Fan Fic Ch.5

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 10:41:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
CHAPTER 5

It had been a few days since sending agents to Abuja. The agents found that there was a group of legislators there that had actively opposed federal decrees. The legislators had disappeared, and all records of their activities were being shipped back to the capital for further analysis.

The offensive was slowing. The effort to push from Thailand into continental Malaysia was proving extremely difficult. The FL was throwing everything they had into holding on the Malaysia and Singapore in order to deny the ON an easy launchpad into Indonesia. The cabinet was floating alternative options, including an amphibious invasion of Sumatra from bases in South Burma or of Borneo from Mindanao. The preferred option remained Malaysia-to-Sumatra, because prolonging the exposure of our fleets to enemy air, naval, and rocket fire would lead to heightened ON casualties. Sumatra also offered a faster route to the FL capital at Jakarta than Borneo did.

The FL military commander in Malaysia, Gen. Cyber, was now top on ON"s 10 Most Wanted, along with FL"s three main political leaders, several prominent FL ideologues, Harder (an ex-spy for the FL turned FL hero), and 2 other FL military leaders. I had briefed and authorized several agents of mine for Operation Uprising. Hopefully, in a few days, none of those leaders would be alive.

YYW also had dropped off the radar, and I was concerned that he might have been abducted, and that his connection to me might be traced back. I ordered several of my thug-police to find him, at all costs.

I was in the cabinet room the next afternoon, welcoming the addition of Bluesteel as the new Deputy Minister for MPCA, now that my new position was public. He had been former Governor of East Africa. Dar es Salaam was one of the very few regional capitals I had not yet needed to visit.

I congratulated him on his accession and reminded him about the importance of the mission of population control. He mentioned to me that he thought the restrictions were often too tight. I asked why, and he told me that he felt that it was unjust to prohibit births of children who were fine mentally, but were too short or who were projected to be too lanky.

The next day I woke up to the news of Bluesteel"s surprising death: knifed in his own apartment by an unkown assailant. The attacked was being blamed on FL agents. I later gave a press conference calling for greater measures to crackdown on FL spies and saboteurs. Blade promised that the legislation would be forthcoming.

Immediately after the conference, I caught the first plane down to Dar es Salaam, to chat with everyone involved in Bluesteel"s old administration. I returned a few days later, with several of those officials having vanished in my wake.

When I got back to the capital, I received a progress report on the YYW investigation. The report indicated that he traveled a lot for his work: Montevideo, Rangoon, Oslo, Cape Town, Astana, and Lusaka, were all places he had visited in the past 6 months, and each one was a seat of a regional government. YYW worked as a lawyer for a defense-contracting firm which had business in all of those areas, so the visits were not especially odd. But, what was intriguing was that, after completing company business in each city, he stayed on an extra few days.

My agents could find only a single bank account for him in the whole of ON controlled territory; confiscated records showed that besides the initial deposit of $100, no further deposits had been made. The thug-police were requesting permission to investigate into any possible underground financial dealings. I felt my fingers tracing the knots of wood in my desk again; that was something I hadn"t done in awhile. I signed the authorization.

I had a visit from Mikal, Blade"s Chief of Security. He asked me how the investigation into Bluesteel was going. I told him in my most robotic, expressionless tone that we had some suspects in mind, and that the assassination of a government minister was a high priority. He told me that he knew who did it. I told him that if he had any information, he had an obligation to step forward, but he just turned and left.

I put a tail on him the next morning, and doubled my personal security.

That morning also saw the arrival of experts from the DGCB"s financial unit. They told me that YYW had cashed large checks at banks in ON controlled zones that were not linked to his employer or any relative of his. Further, marked bills that had been given to him when he cashed some of his checks as part of a program designed to weed out those who sent money into FL territories had been found in Hanoi and Taipei in FL coffers.

I signed his arrest warrant then and there.

The last check he had cashed had been in Paris. I ordered agents all over Europe to be on alert for him.

That night I was summoned to a cabinet meeting. Our situation in Malaysia had become dire. Cyber had managed to push our line back. Blade had called up more troops to reinforce those already at the front. I recommended that we begin actively planning out an alternative. I suggested Mindanao-to-Borneo, largely because our intelligence suggested Borneo was less well fortified than Sumatra, and given the FL"s success at defending its fortifications, Borneo seemed like the best strategy. Blade refused.

