s exclaimed. He threw his crossbow at Jonbonbon"s head, knocking her out and causing her to fall down on her back, landing on Rev"s foot.

"YOW!" Rev tried to run, but his foot got caught under her weight, twisting it. He dropped the surgical knife he was carrying on Wylted"s knee, who kicked his head as a response.

"Chain reaction. Smart. But we can afford a few los-"

"Shut the hell up, Mal." DDD stunned him with his gun. "As for you, Pots. Thanks for being my friend."

"Don"t mention it, leprechaun." He responded. Without the use of electronic devices, most people couldn't match Pots" strength and DDD"s gun. But after a few minutes of brawling, they began to tire, everyone else however, did not stop. The may have been stunned, hit tackled, kicked, but the just kept coming and coming. They defined the word "relentless" that night.

"*Huff* There's too *huff* many of them!" DDD screamed as PetersSmith broke his nose. "Dammit Darth! What the hell is keeping him?"

Pot"s pushed PetersSmith off him, but he almost collapsed in exhaustion. Lannan and Malacoda toppled on him and punched him hard, while Krieg and 9spaceking smacked DDD like a volleyball.

This is it, isn't it? I -- no, WE are going to die, aren"t we? These past 3 months have been a waste, haven"t they?

Blood splattered on the floor, as DDD got pushed from the behind by Krieg. The pain was overwhelming, he couldn't get up, as he got pushed right back down.

But then... It stopped.

"Oh my doge... What are we doing?" PetersSmith cried.

"Whoa... I... I"m so sorry... I don"t know what happened." Lannan bent over beside the unconscious Pots, tears wiping away the blood on his hands.

It"s over... Now I can go and... Ow! Get some medical help. DDD stood up, holding the wound on his head.

Darth walked out. "It worked! I released the nanobots intro the oxygen! I c- Oh..."

DDD walked up to him. "Darth... I"m sorry... I"m sorry about what I did all those months ago."

"No need to apologize for the past, leprechaun." Darth patted his friend on the back.

"16, 17... There is one more person unaccounted for." That1User counted.

"No, there"s not." Endark stepped out of his room, still pale, but clearly better. He walked up to Esocial and hugged her tightly. "I"m so sorry... I"ve been in a state of denial about something."

"Endark, if it"s Ajab"s de-"

"No, it"s not. It"s something he told me. Home... Earth... Never was destroyed... I... I didn't know how to deal with it, it's just consumed me. I'm sorry. To all of you." He sobbed.

"Sorry? SORRY? We could have been home, avoiding all of this fighting, this death, THIS WAR! And you"re sorry? Shame on you EndarkenedRationalist. I can"t believe I ever followed your orders!" Malacoda yelled.

"I guess he didn't inhale any nano-" Pot"s shrugged painfully.

"No, I did. I feel much better and a lot more rational. I mean, seriously? Trying to kill someone for trying be my friend? Sounds like a bad story from someone who is having writer"s block. But honestly? I meant all of it, just to a lesser degree, I feel locked up with my emotions, so they just erupted. However, I"m done being a defender with a leader who is too scared to share that these moments have been pointless. " Malacoda spat, walking away into his room.

Endark looked at floor, seemingly both humbled and embarrassed.

"Hey... It"s okay. I had a similar problem with Darth... Sadness and anger just takes control, keeps you alone, until your body can"t take it, and so the emotions rise." DDD tried to comfort comfort him, but Endark brushed him off.

Well, I"m glad that"s all out of our systems.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Aerogant

-Heil being retarded

-Airmax
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 10:03:30 AM
*BONUS*

POV: Imabench

It was a living utopia. The sky was blue. The grass green and the lake clear. Children played by the shore, while adults sat under large umbrellas reading and writing. But behind the lake was a magnificent city. This city was ginormous, and entirely one structure that spanned a large distance. Flying cars went around it in circles, and planes took off from the airport. While imabench and yama could not see much from inside the landed ship, they were able to hear music, and cheering and other sounds of happiness.

"This... This is DDO city?" Imabench questioned. A city that was meant for DDOians -- let alone run by RM should be awful, but it wasn't. It was perfect, and Imabench hated it for being perfect.

