Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

the moral of the story is...

badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 1:08:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
this is basically the reverse of the "guess that movie thread!" thread in that someone names a movie and then someone else comes along and tells us what they took from that movie.. make it deep people :)

to start it off: fight club.
signature
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 1:16:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 1:15:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
A bunch of people fighting. Lol I dunno, I have never seen the movie.

Then why did you post?
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 1:17:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 1:16:17 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 8/10/2010 1:15:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
A bunch of people fighting. Lol I dunno, I have never seen the movie.

Then why did you post?

Because I can. :P
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 1:17:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 1:08:08 AM, badger wrote:
this is basically the reverse of the "guess that movie thread!" thread in that someone names a movie and then someone else comes along and tells us what they took from that movie.. make it deep people :)

to start it off: fight club.

Learn to keep a secret. I dunno, it was a long while ago since i watched that movie.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 1:18:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 1:15:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
A bunch of people fighting. Lol I dunno, I have never seen the movie.

If you'd seen the movie you'd know just how ridiculous your answer was.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 1:19:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 1:17:09 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/10/2010 1:16:17 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 8/10/2010 1:15:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
A bunch of people fighting. Lol I dunno, I have never seen the movie.

Then why did you post?

Because I can. :P

Irrelevant. You *can,* at this very moment, go jump of a building. However, just because you *can* is not a sufficient reason to do so.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 1:21:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 1:19:08 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 8/10/2010 1:17:09 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/10/2010 1:16:17 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 8/10/2010 1:15:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
A bunch of people fighting. Lol I dunno, I have never seen the movie.

Then why did you post?

Because I can. :P

Irrelevant. You *can,* at this very moment, go jump of a building. However, just because you *can* is not a sufficient reason to do so.

I don't see any harm in posting in an internet forum. It's 1:30 AM and I'm bored.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 2:03:20 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 1:08:08 AM, badger wrote:
fight club.
Don't shop at Ikea or you'll develop a dissociative identity disorderd and schitzophrenia.
This movie is the reason I'm so interested in Anarchy.
Helena Bonham Carter is my favourite female actor.

At 8/10/2010 1:57:05 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
American History X
Racism is bad.

I'll post one...

National Lampoon's Vacation
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 2:05:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 2:03:20 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 8/10/2010 1:08:08 AM, badger wrote:
fight club.
Don't shop at Ikea or you'll develop a dissociative identity disorderd and schitzophrenia.
This movie is the reason I'm so interested in Anarchy.
Helena Bonham Carter is my favourite female actor.

for me it was about becoming animals again and forgetting about all the materialistic bullsh1t that just drove us mad anyway.. and it even offered us a solution.

At 8/10/2010 1:57:05 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
American History X
Racism is bad.

i'd have gone with set good examples.

I'll post one...

National Lampoon's Vacation

haven't seen it.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 2:08:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 2:05:46 AM, badger wrote:
At 8/10/2010 2:03:20 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 8/10/2010 1:08:08 AM, badger wrote:
fight club.
Don't shop at Ikea or you'll develop a dissociative identity disorderd and schitzophrenia.
This movie is the reason I'm so interested in Anarchy.
Helena Bonham Carter is my favourite female actor.

for me it was about becoming animals again and forgetting about all the materialistic bullsh1t that just drives us mad anyway.. and it even offered us a solution.

dunno which of them is right but i prefer how it sounds this way.

At 8/10/2010 1:57:05 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
American History X
Racism is bad.

i'd have gone with set good examples.

I'll post one...

National Lampoon's Vacation

haven't seen it.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 2:18:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 2:08:09 AM, badger wrote:
At 8/10/2010 2:05:46 AM, badger wrote:
At 8/10/2010 2:03:20 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 8/10/2010 1:08:08 AM, badger wrote:
fight club.
Don't shop at Ikea or you'll develop a dissociative identity disorderd and schitzophrenia.
This movie is the reason I'm so interested in Anarchy.
Helena Bonham Carter is my favourite female actor.

for me it was about becoming animals again and forgetting about all the materialistic bullsh1t that just drives us mad anyway.. and it even offered us a solution.

dunno which of them is right but i prefer how it sounds this way.

lol, it's right this way. i'm fairly stoned.. and i haven't really slept.