The meeting adjourned, and I went home. No television tonight. I sat up reading reports, searching for traitors. Contemplating the logistics behind an alternative plan. Thinking about Paris.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4: http://www.debate.org...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 10:41:36 PM
Actually, I'll got this out early. I was feeling creative.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 11:48:48 PM
P.S. - Sorry for all the formatting errors due to me C/Ping from word.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 5:39:22 AM
Oooooo a general who's giving troubles I like it
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 11:06:15 AM
At 4/21/2015 5:39:22 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
Oooooo a general who's giving troubles I like it

I am glad you like your role :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 3:20:36 PM
At 4/20/2015 10:41:12 PM, bsh1 wrote:
CHAPTER 5

It had been a few days since sending agents to Abuja. The agents found that there was a group of legislators there that had actively opposed federal decrees. The legislators had disappeared, and all records of their activities were being shipped back to the capital for further analysis.

dun dun duuunnn

The offensive was slowing. The effort to push from Thailand into continental Malaysia was proving extremely difficult. The FL was throwing everything they had into holding on the Malaysia and Singapore in order to deny the ON an easy launchpad into Indonesia. The cabinet was floating alternative options, including an amphibious invasion of Sumatra from bases in South Burma or of Borneo from Mindanao. The preferred option remained Malaysia-to-Sumatra, because prolonging the exposure of our fleets to enemy air, naval, and rocket fire would lead to heightened ON casualties. Sumatra also offered a faster route to the FL capital at Jakarta than Borneo did.
Much places. Much wow.

The FL military commander in Malaysia, Gen. Cyber, was now top on ON"s 10 Most Wanted, along with FL"s three main political leaders, several prominent FL ideologues, Harder (an ex-spy for the FL turned FL hero), and 2 other FL military leaders. I had briefed and authorized several agents of mine for Operation Uprising. Hopefully, in a few days, none of those leaders would be alive.
*gasps*

YYW also had dropped off the radar, and I was concerned that he might have been abducted, and that his connection to me might be traced back. I ordered several of my thug-police to find him, at all costs.
Oh noes.

I was in the cabinet room the next afternoon, welcoming the addition of Bluesteel as the new Deputy Minister for MPCA, now that my new position was public. He had been former Governor of East Africa. Dar es Salaam was one of the very few regional capitals I had not yet needed to visit.
Cool.

I congratulated him on his accession and reminded him about the importance of the mission of population control. He mentioned to me that he thought the restrictions were often too tight.
NO
I asked why, and he told me that he felt that it was unjust to prohibit births of children who were fine mentally, but were too short or who were projected to be too lanky.
YES

The next day I woke up to the news of Bluesteel"s surprising death: knifed in his own apartment by an unkown assailant.
The attacked was being blamed on FL agents. I later gave a press conference calling for greater measures to crackdown on FL spies and saboteurs. Blade promised that the legislation would be forthcoming.
O-O

Immediately after the conference, I caught the first plane down to Dar es Salaam, to chat with everyone involved in Bluesteel"s old administration. I returned a few days later, with several of those officials having vanished in my wake.

WTF
When I got back to the capital, I received a progress report on the YYW investigation. The report indicated that he traveled a lot for his work: Montevideo, Rangoon, Oslo, Cape Town, Astana, and Lusaka, were all places he had visited in the past 6 months, and each one was a seat of a regional government. YYW worked as a lawyer for a defense-contracting firm which had business in all of those areas, so the visits were not especially odd. But, what was intriguing was that, after completing company business in each city, he stayed on an extra few days.
Hmmmm

My agents could find only a single bank account for him in the whole of ON controlled territory; confiscated records showed that besides the initial deposit of $100, no further deposits had been made. The thug-police were requesting permission to investigate into any possible underground financial dealings. I felt my fingers tracing the knots of wood in my desk again; that was something I hadn"t done in awhile. I signed the authorization.

I had a visit from Mikal, Blade"s Chief of Security. He asked me how the investigation into Bluesteel was going. I told him in my most robotic, expressionless tone that we had some suspects in mind, and that the assassination of a government minister was a high priority. He told me that he knew who did it. I told him that if he had any information, he had an obligation to step forward, but he just turned and left.

Hmm
I put a tail on him the next morning, and doubled my personal security.

well then
That morning also saw the arrival of experts from the DGCB"s financial unit. They told me that YYW had cashed large checks at banks in ON controlled zones that were not linked to his employer or any relative of his. Further, marked bills that had been given to him when he cashed some of his checks as part of a program designed to weed out those who sent money into FL territories had been found in Hanoi and Taipei in FL coffers.

I signed his arrest warrant then and there.

The last check he had cashed had been in Paris. I ordered agents all over Europe to be on alert for him.

That night I was summoned to a cabinet meeting. Our situation in Malaysia had become dire. Cyber had managed to push our line back. Blade had called up more troops to reinforce those already at the front. I recommended that we begin actively planning out an alternative. I suggested Mindanao-to-Borneo, largely because our intelligence suggested Borneo was less well fortified than Sumatra, and given the FL"s success at defending its fortifications, Borneo seemed like the best strategy. Blade refused.

The meeting adjourned, and I went home. No television tonight. I sat up reading reports, searching for traitors. Contemplating the logistics behind an alternative plan. Thinking about Paris.
I foresee hot, kinky sex scenes in the near future:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4: http://www.debate.org...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 3:23:54 PM
At 4/21/2015 3:20:36 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 4/20/2015 10:41:12 PM, bsh1 wrote:
CHAPTER 5

WTF

I am evil. What can I say?

I foresee hot, kinky sex scenes in the near future:

*dies laughing*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:59:11 PM
At 4/21/2015 10:09:16 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
For some reason, this series reminds me of some of Bret Easton-Ellis' books.

I've never read any of his books.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:00:52 PM
"He is a self-proclaimed satirist, whose trademark technique, as a writer, is the expression of extreme acts and opinions in an affectless style. Ellis employs a technique of linking novels with common, recurring characters." [http://en.wikipedia.org...]

I guess I can see the connection.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:06:03 PM
At 4/22/2015 1:00:52 PM, bsh1 wrote:
"He is a self-proclaimed satirist, whose trademark technique, as a writer, is the expression of extreme acts and opinions in an affectless style. Ellis employs a technique of linking novels with common, recurring characters."

This is also a lot like an extremely abridged Tom Clancy novel.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:07:29 PM
At 4/22/2015 1:06:03 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
"He is a self-proclaimed satirist, whose trademark technique, as a writer, is the expression of extreme acts and opinions in an affectless style. Ellis employs a technique of linking novels with common, recurring characters."

Never read any Tom Clancy either.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:09:04 PM
At 4/22/2015 1:07:29 PM, bsh1 wrote:

WUT O-O

You should. Very interesting. Very large too XD.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:10:06 PM
At 4/22/2015 1:09:04 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

WUT O-O

I normally read Sci/Fi fantasy...What does he write?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:13:24 PM
At 4/22/2015 1:10:06 PM, bsh1 wrote:

WUT O-O

So do I. I like Orson Scott Card.

Tom Clancy writes Techno-Thrillers. It is a wonderful mix of spies, technology, and waring nations. It has a lot of combat and stuff in it, as well as spying and espionage. He is very realistic, too.
Suh dude

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:16:44 PM
At 4/22/2015 1:13:24 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

WUT O-O

Ender's Game was well-written, but I didn't like the ending. I am currently on a mission to read all the SciFi classics...The Martian Chronicles, Dune, and Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy are next on my list.

Tom Clancy writes Techno-Thrillers. It is a wonderful mix of spies, technology, and waring nations. It has a lot of combat and stuff in it, as well as spying and espionage. He is very realistic, too.

Eh...I am not too into combat...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:18:58 PM
At 4/22/2015 1:16:44 PM, bsh1 wrote:

WUT O-O

Ender's Game was well-written, but I didn't like the ending. I am currently on a mission to read all the SciFi classics...The Martian Chronicles, Dune, and Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy are next on my list.

Lol haven't read any of those yet, but I have Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy.

It's mostly spies, like his Jack Ryan Movie that came out recently.
Suh dude

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:20:12 PM
At 4/22/2015 1:18:58 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/22/2015 1:16:44 PM, bsh1 wrote:

WUT O-O

Lol haven't read any of those yet, but I have Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy.

Me too. I own them, I just haven't opened them yet ;)

It's mostly spies, like his Jack Ryan Movie that came out recently.

Okay. I might take a look once I work my way through those books I have but haven't read.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics