Jump to topic:

Watch this documentary series or...

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 5:30:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You will burn in a pit of hellfire and brimstone for eternity! Or you'll get a strange rash on your left arm. Definitely one of the two.

The series is called "Life" and is, quite frankly, the duck's testicles. Very highly recommend a purchase or better yet an illegal download because, hey, f*ck paying for stuff. There's also a version of it with overdubbed narration by Oprah Whinfrey so I guess my point is may God please save our souls before it's too late?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 8:07:31 PM
I've seen parts of "Life" but never that - and that's damn cool, and a bit creepy, at the same time. Those worms puncturing the dead seal's body... blegh.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 8:13:09 PM
At 7/25/2010 8:07:31 PM, Volkov wrote:
I've seen parts of "Life" but never that - and that's damn cool, and a bit creepy, at the same time. Those worms puncturing the dead seal's body... blegh.

Haha yeah that part is sweet.

What's been happenin anyway man long time no talk. I'm going to go out on a limb and take it you've been watching the Australian PM fiasco, Kevin Rudd's disgraceful exit from office and so forth. What's your take on it all?

I reckon it's funny as sh*t, I didn't like Rudd anyway and don't mind Gillard. She openly admitted when asked, and with pride, that she's an atheist. That's a bold move for a PM to make and one I can't imagine too many heads of state make.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 8:18:38 PM
At 7/25/2010 8:13:09 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
What's been happenin anyway man long time no talk. I'm going to go out on a limb and take it you've been watching the Australian PM fiasco, Kevin Rudd's disgraceful exit from office and so forth. What's your take on it all?

You're absolutely right, and I created a thread about it awhile back wondering what in the f*ck was happening down there. I suppose my take is that you find leaders fairly disposable. xD

But, Gillard seems like a class act, though I watched the debate yesterday and she didn't impress me. She'll probably win but, how exactly will she be different from Rudd? She's been in office two weeks - its hard to flesh out your identity and style in that kind of time.

I reckon it's funny as sh*t, I didn't like Rudd anyway and don't mind Gillard. She openly admitted when asked, and with pride, that she's an atheist. That's a bold move for a PM to make and one I can't imagine too many heads of state make.

It really is a rarity, but it happens, sometimes from the most unexpected corners. Our old leader in the party I'm involved in here was an atheist, despite growing up in a Catholic family and adhering to the basic traditions. It's more prevalent than you think, really, its just in North America and a few other countries (not Europe so much) that you get the problems. Surprised its not an issue in Aussie.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 8:50:11 PM
You're absolutely right, and I created a thread about it awhile back wondering what in the f*ck was happening down there. I suppose my take is that you find leaders fairly disposable. xD

Haha, well I personally don't take leaders any way at all. I don't care about any of them and I'll be dummy voting this election. I'm thinking of drawing a penis on the ballot sheet, unless you've got any better suggestions. Now that I think of it, you probably find it abhorrent that someone would throw away their right to vote. My reasoning is that I don't care enough or know enough about politics to vote, so I shouldn't be forced to do so. Does Canada have mandatory voting?

But, Gillard seems like a class act, though I watched the debate yesterday and she didn't impress me. She'll probably win but, how exactly will she be different from Rudd? She's been in office two weeks - its hard to flesh out your identity and style in that kind of time.

The thing is, it's the same party with a different face and one less man. And they've conveniently backflipped on some of Rudd's more unpopular decisions, like the mining tax, without mentioning the fact that they were co-architects of the very policies they were condemning!

Surprised its not an issue in Aussie.

It was kind of an issue for a while there and then kind of died off. Like a few SMS to the editor in the local newspaper and stuff like that, and it was mentioned on the news and stuff, but no big deal. Surprised me a little too to be honest. In a good way. :D

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 9:03:39 PM
At 7/25/2010 8:50:11 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Haha, well I personally don't take leaders any way at all. I don't care about any of them and I'll be dummy voting this election. I'm thinking of drawing a penis on the ballot sheet, unless you've got any better suggestions. Now that I think of it, you probably find it abhorrent that someone would throw away their right to vote. My reasoning is that I don't care enough or know enough about politics to vote, so I shouldn't be forced to do so.

Haha, abhorrent? No, because I can understand the feeling. I just think its an opportunity to actually become informed, though. But, I get what you're saying.

Does Canada have mandatory voting?

Nah, but the suggestion has been thrown around, since our last election had the lowest turn out ever.

The thing is, it's the same party with a different face and one less man. And they've conveniently backflipped on some of Rudd's more unpopular decisions, like the mining tax, without mentioning the fact that they were co-architects of the very policies they were condemning!

Rudd's staying, so they're not even less the one guy! xD

But, that is it exactly. It was convenient to get rid of Rudd, so they did - and that is sometimes politics for you. It's a bloodsport. But I doubt they got the goal on this, you know what I mean? Gillard is too new and Rudd could have weathered the storm. That's what you do with already proven leaders - you stick with them through thick and thin. And the fact that Labour has only been in power one election, and already this sort of backstabbing is occurring, is not a good sign.

It was kind of an issue for a while there and then kind of died off. Like a few SMS to the editor in the local newspaper and stuff like that, and it was mentioned on the news and stuff, but no big deal. Surprised me a little too to be honest. In a good way. :D

Well, that's good. I don't know how well it would play here in Canada. We've had non-religious leaders, but they never said they were atheists. Just not "church guys."
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 9:17:29 PM
Nah, but the suggestion has been thrown around, since our last election had the lowest turn out ever.

You for or against?

Rudd's staying, so they're not even less the one guy! xD

Haha really? I haven't heard what he's upto, is going to be a minister or something?

But, that is it exactly. It was convenient to get rid of Rudd, so they did - and that is sometimes politics for you. It's a bloodsport. But I doubt they got the goal on this, you know what I mean? Gillard is too new and Rudd could have weathered the storm. That's what you do with already proven leaders - you stick with them through thick and thin. And the fact that Labour has only been in power one election, and already this sort of backstabbing is occurring, is not a good sign.

Yeah doesn't make them look too flash does it. Though I suppose if I was forced to vote or else get fined a hefty sum (well forced to ACTUALLY vote, not just draw a penis on the card :D), I'd vote for Labour. Don't know why, I guess because Tony abbott is a weasley little budgie-smuggler-wearin', Christian-conservative creep. In fact that's definitely the reason. :)

Well, that's good. I don't know how well it would play here in Canada. We've had non-religious leaders, but they never said they were atheists. Just not "church guys."

Haha because atheist is such a dirty word. :)

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 9:20:54 PM
. Does Canada have mandatory voting?

I didn't know anyone did. Thats really stupid I think.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 9:25:11 PM
At 7/25/2010 9:20:54 PM, lovelife wrote:

Tell me about it. Everyone who turns 18 has to enrol to vote and then every election they have every person's name in a list and you get it crossed off. If you don't vote you get fined.

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 9:29:20 PM
At 7/25/2010 9:17:29 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
You for or against?

Not sure, but most likely against. If we can't get voters out to the polls, there's something wrong with the system, and forcing people won't help that.

Haha really? I haven't heard what he's upto, is going to be a minister or something?

I think, no clue really. Probably though. I mean, the way they got rid of the guy, they need to give him something, or its just cruel.

Yeah doesn't make them look too flash does it. Though I suppose if I was forced to vote or else get fined a hefty sum (well forced to ACTUALLY vote, not just draw a penis on the card :D), I'd vote for Labour. Don't know why, I guess because Tony abbott is a weasley little budgie-smuggler-wearin', Christian-conservative creep. In fact that's definitely the reason. :)

Haha, understood. He reminds me of this guy: http://www.filibustercartoons.com...

Not the brightest jet-ski-riding, Niagara-Falls-reversing, two-tier-healthing, Christian-conservative freak. xD

Haha because atheist is such a dirty word. :)

Indeed. Given a few years, I'm sure it'll become more of an accepted thing. But, not before homosexuals, incestuous cousins, rednecks, and foreigners. xD
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 9:34:50 PM
At 7/25/2010 9:25:11 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

Tell me about it. Everyone who turns 18 has to enrol to vote and then every election they have every person's name in a list and you get it crossed off. If you don't vote you get fined.

o_O I would never live there then. They'd have even more blind idiots voting.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 9:38:02 PM
At 7/25/2010 9:34:50 PM, lovelife wrote:

o_O I would never live there then.

Haha, because of that? You don't actually have to vote you just have to show up.

They'd have even more blind idiots voting.

Yeah and that's the problem.

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 9:39:58 PM
At 7/25/2010 9:29:20 PM, Volkov wrote:

Indeed. Given a few years, I'm sure it'll become more of an accepted thing. But, not before homosexuals, incestuous cousins, rednecks, and foreigners. xD

Canada hates redneck homosexual cousins moving and getting married in Canada? Awws

But really do they seriously hate foreigners? I've talked to Canadians and theres only been one exception to the fact that they all seem nice, easy to talk to, open minded, people. Also a couple of them were openly homo/bisexual.

But idk, there was the exception and the exception could be the majority somehow. But he was a really sick perverted stoning d*ck face. (okay I don't mind pot, and I don't mind certain ppl being perverted, just not strangers that I never talked to)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 9:41:20 PM
At 7/25/2010 9:38:02 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 7/25/2010 9:34:50 PM, lovelife wrote:

o_O I would never live there then.

Haha, because of that? You don't actually have to vote you just have to show up.

Free food incolved?
(the bible is for animal lovers? wtf didn't God drown all the animals and comand animal sacrificing?)

They'd have even more blind idiots voting.

Yeah and that's the problem.

I know. It scares me what the world is coming to.