DDO Heroes - Episode 4: Action an Consequence

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 1:27:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Episode 3: http://www.debate.org...

Endark sat down in his spinny chair in his office. Esocial walked in after him. She hadn't said a word the whole way back. Endark had tried to talk about the whole event, but she didn't respond to him. She stopped talking after the police left actually.

"Esocial, why aren't you talking to me?" Endark asked her.

"Maybe it's you trying to get yourself killed. Or that you stopped listening to me as soon as you and Darth went after Rev."

"Oh, Rev was his name." Endark knew that wasn't a very good response, but he didn't know what to say to her. He felt like this was his destiny. Like fate had brought him to this point. When Rev shot the fire at him, Endark held up his hand and the air suddenly felt like the temperature of the air around him was about as perfect as he'd ever felt it. Endark couldn't help but think that he was special like Rev.

"Yeah, Rev was his name. I remember things as opposed to you. Like, first of all, that what you did may as well be illegal. Second of all, you have people that care about whether or not you're alive."

Endark ran a hand through his hair and stared at his glass cup of water. Then he got an idea. "Esocial, I have to show you why I believe this is my destiny."

"Endark, you're not destined for anything except for what you choose," Esocial cut him off sharply. "Destiny is just an idea, not a universal force."

As a response, Endark held his hand out to the cup. He wasn't sure what people like him usually did to trigger their powers, because his came about earlier just as a survival instinct of some sort. There was only one thing he knew that could possibly be an option, which was focus on the cup and will it into a hotter state. His arm shook a little as he made an attempt to focus on the cup. Then a few seconds later, the water started to boil, and steam rose from the cup.

"Stop that," Esocial said, sounding extremely frightened. "Stop doing that, Endark; you're scaring me."

"It's okay, I have control."

"No, it's not okay! You're letting this thing control your emotions and your mind. I said stop it!"

Endark was a little startled by her outburst, and he quickly listened to her and tried to cool down the cup. He pictured the water as having ice in it and water droplets surrounding the cup. However, when he focused his eyes on the cup, he immediately saw large cracks forming around the surface, then it shattered into a watery mess all over his desk.

Esocial was starting to lose color. Endark brushed glass off of his pants and smiled at Esocial. So he was able to control temperature or something like that. That's why he had to fight Rev, because he was the only one that had a power to counter the ability to generate fire. However, instead of looking impressed, Esocial walked toward the door, still looking terrified.

"No, Esocial, wait!" Endark called after her, extending his hand in a silent plea.

She didn't respond. She just walked out the door and closed it. And Endark was left alone. He didn't know what to do, but he knew that in stories like the one he was living, the hero usually got the girl. Maybe when he defeated Rev, she would see that he just wanted to do some good in the world.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blade sat in Voice's office. They'd both been talking about superhuman abilities and the research that people had already done. Blade was experimenting with his abilities by reading Voice's mind as he read. He found out that when his adrenaline wasn't rushing, it was a lot harder to pick out sentences or thoughts in the brain. He heard a lot of the white noise that goes on (like thoughts that interrupted or happened at the same time as other thoughts), but he was usually able to understand it. He'd never understood how complex the human brain was until now.

Then Blade started hearing a ton of thoughts. None of them were Voices, and all of them were jumbled together. "Oh god, he's still coming for me." "What if they don't believe me?" "I killed someone." "I don't understand how this happened." "I killed him." "I can't control it." "Is this real?" "I don't know how to control it." "I killed an innocent man." "I have to find a way to tell Voice so that he understands."

Blade put his hands to his ears and fell out of his seat. This was too much. He couldn't handle it. All of that emotion and all of those thoughts put together in a mess that carried the reverb greater than when people sang the national anthem at football games. Then a young man burst into the room, and the thoughts settled a little bit. Blade was finally able to ignore the guy's mind and get himself together.

Voice looked between them. "Are you guys alright? Rev is something wrong?" Blade didn't need to read his thoughts to tell that Voice wasn't sure what to do about the situation and what was wrong with everyone.

Blade got up and nodded his head and Voice then the young man he presumed to be Rev. Rev began to speak, "Professor of Truth, I need your help. I don't know who else to talk to." Rev's breathing was extremely quick and heavy. His hair was disheveled, and his shirt sleeves were cut short and looked singed.

"What happened?" Voice asked quickly.

Rev started talking and said, "I found out that I can do this thing. Like one of those abilities you were talking about."

"How long have you known?"