At 8/10/2010 1:57:05 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
American History X
Racism is bad.

i'd have gone with set good examples.

I'll post one...

National Lampoon's Vacation

haven't seen it.
signature
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 2:26:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 1:08:08 AM, badger wrote:
this is basically the reverse of the "guess that movie thread!" thread in that someone names a movie and then someone else comes along and tells us what they took from that movie.. make it deep people :)

to start it off: fight club.

That's really funny i'm actually watching that right now. Probably my all time favorite.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 2:52:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 2:26:38 AM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 8/10/2010 1:08:08 AM, badger wrote:
this is basically the reverse of the "guess that movie thread!" thread in that someone names a movie and then someone else comes along and tells us what they took from that movie.. make it deep people :)

to start it off: fight club.

That's really funny i'm actually watching that right now. Probably my all time favorite.

mine too.
signature
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 4:38:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 2:52:47 AM, badger wrote:
At 8/10/2010 2:26:38 AM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 8/10/2010 1:08:08 AM, badger wrote:
this is basically the reverse of the "guess that movie thread!" thread in that someone names a movie and then someone else comes along and tells us what they took from that movie.. make it deep people :)

to start it off: fight club.

That's really funny i'm actually watching that right now. Probably my all time favorite.

mine too.

It's definately up there. My top three movies are From Dusk Till Dawn, The Dark Knight and Kill Bill. Fight Club is probably top twenty.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 4:45:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 4:37:28 AM, feverish wrote:
Donnie Darko. What the frick was the message in that?

bunnies are bad ;), or to like peoples boobs, or perhaps it was that your mother was stabbed?

I'd ultimately have to say that it was that kiddy porn dungeons are bad lmao.

best movie of all time imo
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 4:59:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 4:37:28 AM, feverish wrote:
Donnie Darko. What the frick was the message in that?

there wasn't one. 'twas just retarded.
signature
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 12:59:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 4:37:28 AM, feverish wrote:
Donnie Darko. What the frick was the message in that?

That you should never listen to evil creepy bunnies that tell you the world will end, lol.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 4:48:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 12:59:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/10/2010 4:37:28 AM, feverish wrote:
Donnie Darko. What the frick was the message in that?

That you should never listen to evil creepy bunnies that tell you the world will end, lol.

Not all movies have a moral or message to impart. Most are just about telling a story.
Anacharsis
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 8:59:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 2:03:20 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 8/10/2010 1:08:08 AM, badger wrote:
fight club.
Don't shop at Ikea or you'll develop a dissociative identity disorderd and schitzophrenia.
This movie is the reason I'm so interested in Anarchy.
Helena Bonham Carter is my favourite female actor.

At 8/10/2010 1:57:05 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
American History X
Racism is bad.

I'll post one...

National Lampoon's Vacation

Avoid being a schmuck.

Brazil
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 9:39:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 4:48:59 PM, Puck wrote:
At 8/10/2010 12:59:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/10/2010 4:37:28 AM, feverish wrote:
Donnie Darko. What the frick was the message in that?

That you should never listen to evil creepy bunnies that tell you the world will end, lol.

Not all movies have a moral or message to impart. Most are just about telling a story.

Yea, I know.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 6:30:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 8:59:25 PM, Anacharsis wrote:
Brazil

Its best to go along with the crowd.

Although i suppose this depends on which ending you choose.

Doom.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 6:46:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 6:30:01 PM, tkubok wrote:
Doom.

Game > movie franchises should best be left to teenagers dreams. Or something like that.
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 7:09:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Take your pick:

Lady in the Water
Salt
Quest for Fire
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 7:15:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 7:09:32 PM, Yvette wrote:
Take your pick:

Lady in the Water

If there is a pale girl standing naked in your shower... Run

LOTR 1, 2, 3
kfc
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 7:17:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 7:15:44 PM, Koopin wrote:
LOTR 1, 2, 3

Don't put your finger in the forbidden ring or it will get bitten off.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...