Fan Fic Ch. 4

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 4:58:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
CHAPTER 4

It had been a few months since Skep's execution. I spent most of my time in the office now. Everytime I walked through government buildings or got a table in the Forum, the background noise would noticeably decrease in volume. People would no longer talk to me.

YYW hadn't found out yet. He wasn't a government employee, and the cabinet did a lot to keep the DGCB's actions secret. Publically, I was still the Deputy Minister for MPCA; though, the same secrecy had proved incredibly difficult to maintain internally in the government.

The hypocrisy of the situation was inescapable. I knew that I was loyal though, and that my violation of 1717 was not a display of disloyalty. Or, perhaps it was, but I more than made up for it in my work for the ON. Very few people did as much as I did to ensure compliance with the law, and this hard work earned me at least some leeway myself.

I was in Chongqing this week, very close to the border with the FL controlled zones. The invasion was slated to start in 2 days. They had pushed it back by a week to give me more time to deal with subersives. I had identified over 50 in the Chongqing region, and was there to personally oversee their arrests and interrogations. I ordered their families arrested as well; there was no telling how far the FL blight had spread. Annie, my assistant, had protested that decision. I told her that she saw the world too much in greyscale. This world was simply black or white: with or against the ON, with or against progress, with or against security. To be a bystander was to empower the FL. She said that was a robotic outlook on life.

Annie and I had met years ago, when I had originally joined the ON cause. I was an ON agents behind enemy lines in Abu Dhabi, and had my cover blown when one of my communiques had been intercepted. She sheltered me in her house for three weeks at great personal risk and with no promise of reward. She had become one of the fewer people I trusted absolutely.

I got a call from Lannan; he wanted me to expedite the executions so that he could get underway. I sighed and signed the death warrants. This time, my fingers didn't trace the knots in the wood. 50 people and Annie--all people who questioned the authority of the ON, all threats to global peace. I told Lannan he would be all clear very soon.

I was back in the capital by the time Lannan's offensive began. They tried using nukes to hit some of the more vital targets: Hanoi, Manilla, Kuala Lumpur and the like. But, the FL had developed a sophisticated missile interception system that only permitted 5% of our missiles through. Our missle guidance systems also were not that accurate, and so most of our remaining ICBMs missed. It was unfortunate. Had ON been able to level those cities, the war could've been brought to a faster conclusion. There was some good news, however--the missiles aimed at Vientiane and Hainan successfully hit their targets, as did a few others. 7 million people died. In the space of a few hours, the FL traitors were already being destroyed. I smiled. Progress.

The land invasion was going to begin tomorrow. Lannan was planning, with the advice of the cabinet, to maximize casualties. It would set an example for any FL sympathizers.

That night I ordered a pizza and watched some more TV. I invited over some neighbors; I was in a good mood and unusably sociable. We talked about the importance of population control, and how the war would go. They had a boy who had passed all the genetic tests with flying colors, a credit to humanity. I thought back to Raleigh, and I was ashamed that I ever felt disgust at what happened to him.

I recalled something Blade told me the other day: "The FL has corrupted humanity. We need only the strongest to be able to cure ourselves of this malaise. Health and strength do civilizations make." I knew he was right. My job at the DGCB had shown me just how degenerate the FL was: how it would bring anarchy to the world. I remembered vividly the anarchy of the wars, how much destruction, death, and fear was wrought. People didn't need more choices; they needed fewer. They needed to be managed in order to produce a society most conducive to universal security and welfare.

Anti-disgenics was a great example of this. No one in the FL supported screenings to prevent the spread of unhealthy genes. Humanity had suffered such tremendous losses, yet the FL's solution was not to eliminate inferior human to create a better, more prosperous and capable species, but rather to let humanity procreate wildly. It would destroy what was left of us.

Zarroette wanted to simply destroy humanity directly, to prevent procreation in general. Just more evidence than the FL was full of crackpots and extremists. The devastation of the wars of the past was survivable only if humanity, in the words of Blade, "became stronger than the strongest of our ancestors."

The first wave of the land invasion proved very successful. Taiwan, Laos, Guangdong, and Hainan had been fully. Much of Guanxi and Thailand were also under ON control. Blade asked if I could go in and eliminate the vestiges of FL governance in captured zones: all bureaucrats, all officials, and all government employees were to be killed. All government buildings and property were to be demolished as totally as possible. I gladly accepted. I was on the first flight out to Hong Kong that I could find, an army of my thug-police in tow. It only took me a few weeks to clean up the areas we caught in that initial push. Over 100,000 FL lackeys were tried and executed. A model of robotic efficiency.

When I returned to report back to the cabinet, I realized that my role had been publicized. I was hailed as the person who brought a true end to FL influences in our new territories. I called YYW; he was supposed to have been in the capital that week. I didn't get a response.

I looked him up. He was here. I sent some of my thug-police to go fetch him; I didn't have time to make a journey to that part of the city. I was far too busy with my work.
I had found another nest of traitors in Abuja, and I had to ensure that the rats were dealt with quickly.

They couldn't find YYW; apparently he had left his capital apartment by the time they got there. I told them to pick him up if they saw him.

I wandered down the halls to the cabinet building. Still, no one talked to me. I was a hero of the ON, and no one spoke to me to congratulate me--except for Blade and Airmax. I assumed everyone else was in awe. I was securing ON dominance, and thereby ensuring peace. I was wiping out ON enemies.

I felt empowered. I felt happy. I was doing something good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3: http://www.debate.org...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 5:29:03 PM
And, for anyone wondering about plot development, that is coming in Ch. 5...trust me.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 5:29:19 PM
At 4/20/2015 4:58:06 PM, bsh1 wrote:
CHAPTER 4

It had been a few months since Skep's execution. I spent most of my time in the office now. Everytime I walked through government buildings or got a table in the Forum, the background noise would noticeably decrease in volume. People would no longer talk to me.

YYW hadn't found out yet. He wasn't a government employee, and the cabinet did a lot to keep the DGCB's actions secret. Publically, I was still the Deputy Minister for MPCA; though, the same secrecy had proved incredibly difficult to maintain internally in the government.

The hypocrisy of the situation was inescapable. I knew that I was loyal though, and that my violation of 1717 was not a display of disloyalty. Or, perhaps it was, but I more than made up for it in my work for the ON. Very few people did as much as I did to ensure compliance with the law, and this hard work earned me at least some leeway myself.

BIHS- BREAKING THE RULES GASP

I was in Chongqing this week, very close to the border with the FL controlled zones. The invasion was slated to start in 2 days. They had pushed it back by a week to give me more time to deal with subersives. I had identified over 50 in the Chongqing region, and was there to personally oversee their arrests and interrogations. I ordered their families arrested as well; there was no telling how far the FL blight had spread. Annie, my assistant, had protested that decision. I told her that she saw the world too much in greyscale.
This world was simply black or white: with or against the ON, with or against progress, with or against security. To be a bystander was to empower the FL. She said that was a robotic outlook on life.
Nothing is ever black and white, I know that now.
But yeah- screw you bish :P
<3

Annie and I had met years ago, when I had originally joined the ON cause. I was an ON agents behind enemy lines in Abu Dhabi, and had my cover blown when one of my communiques had been intercepted. She sheltered me in her house for three weeks at great personal risk and with no promise of reward. She had become one of the fewer people I trusted absolutely.
AWW <3
(U sure I didn't wanna rape you? :P)

I got a call from Lannan; he wanted me to expedite the executions so that he could get underway. I sighed and signed the death warrants. This time, my fingers didn't trace the knots in the wood. 50 people and Annie--all people who questioned the authority of the ON, all threats to global peace. I told Lannan he would be all clear very soon.
YAYY FOR LANNAN

I was back in the capital by the time Lannan's offensive began. They tried using nukes to hit some of the more vital targets: Hanoi, Manilla, Kuala Lumpur and the like. But, the FL had developed a sophisticated missile interception system that only permitted 5% of our missiles through. Our missle guidance systems also were not that accurate, and so most of our remaining ICBMs missed. It was unfortunate. Had ON been able to level those cities, the war could've been brought to a faster conclusion. There was some good news, however--the missiles aimed at Vientiane and Hainan successfully hit their targets, as did a few others. 7 million people died. In the space of a few hours, the FL traitors were already being destroyed. I smiled. Progress.
NOOO PEOPLE DIED

The land invasion was going to begin tomorrow. Lannan was planning, with the advice of the cabinet, to maximize casualties. It would set an example for any FL sympathizers.

MAXIMIZE???

That night I ordered a pizza and watched some more TV. I invited over some neighbors; I was in a good mood and unusably sociable. We talked about the importance of population control, and how the war would go. They had a boy who had passed all the genetic tests with flying colors, a credit to humanity. I thought back to Raleigh, and I was ashamed that I ever felt disgust at what happened to him.

O-O
I recalled something Blade told me the other day: "The FL has corrupted humanity. We need only the strongest to be able to cure ourselves of this malaise. People didn't need more choices; they needed fewer. They needed to be managed in order to produce a society most conducive to universal security and welfare.
TF
CHARLES FROM CODE GEASS

Anti-disgenics was a great example of this. No one in the FL supported screenings to prevent the spread of unhealthy genes. Humanity had suffered such tremendous losses, yet the FL's solution was not to eliminate inferior human to create a better, more prosperous and capable species, but rather to let humanity procreate wildly. It would destroy what was left of us.

Zarroette wanted to simply destroy humanity directly, to prevent procreation in general. Just more evidence than the FL was full of crackpots and extremists. The devastation of the wars of the past was survivable only if humanity, in the words of Blade, "became stronger than the strongest of our ancestors."

Lol

The first wave of the land invasion proved very successful. Taiwan, Laos, Guangdong, and Hainan had been fully. Much of Guanxi and Thailand were also under ON control. Blade asked if I could go in and eliminate the vestiges of FL governance in captured zones: all bureaucrats, all officials, and all government employees were to be killed. All government buildings and property were to be demolished as totally as possible. I gladly accepted. I was on the first flight out to Hong Kong that I could find, an army of my thug-police in tow. It only took me a few weeks to clean up the areas we caught in that initial push. Over 100,000 FL lackeys were tried and executed. A model of robotic efficiency.
Death

When I returned to report back to the cabinet, I realized that my role had been publicized. I was hailed as the person who brought a true end to FL influences in our new territories. I called YYW; he was supposed to have been in the capital that week. I didn't get a response.
Hmm

I looked him up. He was here. I sent some of my thug-police to go fetch him; I didn't have time to make a journey to that part of the city. I was far too busy with my work.
I had found another nest of traitors in Abuja, and I had to ensure that the rats were dealt with quickly.
Lol
"thug police"

They couldn't find YYW; apparently he had left his capital apartment by the time they got there. I told them to pick him up if they saw him.
Hmm

I wandered down the halls to the cabinet building. Still, no one talked to me. I was a hero of the ON, and no one spoke to me to congratulate me--except for Blade and Airmax. I assumed everyone else was in awe. I was securing ON dominance, and thereby ensuring peace. I was wiping out ON enemies.

I felt empowered. I felt happy. I was doing something good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3: http://www.debate.org...

Bsh gone gansta
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 5:32:21 PM
At 4/20/2015 5:29:19 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Bsh gone gansta

Lol...so, what do you think?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 6:33:42 PM
At 4/20/2015 5:32:21 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Bsh gone gansta

It sounds good :D

I'm not sure what to think of you though...

I don't ever think about minimizing casualties.

My priority would be to ensure *no* collateral damage
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 6:39:00 PM
At 4/20/2015 6:33:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Bsh gone gansta

I mean, it's totally a fictitious portrayal of me. But I sometimes write pretty darkly.

I don't ever think about maximizing casualties.

Fix'd

Agreed, and that's what every decent person would be. I just decided I wanted this story to be dark, and so that's why it's written this way.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 6:50:10 PM
At 4/20/2015 6:39:00 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Bsh gone gansta

I mean, it's totally a fictitious portrayal of me. But I sometimes write pretty darkly.

Which reminds me... did I send you my comments on your thing?

I don't ever think about maximizing casualties.

Fix'd

No, it was right before.
I don't even think about minimizing causalities. My priority is to keep all innocents safe.

Agreed, and that's what every decent person would be. I just decided I wanted this story to be dark, and so that's why it's written this way.

Interesting.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 6:54:09 PM
At 4/20/2015 6:50:10 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 4/20/2015 6:39:00 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Bsh gone gansta

Which reminds me... did I send you my comments on your thing?

Yes.

Interesting.

Yup.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 9:53:07 PM
The next episode should be out in a day or two.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics