Jump to topic:

Comic Book Recommendation Thread

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 1:25:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So, since I was last on DDO, I've developed a very, very close relationship with comic books and everything about them, and I want to know what comics you all read/think I should read, and I'll do the same!

So right now, what I'm reading (and what you SHOULD be reading) includes, in no particular order:

Marvel
-Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier
-Ant-Man
-Howard the Duck (seriously guys, it's awesome, no lie)
-Hulk
-All-New Hawkeye
-Guardians of the Galaxy (kind of, still way back in the single-digit issues, but trying to catch up)
-Groot (probably, maybe)

DC
-Batgirl
-Gotham Academy

IDW
-D4VE

Vertigo
-Suiciders (maybe, I dunno, the first issue didn't really leap out at me but I might give #2 a shot)
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 1:37:31 PM
I've heard good things about Hawkeye, and seen and heard bad things about much of the New 52, especially Superman (unfortunately). The new Spider-Man arc about the all of the multiverse Spider-Men seems worth a read.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 1:42:43 PM
At 3/22/2015 1:37:31 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I've heard good things about Hawkeye, and seen and heard bad things about much of the New 52, especially Superman (unfortunately). The new Spider-Man arc about the all of the multiverse Spider-Men seems worth a read.

Yeah, New 52 is a bit iffy in some places (although I do still love Batgirl, and the new series GA is super amazing too).

As for that new arc, I generally stay well away from the Spiderverse. I'm not a huge fan. However, if THAT'S going well, and because it's going to fit into Marvel's Secret Wars initiative, then maybe, MAYBE Secret Wars won't be a mess--even though all the Hulks are going to fight, and it's going to be just, just awful.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:55:47 PM
I would recommend Avengers and New Avengers, Spider-Verse is over, btw, so I would also recommended the Amazing Spider-Man.
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax