Jump to topic:

Jon Snow Game of Thrones ending ~(SPOILER!)~

Kryptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 10:03:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have a few predictions... basically the only logical ones. I want to discuss what could happen and why.

Since Jon Snow was stabbed repeatedly at the end of S5... Is he
1. Dead.
2. Alive.
3. About to be resurrected.
4. About to take the role of Lady Stoneheart.
5. About to take the role of Cold Hands.
6. About to warg into his dire wolf.
7. About to turn into something not completely human, but has no affiliation with the previous numbers.

I would like to discuss this seriously...
No trolling
No swearing
No judging
No whining

Please lets discuss :)
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 2:18:12 PM
At 6/16/2015 10:03:43 AM, Kryptic wrote:
I have a few predictions... basically the only logical ones. I want to discuss what could happen and why.

1. Dead.
2. Alive.
7. About to turn into something not completely human, but has no affiliation with the previous numbers.

No trolling
No swearing
No judging
No whining

Nah...Snow ain't dead.

Because he is my pick to be the man who finally sits on the Iron Throne.

I would like to see Samwell sit on it! LOL. I believe he would be a splendid leader. Fair and compassionate. But that probably ain't gonna happen.

My dark horse pick for the eventual Iron Throne used to be Theon. I kept thinking he would redeem himself. As I know that George Martin is BIG on redemption and on the oppressed guy finally overcoming.

But I have pretty much written Theon (Reek) off after he ratted-out Sansa to Ramsay in Episode 5.

Reek.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 2:34:15 AM

1. Dead.
2. Alive.

I want to say that he is dead, but the death was a bit too clean for me.. the same goes for the hound... now I haven't read the books, so I don't if know there was anything specifically stating that the hound died.. but if there isn't, it seems like a weak @ss way for him to go out.

Back to Jon though, I did not see that coming... I figured there would be mutiny, but not like that. I hope he's not down for the count, but I don't really have high hopes for it.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
DollarStoreSushi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 12:47:26 PM
I think it makes sense that he'd be dead if the show will leave him at being Ned Stark's bastard. In that case, he died the Stark death. Doing the honorable thing even if it put him at risk.

If they are going to get into other ideas about Jon Snow's parents, then I think he will be resurrected or something. I know the books go into more about what happens after death than the show does, but the show has brought other characters back to life before too. And I feel like the witch made it to the wall that night for a reason..

Either way, I do think he is dead. But whether or not he stays dead... Im not sure.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 5:28:16 PM
If it's any consolation to show-watchers, most book-readers are quite optimistic about his survival.

I'd be very surprised if Jon stays dead. I think either he gets resurrected or wargs into Ghost temporarily. The prologue of the 5th book sets a precedent for skinchangers surviving after their body dies by warging into another creature (Jon is a warg in the books though he can't control it like Bran). I think that prologue was included for a reason. I also think Melisandre showed up at Castle Black for a reason. Why else would she be there? What's at Castle Black for her to decide to go there?

I believe that Jon is Azor Ahai (the person Melisandre believed Stannis to be,) and rebirth is part of that prophecy, so some sort of death fits in with the prophecy. He's also very likely (all but confirmed to be) the son of Rhagar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Him dying before his parentage is ever revealed seems a little pointless.

I just don't think it makes sense for Jon to die. Many passages from the books support this.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 5:30:11 PM
At 6/20/2015 2:34:15 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:

1. Dead.
2. Alive.

I want to say that he is dead, but the death was a bit too clean for me.. the same goes for the hound... now I haven't read the books, so I don't if know there was anything specifically stating that the hound died.. but if there isn't, it seems like a weak @ss way for him to go out.

It's ambiguous in the books as well. There's a popular theory that The Hound is still alive , though all evidence stems from the books. http://awoiaf.westeros.org...

Back to Jon though, I did not see that coming... I figured there would be mutiny, but not like that. I hope he's not down for the count, but I don't really have high hopes for it.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 5:36:48 PM

1. Dead.
2. Alive.

No trolling
No swearing
No judging
No whining

I heard some things from the books where Daenerys saw this vison of a three-headed dragon that represented a "martyr" named Azor Ahai who is the true ruler or something. People say that the dragon represented three people instead of one, possibly Stannis, Jon, and Daenerys as Azor Ahai. So, in sum, he would be resurrected.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...