Jump to topic:

Seinfeld was a show about nothing'bout somet

xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 12:39:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
was the show about nothing about something?
I believe that when the show started it was about a stand up comedian and the people in his jokes.
This somehow just didn't work and the early shows were not funny.
To save this project the show quickly evolved from a sitcom to a small screen version of the theater of the absurd. The new format worked and yada, yada, yada, the show was a great success.
The phrase "show about nothing" is derived from the title of a play called "six characters waiting for an author".
OK, this idea is absurd, but life is absurd, so why can't my idea be too.
Look, the fact is life without illusion, is life without meaning. therefore if we can all believe that something matters, we have a reason to live.
The Absurd in these plays takes the form of man"s reaction to a world apparently without meaning, and man as a puppet controlled or menaced by invisible outside forces.
Yada, yada,yada, is derived from a speech made by a man named Lucky in Waiting For Godot. "Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaquaqua with white beard quaquaquaqua outside time without extension who from the heights of divine apathia divine athambia divine aphasia loves us dearly with some exceptions for reasons unknown but time will tell and suffers like the divine Miranda with those who for reasons unknown but time will tell are plunged in torment.."

Though Theatre of the Absurd may be seen as nonsense, they have something to say and they can be understood.
In Edward Albees's "A Delicate Balance" Two characters talk about nothing, but its not nothing it's something to be scared of.
" HARRY: There was nothing ... but we were very scared.
EDNA: We ... were ... terrified.
HARRY: We were scared. It was like being lost: very young again, with the dark, and lost. There was no ... thing ... to be ... frightened of, but ...
EDNA: WE WERE FRIGHTENED ... AND THERE WAS NOTHING"
In Seinfeld, "the show about nothing" was from a story line about George and Jerry creating a sitcom show.
When Seinfeld aired on NBC there was a fad on network TV where a comedian would be the star of a sitcom, rather than an actor. The theory being if he was funny when he told jokes, he would be funny when he did an actors job.
the Plan was Jerry was a comedian so a show could be built around him.
George wrrote the pilot. Jerry said to George, "your not a writer". George answered " I don't have to be its a sitcom".
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:57:00 PM
At 5/15/2015 9:12:28 AM, Reeseroni wrote:
This show was my favorite anime next to corey in the house.

Filthy frank b0ss
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Reeseroni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 10:58:52 PM
At 5/17/2015 8:57:00 PM, n7 wrote:
At 5/15/2015 9:12:28 AM, Reeseroni wrote:
This show was my favorite anime next to corey in the house.

Filthy frank b0ss

You know it
I like it when you call me Big Poppa