Jump to topic:

Writing personal rap disses

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 5:05:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Some claim that i'm a complete jerk for writing personal attacks against other users. What people don't understand is that this is part of battle rap. Rapping "Your lame n' i got game" isn't personal cuz it's not directly attacking the person's character. Personal disses are aimed at real character flaws. I'll give a few examples of personal disses:

RevNge - You should be ashamed in the presence of our savior! just look at all the things you did to win GCL's favour!
I'll destroy your existence like lead to eraser! you're just a heartless player with the d*ck of LeFevre!"

http://www.debate.org...

That's a personal diss cuz it takes into account me and GCL past history. He's dissing me by saying i'm not living up to my Christian standards for idolizing her instead of God.

Me vs. lannan13 - "Your a soft marshmellow, when are you comin' out of the closet?
Because what kind of soldier poses for the camera smiling gaily?
Talk about bravery but you have a disability facing the wars daily"

That's a personal diss cuz i'm attacking lannan's sexual orientation, his job, and self image of a soldier. He's too busy worrying about the wars out there than the wars we face daily (work, economic strife, marital conflicts, etc.)

If you want to make good personal disses, you must do your research on your opponent. Find their weaknesses is critical to destroying them in a battle. Watch any battle rapper on KOTD, AHAT, etc. Use a personal diss and note how no one's disqualified. If your too sensitive, battle rap isn't for you.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 5:07:56 PM
At 4/28/2015 5:05:03 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Some claim that i'm a complete jerk for writing personal attacks against other users. What people don't understand is that this is part of battle rap. Rapping "Your lame n' i got game" isn't personal cuz it's not directly attacking the person's character. Personal disses are aimed at real character flaws. I'll give a few examples of personal disses:

RevNge - You should be ashamed in the presence of our savior! just look at all the things you did to win GCL's favour!
I'll destroy your existence like lead to eraser! you're just a heartless player with the d*ck of LeFevre!"

That's a personal diss cuz it takes into account me and GCL past history. He's dissing me by saying i'm not living up to my Christian standards for idolizing her instead of God.

Me vs. lannan13 - "Your a soft marshmellow, when are you comin' out of the closet?

That's a personal diss cuz i'm attacking lannan's sexual orientation, his job, and self image of a soldier. He's too busy worrying about the wars out there than the wars we face daily (work, economic strife, marital conflicts, etc.)

If you want to make good personal disses, you must do your research on your opponent. Find their weaknesses is critical to destroying them in a battle. Watch any battle rapper on KOTD, AHAT, etc. Use a personal diss and note how no one's disqualified. If your too sensitive, battle rap isn't for you.

You mean like the fact your a suicidal stalker who stalks girls, and hits on everyone he sees. Being someone that suffers from depression and that everyone considers a joke. The fact that all the girls you hit on have rejected you and think of you as a waste of space. The fact that you look like alien fuked an autistic version of bob marley

Yeah thats almost the same as calling someone a f*g
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 2:07:08 AM

If Michael Jackson and Cher had a child..you'd be the outcome...ew
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 2:19:46 AM

The problem is not that others are too sensitive, it's that you randomly call them out and attack them, and use "battle rap" as a cop-out.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 2:34:54 AM
At 4/29/2015 2:19:46 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

The problem is not that others are too sensitive, it's that you randomly call them out and attack them, and use "battle rap" as a cop-out.

That, and the fact that he calls people out, they issue a challenge, and then he proceeds to dodge them and allow the challenge to fizzle out. He's all talk and no action -- and when we're dealing with someone of his intellectual caliber, I can't exactly say I'm particularly surprised.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 2:40:30 AM
At 4/29/2015 2:34:54 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

That, and the fact that he calls people out, they issue a challenge, and then he proceeds to dodge them and allow the challenge to fizzle out. He's all talk and no action -- and when we're dealing with someone of his intellectual caliber, I can't exactly say I'm particularly surprised.

I love how he disses people who won't diss him out back. But won't diss those who WILL diss him back.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 2:43:14 AM
At 4/29/2015 2:40:30 AM, Lee001 wrote:

I love how he disses people who won't diss him out back. But won't diss those who WILL diss him back.

I haven't noticed that. I've seen him go after Mikal, who by all means has no problems dissing him back.

DDO's Economics Messiah
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 2:46:26 AM
At 4/29/2015 2:43:14 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

I haven't noticed that. I've seen him go after Mikal, who by all means has no problems dissing him back.

Havn't you noticed he FF most rounds against Mikal. Mikal always wins. Truth wont battle him anymore because he's scared.. so he disses other ppl who wont diss him back.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 2:50:33 AM
At 4/29/2015 2:46:26 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 4/29/2015 2:43:14 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Havn't you noticed he FF most rounds against Mikal. Mikal always wins. Truth wont battle him anymore because he's scared.. so he disses other ppl who wont diss him back.

I have noticed that, but who else does he diss who won't diss him back? Mikal, clearly, is willing to diss him back.

DDO's Economics Messiah
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 11:16:38 AM

Apparently you haven't known me enough to make a valid judgement. Go look at my previous rap battles, i've landed a bunch of personal jabs on my friends: ESocialBookWorm, lannan13, Rev, etc. and they didn't complain. What if it is a cop-out? It's still battle rap. Idc who it is cuz when someone battles me, i'll diss em just like bluesteel.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 2:52:00 PM
At 4/29/2015 11:16:38 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Apparently you haven't known me enough to make a valid judgement. Go look at my previous rap battles, i've landed a bunch of personal jabs on my friends: ESocialBookWorm, lannan13, Rev, etc. and they didn't complain. What if it is a cop-out? It's still battle rap. Idc who it is cuz when someone battles me, i'll diss em just like bluesteel.

If you call out bluesteel, and bluesteel has no intent of responding - you're a total a$s.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King