Jump to topic:

Interactive Story

Oreo222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 3:12:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is going to be the start of an interactive story. It's going to be an action/adventure fanfic of various members of DDO.
Here's how it'll work:
I'll post a part of the story onto this thread and at the end I'll include at least 2 options. I'll then post a poll with the options on it and give a link to it in each post. The readers will vote on the options. The main character will do the action that receives the most votes.

Chapter 1

The sound of bombs woke me from my sleep. The sound of sirens in the distance could be faintly heard through the sound of the explosions. It was another German air raid.
I quickly got out of bed and got dressed. It took some time fumbling through the dark, but I eventually found his coat and ripped jeans to put on over my boxers and shirt.
I bolted out the bedroom door, went down a flight of steps, and burst out the front door and into the street. It was chaos. I could see the bright flames of the fires towards downtown. People ran past me in the streets carrying whatever belongings they could grab at a moment's notice. I ran down 4th Street, following the crowd of people flowing by. I spotted my neighbor, Imabench, wearing a backpack.
I called out to him. Imabench looked around and spotted him. He came over to me and said, "Are you alright?"
"I'm fine," I replied, "Are you okay too?"
"Yeah," he replied.
There were a few police officers that were trying to maintain order by telling people to calm down and gathering them together. People were frightened. A fairly large crowd was beginning to form. Some were pushing to get closer to the cops, while others were craning their necks to get a better look at the fires. More and more people were coming out of their homes and into the street.
Just then a bomb landed on a house. People screamed. Debris went flying everywhere and a small chunk of concrete landed next to my feet. The explosion set fire to nearby houses. People began stampeding away.
"Go!" yelled Imabench, as he tugged on my sleeve. We ran. Two other homes blew up behind us. I looked over my shoulder and saw a man crying over a body. I didn"t bother to look for long.

We found safety away from the fires and explosions in grocery store. It was me, Imabench, a shady-looking guy, a young couple, and a family of four. We were trying to figure out what we should do. A bunch of ideas were passed around, but we settled on two options. The mother of the family suggested we should wait for the military to arrive, but the shady guy said the store could be bombed at any moment. Her husband said we should make our way to the London Underground. He said it would be safer. Imabench agreed, as did the young couple. The father of the family and their two teens agreed with the mother. Imabench looked at me, waiting for my vote.

What will I do?
Go with Imabench or stay with the family.
eagleoftheeast
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 9:39:59 PM
Why are the facist germans the enemies? They were the first to implement environmental protection laws and animal protections laws.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 3:17:44 PM
At 5/29/2015 9:39:59 PM, eagleoftheeast wrote:
Why are the facist germans the enemies? They were the first to implement environmental protection laws and animal protections laws.

I know right? Those Nazis were hippies. Hitler was the John Lennon of the '30s. Never mind all that smoke coming from those chimneys...
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.