Conservative Talk Radio

MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:31:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
gotta love it...

(In case you're wondering, there's no real point to this thread. I just though I'd share something that I found to be entertaining.)
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:36:24 PM
The likes of Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and etc. are blights upon the once great industry known as "media." It's a shame that such selfless, ignorant people are allowed to act like actual sources of information.

One of the reasons I'm glad that in Canada, CBC dominates the radio airwaves. The varied, exceptional content allows people to listen to a wide range of shows and opinions with a generally unbiased spin (some claim its a little left-wing, which I agree on certain shows, it is). There's no vacuum for any major right-wing hosts to take up.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:39:13 PM
He's NOT a Conservative. He exposes the both the left and the right as faces of the same coin.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:44:53 PM
At 8/3/2010 5:36:24 PM, Volkov wrote:
The likes of Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and etc. are blights upon the once great industry known as "media." It's a shame that such selfless, ignorant people are allowed to act like actual sources of information.

One of the reasons I'm glad that in Canada, CBC dominates the radio airwaves. The varied, exceptional content allows people to listen to a wide range of shows and opinions with a generally unbiased spin (some claim its a little left-wing, which I agree on certain shows, it is). There's no vacuum for any major right-wing hosts to take up.

Blatant pro-Canada, pro-government trolling.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:45:44 PM
Oh ya, and my dad listens to Michael Savage in the car. He is much funnier and more outrageous than Rush. Hands down.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:46:26 PM
At 8/3/2010 5:45:44 PM, Nags wrote:
Oh ya, and my dad listens to Michael Savage in the car. He is much funnier and more outrageous than Rush. Hands down.

My step dad does. Agreed.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:48:26 PM
At 8/3/2010 5:39:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
He's NOT a Conservative. He exposes the both the left and the right as faces of the same coin.

Could have fooled me with all that talk about the government going door to door taking your guns away.

Maybe "unstable nutjob" would have been a more appropriate label than "conservative", but the two have become almost synonymous in my vocabulary by this point...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:48:32 PM
Michael Savage sucks.

Alex Jones smashes all of them hands down. He always has documents and video proof in his hand right on screen.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 5:49:46 PM
At 8/3/2010 5:48:26 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 8/3/2010 5:39:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Could have fooled me with all that talk about the government going door to door taking your guns away.

Maybe "unstable nutjob" would have been a more appropriate label than "conservative", but the two have become almost synonymous in my vocabulary by this point...

He's a conspiracy theorist who actually infiltrated Bohemian Grove and filmed the rituals of the government officials. He also covers all the Bilderberg meetings and exposes the global elites.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 6:02:51 PM
At 8/3/2010 5:49:46 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Alex Jones uses LSD while broadcasting to thousands of people.

Cool story, brah.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 6:29:33 PM
At 8/3/2010 6:02:51 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

Cool story, brah.

Lol.

I used to listen to Sean Hannity all the time.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 6:53:08 PM
Listen to Alex somethingorother for some ignorant Christian mouth-spew. He's the guy who's slogan is: "It's not about right vs. left, it's about right vs. wrong."
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 6:56:35 PM
At 8/3/2010 6:53:08 PM, Korashk wrote:
Listen to Alex somethingorother for some ignorant Christian mouth-spew. He's the guy who's slogan is: "It's not about right vs. left, it's about right vs. wrong."

Uh, no he's not. Not to mention, he never speaks about Christianity.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 10:55:58 PM
At 8/3/2010 6:56:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Not the guy you like, it's a different talk radio Alex.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 11:02:29 PM
At 8/3/2010 10:55:58 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 8/3/2010 6:56:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Not the guy you like, it's a different talk radio Alex.

Just looked it up, the guy I'm talking about's name is actually Allen Hunt, not Alex [somethingorother].
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 10:10:11 PM
At 8/3/2010 6:29:33 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 8/3/2010 6:02:51 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

Cool story, brah.

Lol.

I used to listen to Sean Hannity all the time.

Me too. Now I want to puke whenever I hear him.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 10:55:30 PM
At 8/4/2010 10:52:08 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 8/3/2010 5:44:53 PM, Nags wrote:
Blatant pro-Canada, pro-government trolling.

And?

You didn't really give an argument, you just gave your personal opinion on how conservative radio sucks and Canadian government radio is awesome. That's all. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, I was just pointing it out to get a response out of you.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 10:59:14 PM
At 8/4/2010 10:55:30 PM, Nags wrote:
You didn't really give an argument, you just gave your personal opinion on how conservative radio sucks and Canadian government radio is awesome. That's all. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, I was just pointing it out to get a response out of you.

Ah. Good job.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 11:02:36 PM
At 8/4/2010 10:59:14 PM, Volkov wrote:
Ah. Good job.

Thanks, I appreciate it. You should record a video for the DDO Video Thread, it would be kewl.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 11:10:17 PM
At 8/4/2010 11:02:36 PM, Nags wrote:
Thanks, I appreciate it. You should record a video for the DDO Video Thread, it would be kewl.

I was thinking about doing so on my BlackBerry, but apparently I need a memory card, which is annoying. I'll just have to steal someone's modernish laptop to do it.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 5:35:37 PM

That's because yer a lib'rul.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 9:35:58 PM
At 8/5/2010 5:13:55 PM, USAPitBull63 wrote:
And the worst part is, it's still head-and-shoulders more tolerable (and probably more tolerant) than liberal talk radio.

tolerant of who exactly? Rich, white Christians?

If by liberal you mean people like Keith Olbermann (who is equally lulz), then I could see putting them in the same ball park, but let's not go crazy.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2010 7:35:12 AM
At 8/5/2010 9:35:58 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 8/5/2010 5:13:55 PM, USAPitBull63 wrote:
And the worst part is, it's still head-and-shoulders more tolerable (and probably more tolerant) than liberal talk radio.

tolerant of who exactly? Rich, white Christians?

For starters, sure---to juxtapose the standard intolerance and downright public loathing that liberal media personalities hurl at such folks.

If by liberal you mean people like Keith Olbermann (who is equally lulz), then I could see putting them in the same ball park, but let's not go crazy.

I was mostly referring to Air America personalities. (Does AA even still exist?)

Circa 2004, the network sponsored and aired a commercial that featured a mock assassination of the president. Of course, mass media merely gave AA a slap on the wrist. This wasn't just one personality making a blunder; it was the network itself, the one (at least then-) sponsored by the DNC.

If Rush Limbaugh himself, for example, aired a similar ad during his show today---you can't imagine the public/media outcry that would occur. And, of course, the label "bigot" (among labels much less tame) would never go away.

What happened to Al Franken? He was elected to the U.S. Senate!

Going purely by the numbers, even though the country has elected Democrats as two of the last three presidents, during that time conservative talk radio has vastly outperformed any liberal competition. Merely having money doesn't generate listeners. While I don't listen to much talk radio, comparatively speaking, liberal talk radio is downright difficult to bear.