"Yes. M'lord cares about all that will obey. There is a reason we haven't killed you two, and that is because you"re the only ones that are willing to go far, much further than the others. Can you believe their non-killing policy? It"s bull!" Jack ranted, while allowing the two outside.

"Anyways, my point is that if you choose, you could have anything you ever wanted, hell, that may have already happened!

"So... Infinite Doctor pepper, concubines of any gender, another prosthetic hand and a castle?" Yama asked, now interested.

"Consider it done." Jack smiled.

"Death to the religion forum and a pencil?" Imabench also asked.

"You can be the executioner of any member on that hellhole you want, but before that, our ruler has requested to meet you for dinner later, you will have 6 hours to explore the city before that."

Tempting... Very tempting, but do I give in to my greed...?

=============================================

Well, before I thank you for reading, I do believe that I owe you all an explanation for why this took so damn long. A few weeks ago, my grandmother broke her back, so my parents had to be with her at the hospital, it also cause a great deal of stress, which affected my school performance, which also meant that I had spend more of my DDO time studying and doing homework. She"s fine now, moved in with me and the family but I've also been sick, getting writers block, and a little sad, I am very sorry for my absence.

Thanks DDO, I know you don"t really care, but I love writing these so much.

DarthKirones
-Aerogant

-Heil being retarded

-Airmax
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 1:57:20 PM
At 3/22/2015 10:00:10 AM, DarthKirones wrote:
"*Hufflepuff* There's too *Hufflepuff* many of them!" DDD screamed as PetersSmith broke his nose.

"Sounds like a bad story from someone who is having writer"s block."
Woo, self-deprecation ftw.
Senpai has noticed you.
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 6:34:13 PM
At 3/22/2015 5:59:50 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Yay! It returned!

Yay indeed.
-Aerogant

-Heil being retarded

-Airmax
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 12:58:01 AM
I felt your prose improved significantly in this episode. I could actually imagine the scenes better than I did in your first episode.

Example:
"Darth grabbed a spare gauntlet that he had designed. The gauntlet had a similar feature to that of Pot's energy shield, where it could great a large energy sphere that blocks virtually any kind of attack, it could also become a smaller, discus shape that can be used for offensive purposes."

I found this description really cool and high tech. It helped create the atmosphere of sci fi in this entire episode. I find myself wanting more word building aspects such as this. I'm interested to know more about this world. I liked the nanobots idea as well.

I almost forgot what my voice sounded like. It's been so long. I only talk during the weekly Defenders meetings, and to my hoodie, but... I need a break... Maybe I should see if there is any coffee left?

Your inner monologues also helped with the immersion factor. I could easily follow along with this POV.

I also liked the hilarious bit at the end with Imabench and Yama confirming their wishes.

One thing I felt could have been improved is descriptions. I would like to know more about the place they are in, where the character are at. I would have liked to imagine the scenes more fully and with more detail.

Other than that, great episode! I'm looking forward to the world building and the character relationships in the next episodes to come.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 8:51:56 AM
At 3/25/2015 12:58:01 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
I felt your prose improved significantly in this episode. I could actually imagine the scenes better than I did in your first episode.

Example:
"Darth grabbed a spare gauntlet that he had designed. The gauntlet had a similar feature to that of Pot's energy shield, where it could great a large energy sphere that blocks virtually any kind of attack, it could also become a smaller, discus shape that can be used for offensive purposes."

I found this description really cool and high tech. It helped create the atmosphere of sci fi in this entire episode. I find myself wanting more word building aspects such as this. I'm interested to know more about this world. I liked the nanobots idea as well.

Your inner monologues also helped with the immersion factor. I could easily follow along with this POV.

I also liked the hilarious bit at the end with Imabench and Yama confirming their wishes.

One thing I felt could have been improved is descriptions. I would like to know more about the place they are in, where the character are at. I would have liked to imagine the scenes more fully and with more detail.

Other than that, great episode! I'm looking forward to the world building and the character relationships in the next episodes to come.

Thanks for the response!
-Aerogant

-Heil being retarded

-Airmax