EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 11:46:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The City of Awindar
Present Day

When TN05 entered the cell, this time, Mikal was awake. He would have loved nothing more than to charge TN05, overpower him, and escape, but with one hand chained to the wall, that wouldn't be possible.

"You're lookin' well, Mr. President." TN05 gave a hoarse laugh as he freed Mikal's hand only to slap on a pair of handcuffs. "Come, come now. Bladerunner's ready to see you."

Once again, Mikal found himself driven down the windowless hallways until they reached the same, glass-domed room, where the sand battered against the panes like sharks seeking a way inside.

Bladerunner was there, along with two other Practitioners. Envisage was the one Mikal recognized. The other sat in a wheelchair. His face was darker than the other two, and the rest of his body lay concealed behind the Practitioner's robes.

TN05 shoved Mikal, roughly forcing him to his knees.

"I do declare, you'd best stay where you are," he hissed in Mikal's ear. Mikal felt rather than saw TN05 retreat behind him, doubtlessly waiting to strike if Mikal tried anything.

Discounting the Practitioners, TN05, and himself, there were two others in the room as well. From what Mikal understood, they were mercenaries. The taller and more built of the two was tossing a knife in the air, catching it with a deft flick of the wrist. Yama, Mikal believed their name was. The other was younger, and had a fresh-faced look about him. Adam, that was his name. Mikal narrowed his eyes. It might be possible to use him. Mikal had never had trouble using anyone. It was how he'd become President of the Kingdom of DDO in the first place.

"It's good to see you again, Mikal." Bladerunner swept his arms outward as he approached. "Please forgive me for neglecting my duties as host."

"Give me a guest room, a fresh bed, hot meals, and we can call it even," Mikal replied. "Or, better yet, release me."

Bladerunner chuckled. "I'm glad to see you've retained your sense of humor."

Mikal abandoned the icebreaker. "What do you want from me?"

"From you?" Bladerunner clucked softly. "Nothing. From your Kingdom? Everything. Did you know they've launched a rescue party to come save you?"

Mikal's eyes lit up. Good old Airmax. "Then I imagine I won't be here much longer."

"You imagine correctly," Bladerunner smiled. "Airmax is among the rescue party. Once we capture him, we will no longer have any use for you."

"Wait...." Mikal tested the handcuffs. No use. He couldn't get them off. "You still benefit more by keeping me alive."

Bladerunner knelt to stare Mikal in the face. He reached out and grabbed Mikal's chin with one hand. "Oh, I know," he crooned. "But you see, I don't care." He threw Mikal away from him. Mikal cried out as his back struck the ground. His arm buckled beneath him.

"Yama," Bladerunner stood. "Mikal is yours to do with as you will."

The knife came to rest in Yama's hand. Yama stepped forward, inclining his head. "It will be as you wish." Yama grabbed Mikal by the hair and began dragging him from the room. They were far stronger than they appeared. Mikal kicked out, trying desperately to find something, anything, to break free, but all his efforts were in vain.

His cries were cut off as the doors closed, and silence returned to the chamber.

Envisage stepped forward. "Bladerunner, are you certain that this is wise? We don't have Airmax yet. If we lose Mikal now - or, rather, if Airmax eludes capture...."

"See that he doesn't." Bladerunner turned toward the other Practitioner, the one in the wheelchair. "Now, I believe we were discussing the Forecaster, Inventor."

The man in the wheelchair lifted his head. "Yes, I believe we were."

Bladeruuner nodded. "Then let's resume, Ajab."

The Kingdom of DDO

Seventh slowly raised the knife above her head.

Romanii's still form lay before her. All she had to do was lower her arm. Hard. Fast. How easy it would be. A single, simple movement, and a life would end. The most basic truth of the universe stared her in the face.

Romanii deserved it. He'd played her. Used her. So why was her hand trembling? Why was it so hard to just - to just...?

The quietest whimper escaped Seventh's lips.

Romanii's eyes opened. He looked directly up at her. His face was empty. Blank. Not the faintest hint of recognition or fear.

Seventh tightened her grip. Yes. He deserved this.

"I must have done something awful to you," Romanii said. His voice flowed over her like warm water. "For you to kill me in a hospital." He blinked slowly. "I'm sorry, but I have no memories. The doctor, NiamC, said it was due to..." he frowned. "Head trauma or something."

"You've forgotten me? Just like that?" Seventh's voice was barely a whisper.

Romanii looked down. "I've forgotten everything. Including myself."

Seventh lowered the knife to her side. Romanii had amnesia? Could it be? Then...maybe she didn't have to kill him. Maybe they could start over. She could help him heal, and he...he could....

He could love her.

"Romanii," Seventh whispered, flinging her arms around him. "Oh, Romanii!"

"Uh," Romanii managed. "That's...a change." Seventh's eyes burned as water formed around the edges, trickling tenderly down her cheeks, light as a finger's touch.

"Romanii," Seventh said again, "you're going to be okay. I'm going to help you remember, and everything will be okay." She held him tightly. "I promise."

"Oh, dear," another voice said. Seventh whirled around. There, standing in the corner of the room, partially cloaked in shadow, was Linkish.

"What are you doing here?" Seventh demanded.

"Our boss thought you might be having second thoughts." Linkish shrugged. "So he had me follow you. And it looks like he was right."

"No, I..." Seventh trailed off. She positioned herself between Romanii and Linkish. "I won't let you hurt him."

"You've already understood the truth of this world," Linkish said. "There's no turning back now. You don't want to slide back into blindness."

Seventh stood her ground.

Linkish gave a long, slow sigh. "Oh, well." He stepped forward. And then, in the blink of an eye, he was right before her. Seventh started to move, but she was too slow. Linkish tossed her against the wall. She cried out as pain raced through her back.

Linkish stood over the bed. He looked down at Seventh, who was struggling to her feet. Then, with a swift movement, he plunged his dagger into Romanii's chest.

"NO!" Seventh shrieked. She lunged for Linkish, but a shadow enveloped him in darkness, which dissipated into a fine mist. There was no trace of Linkish.

"Romanii!" Seventh rushed to his side. "ROMANII!"

There was an unnatural gurgling sound issuing from him, a bit like someone was trying to gargle with their throat sewn shut. Seventh clasped his hand in both of hers. Water wasn't trickling down her cheeks anymore; it was gushing, a frenzied river that could drown them both.

"ROMANII!"

His eyes found hers. His free hand reached for face. She leaned in to make it easier for him. "Romanii...please."

Something swirled in his eyes. The glow of some memory, perhaps. The faintest dash of an emotion. Or perhaps it was just the light returning to the room in the absence of Linkish's darkness.

Then his arm fell limply to his side.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 11:47:11 AM
The City of Awindar

"So the reason you snuck into our campaign headquarters is because you wanted to join us?" DK leaned forward. "That's a bit hard to believe."

"It's the truth!" 1harder would have risen from the sofa to demonstrate his resolve, but Angel was standing right behind him, and 1harder didn't particularly want a knife in his spine.

"You know what I do to liars?" Angel laid a hand on 1harder's shoulder. "I don't like them very much, you know. My dad lied to my mom about his commitment to her. If I stuck a knife in his balls, what makes you think I wouldn't do the same to you?"

"I'm not lying! I swear!" 1harder's face had turned an ugly shade of white, like every ounce of his life was fleeing as far as possible from Angel.

"I believe him," History rumbled. DK glanced over at him. The man was standing with his back against the wall, looking completely disinterested in the events unfolding before him.

"I want to help," 1harder said. "I was with the Practitioners for awhile, but they...well. I'm not so good at fighting, or strategizing, but I'm sure there are other ways I can help you. I won't be a burden. I won't." 1harder curled his hands into fists. "I just want them gone."

Angel slid the knife into a sheathe on her hip. DK noted that it was not the same place she had pulled the knife from.

"Well, 1harder," DK said, allowing himself another sip of coffee, "why don't you start by telling us a bit about yourself?"

The Cyper Sea

There was no land anymore.

Perhaps the land had never been there to begin with. Perhaps the concept itself was an illusion, a false memory, a magical mass.

bsh1 hugged YYW. As long as YYW was there with him, it didn't matter if there was land or water or nothingness. bsh1 needed nothing but his love.

NiamC stood near the railing. He'd managed to get a better grip on his stomach, but he often stayed near the edge just in case. Airmax had offered to use magic to remove the motion sickness, but NiamC declined.

As for Royal - bsh1 glanced around. Where was she? He hadn't seen much of her the past few hours, which was strange, since they were all on a boat together.

"Have you seen Royal?" He asked YYW.

YYW nuzzled him. "Why would I see her when I can see you?"

bsh1 closed his eyes. He loved YYW. With all his heart. But there were moments when he wondered if their love was selfish. He knew YYW well enough to know the thought would have never crossed his mind, but as for himself...no. He was being silly.

The moon loomed overhead, swollen, casting a tolerable sheen over the surface of the sea. The dark waves lapped at its reflection like it was a bowl of milk. Overhead shined millions upon millions of stars, each prettier than the last.

"Have you ever been this far from the Kingdom?" bsh1 asked Airmax.

Airmax looked over at them. "A few times. Never by boat."

"With magic?"

Airmax leaned on the railing and stared out into the sea. "Something like that. Oryus and I hiked through the Pollust once. It's pretty big, you know, but we were young and invincible. We succeeded, too. There were some mountains on the other side." Airmax shook his head. "The locals said there was a strange castle located in the mountains, but Oryus and I never found it." He chucked sadly. "I guess there were some things even we couldn't do."

"Airmax...." bsh1 hesitated. What were the right words to say in this situation? Sorry? It was too trite.

bsh1 looked up, wondering if the stars could provide him with the right words. But they were gone. bsh1 blinked. Gone? That couldn't be. They'd been right there.

The moon was gone too. A continent of clouds hung overhead, obstructing all light from the heavens. It was almost as if someone had draped a blindfold across his eyes, so dark was the world. bsh1 could discern YYW, standing next to him, but he couldn't even see Airmax.

"What's going on?" He heard NiamC cry out. "Is it a storm?"

A peal of laughter echoed through the night. bsh1 felt YYW stiffen beside him. The pair turned, searching the darkness frantically.

The laughter continued. It was coming from somewhere on the ship.

Suddenly there was a flare of light, and Airmax became visible. A fireball hovered in his hand, casting a dim glare over the rest of the ship.

"I have you." Royal's voice slunk through the shadows. "I have you right where I want you."

"Royal?" YYW's voice, powerful and commanding, rang through the night. "What is this? What are you doing?"

"No need to worry," Royal hissed back. "I'm simply going to show all of you the true nature of this world."
ItsSeventhYall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:02:45 PM
At 4/1/2015 11:46:50 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

The knife came to rest in Yama's hand. Yama stepped forward, inclining his head. "It will be as you wish." Yama grabbed Mikal by the hair and began dragging him from the room. They were far stronger than they appeared. Mikal kicked out, trying desperately to find something, anything, to break free, but all his efforts were in vain.

His cries were cut off as the doors closed, and silence returned to the chamber.

Was this written before or after the mafia game?

Linkish stood over the bed. He looked down at Seventh, who was struggling to her feet. Then, with a swift movement, he plunged his dagger into Romanii's chest.

"NO!" Seventh shrieked. She lunged for Linkish, but a shadow enveloped him in darkness, which dissipated into a fine mist. There was no trace of Linkish.

There was an unnatural gurgling sound issuing from him, a bit like someone was trying to gargle with their throat sewn shut. Seventh clasped his hand in both of hers. Water wasn't trickling down her cheeks anymore; it was gushing, a frenzied river that could drown them both.

"ROMANII!"

His eyes found hers. His free hand reached for face. She leaned in to make it easier for him. "Romanii...please."

Something swirled in his eyes. The glow of some memory, perhaps. The faintest dash of an emotion. Or perhaps it was just the light returning to the room in the absence of Linkish's darkness.

At last
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:07:43 PM
At 4/1/2015 12:02:45 PM, ItsSeventhYall wrote:

Before, actually.

"ROMANII!"

At last

You're happy about this?
ItsSeventhYall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 12:09:19 PM
At 4/1/2015 12:07:43 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Before, actually.

"ROMANII!"

At last

You're happy about this?

It was gonna happen some time, and now 7th can move on to a bigger plot (fighting the endarkening while being endarkened?) that's still connected to/caused by Romanii's death.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 10:25:07 PM
At 4/1/2015 12:09:19 PM, ItsSeventhYall wrote:
At 4/1/2015 12:07:43 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Before, actually.

"ROMANII!"

At last

You're happy about this?

It was gonna happen some time, and now 7th can move on to a bigger plot (fighting the endarkening while being endarkened?) that's still connected to/caused by Romanii's death.

Well, look at you.
Don't worry. I have big plans for 7th.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:11:20 AM
At 4/2/2015 10:07:10 AM, RevNge wrote:
*Ctrl-F Rev*

-_____________________________________-

*determines thread tl;dr*

Lol, mate, you took up half of the last episode.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:16:44 AM
At 4/2/2015 10:11:20 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
*Ctrl-F Rev*

Meh, knowing that Mikal would get tortured by Yama made up for it, though. It was strangely arousing.

And bruh, you killed Romanii? Really? I mean, I'm not complaining, but that scene seemed extremely anti-climactic. If you were going to kill him like that without any development, why even spare him m8? Probably to spite (or troll) us, but still... >.>

Or he survives somehow. I'll bash ye fooking head in if you do something like that. .-.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:18:12 AM
At 4/2/2015 10:16:44 AM, RevNge wrote:
*Ctrl-F Rev*

Meh, knowing that Mikal would get tortured by Yama made up for it, though. It was strangely arousing.

O hai Wylted

And bruh, you killed Romanii? Really? I mean, I'm not complaining, but that scene seemed extremely anti-climactic. If you were going to kill him like that without any development, why even spare him m8? Probably to spite (or troll) us, but still... >.>

That's part of the point. Death isn't always a major affair with lots of buildup. Sometimes it just happens. BAM! Dead.

Or he survives somehow. I'll bash ye fooking head in if you do something like that. .-.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:21:42 AM
At 4/2/2015 10:18:12 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
*Ctrl-F Rev*

O hai Wylted

Hey bby <3

That's part of the point. Death isn't always a major affair with lots of buildup. Sometimes it just happens. BAM! Dead.

Yeah, but he's basically an unnecessary character then, since he really didn't play a role in the story. And Linkish the Romanii h8r (well, we're all Romanii h8rs, but still) just pops out of nowhere and freaking xX360n0$c0p3Xx one-shots Romanii.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:28:02 AM
At 4/2/2015 10:21:42 AM, RevNge wrote:
*Ctrl-F Rev*

O hai Wylted

Hey bby <3

Yeah, but he's basically an unnecessary character then, since he really didn't play a role in the story. And Linkish the Romanii h8r (well, we're all Romanii h8rs, but still) just pops out of nowhere and freaking xX360n0$c0p3Xx one-shots Romanii.

Romanii had a role in Season 1. Besides, he's gone, and doesn't read these anymore.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:31:51 AM
At 4/2/2015 10:28:02 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
*Ctrl-F Rev*

O hai Wylted

Hey bby <3

Romanii had a role in Season 1. Besides, he's gone, and doesn't read these anymore.

Yeah, so you should have just fooking killed him earlier when he was important m8. Either that, or just make him disappear or give him a fate that would be more interesting and less of a dud. Romanii's amnesia could have been an interesting storyline, but instead, you just had to go "waaaaugh he doesn't read OUAD so I'ma kill him off for teh lulz". D:<

Meh, the douchebag had it coming to him anyway, but still.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:32:55 AM
At 4/2/2015 10:31:51 AM, RevNge wrote:
*Ctrl-F Rev*

O hai Wylted

Hey bby <3

Yeah, so you should have just fooking killed him earlier when he was important m8. Either that, or just make him disappear or give him a fate that would be more interesting and less of a dud. Romanii's amnesia could have been an interesting storyline, but instead, you just had to go "waaaaugh he doesn't read OUAD so I'ma kill him off for teh lulz". D:<

That's what happens when you mess with the author. :-)
*ahem, Rev*

Besides, little-known-fact - I despise amnesia storylines.

*and then Romanii was immortal*
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:33:39 AM
At 4/2/2015 10:32:11 AM, RevNge wrote:
And I said "yeah" twice in a row when I began my sentences, dammit.

Having said I despise amnesia storylines, if you put one in Warped now, I will come after you with so much soap that you'll never need to shower again.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:45:17 AM
At 4/2/2015 10:33:39 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Having said I despise amnesia storylines, if you put one in Warped now, I will come after you with so much soap that you'll never need to shower again.

There already is one. LOL

But it's not exactly cliche. Lots of background information is hidden at the moment. :P
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:51:26 AM
At 4/2/2015 10:33:39 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Which reminds me...how did the soap thing start to begin with, anyway? XD
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 11:52:18 AM
At 4/2/2015 10:32:55 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:31:51 AM, RevNge wrote:
*Ctrl-F Rev*

O hai Wylted

Hey bby <3

That's what happens when you mess with the author. :-)
*ahem, Rev*

.-.
Besides, little-known-fact - I despise amnesia storylines.

That's not good for Warped. ;D

*and then Romanii was immortal*

*smites Romanii*
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 1:54:37 PM

I just realized, this is the second episode in a row you killed Romanii
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 2:19:11 PM
At 4/2/2015 1:54:37 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

LOL
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 3:03:22 PM

xD
True, true. I've just been killing people left and right lately.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 4:25:33 PM
At 4/2/2015 3:03:22 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

xD

Am I next in line? ;_;
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:15:39 PM
At 4/2/2015 4:25:33 PM, RevNge wrote:

xD

Am I next in line? ;_;

Death can strike anywhere, at any time.
But rest assured in this - no, you're not next in line. You may or may not even be in line.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:35:36 PM
At 4/2/2015 10:15:39 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

xD

Am I next in line? ;_;

But rest assured in this - no, you're not next in line. You may or may not even be in line.

Dafuq m8

If I'm still alive present day, what the hell am I doing?
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:36:40 PM
At 4/2/2015 10:35:36 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:15:39 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

xD

Am I next in line? ;_;

Dafuq m8

If I'm still alive present day, what the hell am I doing?

*fapfapfap*
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:39:08 PM
At 4/2/2015 10:36:40 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Romanii's dead.

I feel a little remorse for wanting him dead...

All the same...

*jumps and kisses you fervently*

Thank you bae ^_^

(... Not my best idea to catch up with the most recent episode...)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:40:21 PM
Y U no have previous episode links in this thread, like you did in S1?! :O :(
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:41:45 PM
At 4/2/2015 10:39:08 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Romanii's dead.

All the same...

Thank you bae ^_^

Wow. Everyone really rejoices in Romanii's demise.

Well, you have missed a lot. :-)
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 10:43:31 PM
At 4/2/2015 10:41:45 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/2/2015 10:39:08 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Romanii's dead.

All the same...

Thank you bae ^_^

Wow. Everyone really rejoices in Romanii's demise.

I wonder if he still reads it...

Well, you have missed a lot. :-)

Link me to the previous episodes?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY