Heroes - Episode 6: Awaken

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 2:45:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Episode 5: http://www.debate.org...

Peters sat on the floor of her room staring at a glass of water. She'd been staring at it for a half hour just thinking about whether or not she should just drink it and pretend that Vox had never hinted she could control water. What would she even do if she could? Become a firewoman? Fight crime like a vigilante? She would be able to do some fun things, but ultimately, what would it even mean to have that ability?

But she had to know. No matter how useless the knowledge would be, she wouldn't torture her mind with the question anymore. She focused on the glass and pictured the water moving up out of the glass. She instinctively moved her hand up with it and watched the water. Nothing changed.

It was a little upsetting. Now she started wanting that ability. Like something had been taken away from her that she never had. So she tried again. She felt it in herself, the fluidity and movement of the water. She graced her hand through the air and this time, the water started to run up the side of the glass. And it kept going up. The water retained a sort of clear and smooth texture and a shape almost like mercury.

Eventually the water hovered above the glass in an orb. Peters's hands started trembling a little, and she felt it. The water had power in it. Her next thought was that she had to tell Mishap and Emma. The only people who would understand. She would go to Emma's house first.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Endark walked onto the college campus, and saw the people swarming around like insects. But there was only one he was interested in. He had to find Rev Nge. Just the guy's name sounded like trouble.

After about an hour or so of casually walking around, eventually he went to where he knew Darth might be. Maybe Darth could help him. When he got to the building, he heard Esocial's voice call out to him, "Endark!" He turned to see her running with Donald behind her. So she'd ditched him to go to Donald's office?

"What are you doing here?" Endark asked feeling a little defensive.

"We need you. Donald has these notes that tell the future," Esocial replied breathing heavily.

"What do you mean? Why would you need my help? Can't you just call your police and let them handle it?"

"Sometimes I fall asleep and have dreams that I write in poetry when I wake up," Donald started to explain to him. "These dreams keep coming true. My poems that I wrote last week have been relating to news that happened a couple days ago. I have a lot of dreams about mass destruction. Like the whole city dying. Esocial said you might be able to help save it."

So Esocial thought of him even though she seemed scared of what he could do? That didn't make much sense. How would she have gotten Donald in on this joke? Did she give him something in return? He looked at her and studied her face. She looked a little scared, but she wasn't scared of him now, otherwise she wouldn't have come to him.

"Are you guys being serious?" Endark asked them.

They both nodded as a response and Esocial added, "Under what circumstance would I make a joke like this? This isn't even my sense of humor anyway."

She was right. Esocial wouldn't pull something like this unless she'd lost her mind. She was way more reserved than to do this. Endark took one last look for Darth, and there he saw him. Darth was walking down the sidewalk toward them with a beaming smile.

"Hey, guys what's up?" Darth greeted them as he got closer.

"Nothing much, I was actually looking around for Rev Nge," Endark replied to him honestly. "But I was about to head out with my friends."

"Oh, I guess you wouldn't have heard. He hasn't been around in a couple days. Why'd you want to find him again anyway? You saw what he could do."

Endark stared down Darth and tried to think up a lie. He refused to tell anyone the truth about it. He just shrugged and said, "I was thinking we were too rough on him the first time. Maybe talking to him a little more calmly would be a good idea." Endark agreed with what he said, although he did still feel some sort of drive to challenge Rev. Maybe it was a sort of fighting instinct that came with his ability.

"No, the guy was a jerk anyway he deserved it."

"Maybe, I didn't know him," Endark said with a smile, then he said, "Well, we"re leaving now. Have a good day."

"You too," Darth said with a wave.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Voice and Blade walked to the doorstep of Ripple Water Security. A large building that looked like any ordinary business. Mostly windows with stone wall mixed in. The same vans parked around back that they saw Rev being thrown into. Why they would be the ones to do this operation wasn't completely beyond Voice's reasoning.

As a security company, they would have access to the data from any security cameras they set up, and they would be able to disable them accordingly. Ripple Water practically had a monopoly on the East Coast, so that meant they had just enough information to perform this operation without getting caught.

"How do we get to the parts of this place that matter?" Blade asked Voice. This was the part Voice was just banking on. He knew that if Blade could read thoughts, then that meant that he had a strong connection with other people's minds. He was hoping that a telepath was capable of pushing thoughts as much as receiving them.

The hardest part about it though was probably going to be accurately describing this to a guy that didn't even believe this sort of stuff could happen just a week ago. But he gave it a shot anyway, "Well, here's what I'm hoping for. You're a telepath, which means you intercept brain waves from other people. Everyone actually emits these to a certain distance, but you are hypersensitive to them. However, we know that you can go deep into someone's mind, which means it's like you can cross a bridge between your mind and another person's and go inside of theirs. If I'm right, you should be able to push a thought if you focus hard enough on a single thought becoming their action. Like talking telepathically, but you have to be strong about it."s

Blade stared at Voice for a moment and slowly nodded his head. "I think I get what you're saying," Blade responded confidently.

Then Voice started hearing a voice in his head. You need to look straight up. Then he considered it. Of course he did. Anyone who didn't look up all the time was a freak. He needed to start looking up. So he turned his head toward the sky, and suddenly the feeling was gone. He looked back down and stared at Blade.

That was the weirdest thing that had happened to him in his life. He had just lost control of his mind. Although, he did feel a little embarrassed about that. Apparently Blade knew that, because the next thing he said was, "I had to practice on someone. Don't be embarrassed. It wasn't that easy."

Voice chuckled as he said, "Okay, let's go back in there. And just a question. Did you intentionally make me stop? Or did that just happen when I looked at the sky?"

"No, I stopped you," Blade responded with a laugh. "You were looking at the sky for like two minutes. I had to stop laughing long enough to get you to stop."

Voice punched Blade in the shoulder and said, "Okay, maybe you need to do that on some people in there. Let's go."
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 2:50:07 PM
Rev looked around his room. It had been a long time now. It felt like days. Could've only been one. Maybe it'd been a week. He lost track of time. He didn't know what to do now. Beginner hadn't made contact again. He probably had to eat to avoid dying and wouldn't have his ability back for another day or two.

So for now, he just waited. What else could he do? It wasn't like there was a game system or a TV or a magazine or a newspaper. Nothing at all. Just him and this fire inhibiting gas. Then he had an idea. He saw the air vent over the door that put the gas in the room. He could shove his bed sheets in there. The vent was rectangular and stood about two feet wide and a foot tall. That way next time Butter opened the door, Rev could give him a blast of heat to remember if he lived to see the next day.

He climbed off of his bed and started pulling the sheets off. Not just the top sheets. He pulled off all of them. He wouldn't be in here much longer. The only thing he knew was that Butter hadn't been in the room in forever. The longer he waited, the higher the probability that Butter would be coming to the cell.

He pulled the cot over to the door, and he stood on top of it. He was able to reach the vent, and started pulling at it. It wasn't coming off, but Rev had the strength to pull himself up and push his feet against the wall so that he would get more leverage. Eventually he was pulling, probably hanging six feet above the ground. The vent cover started coming lose, and Rev gave it the strongest pull he could. That wasn't thought out as well as it could've been. He fell from the wall and landed on his back on the floor with the vent cover on top of him.

That hurt him a lot, but now the vent was free. Despite the aching in his back, he scrambled up and grabbed his bed sheets. Even his pillow. He jumped on the cot and started shoving them into the air vent. Eventually, he was confident that no crappy gas was getting through the mess of bedding he'd shoved in there.

He sat down on the cot after pulling it away from the door. Now he was excited and just wanted Butter to open the door. Then he could make his escape. Maybe he would even burn this facility to the ground. Sure, he would be a terrorist and probably public enemy number one, but it was worth it. This place had to go.

But for now he just had to do one of his least favorite things in the world: wait.
Imabench stood in the hall with his partner Wylted. They were both waiting for Airmax and Bluesteel to be done with their meeting. Airmax was the overall supervisor of this company as far as Imabench knew, and Bluesteel was a sort of justice supervisor. He decided what was considered ethical treatment of the prisoners. Bluesteel was actually against some of the policies regarding prisoners, but he knew their necessity.

"What do you do when you just sit there not talking?" Imabench asked Wylted, looking for a distraction from his thoughts. "Which is like all the time."

"Most of the time I wish I had an out. Sometimes I'd rather be dead than do what we're doing. For the most part, though, I just wish I could give some people their lives back. I hate that I kill them the way I do. It's like I become a different person when I start taking someone's energy. I'm like Jeckle and Hyde."

Imabench nodded. He honestly didn't want to know that much, and he definitely didn't want any more speeches about morality and introspection than he already got from the company trainers.

"Yeah, I can't imagine what you'd do if I wasn't here to stop you."

"You're not the best partner I've had," Wylted responded. Imabench didn't care much for Wylted's opinion, so he just brushed it off his shoulder and moved on. "But you're not the worst."

"Thanks, I guess I'll take that as a compliment then."

"I am wondering though. What happens when the company tells you to take me to the bridge?"

The bridge. There was a bridge in New Jersey that was usually free of any people walking or biking or driving. When someone who worked for the company messed up or became useless, they would be executed there by a gun. Drugged in the night, shot, and thrown down into the deep water that ran underneath the bridge.

"Why would you ask a question like that?" Imabench responded. "You mess up or something?"

"No, but I don't think the company likes me. You're right. I could take down this entire building and all of its staff if I wanted to. And don't think I haven't considered it."

"Well, what made you stop?"

Wylted shrugged and looked toward the wall on the other side of the hall. "It wouldn't help anything. I don't think this company does much good for the world, but if I destroyed this company what would be the result? Another company would rise in its place, except it would be more brutal and less understanding. There wouldn't be a 'one of us, one of them' rule. It would be all regulars against all specials. You know as well as I do that if that happens, the world will fall."
Peters walked over to Emma's house. Along the way she tried different things like pulling water from the air, which she used to make a nice little drop on her finger tip, and even trying to control the water in plants, which she thought might work. It did work, but she ended up tearing the stem, and it wasn't really useful without any control.

Then she got to Emma's house. She would go around the back like usual. When she started going around the back, however, she heard talking. It was that insane voice of Vox along with the familiar sweet voice of Emma. She heard Vox say, "So what do you want?"

"Well," Emma started to respond, "When I change shapes I get really hungry. I look like a pig now with all the food I have to eat in order to use this ability."

"Why do I care?" Vox sounded like a child.

"Well, why did you give me this power?"

"Chaos," Vox's voice changed dramatically. He went from sounding like a pouty child to sounding like a mad genius. "Pure, unrivaled, unfiltered chaos. The best part is that I don't even have to say anything. I know how the hunger works with these abilities."

"Well how am I supposed to cause chaos if I can't even use my ability whenever I want? I want a power that gives me energy from things other than food. Maybe photosynthesis if that's possible."

Peters couldn't believe what she was hearing. Emma had nearly hated this earlier, and then she'd started to accept it, and now she wanted to make it stronger. Would this happen to Peters too?

Vox spoke, breaking her train of thought, "Why? You want to cause chaos?"

"I want to be as powerful as I can," Emma responded in a voice Peters would almost consider dark. Peters wanted to run over to Emma and tell her to stop, but with Vox there, that would be suicidal. The guy could probably take her down easily with all the powers he had. It almost seemed like he was a vessel that carried all of them.

Peters only dreaded what Vox would say next. Then he said it, "Good, you're right. You need to be." Then there was no more noise. No one spoke. Peters couldn't hear anything besides the heart beat in her ear.

Then she knew she had to get out of there. She had to run. She couldn't take on Vox and a very powerful shape shifter. Who knew what Emma could do now besides Vox? All Peters knew was that she didn't want to deal with that. She ran all the way back to her house and just hoped desperately that no one heard her.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 10:21:08 AM
It's great, Rev if you blast me I will end you
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 10:37:58 AM
At 4/27/2015 2:45:52 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

I just realized you were doing these. I went back and read the others. I am one super cool professor.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 11:00:17 AM
At 5/5/2015 10:37:58 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

I just realized you were doing these. I went back and read the others. I am one super cool professor.

Lol that's the idea :P glad you like it.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 11:02:38 AM
At 5/5/2015 11:00:17 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Thanks. :)

And I like how you made Blade and I cousins....
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 11:04:30 AM
At 5/5/2015 11:02:38 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

The "of-truth" part really makes that part better, I've been meaning to wonder aloud, why do so many people have "of truth" in their name. (vox, you, blade)

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 11:06:48 AM
At 5/5/2015 11:04:30 AM, ButterCatX wrote:

The "of-truth" part really makes that part better, I've been meaning to wonder aloud, why do so many people have "of truth" in their name. (vox, you, blade)

Well, Vox Veritas is the literal translation of my name into Latin.

I think it is weird how many people have the letter "V" in their names, for instance:

The-Voice-of-Truth
Vox Veritas
Valkrin
Vaarka
Varrack
Suh dude

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 11:07:10 AM

Lol the main reason was the "of-truth" part in both of your names. And I also kind of wanted some way to bring in a familial aspect to the series, so that seemed to work out for me.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 11:08:17 AM
At 5/5/2015 11:07:10 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Lol the main reason was the "of-truth" part in both of your names. And I also kind of wanted some way to bring in a familial aspect to the series, so that seemed to work out for me.

It worked. I like it.
Suh dude

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 11:09:24 AM
At 5/5/2015 11:06:48 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 5/5/2015 11:04:30 AM, ButterCatX wrote:

Well, Vox Veritas is the literal translation of my name into Latin.

I think it is weird how many people have the letter "V" in their names, for instance:

The-Voice-of-Truth
Vox Veritas
Valkrin
Vaarka
Varrack

I think it's weird how many people have(presumably) part of their name.

imabench
16kadams
ragnar
kylar
tejrectics

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 8:13:05 PM
At 5/5/2015 10:23:28 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You really should post these to my profile or something.

I can do that :P how many of the episodes have you read?
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9