Mad Max Fury Road

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 12:36:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Saw it last week.

As far as action goes, and special effects, it cannot be beat. It is basically a 2-hour long adrenaline-fueled car chase. And the violence is way over the top, so as to almost have Tarantino-esque comic book feel.

The kids will love it, of course. As will any Mad Max or Road Warrior fan. Or motorhead.

Charlize Theron was basically unrecognizable as Furiosa. But I felt her perforamce lacked depth. As did that of the main character, Max. Who was as dull as dishwater, personality-wise. Many actors could have done a better job I think.

And in a way he wasn't even the main character. Only a piece of the action.

The plot was pretty much non-existent. Very little back story. Max has a small one-minute voice-over narrative at the very beginning of the movie that tells you a bit about the current situation on Earth, but that's about it.

Bottom line: Fury Road is a cardboard cutout high octane summer action effects-driven movie. U had a good time, but forgot about it 20 minutes after leaving the theater.

I give it --- 6.5 Stars out of 10.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 2:14:07 PM
One of the best action films ever made. It was essentially a 2-hour-long 80s metal music video.

10/10.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Neana
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2015 2:05:22 AM
Yup, If you love action and thrill. This one is for you. Amazing action sequences, photography, direction, acting; everything is just spot on.