"Terrorists"

Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2010 6:26:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
...the movie.

Just watched it on Netflix's instant play, might even be on Youtube. So recommended. Kind of an old topic (paranoia and racism after 9/11) but the movie's brilliant and hilarious nonetheless. Anyone else seen it?

In it, a dark-skinned, dark-haired graduate student of American folk art goes to a tiny town, the home of the "world's biggest stool". The townspeople jump to all sorts of conclusions, become convinced that he's trying to blow up the stool, and go into "Tangerine Alert" (since Red Alert was "already taken"). Great movie.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2010 1:42:10 AM
At 8/14/2010 6:26:03 PM, Yvette wrote:
...the movie.

Just watched it on Netflix's instant play, might even be on Youtube. So recommended. Kind of an old topic (paranoia and racism after 9/11) but the movie's brilliant and hilarious nonetheless. Anyone else seen it?

In it, a dark-skinned, dark-haired graduate student of American folk art goes to a tiny town, the home of the "world's biggest stool". The townspeople jump to all sorts of conclusions, become convinced that he's trying to blow up the stool, and go into "Tangerine Alert" (since Red Alert was "already taken"). Great movie.

I loved it! Saw it awhile back.... :D
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2010 1:45:22 AM
...the movie.

It's a comedy, right?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2010 1:46:30 AM
At 8/15/2010 1:45:22 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
...the movie.

It's a comedy, right?

Yes sir.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2010 1:52:20 AM
At 8/15/2010 1:46:30 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/15/2010 1:45:22 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
...the movie.

It's a comedy, right?

Yes sir.

Good. I'll watch it then. It's not often Americans send themselves up but when they do it's usually hilarious!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2010 1:37:07 PM
Sounds interesting. I gotta make a list of movies to watch cause I never remember when I'm bored and looking for a movie or something lmao.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2010 2:06:20 PM
Haven't seen or heard of the film you're on about, but there is a British terrorism satire by the genius Chris Morris (Brass Eye, The Day Today) that I really want to see called Four Lions. http://en.wikipedia.org...

The trailers had me in stitches, "Ay up, y' unbelievin' Kafir basturds"