Mad Max: Fury Road

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 1:28:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Who's seen it? What are your thoughts?

I saw it in a theater in town...a newly renovated theater, where I got to sit in an electric easy chair and have gluten-free pizza and cider delivered to my seat. I loved it, but I can see that I may have been biased by how comfortable the arrangements were.

I didn't think Tom Hardy was great, though--I think the movie was good in spite of him. And I don't dislike Tom Hardy, I just don't think he's got the charisma/gravitas to pull off a character who's only got like a dozen lines. Karl Urban might have been a better choice, IMHO, after seeing him as Dredd. Charlize Theron rocked hardcore.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 3:27:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/29/2015 1:28:29 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Who's seen it? What are your thoughts?

I saw it in a theater in town...a newly renovated theater, where I got to sit in an electric easy chair and have gluten-free pizza and cider delivered to my seat. I loved it, but I can see that I may have been biased by how comfortable the arrangements were.

I didn't think Tom Hardy was great, though--I think the movie was good in spite of him. And I don't dislike Tom Hardy, I just don't think he's got the charisma/gravitas to pull off a character who's only got like a dozen lines. Karl Urban might have been a better choice, IMHO, after seeing him as Dredd. Charlize Theron rocked hardcore.

I agree. Hardy has the charisma of a box of rocks. Many other actors out there coulda done better.

The movie was actually more about Furiosa (Theron) anyway.

The action was non-stop and awesome, I thought. It was basically an in-your-face high octane 2-hour music video. The Speed Channel meets VH1 meets the Sci-Fi channel meets the Fast & Furious video game. LOL.

But it was one of those moves...that, sure, it entertained you, but you forgot all about it an hour after it was over.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.