Jump to topic:

Bj"rk

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 11:07:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So, if you haven't listened to Bj"rk's music, you really, really should. She's one of the most unique music artists in the industry at the time--with a signature artistic craft that has earned her so much acclaim, including her own exhibit at the MoMA (which, if you're in New York anytime from now 'til June, you HAVE to check out). Although she's often described as a pop or avant-garde singer, there really isn't a genre that I can think of to adequately describe her.

I'd recommend checking out my (current) favorite song by her, "Black Lake," from her current album that was released in January, Vulnicura:

Her Wikipedia page is also good for info: http://en.wikipedia.org...

So whaddaya think of Bjork then? Have you heard her in the past? Like? Dislike? Eh? LET'S TALK BJORK <3
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 11:48:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2015 11:07:02 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
So, if you haven't listened to Bj"rk's music, you really, really should. She's one of the most unique music artists in the industry at the time--with a signature artistic craft that has earned her so much acclaim, including her own exhibit at the MoMA (which, if you're in New York anytime from now 'til June, you HAVE to check out). Although she's often described as a pop or avant-garde singer, there really isn't a genre that I can think of to adequately describe her.

I'd recommend checking out my (current) favorite song by her, "Black Lake," from her current album that was released in January, Vulnicura:

Her Wikipedia page is also good for info: http://en.wikipedia.org...

So whaddaya think of Bjork then? Have you heard her in the past? Like? Dislike? Eh? LET'S TALK BJORK <3

She's alright, though sometimes a bit much for me. I tend to take her in small doses.

I find her lyrics interesting. I was originally introduced to her via Dawn French's parody, lol.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -