Jump to topic:

Worst movies?

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 2:21:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
There may have already been a thread for this(I know there has been one for best movies), but here is goes regardless. What are the worst movies ever made, in your opinion? One that I'll have to say I didn't particularly enjoy was Napoleon Dynamite.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 2:23:22 PM
At 7/26/2010 2:21:47 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
There may have already been a thread for this(I know there has been one for best movies), but here is goes regardless. What are the worst movies ever made, in your opinion? One that I'll have to say I didn't particularly enjoy was Napoleon Dynamite.

Twilight Called it!!!

And yeah that movie was dumb. My friend loves it and got pissy when I told her it was retarded. (not cause there was a mentally challenged kid next to me tho)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 2:25:11 PM
At 7/26/2010 2:23:22 PM, lovelife wrote:

Twilight Called it!!!

And yeah that movie was dumb. My friend loves it and got pissy when I told her it was retarded. (not cause there was a mentally challenged kid next to me tho)

Yea, my friend and I tried to watch Napoleon Dynamite and we didn't even get halfway through before we decided to turn it off.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 2:29:05 PM
At 7/26/2010 2:25:11 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 7/26/2010 2:23:22 PM, lovelife wrote:

Twilight Called it!!!

Yea, my friend and I tried to watch Napoleon Dynamite and we didn't even get halfway through before we decided to turn it off.

Lucky. My drama teacher was gone one day and left us that to watch.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 2:33:47 PM
There were some funny parts in Napoleon Dynamite, but yeah, overall, it was an unbearable experince.

Worst movie of all? Twilight saga, all three. Battlefield earth. That was pretty bad too, but we should expect as much from the founder of scientology. Pretty much every sequal ever made, although a couple exceptions exist. All of Uwe Bolls movies, especially the goddawful house of the dead movie.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 2:36:21 PM
At 7/26/2010 2:33:47 PM, tkubok wrote:
There were some funny parts in Napoleon Dynamite, but yeah, overall, it was an unbearable experince.

Worst movie of all? Twilight saga, all three. Battlefield earth. That was pretty bad too, but we should expect as much from the founder of scientology. Pretty much every sequal ever made, although a couple exceptions exist. All of Uwe Bolls movies, especially the goddawful house of the dead movie.

Only good thing about Twilight is Taylor Lautner. He's attractive. Yea, I remember watching Battlefield Earth ages ago and falling asleep during it.
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 2:39:06 PM
At 7/26/2010 2:36:42 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I wasn't a fan of Superbad.

That movie was just awful. Everybody loves it for no reason. And now that shitty actor Michael Cera is getting movie deals like he is Samuel L. Jackson.
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 2:47:35 PM
At 7/26/2010 2:39:06 PM, Anarcho wrote:

That movie was just awful. Everybody loves it for no reason. And now that shitty actor Michael Cera is getting movie deals like he is Samuel L. Jackson.

Michael Cera has a few good movies. Juno was good.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 2:50:21 PM
At 7/26/2010 2:47:38 PM, innomen wrote:
The last bad movie i watched was 2012, but i am sure i've seen worse.

Only good thing about that movie was the spectacular special effects. Other than that I hated it. My friend somehow loves it though. >.>
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 3:08:21 PM
At 7/26/2010 2:50:21 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 7/26/2010 2:47:38 PM, innomen wrote:
The last bad movie i watched was 2012, but i am sure i've seen worse.

Only good thing about that movie was the spectacular special effects. Other than that I hated it. My friend somehow loves it though. >.>

Just "The Day after Tomorrow" with a slightly different plot.
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 4:14:36 PM
I can't get into stupid or slapstick movies. Off the top of my head, Napolean Dynamite, Superbad, and The Hangover are some of my least favourite movies. The Prince and Me was also terrible--I saw it in theatres and people literally walked out within an hour.

Horror movies are also amazingly terrible. To name a few: Boogeyman, The Orphan, The Messengers, One Missed Call.

And if it wasn't for Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker, the last Batman movie would be on the list too.

I'm sure I'll think of more and come back to this thread later.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 4:37:21 PM
At 7/26/2010 4:14:36 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
I can't get into stupid or slapstick movies. Off the top of my head, Napolean Dynamite, Superbad, and The Hangover are some of my least favourite movies. The Prince and Me was also terrible--I saw it in theatres and people literally walked out within an hour.

