Jump to topic:

Making a romance film

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 9:57:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've decided i want to someday direct a masterpiece romance movie set around the great depression. I feel most romance films suck lol. There's no one iconic film in romance i feel. I feel sex is overrated and many romance films are laughable. I want a movie that focuses on creative and elegant dialogue, moments that capture your being. I want to create a movie that will inspire people and move viewers to tears because you feel for the characters. It will focus on themes such as passion, love, loyalty, redemption, sorrow, joy, despair, hope, etc.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 8:01:00 PM
Those movies are made for a female audience. A man watches a chick-flick to show a woman that he is dating that he does not care about the movie if he can watch it with her
Woody Allen made a film that was like this, but different, a man could enjoy watching it. HE CALLED IT THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO. A woman is watching a movie and a man who is in the movie walks through the screen and comes down into the audience to meet her. They have a little romance, but no sex so guys may tell you it was good, but they won't tell you it's great.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 8:05:19 PM
My advice is make your movie about a spy and a deaf woman who can read lips. You could get plenty of romance into that AND you could also get a few bad guys shot.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 8:07:23 PM
At 4/20/2015 8:01:00 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
Those movies are made for a female audience. A man watches a chick-flick to show a woman that he is dating that he does not care about the movie if he can watch it with her

not true at all

Woody Allen made a film that was like this, but different, a man could enjoy watching it. HE CALLED IT THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO. A woman is watching a movie and a man who is in the movie walks through the screen and comes down into the audience to meet her. They have a little romance, but no sex so guys may tell you it was good, but they won't tell you it's great.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 2:46:48 PM
At 4/20/2015 8:01:00 PM, xus00HAY wrote:

lol not true at all. Romance films are for everyone.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 2:49:07 PM
At 4/20/2015 8:05:19 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
My advice is make your movie about a spy and a deaf woman who can read lips. You could get plenty of romance into that AND you could also get a few bad guys shot.

lol well the guy character is a mobster in the 1920's who robs, beats people, and shoots them.
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 2:53:39 PM
At 4/15/2015 9:57:47 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I've decided i want to someday direct a masterpiece romance movie set around the great depression. I feel most romance films suck lol. There's no one iconic film in romance i feel. I feel sex is overrated and many romance films are laughable. I want a movie that focuses on creative and elegant dialogue, moments that capture your being. I want to create a movie that will inspire people and move viewers to tears because you feel for the characters. It will focus on themes such as passion, love, loyalty, redemption, sorrow, joy, despair, hope, etc.

Add in a gay element.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 2:54:58 PM
At 4/21/2015 2:53:39 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Add in a gay element.

LOL! I wanna do the straight element 1st.
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 2:56:44 PM
At 4/21/2015 2:54:58 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Add in a gay element.

Yeah, but at least let a character be gay, it allows more room to work with while dictating the flow at the same time.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 2:59:10 PM
At 4/21/2015 2:56:44 PM, TheChristian wrote:
At 4/21/2015 2:54:58 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Add in a gay element.

Yeah, but at least let a character be gay, it allows more room to work with while dictating the flow at the same time.

I'll consider it lol depending on the time period.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 3:01:00 PM
Brown Girl, Brownstones
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 3:06:42 PM
At 4/21/2015 3:03:00 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 4/21/2015 3:01:00 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Brown Girl, Brownstones

LOL!

What's so funny?
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 3:09:21 PM
At 4/21/2015 3:06:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Brown Girl, Brownstones

LOL!

What's so funny?

Brown Girl, Brownstones isn't exactly what i had in mind ahaha.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 3:15:53 PM
Brown Girl, Brownstones

LOL!

What's so funny?

I feel sex is overrated
So does Silla
and many romance films are laughable.
Yup. This is not a romance.

I want a movie that focuses on creative and elegant dialogue,
Yup. And different variations of dialect
moments that capture your being
Selina and her mother's final scene
I want to create a movie that will inspire people and move viewers to tears
Yup.
because you feel for the characters.
Empathy

It will focus on themes such as passion,
yes
love,
yes
loyalty,
and lack of,
redemption,
yup
sorrow,
mhmm
joy,
ya
despair,
yes
hope, etc.
The end

Your point?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 4:26:32 PM
At 4/21/2015 3:15:53 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Brown Girl, Brownstones

LOL!