Jump to topic:

My Breakfast Club sequel idea

TheINFJNala
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 9:53:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't believe that they completely ignored each other afterwards-otherwise why would they call themselves a club? I believe they most likely met each other in secret in order to still maintain their reputations.

I'm just going to write a summary of what I think could of happened after The Breakfast Club.

So they go on for months barely seeing each other, but end up deciding to only meet in each other in secret on Saturday nights to form their own club (breakfast club, duh), where they can talk about their shitty lives together. While no one has found out, their friends are getting very suspicious, as they have started acting weird. Not only that, but graduation is nearing, and the day will decide the club's fate.

Brian is being pressured by his parents to apply to the Ivy Leagues, even though he doesn't want to go to any of them. The vice principal decides to confront Brian about the gun in his locker, but he lies saying the jocks must have left it in there as their way of telling him to kill himself. She doesn't believe him, but doesn't say anything.

Andrew's friends bully Allison, and he fights back the urge to stand up for her in order to conceal their relationship. One day, the jocks end up throwing her against the lockers, causing her to fall unconscious with a cut in her head. Andrew notifies Vernon, who calls 911. Allison is taken to the hospital and turns out fine. Andrew comes by with a love letter attached to a single rose, which he leaves before Allison wakes up.The next day, Andrew's friends have shunned him.

Claire has an older sister, Leslie, who is a career counselor. She had convinced their parents to let her stay at her house for the last few months of school. Claire comes home late one night and makes an excuse that her friends shopped longer than planned. Leslie finds a note from the club fallen from her backpack and confronts her. Claire confesses and explains everything. Leslie is happy that she has found friends to connect with, but strongly disapproves of Bender and tells her to leave him out of it. Luckily, Claire doesn't tell her that they are secretly dating. Another Satuday night, Claire comes home with a hickey from Bender. Leslie notices and gets very angry. She forces Claire to reveal their relationship but begs her not to hurt him. Leslie goes out the next night and starts beating Bender. She accuses him of sleeping with her or possibly even raping her, knowing of his previous sexual harassment. Bender claims that they never went any farther than kissing, that she's still a virgin. While Leslie is relieved, she still considers him completely unworthy of Claire, calling him a "gigantic douchebag." Bender defends himself by saying he doesn't care if she hates him, because she doesn't know him. Leslie replies that while she is sorry for his abuse at home, it doesn't give him an excuse to cause trouble and bully anyone else. Bender asks if he has to stay away from Claire, which Leslie replies, "I don't know. If your criminal record gets worse, you may not see anyone anymore. You'll be in prison." She walks off into the night.

It's "College and Career Week," and Leslie is one of the career counselors. The club's worries of separating after school increases. Claire's girlfriends continue to pressure her to have sex, calling her a prude otherwise. Leslie overhears and orders them to leave her alone. Claire notices bruises on Leslie's knuckles, realizing that she had gone against her wishes and physically abused Bender.

Brian gets the courage to stand up to his parents, saying that he does not want to go to any Ivy League. This causes a huge argument, causing Brian to storm out of the house. Bender gets in a serious brawl with his father; he can't take it anymore and moves out to run away. He leaves a note to the Breakfast Club saying good-bye, and heads towards the nearest train station. Leslie, realizing she may have judged Bender too harshly, tracks him down and convinces him to stay if she finds counseling for the five. Graduation day comes. The five decide that it doesn't matter if they never see each other again, because they'll always remember each other. They share a heartfelt moment before they go to the graduation dance.

So what do you think? Do you think this could have happened? I tried to be realistic with a bittersweet ending.

What should have happened in the story that didn't? Example: should Brian have found out if he got into any of the Ivy Leagues? Should Claire's parents have gotten involved with her and Bender? Should we have heard more about Allison? Should Andrew become a professional athlete?

This is also a question I would love to ask: What would you do if you were Leslie? Would you tell Claire to stay away from Bender, or would you just let them be?

If you don't like this, that's fine. Just please no rude comments. :)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 12:01:56 PM
They are too old for that story to work. They should just meet up in a coed prison in the future and reluctantly work together to break out of prison.
TheINFJNala
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 1:32:19 PM
At 3/31/2015 12:01:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
They are too old for that story to work. They should just meet up in a coed prison in the future and reluctantly work together to break out of prison.

I never said that I wanted it to be a movie. I was simply saying what COULD have happened afterwards. God no, of course they're too old.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 1:33:52 PM
At 3/31/2015 1:32:43 PM, TheINFJNala wrote:
At 3/31/2015 12:03:22 PM, Wylted wrote:
Also Brian was obviously in the closet

Are you saying he's gay?

Yes
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 1:35:01 PM
Nobody acts that macho, unless they are trying really hard to hide their feminine side, and I think somewhere in the movie he mentions a hazing event involving another person's buttox