"I found out last year, but I only did it once. I never learned to control it. But the other day this guy started pressuring me into a fight. He was pushing me and trying to get me to hit back, and when he had me against a wall, I did it again." Rev was breaking down. Blade wasn't trying to read his mind, but he could feel it. He got up and grabbed Rev by the shoulders. Blade put him in the seat and stared at him. Rev was taken back by that, but he relaxed his muscles a little and took a deep breath.

"What did you do?"

"I shot fire at him. I didn't think about it. I just put my hand toward him, and fire started shooting at him."

"And you killed him?"

Rev was shaking now at this point. A tear hit his eye, and he said, "No. I didn't. The fire bent, and it killed someone on the sidewalk. I don't know how it happened. I wasn't even trying to shoot the fire. I could feel the power though. It was coming from my core and flowing into my arms, and it was just going straight."

"What if the guy who you shot at bent your fire?" Voice asked him.

"I don't know. I wasn't thinking at all."

Blade decided to speak up, hoping he could help, "Rev, I'm different like you. Not exactly like you, but I'm a telepath. I can read your mind. I don't know the extent of my abilities. Right now it's kind of just hearing immediate thoughts, but I can try to go into your mind and look for that memory. Maybe I can look at it and see if I can tell from your eyes."

Rev was blank. A small smile started to appear on his face, and he said, "You can do that? Really?"

Rev looked to Voice for a confirmation, and Voice said, "As far as I know, as long as he can find the right connection in your mind, he should be able to dig that deep. He just has to find your long term memory."

Blade didn't wait for Rev's approval. He wanted to challenge himself and get inside Rev's mind. He focused on Rev's thoughts, hearing his doubts and his thankfulness that there was someone else like him. Then he moved past the immediate thoughts. It was like moving through an invisible wall, but eventually, with enough strength from Blade's mind focusing, he broke past the wall. When he went into the long term memory, he saw the memories in front of him, expanded from Rev's mind and into the space around the room. There were thousands. Hundreds of thousands as far as he could see.

"Rev, can you focus on that event? I don't see it," Blade requested.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 1:31:08 PM
He probably looked like a loon, looking around the room at the walls and ceiling, trying to find something in Rev's mind. Unfortunately, they didn't see what he saw.

Then an image started to become larger than the others. He saw a short clip of memory repeating itself. It started and ended at different points every time, but he kept seeing the same thing. Fire would blast forward toward whoever the other man was, then the fire would bend and hit the student on the sidewalk, who barely had time to even show a look of surprise before being seared to death.

He focused on the man Rev was shooting his fire at. He looked at the shoulder and upper arm, and saw them move. Then as the fire got closer, he noticed it. The man's hand went up and moved over at the same exact time as the fire. So the other man bent the fire.

Blade let go of the image, letting it all fall back into Rev's head. Blade took a deep breath as the room faded back into its normal color and design. "You didn't kill the man," he said as soon as he could think clearly enough to speak. "I saw it. The guy's hand moved, and your fire bent."

"Rev, do you know who it was?" Voice asked.

"Yes," Rev answered a little quietly. He looked at Blade then voice and said, "His name is Darth Kirones."

After Rev said this, Blade started feeling his energy start to drain. This is the same thing he felt when he was abducted. He could hear the same voices too, but he couldn't focus enough to tell what they were saying. He struggled to get up, but as soon as he started expending energy, he started to fall. Then he hit the ground, and everything went dark.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emma stepped off the bus with Peters and Mishap. One of the first things she noticed was her neighbor Vox putting trash in his trash can that was at the end of his driveway. She waved at him, and he waved back. He looked a lot better kept this time. His hair was combed, and his clothes were a lot cleaner and better selected.==

He started walking over to the three of them and called out, "Hey, Emma. I got a question for you."

It was a little creepy that he was walking toward her, but she didn't really feel unsafe. No matter how uncomfortable she was with shape shifting. If he tried anything she could just turn into Hulk Hogan or The Rock or some other really big guy. "What is it?" She responded.

He waited until he was directly in front of them, then he stuck his hand out to Peters. She shook it reluctantly and pulled back her hand after a moment. "Your hand is kind of sticky," she said to him.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Did you know that water is one of the most powerful things on earth?" Vox's response was extremely odd. Why would he bring up water? Then he looked to Emma and said, "How are you enjoying your ability? You know how much you can do with that? I'm sure you've already thought about it."

Emma pulled back and asked, "What are you talking about? What did you do?"

Vox started laughing manically then grabbed Mishap by the hand. "Oh that's an interesting one," he said as he pulled his hand back. Emma started stepping back, but Vox asked, "You know why my hand is sticky now?"

"I don't want to think about it," Emma responded.

"Little tiny tubes come out of my hand, and I can transfer DNA coding. I can give a little or take a little or both. I can give you an ability, or my body can learn how to do yours if you already have one. The tubes make it sticky because they're going into your hand, but they don't hurt because they're super tiny."

"Why are you doing this?" Mishap asked with a look of disgust on her face. "Can't you just let people be?"

"No, of course not. You can go ahead and run from me now."

Emma thought about running, but instead she walked toward him. She focused on making the muscles in her arms grow as much as she could without it being too heavy. Vox laughed like a maniac as she clasped her hands together, and swung them into his gut. She made her arms smaller immediately after the hit, and watched him fall, still laughing. He rolled over and got back up. "Thank you for giving me a chance to try out my new ability. Now I need to go in and watch some news. Last place I hit was New York City, and I have a feeling that a lot of chaos is about to happen." Vox said with a smile. He looked around the neighborhood and said, "Manville, New Jersey. I like this target." Then he walked back into his home, and the three of them let him go.

Emma, Mishap, and Peters looked at each other. Emma and Mishap gave some attention to Peters for a moment then Mishap said, "If he gives people abilities" And he was talking to you about water."

"What? Am I a water bender now? Maybe he's just crazy and you guys are just special."

"No, Peters," Emma responded. "He shook hands with me too, and his hands were sticky. The next morning, I woke up looking like you."

"What purpose does he have? What reason could he possibly have to do this?" Mishap started thinking out loud.

"I don't know, but he was definitely crazy," Emma said, giving a side glance to Peters the back to Mishap. "If there's anything that I know, it's that we need to remember who we are, and learn how to live with these abilities." Mishap and Peters smiled at her, and Emma added, "And I'm really hungry. Shape shifting makes me need to eat a lot."
Esocial wasn't sure where to go. It'd been an hour since she left the office, and she went straight to the break room. Since then, she hadn't talked to anyone including herself. Then she thought about it more and realized she needed to talk to someone. She wasn't sure what to feel. She actually thought that it was cool what Endark could do, but all day, he'd been acting like the greatest person on earth. Now that he had this ability, it was like he was starting to act like a god. Endarkened Rationalist, god of thermometers.

Maybe she could talk to Donald. Donald was a normal guy as far as she could tell. Pretty outgoing, although he seemed a little too confident in himself, but he seemed like a nice guy. He was also the only other person here that she knew.

She walked into the hall and read the names on the offices. Then she saw Donald Keller on one of the rooms and opened the door without even thinking of knocking. Donald was peeling sticky notes off the wall and throwing them away with very quick and violent motions. He didn't even seem to notice her. "Donald," she said to him, worried that he might be losing it.

He stopped for a moment and looked at her with a look of total surprise on his face. He had a sticky note in his hand and said, "I'm sorry, I have to throw all of these away. I don't know what's going on with me."

"What do you mean? What's wrong with these sticky notes?"

"I didn't write them." Donald began to speak everything quickly, as if to make sure that the words came out before he broke down or exploded, "This whole wall, I don't remember writing a single one. Sometimes at work, and I'll be writing, then I fall asleep and have these dreams. When I wake up, I have a stack of sticky notes in front of me that describe my dreams in lines of poetry."

"So you write them in your sleep? Write your dreams? That's okay, some people do that."

"But my dreams come true," Donald said softly. His voice wavered like the voice of a child who'd just had his first nightmare. Donald picked up one of the sticky notes that he threw away and said, "Look at this one."

Esocial looked at it and read it out loud, "The East falls in an explosion of gas. The lives of the innocents have now come to pass." Esocial shot Donald a confused look.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 1:32:03 PM
"I wrote that a week ago. Then two days ago, there was a gas line explosion in East Village. 8 dead, and 3 still missing."

"That could easily be a coincidence," Esocial said handing it back. "That's pretty vague. You could've been dreaming about the nuclear bombing of Japan for all I know."

"Almost every note that I wrote within the last week have matched a news story. The ones that haven't happened I wrote like yesterday and just now."

Esocial considered him for a moment. So now she'd walked away from one superhuman just to go hangout with another. Neither of them seemed very controlled about their ability, but at least Donald wasn't convinced he was destined to be like the poet of future events or something. "Well, let's see them. Maybe we'll be able to tell the future."
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ItsRevYall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 1:40:33 PM
Oh hell no. Ain't no Star Wars nerd going to bully me.

FITE ME M8 I'LL POUND YOUR FOOKING HEAD IN

*jumps Darth*
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 1:47:36 PM
At 4/1/2015 1:41:30 PM, ItsRevYall wrote:
Oh and shh, dont tell Rev.

Lol sure I'll be sure not to.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ItsSeventhYall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 1:50:33 PM
At 4/1/2015 1:40:33 PM, ItsRevYall wrote:

*jumps Darth*

Same goes once I'm in it.
ItsRevYall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 1:51:50 PM
At 4/1/2015 1:50:33 PM, ItsSeventhYall wrote:

*jumps Darth*

xD

I wonder what will happen when they see this.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 2:32:55 PM
I like this series.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 2:40:37 PM
At 4/1/2015 2:32:55 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I like this series.

Thank you :)
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 2:42:13 PM
At 4/1/2015 2:40:37 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
I like this series.

It's well written, fascinating, and I'm actually in it, lol. XD
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 2:50:55 PM
At 4/1/2015 2:42:13 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I like this series.

Lol I'm glad to hear that, and yeah I like having your character in this story.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 2:54:20 PM
At 4/1/2015 2:50:55 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
I like this series.

Yay! It's kinda nice, I'm usually a background character since only a few people know me.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 3:34:06 PM
At 4/1/2015 2:54:20 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I like this series.

Yay! It's kinda nice, I'm usually a background character since only a few people know me.

Lol well I know you :P in the end, there won't necessarily be any background characters though. Everyone's going to be a strong roll at some point or another.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 3:38:20 PM
At 4/1/2015 3:34:06 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
I like this series.

Lol well I know you :P in the end, there won't necessarily be any background characters though. Everyone's going to be a strong roll at some point or another.

Yay! That's really great.

Bench killed me. :'(

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:05:15 PM
At 4/1/2015 3:38:20 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I like this series.

Haha well I'm not saying everyone loves :P
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:06:08 PM
At 4/1/2015 4:05:15 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
I like this series.

Yeah, he was mean. He killed me and Peters in one fell swoop. :'(

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:11:48 PM
Did I miss a hangout where you guys planned the alts?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
ItsSeventhYall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:21:18 PM
At 4/1/2015 4:11:48 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Did I miss a hangout where you guys planned the alts?

What do you mean?
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:41:10 PM
At 4/1/2015 4:06:08 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I like this series.

lol I won't tell you all the reasons that I kill off a character, but I will tell you that the character usually has to be fully developed (or they weren't even really a character like sidewalk guy), and the death has to add something to the story
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:42:13 PM
At 4/1/2015 4:41:10 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
I like this series.

lol I won't tell you all the reasons that I kill off a character, but I will tell you that the character usually has to be fully developed (or they weren't even really a character like sidewalk guy), and the death has to add something to the story

That's good. Bench was just trying to get rid of us.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:43:26 PM
At 4/1/2015 4:42:13 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I like this series.

Haha well it's his fanfic. He can do what he wants. You guys do have a home now though, so don't worrry.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:46:10 PM
At 4/1/2015 4:43:26 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
I like this series.

Haha well it's his fanfic. He can do what he wants.
I know.
You guys do have a home now though, so don't worrry.
Yay! :3

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:49:05 PM
At 4/1/2015 4:46:10 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I like this series.

I know.

lol anyway thanks for reading.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:50:06 PM
At 4/1/2015 4:49:05 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 4/1/2015 4:46:10 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I like this series.

I know.

lol anyway thanks for reading.

Thanks for writing!

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:54:45 PM
Do I get to have a steamy romance scene in this?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 5:20:09 PM
At 4/1/2015 1:51:50 PM, ItsRevYall wrote:

*jumps Darth*

xD

I'll take you both on.
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax
ItsSeventhYall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 5:21:41 PM
At 4/1/2015 5:20:09 PM, DarthKirones wrote:

*jumps Darth*

xD

I'll take you both on.

i'll fight you right now
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 5:23:15 PM
At 4/1/2015 5:21:41 PM, ItsSeventhYall wrote:
At 4/1/2015 5:20:09 PM, DarthKirones wrote:

*jumps Darth*

xD

I'll take you both on.

i'll fight you right now

Alright.

*Throws large uppercut.*
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 12:24:24 PM
At 4/1/2015 4:54:45 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Do I get to have a steamy romance scene in this?

Probably yeah
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9