Jump to topic:

How do i make reading a passion?

Kryptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 11:25:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Obviously I am not illiterate and can understand the English language fairly well, I'm just curious as to how someone can make reading an avid passion. I have read copious amounts of science literature, but this doesn't satisfy my taste for learning, some people say reading is relaxing, tiring, and enriched in a world of wonders.

But how would I get around beginning? What books should I read? What time should I read them? I have many questions involving this.

I have read 3 novels in my entire life from cover to cover that included more than 100 pages. And this was when I was 12, I had moved up to a new city and had no friends, no computer and was bored out of my brain. It was more or less... read something entertaining or depression will instil.

Any tips will be handy. okay thanks.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 10:52:43 PM
At 6/6/2015 11:25:25 AM, Kryptic wrote:
Obviously I am not illiterate and can understand the English language fairly well, I'm just curious as to how someone can make reading an avid passion. I have read copious amounts of science literature, but this doesn't satisfy my taste for learning, some people say reading is relaxing, tiring, and enriched in a world of wonders.

But how would I get around beginning? What books should I read? What time should I read them? I have many questions involving this.

I have read 3 novels in my entire life from cover to cover that included more than 100 pages. And this was when I was 12, I had moved up to a new city and had no friends, no computer and was bored out of my brain. It was more or less... read something entertaining or depression will instil.

I hated reading too. I felt it was tedious, long and a waste of time. And that was because I was bogged down with so many things to do, projects and whatnot. Time became precious and I expected books to either make good use of my time or I would not read at all.

The only way I began to love books again is when I absolutely have nothing to do. Then I read, and then it's like I'm put into someone else's daydream and it is quite relaxing.

Some books to read: Ender's game. You can read this book at any time of any day.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 11:57:41 AM
At 6/6/2015 11:25:25 AM, Kryptic wrote:

What are your interests? Are you looking for recommendations for novels? That is to say: fictional stuff? If so, what genre interests you?

I am a voracious reader and always have been. I was raised that way. My mom was a high school English teacher. My Dad worked in the Aerospace Industry. So I had exposure to a nice blend of fiction and non-. But I know that for some it is a tiresome endeavor.

Where to start? Are you familiar with graphic novels?
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.