Jump to topic:

What happened to Firefly?

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 11:15:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So, a friend of mine is a huge sci-fi fan and he recently turned me on to his DVD of the old Fox series "Firefly." It only lasted one season, I believe, and ran back around 2006. They then made a movie of it which I also plan to watch after I finish the series.

I am basically HOOKED on it. I have already watched all but the final three episodes of that only season. I am going to miss it when it ends, and cannot for the life of understand why it was cancelled after only one season. The acting and writing and cinematography are all excellent. I thin it could have been one the best sci-fi series EVER!

Does anyone else here agree? Or know what it was cancelled? Thoughts? Or can anyone recommend a similar series? I doubt it, though. I love how Firefly blended the Western and the Sci-Fi genres. And the characters were all great.

Thanks!
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 11:40:42 AM
At 5/26/2015 11:15:37 AM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
So, a friend of mine is a huge sci-fi fan and he recently turned me on to his DVD of the old Fox series "Firefly." It only lasted one season, I believe, and ran back around 2006. They then made a movie of it which I also plan to watch after I finish the series.

I am basically HOOKED on it. I have already watched all but the final three episodes of that only season. I am going to miss it when it ends, and cannot for the life of understand why it was cancelled after only one season. The acting and writing and cinematography are all excellent. I thin it could have been one the best sci-fi series EVER!

Does anyone else here agree? Or know what it was cancelled? Thoughts? Or can anyone recommend a similar series? I doubt it, though. I love how Firefly blended the Western and the Sci-Fi genres. And the characters were all great.

Thanks!

Cowboy Bebop is probably what Firefly was based off. Watch that.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 1:35:31 PM
At 5/26/2015 11:40:42 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 5/26/2015 11:15:37 AM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Thanks!

Cowboy Bebop is probably what Firefly was based off. Watch that.

Meh. Thanks for the info but I'm not into Anime. Or manga, or whatever that Jap artstyle is with the big heads and eyes and bad dialogue and little girls who look like one the Asian version of an Olsen twin. LOL
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.