Horror movies are also amazingly terrible. To name a few: Boogeyman, The Orphan, The Messengers, One Missed Call.

And if it wasn't for Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker, the last Batman movie would be on the list too.

Its sad too, the japanese version of One Missed Call was actually good.
PalinFan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 4:49:16 PM

Are you insane?
And Shark Attack 3: Megalodon and Troll 2 are by far the worst movies I have seen.
Super Man does not come close to the power of Jesus Christ - GodSands
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 4:50:41 PM
At 7/26/2010 4:37:21 PM, tkubok wrote:

Its sad too, the japanese version of One Missed Call was actually good.

Speaking of Japanese versions, The Grudge and The Eye (English versions) were also really bad lol. Where did you see the Japanese version of One Missed Call?
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 5:28:31 PM
Oh god I saw some film earlier today, it was called something like "thor: hammer of hell" or some crap. I swear I wanted to rip my eyes out and stuff them in my ears to end the suffering.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 5:29:32 PM
At 7/26/2010 4:50:41 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
Speaking of Japanese versions, The Grudge and The Eye (English versions) were also really bad lol. Where did you see the Japanese version of One Missed Call?

Yeah, i know. Ive yet to see the japanese version of the eye, but i saw both Grudge, and Grudge 2 japanese version. They were both so goddamn good, simply because we as the viewer saw all the ghosts, but the guys in the movie were oblivious, and it was done so subtly that it really increased the mood of the movie.

I saw the first Grudge movie in my friends house on his laptop, and the second grudge movie i saw in japan, we rented it from the store. i watched One missed Call on my laptop.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:19:01 PM
At 7/26/2010 2:47:35 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

zombieland was good! i agree though superbad was just terrible. most action movies i hate, same goes for most teen movies. ummm. any movie mainly about getting high is bound to be terrible (unless you're high while you watch lol). the most recent xfiles movie really sucked, as did pirates of the caribbean 2 and 3. all i can think of for now.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 7:31:17 PM
At 7/26/2010 7:21:33 PM, cjl wrote:
Brokeback Mountain.

Lol my dad hates that one. I never saw it tho.
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 7:32:10 PM
At 7/26/2010 7:31:17 PM, lovelife wrote:
Brokeback Mountain.

Don't, it is not good for gay people, or anyone. BAD ACTORS!
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 7:39:32 PM
At 7/26/2010 7:32:10 PM, cjl wrote:
At 7/26/2010 7:31:17 PM, lovelife wrote:
Brokeback Mountain.

Don't, it is not good for gay people, or anyone. BAD ACTORS!

Lol he hated it cause it is inaccurate about Wyoming, and theres gay ppl in there and it shows them in Wyoming (where he lives. homophobic much) I just thought he was being an @sshole about gays lol.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 8:14:28 PM
At 7/26/2010 6:19:01 PM, belle wrote:
At 7/26/2010 2:47:35 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

zombieland was good! i agree though superbad was just terrible. most action movies i hate, same goes for most teen movies. ummm. any movie mainly about getting high is bound to be terrible (unless you're high while you watch lol). the most recent xfiles movie really sucked, as did pirates of the caribbean 2 and 3. all i can think of for now.

I actually loooved Pineapple Express and I don't do drugs :p

Pirates of the Carribbean 3 was soo bad haha
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 8:17:14 PM
At 7/26/2010 6:27:30 PM, lovelife wrote:
Fireproof

OMG OMG lmaoooo I am dying laughing. My parents are hardcore christian and my mom made everyone who came over to our house watch that movie. She borrowed it from a friend, then bought it from our cable company, then bought it on DVD. The movie was more like a poorly delivered church play.

cjl- What was so bad about Brokeback Mountain? I thought it was incredible...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 9:40:00 PM
At 7/26/2010 8:17:14 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 7/26/2010 6:27:30 PM, lovelife wrote:
Fireproof

OMG OMG lmaoooo I am dying laughing. My parents are hardcore christian and my mom made everyone who came over to our house watch that movie. She borrowed it from a friend, then bought it from our cable company, then bought it on DVD. The movie was more like a poorly delivered church play.

Lol my mom is the same way and we watched it and she was all "....I think I'd rather have spent this time going to church..."

cjl- What was so bad about Brokeback Mountain? I thought it was incredible...

Idk maybe it makes fun of gay cowboys from Wyoming.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 11:24:53 PM
We all know the worst movie ever made is The Room
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...