Jump to topic:

Comic Book Recommendation Thread

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 1:25:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So, since I was last on DDO, I've developed a very, very close relationship with comic books and everything about them, and I want to know what comics you all read/think I should read, and I'll do the same!

So right now, what I'm reading (and what you SHOULD be reading) includes, in no particular order:

Marvel
-Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier
-Ant-Man
-Howard the Duck (seriously guys, it's awesome, no lie)
-Hulk
-All-New Hawkeye
-Guardians of the Galaxy (kind of, still way back in the single-digit issues, but trying to catch up)
-Groot (probably, maybe)

DC
-Batgirl
-Gotham Academy

IDW
-D4VE

Vertigo
-Suiciders (maybe, I dunno, the first issue didn't really leap out at me but I might give #2 a shot)
But if the chance remains
to see those better days,
I'd cut the cannons down.

- Vampire Weekend "Giving Up the Gun"
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 1:37:31 PM
I've heard good things about Hawkeye, and seen and heard bad things about much of the New 52, especially Superman (unfortunately). The new Spider-Man arc about the all of the multiverse Spider-Men seems worth a read.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 1:42:43 PM
At 3/22/2015 1:37:31 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I've heard good things about Hawkeye, and seen and heard bad things about much of the New 52, especially Superman (unfortunately). The new Spider-Man arc about the all of the multiverse Spider-Men seems worth a read.

Yeah, New 52 is a bit iffy in some places (although I do still love Batgirl, and the new series GA is super amazing too).

As for that new arc, I generally stay well away from the Spiderverse. I'm not a huge fan. However, if THAT'S going well, and because it's going to fit into Marvel's Secret Wars initiative, then maybe, MAYBE Secret Wars won't be a mess--even though all the Hulks are going to fight, and it's going to be just, just awful.
But if the chance remains
to see those better days,
I'd cut the cannons down.

- Vampire Weekend "Giving Up the Gun"
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:55:47 PM
I would recommend Avengers and New Avengers, Spider-Verse is over, btw, so I would also recommended the Amazing Spider-Man.
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax